Notices

Whiners Anonymous - Part 61 - The Whiniest Part Yet

Old 07-28-2011, 10:42 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm rooting for you Least, it's terrible how this has been so delayed. A dog's life depends on it.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:51 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

they must be using the carrier pidgeon air express.....or the road turtles...I am giving a make-up exam.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:58 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Ananda - so good to see you, & we do miss your contributions - they were always juicy.

Fandy - Are you getting more hellish weather tomorrow? It's going to FEEL like 110 here! I wish they'd knock it off with all the warnings - maybe we'd stand a chance of not being miserable if we didn't know what it "feels" like.

Newby - So sorry about your computer - that sucks.

My whine is that I wanted a simple recipe for tomato sauce. I have a zillion tomatoes all ripe at the same time. Mr. Hev is at work, so was going to make it myself. All I could find is complicated ones, calling for lemon zest, burgundy, celery, carrots? - stuff I don't have on hand. Not much of a whine, but it's all I've got for now.

Oh wait, there's the dogs-up-at-3:00am to bark at cat family whine! They were out dancing in the moonlight in the yard.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:20 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

can't pretend you are making regular gravy hevyn?

my secret recipe is an onion, 2 big spoonfuls of chopped garlic, a squirt of olive oil, saute...quarter the tomatoes and start stirring....add oregano to taste, add a bit of salt, add 1/2 cup of good parmegan or the mix parm/reggio. (i would also suggest red wine but not much, maybe 4 ounces to thin it out) and a small can of tomato paste. 2 tablespoons of sugar to cut the acid..sometimes i will add a zucchini if i've got it....or some sauteed sausage.

I also fake-bake a loaf of pillsbury bread....it always rises purrrfectly.

and if you think it does not taste "right" add the super secret ingrediant...a jar of good quality store sauce...I watch "semi-home made with Sandra Dee"..that woman dresses to match her kitchen cabinets!
Old 07-28-2011, 01:23 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Yes....LOVE still SUCKS!!!!!

But I no longer care

oh yeah...got a ticket Monday....for the second year in a row I recieved no notification of my car being due for registration renewal....quite the way for the city to get an extra 99$! When I went to registar there were 5 people there and one of them was also complaining of not recieving notification. By law they don't have to notify you..but it seems like a great way to increase revenue via tickets....not usually a conspirisy nut...but I gotta wonder...
Old 07-28-2011, 01:29 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
part time member

Our vehicles are registered on our birthdays so we can remember. Only problem is I can't remember what vehicles have my birthday and which have Mr LTT's.

Going to the Bologna Festival this weekend to watch the outhouse races among other things..supposed to rain...oh well I have a bumbershoot.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:35 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
2 big spoonfuls of chopped garlic,
NOOOO GARLIC!!!

I apologize for that outburst, but I have recently been garlic'd to death.

Old 07-28-2011, 01:37 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thank you, LTT, I got Bubba's renewal form months ago and tucked it away. His birthday/due date is next Wednesday...guess I better get moving. Same problem here, which birthday goes with which car.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:10 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Wow twice in one day whiners I decided to act like I knew what I was doing so I went to the cabinet and got out my womans tool box and got out needle nose screwdriver I know they are called pliers (sp?) and I unscrewed the whole back of my lap top.

What a lot of stuff back there I was scared if I started messing around I might either injure myself or really blow up the computer so I blew into it a few times as it did appear a tad dusty. Closed it all back up again went to do my dishes and smoke a cig and low & behold its working I decided to start it in safe mode just -in-case but all seems to be well with it.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:27 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
polyaddicted cocanut

you know what sucks...
when you find out a few years later that the girl of your dreams actually liked you, but you were too shy, naive, and lacked self confidence to even notice....
another reason why I want to go back into the past and slap myself in the face and be like open your eyes kid
but maybe, just maybe, everything is unfolding as it should, and working out this way for a reason- I don't understand it yet, but maybe one day I will be thankful my life happened the way it did
Old 07-28-2011, 06:29 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

whats the holiday queeny?

tomato fight Hev

nands, your cured!!!

i'm single again, wanna date? lol

your now an official member of the Geek Squad newb

Super Loud Sub-Sonic Bass at the intersection!

nuff said
Old 07-28-2011, 07:02 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I've had this old beagirl for thirteen years and I can read the signs... She's going downhill very fast in the last couple weeks and is having trouble standing up to eat, walking, can't climb the stairs anymore, and when she does climb the stairs she falls down them.

I've come to accept that she's on her last legs, literally and figuratively, and it's time to let her go before she's in pain. I told ck the news and she got mad at me and told me to ask the vet what to do. I told her I know what to do and she got mad at me and threw a fit... Way to make a bad situation worse, smartie pants! Yell at the one making the decision...

I'm calling the vet tomorrow. I'm not going to wait until she's worse off than this...
Old 07-28-2011, 07:06 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It's a Civic Holiday, for the province of Ontario, some of the other provinces also have a holiday and call it whatever they want, lol. It's a holiday people wanted between Canada Day July 1 and Labour Day.

Here, read for yourself.

Civic Holiday - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 07-28-2011, 07:09 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by least View Post
I'm calling the vet tomorrow. I'm not going to wait until she's worse off than this...
Awww, Least, I'm having tears over this but know exactly how you feel. It's almost two years to the day since I had to do "the kind thing" for my dear Toby.

Sending great big hugs. I know nothing will take away the pain but I admire you for knowing when the suffering should end.

Huge Hugs
Old 07-28-2011, 08:32 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Least - I'm so sorry you're having to make this difficult decision. Beagirl has been lucky to be in your care.

Newby - That's amazing - good work. I can imagine how much dog fur & yuck is in this 6year old computer, but don't have the nerve to investigate.

Underoath - Where is dreamgirl now? I know you're right - everything's unfolding as it should.

Fandy - Recipe sounds great! I will try it. I don't like dealing with all the seeds, but I guess there's no way to get rid of them.

LTT - Bologna Festival? Really? Outhouse Races - I thought our Bathtub Races were odd.
I love the new kitty in your signature.

Bracing for another steamy day tomorrow.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:28 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Hello fellow Whiners,

Okay so I am convinced that my laptop is either possessed or haunted or both?

I spent over 2 hours trying to get my key board to let me type all it would do is beep or make a clicking noise.

So I set up another connection and user not exactly sure how I did it but for now its working. Now I don't want to shut it off

So maybe someone was trying to take over my computer no not aliens just your every day hacker?

BTW I still have ants but I had an ant on my finger so I put it in the sink that was filled w/water well I felt so bad for it watching it trying to save it self that I put it back on my finger and on the window sill. Am I pathetic or what?

Nite Nite:ghug3
Old 07-28-2011, 11:23 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Can't sleep tonight. Thinking about beagirl and what I'm about to do. Don't know what I"ll do without her, we've had her for so long she's part of me. But what she's doing now isn't living, it's just existing. I can't force that on her. I feel so sh!tty...
Old 07-28-2011, 11:26 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Least :ghug3
Old 07-28-2011, 11:31 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I had my day all planned out, Wee Man to childcare so I could get some things done after 4 days of solid classes and study.

1st...gym
2nd...coffee with sis and nephew
3rd...social welfare(ugh)
4th....complete 4 questions on assignment(4 long essays almost)
5th...housework before weekend
6th...grocery shopping
7th....do housework for sis

Well.....I made it to 3, sat down for some lunch.....and somehow skipped to 6(crashed on the sofa reading a book)....and only had time to pick up Wee Man and come home to make dinner.

Ahh well.....could be worse right???

Oh yeah.... I became an Aunty again!!! another new nephew from my step sis, called Sebastian. That is 2 nephews and a niece in less than 3 months!!
Old 07-28-2011, 11:45 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I was all ready to whine about my day but read Least's posts and will save my whine for later as it seems a bit pathetic right now...Least :ghug3