# 321 (permalink)  
Administrator

my days been pretty good...

D
Old 08-07-2011, 05:25 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm so happy for you, Dee.

Fands - That's all we get? No details? Maybe tomorrow.

No rat sightings yet today. Then again, it's too hot for the devil himself in our backyard.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:32 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Hev, i have to have an empty van,

for more junk i find during the week.

spose i could get a trailer, lol

cartoon lightning here as we speak

and i'm with fands, it feels like the tropics

and fands, queeny has some great melon stories

hope the headache has passed least

*&!!?@*@!! headache!!!
guess not

mamz, more like what you weren't thinking

Geindre, Geindre!
Old 08-07-2011, 07:42 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
polyaddicted cocanut

So, long story...

Saturday morning me and my buddies decided to do a little maintenance on my car. Timing belt, water pump, crank seal, cam seals, tensioner... all that good stuff ya know?

Well, as all projects go, sh*t happens. I have learned in this car game that when you are doing something to a car that you haven't done to that particular car, what is normally a 5 hour job will turn into days, what is normally a 1 hour job will turn into 5 hours. Thanks to previous owners, hack-job mechanics, and lack of parts. Throw mother nature, bad luck, and loss of focus into the mix and you have a recipe for disaster.

So we began on Saturday, and all was going smoothly. Due to the heat, we took a swim break. After our break, a huge storm came and it rained non stop for hours. So we got a lot done, all went well, but due to the weather we weren't able to finish. We came to a stopping place and called it a night. No big deal.

Today we resumed installation. Along the way we found numerous bad surprises where the mechanic who had worked on this car for the previous owner just half-assed this sh!t... but, I'm used to that, so again, no big deal. We had everything together but the biggest problem was the tensioner I ordered didn't come with a spring, so the timing belt had some flex/play... This was sketchy, and we wanted to get my car on the road, so we kept messing around with it trying to get it tensioned correctly (this was after running around to local parts stores who didn't have the spring). After playing around with this for quite a while, I went to crank my car up and heard a loud BAMMM!!!!!... which resembled a shot from a 12 gauge or maybe even a small explosion... Sitting in the driver's seat, I thought damn, my car just threw a rod or something, I just blew the motor, the pistons probably just hit my valves or something....

Apparently I had left the ratchet on the crank pulley bolt, and when I started the car the ratchet hit the inside of the fender well, busted a hole in the chassis and broke the socket.

Well, that sucked... but something even worse happened. We were going to just drive it down the road and see how it ran, but we left out a piece that keeps the timing belt on the crank gear. We went to remove the crank pulley, and well... the sh!t was stuck...

Apparently it had gotten hella tight when the motor was turning over and the ratchet hit the inside of my fender well. We took the impact to it, with no prevail. Sh!t is tighter than hell.... my friend came up with the term "hyperlocked"... which makes perfect sense. I wouldn't be surprised if the motor spun over a few revolutions before the ratchet was actually thrown off, so there is no telling how f#@%ed up the threads are.

So yeah, I don't have a car. But tomorrow my buddy is going to get a bigger impact from his work, and a special tool with a big ass breaker bar in case the impact doesn't work. Meanwhile I will be looking for a ride to the local Honda/Acura dealership to get the other parts I need.

On top of all that I'm just tired of being sober, been on the verge of just using for quite a while now, but I'm still straight, not sure how much longer I will go though
Old 08-07-2011, 07:50 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Hey there Whiners,

We are finaly experincing Summer it was in the lo 80's today and I have a hell of a sunburn

Nite Nite
Old 08-08-2011, 03:15 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Underoath, hang in there, you're worth it.

I am on Monday morning heading to work mode and the coffee isn't waking me up. Perhaps I can just look "thoughtful" all day and grab a nap?

Rise and Whine, it's another week and all is well on Whiners.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:34 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Well Ann....... we are now on the same day at least for a couple of hours Have a good day at work!

Monday here hasn't been too bad despite the early whines and woopsies!

Tired and heading to bed...nighty night all.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:41 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

under-o, you've been sober this long, don't ruin your streak....school is going to start in a couple of weeks, that will give you something better to focus on...you do NOT want to lose a semester to stupidity and fall behind.

it is "Africa Hot" and humid here.....yesterday was fine and my brother ran out of bottled water, before beer....the kiddy pool looked good...I just can't eat like I used to, especially in the heat.....I came home around 7PM and was beat tired....just from being out in the heat for 6 hours....I actually felt like barfing. Instead I skipped dinner, drank some water, took 2 tylenol and a valarian, watched mindless stupid TV....(Jerseylishous and Big Rich Texas) and turned off the lights at 10:30.

LMFandy did not come yesterday. Her car window is still broken (much like Under-o she was doing her own repair work, but is severely challenged in this area...I told her not to buy a Volkswagon).

I'm off today trying to get back on the WWatchers wagon....I don't want to even look at the markets and the news, blahblahblah....watta mess these people in charge make.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:05 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
part time member

....I don't want to even look at the markets and the news, blahblahblah....watta mess these people in charge make.

Little Miss LTT () was trying to put a new bike tube on her bike. This would have been fine but she kept calling all day to ask how to do something and then would get mad and start to get whinny on the phone...I would just hand the phone to one
of the boys. At one point I heard my son say "stop yelling at me". Not sure if she ever got it finished.

Have a good Monday (or Tuesday)
Old 08-08-2011, 04:11 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Underoath - Sorry for the car mess, but very glad to see you. Please don't give up on a sober life - it's early days yet, & you're still adjusting. Remember all you've been through, & why you wanted to get straight. Nothing is made better by using - that's just a lie we tell ourselves.

Fandy - I couldn't have handled that heat for 6 hrs. So unhealthy. Watching the news can be hazardous to our health too these days. Sometimes I need to take a break from being 'informed'. Like last night - found myself watching the Teen Choice Awards.

LTT - Glad to see you!!

Weather whine has returned - gonna be almost 100 again today with high humidity.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:11 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

perhaps you can send LMLTT to visit with LMF and they can whine together???

I am still riding around with the extra tile she wanted and her new hair-ties I bought her......

the GOOD NEWS, is that I went back a tracked all the food I ate yesterday and there is HOPE that I can still lose an ounce or two this week...so I am off to walk Sammy and get started on a good exercise day.

I will share the fake-bake apple pie recipe later...no cooking involved just the knife and the microwave.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:15 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

The one thing that SUCKS MORE THAN LOVE...

Job interviews

I feel so hopless...I don't do well in interviews
Old 08-08-2011, 04:20 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Heavyn, my brother's house has vaulted high ceilings with skylights....even with his air cranking, his kitchen was too hot and sticky.....I ran to the master bath at the other end of his house and it was 10 degrees cooler back there. the good news is, the weather robs my appetite....even the cats don't get too hungry. I skipped their canned food rations last night and just waited until the morning...No one complained and they ate a big breakfast.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:29 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Missed you Whiners! Hugs all around, for car trouble and cancellations and humidity and finicky pets and scary job interviews.....

I spent the weekend with really wonderful friends who are wealthy. I feel it keenly sometimes..even as I am sharing their abundance...I feel so jealous and like a kid peering in through a window at the STUFF I will never have....

The Green Eyed Monster found me in my dreams to make me feel Less Than and Not Enough. I have to remember that everyone's life has challenges and that money doesn't mean happiness. Then I feel guilty about being so jealous.

Sigh. Over to Grats.

Whiny is as Whiny Does!
Old 08-08-2011, 04:30 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

und, call the shadetree mechanic! lol

and taking a drink wont fix the car, nor you

Coppertone newb, for that Coppertone Butt

LTT, the wisdom to know the difference

I would just hand the phone to one of the boys
good wishes on the interview nands

off to see what kind of whines can be rounded up today
Old 08-08-2011, 05:34 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Woke up with another headache...
Old 08-08-2011, 05:45 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

is it the heat? the sodium from the onion soup? anxiety? meds? lack of meds? stress from the dog last week?....lack of caffiene?

be sure you get enough fluids today and just take it easy in the heat...the old cold washcloth from the freezer and put your feet up for a little while....and Excedrin.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:12 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Moaning Whiners,

Hey ananda I am the Queen at looking for work as it has been well over a year. The best thing I found for interviews is the more I practice w/friends like a mock interview the easier it gets. I also went to this one place where they video taped me in a mock interview and let me watch it so I could see my strengths & weakness's. Good luck

I don't even want to get started on that subject but I do have to say I totally dropped the ball when it comes to looking because I just got so sick of putting in all this effort and nothing in return. I know I have to get my butt in gear but I keep saying that and yet that is all I do is talk no action

So although this was not a planned whine I guess it turned out that way lol.

Have a whiney day whiners:rotfxko
Old 08-08-2011, 07:46 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
polyaddicted cocanut

It's cool, we had a good laugh about it

Nothing we can't fix, it is just crazy annoying/frustrating that things happen like that

And most likely the dealership won't have the parts I need, but I'm hoping and praying they do because if not that means I have to wait until they get them in stock...
Old 08-08-2011, 09:34 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My cheapsteak the other day was so good I'm doing it again today. It's torture smelling it thru the house when it won't be ready for another hour! The dogs are going crazy too. Nikko stands in the kitchen and barks.

The headache is fading a bit. I wonder how much Riley's passing has to do with the several headaches I've had since? I don't often get headaches anymore, not like I used to, so I'm guessing Riley has something to do with these bad ones.

Not to mention I've been too busy to eat so far today... am anxiously awaiting my steak, but am feeling a bit lightheaded in the meantime.

I'm lucky - it's not terribly hot here today. Still running the air tho as it's quite humid.