Notices

Whiners Anonymous - Part 61 - The Whiniest Part Yet

Old 07-29-2011, 04:44 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Least - You were concerned several times that she was slipping, but until now you were able to keep her comfortable, & enjoying life to some extent. Today you did the unselfish thing, admitting it's no longer possible for her to have a decent life. I know you'll see her again.

Underoath - Teenage girls can be very complicated - I understand your confusion. I was strange until I was around 20.

Fandy - I made it, and he loved it. I didn't put any wine in it, 'cause I didn't have any - but it turned out great. I needed to sweeten it up a bit. He was dipping bread in it last night when he came home - I was a little annoyed, since there wasn't that much of it.

Canterbell - I love the Rainbow Bridge story - makes me cry every time.

Timebuster - Nice to see you in the place!
Old 07-29-2011, 05:05 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
polyaddicted cocanut

I keep getting this call from this number and IDK if it's someone from my rehab or someone I used to use with it starts with the same 3 digits... I never answer it 'cause I think it's some dude tryin to get skiied
Old 07-29-2011, 06:22 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

fands, i was # 3 in line,

before the other 50+

and wad about the gravy?

least, real happy you did this sober,

and BG is too dontcha know

and wtg CK!

RIP BG

there is hope for her! lol
Old 07-29-2011, 06:29 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I got my glasses today...well the sunglasses. The bifocals will be ready in 10 days. I like them, I am happy and they were on sale...but still much more than I hoped to pay. Glasses should be available to everyone, if I didn't have much of it covered by our benefits, I would be crying and whining until Tuesday.

Just grateful I can see again.

Least, still thinking of you dear.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:33 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

hevyn, when you heat it up add a spoonful of sugar, just a heaping spoon...to melt in and cut the acid....(Mr. Fandy's sicilian grandma's recipe....she died 20 years ago)....cook-a da tomatoes down and add a da wine....(Mr. Fandy's grandpa made this hideous tomato wine, OY! it tasted awful)....very dark and fermented, nasty.

that's OK RZ, I thought you knew your gravy??? I guess not, but you probably know your antiques...sleep well, sweet prince...so you can get up and fight those crowds tomorrow! in 95 degree heat and humidity....it is so hot out!

Least, i know you are so sad, but you saved that dog.

Heavyn, bread dipping is a sure sign of GOOD gravy! you can make this and use it as a base sauce in the future to add to a nother batch...I used to do 6 quarts and freeze in small containers to do stuffed shells, a lasagna or a quick dinner with pasta.

back in the days when i would cook and eat lots of carbs....which got me in big carb trouble!

I am determined to lose 2# more this week!
Old 07-29-2011, 06:52 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Least :ghug3

RIP Beagirl
Old 07-29-2011, 06:59 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

RZ - Weren't you in the restaurant racket once? 'Tis why we thought you knew your gravy.

Ann - Glad you got your glasses! I need to do that, too - been wearing the same crappy ones for many years.

Fandy - I would love to make more, but geeze how many tomatoes did your parents plant back in the day? I put 30 in this sauce & it sure did cook down.

Least - Hope you get a good sleep tonight - you know it was the right thing.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:59 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Wee Man is very close to forever staying wee man.....i warned his aunty today that she may never see him again if he keeps up his shenanigans.

I want i want i want....no no no....if you dont i wont be your friend....me me me

I have no idea where all this is coming from, when asked to kiss his new cousin goodbye he said NO!....why?......"because I dont want to bend down!"......what the flip??? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Mummy Manz is fuming, and close to exploding...for once I am thankful that he is going back to his dad's in 3 short hours!!!!!!!!!! (This surely must be more about me than him, but shhhhh)
Old 07-30-2011, 01:42 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Old 07-30-2011, 02:28 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Hhhummm, dont feel like cheering or complaining

Well, the lowest i have felt in 40 of soberity was last night. And I guess I can now say it was last night , so its in the past where it can stay .

I look forward to this new day and weekend especially Sunday

Sunday is a large AA summer picnic and hoarse shoe tourny for Cleveland, from what I have been told there should be about 3 to 4 thousand sober drunks lol.

Once word started to get our that I am in the resaurant bus, and used to be a chef, the phone startin ringing lol. But its been nice to help prep a little i have not done to much.

But on Sunday i told one of the organizers that he could use me all day, he called back and said great can you come on down at sunrise. I answered with a smile cause i watch the sun rise every morning. So on the grills all day in 90 degrees plus heat just like the kitchens I left, and completely sober, lol

Seriously though i really look forward to being active and contributing, every one take care and to allllllllllllllllll
Old 07-30-2011, 03:06 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

ah fands!

and of course i know gravy, though it's sauce!

it was in baby pattee's bah-bah

yep Hev, grew up and worked in the rest biz racket,

and it's a huge part of my story, amongst too much other crap

enjoy the sunday bash inda
Old 07-30-2011, 04:08 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Have been trying to get widget which turns pc into tv to work on and off for weeks. Finally realized it needed an aerial. Won't bore you with details but this meant i had not gotten best/cheapest option.Found email from June where online store said it didn't. Whined via email noting that I knew I was 6 weeks past return date. Got reply 30 min later apologizing and promising full refund. My whine is that they killed my whine before I got on SR to write it!
Old 07-30-2011, 04:19 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Trying to remind myself of the joy of the last thirteen years but can only feel this hole in my heart...
Old 07-30-2011, 04:31 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

I had a great 4 paragraph post all ready to go, commenting on everyone and being very nice...(except for RZ and the ongoing gravy/sauce arguement/debate)

FANDY sat on my mouse, turned off the internet connection and POOF it's all gone!!!

grrrrr!!!! back later....
Old 07-30-2011, 04:31 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

****{Least}}} Peace to you.

My younger sister hit a new wall in her divorce journey with the realization that her stbxhusband isn't going to financially support their girls. A grat in the whine is that her lawyer has seen-it-all-before and is being straight with her.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:38 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hugs from my heart to yours, Least, to help close that hole. I remember that I was surprised how long it took me to not cry at the mention of Toby's name...I still do sometimes and it's two years later. Beagirl suffers no more....he's playing with Toby (who will be hugging her too).
Old 07-30-2011, 05:40 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My secret ingredient for gravy...beef or turkey, it doesn't matter which...is instant coffee...a heaping tablespoonful.

Laugh if you will, but try it and you'll never not use it again.

For 25 years my nephew tried to find out my secret ingredient, caught me off guard and now uses it too.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:09 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Wink Rip

Least how sad for you and your other animals as they go thought the grief to.

I remember when I had to make the decision to put down Timmy he was my all black kitty he had crystals in his kidneys and according to the vets if I waited to long he would be in a lot of pain. He also said if I had around a thousand bucks they would operate but it probably would end up coming back.

Making that decision was one of the most painful times in my life so I feel for ya.

Thanks for staying in touch w/SR so we all know your OK

Last edited by newby1961; 07-30-2011 at 07:14 AM. Reason: spelling what else lol
Old 07-30-2011, 08:19 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

I have never heard of instant coffee in gravy???? I am suspicious. and I do not USE instant coffee...that stuff will kill me!

Least you have to concentrate on how happy you were with a good companion like your Bea-girl....now Pandora needs your help and expertise.

I have to wash Sammy today...I think a blond shampoo is ineeded so he does not look yellow.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:54 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I do not use instant coffee either, ever, except to use in gravy

Really, Fandy, you just have to try it. Don't worry about spending the money on instant coffee, get a small jar of good stuff, because once you use it you will always use it...it just boosts the flavour without tasting like coffee..which is how I kept the secret all those years. Nobody could figure it out.