Old 07-29-2011, 01:33 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

good moaning whiners

****{least & BG}}}

thanks for the splaination queeny

i did take a gander

when i was out using, i took a lot of Civic Holidays

same here Hev, AC RE-Pluged

newb, glad to se your in the correct forum (wink)

congrats auntie manz

"Honesty gets us sober, whineing keeps us sober"
Old 07-29-2011, 04:35 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am donating my whines today too, just sending hugs to Least and Beagirl. The love and joy she brought to you will remain in your heart and memory forever, just like my Toby. Maybe Toby and Beagirl will be friends, Toby always loved dogs more than he loved his fellow cats.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:40 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hevyn if you have a fine-screen strainer you can strain the whole lot once it cools, i never bother except to pick the tougher skins out. I come from a long line line of canners and picklers....in the old days my mother and father had a huge garden and canned everything they grew for the winter...tomatoes, green tomatoes, stuffed peppers, cukes, etc....it was still fresher than canned veggies from the store....I did not know that soup came in a can when I was little.

Least, I am sooooo sorry for your decision...but as her owner, you just know when it is time....I had a 13 year old huge female chow with cancer....I had her since she was apuppy....by the time i put her down she was skin and bones...i stayed with her while the valium kicked in and told her she was such a good girl and that "mommy loves you"...then i went to work and kept my door closed all day....You do what you can and you are trusted to do the right thing...you daughter is younger and just doesn't want to let the dog go....she is having a harder time because she's not experienced it.

maybe this is why Pandora is with you....not to take the Bea's place but to comfort you and honor her memory...and give you a really good future in your sobriety....hugs...and slap the kids for me.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:58 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Smile

Least,
So sorry to hear about your dog...they are part of your family and sometimes more important than your people family.

I am happy to announce that the only thing I have to whine about is my difficulty sleeping. I am on day four and feel great...just a little tired.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:52 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fandy - Thanks - I feel better knowing it's acceptable to leave the seeds in.

Manz - Congratulations once again - do they all live nearby?

Newby - That's how I am too - would rather let a fly out the door than squish it, if possible. I intensly dislike insects though.

Least - Everyone's said lovely things already, and I agree with our friends here. I'm sending love & prayers out to you. One thing I always try to remember - our faithful friends would never want to be the cause of our sadness. She was all about bringing you joy - and in time you'll be smiling at the memories of a 13 year friendship.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:46 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I made the appt at the vet, and am bringing her to one of our local funeral homes afterward to have her cremated. It hurts to let her go after all these years but at least she won't be forced to live beyond her capacity to enjoy life.

She's still functioning at a minimal level but I don't want to make her wait until she's really bad off. She's not the same dog now, she's not able to do the things she used to do and it's just time for her to rest.

Ck will probably be mad at me but what the hell - she's always mad at me about something...

A dog's only fault is that they don't live long enough...
Old 07-29-2011, 07:46 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

IDNK that funeral homes will take pets???? my vet always makes the arrangements...I've had to put 2 dogs and a beloved kitty to cremation in the last 10 years.

Least if it makes you feel any better, LMFandy was angry with me too...but again, she just doesn't have the experience....and trying to reason with her is just too damn exhausting. save your energy for the good memories and the dog-walks to come.

Hevyn; I think that RZ is the resident gravy expert...he's always a-bragging...and OMG, who gets up at 430AM????? are there that many folks loving estate sales? I cannot get into that...i hate old stuff...it always smells moldy.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:56 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Least (hug)

Most people tell me this isn't a good idea, but it always works for me. I always save my dogs from death at the pound or from neglectful homes or foster care transfer after transfer. When one of them has come to a point where they are miserable or I can no longer care for them....I have them put down, and immediately save a new dog. Bodhi was scheduled for death in 24 hours, I gave her 12 years...after her death I adopted gunny who had been bounced from fostor home to foster home for 3 years. Now Nia is getting older...there are alot of years left, but when she has to be put down I will adopt a new dog who needs saving. I know that 2 dogs is all I can aford, but I can do that....I would love a purebred puppy, but I suspect I will always end up with a rescue...

I'll post my whine seperate cause you deserved a special note (hug)
Old 07-29-2011, 07:59 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

OK...mom's ETA is 2 hours

I'm looking forward to painting, but I am dreading it too....lots of furniture moving involved. Plus I've stuff to clean before she gets here....

At least it will be under 100 most of today! We've been running in the 106 range for weeks.

Life without a whine isn't a real life I guess....
Old 07-29-2011, 10:09 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Nanda - Looking forward to painting? Have you gone mad, woman?!
That's lovely about your dog adoptions - if only everyone would do their part to help the homeless animals. We have neighbors with huge lots who could have several pets, but don't want to be bothered. We have our purebred English Mastiff, but also a Lab we rescued who was on death row at the shelter - twice.

Least - I've said a prayer this morning for you and Beagirl. I know it's the right thing - she will have her dignity and no suffering.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:14 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Now we know why Least adopted Pandora a couple of weeks ago....Not to take the Bea's place, but to comfort Least and her brood at this sad time...(great minds think alike, Ananda).

no whining on a Friday..,.except I would like either a big pizza or a bowl of pasta and an entire loaf of bread and BUTTER....that's a carb overdose death for sure.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:04 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by least View Post
A dog's only fault is that they don't live long enough...
I have always said that God made one mistake, and that is that our pets don't live as long as we do.

Keeping you and Beagirl in my prayers.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:17 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Unhappy

Well she's gone now. No more pain, no more discomfort, no more falling down. I took her little body to the only funeral home in this county that does pet cremations. I'll pick up the remains next week. I feel empty. But I know I did the right thing. The only thing left for her was suffering and I couldn't let her suffer.

The funeral home will do some fur clippings and a paw print. They were really nice there. They understood me and it helped.

I just got home and ck gave me a big hug and no more 'yelling' at me.

Old 07-29-2011, 01:23 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((Least)))

I love you, really I do. You did the kind thing and I know it hurts like hell. But it was the right thing to do.

RIP Beagirl...say hello to my Toby.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:10 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

her pain is over and she would not want you to be sad....You gave her an excellent happy life...sleeping with you, lots of attention, companionship, she was a very lucky dog girl til the end.

you do good for all your pets and they KNOW your house is like the Hilton hotel for them.

my Wylie Coyote is waiting for her too...(watch out he likes to lay above the dog and bite their ears~he was a devil).
Old 07-29-2011, 02:18 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

(((Least)))

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's never easy.

RIP Beagirl

TB
Old 07-29-2011, 02:21 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Joining the Whiners in sympathy for you Least. You did the hard kind thing today, please know I'm sending gentle thoughts to you.

You gave her a wonderful long happy life with you.

****{Beagirl Is At Peace}}}
Old 07-29-2011, 03:29 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Least, I feel your pain. I lost my Billy last year and it hurts. I saw this and thought of you...

RIP Beagirl.

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Old 07-29-2011, 03:34 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
polyaddicted cocanut

damn, sorry least, I hate to think about the fact my dog won't live forever either... My last one when he died... well, that was a tough loss... damn, I hate being attached to animals.... or people.... life is funny like that...

and hevyn- idk haha I mean shes not the girl of my dreams anymore I was talking about at the time... but damn, that isn't first time that has happened... I guess I just don't understand females like they speak a different language or something... all these signals and crap that don't make any sense
Old 07-29-2011, 04:17 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Under-o, we will interpret any signls for you, I'm an expert at being female.

Timebuster, it's odd, I know your face??????? from somewhere?????

Hevyn, does Mr. Hevyn approve of the garden gravy?