Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 41

Old 07-13-2010, 03:08 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Got a lot done today so am now free to relax and enjoy the evening. Started the dog book and it's great so far. Well written and easy to read, fun to read. I can see I'm going to learn a lot about dogs....

Glad you're going to have papa kitty neutered. The world doesn't need any more kittens. ... or puppies either, for that matter...

Am preparing for a crowded night on the bed with five dogs! (neighbor's lizard is not sleeping on the bed) But damn it all, I'll be safe as anything! Might as well be sleeping in a police station with all these dogs to watch the house!

Fandy, does Sammy cover his eyes or look away when you emerge from the tub? Like a gentleman, I mean? AFter all, if he makes you mad you might not help him chase chipmunks and squirrels anymore...
Old 07-13-2010, 03:47 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My Toby had to have different cat food each day...no two meals the same for King Toby...and he used to love hopping in the tub and having a little swim-about. I have pictures to prove it, lol.

It's a year this month that he went to kitty heaven, and I still miss him terribly...but I've got past the tears and am into fond memories now...so thanks to all you guys for the kitty posts that make me smile remembering my orange baby.

I said I would have a whine and I do. Stopped for some groceries after work, store was packed but I persevered because I didn't want to go out again tonight. As I am checking out and paying the cashier, the Cart Guy took my cart to put away, I guess he thought it was just sitting there.

So I lugged about 400 pounds of groceries in flimsy bags because I forgot to bring mine...okay so maybe not quite 400 pounds but it felt like it...all the way across the parking lot to my car. I now have gorilla arms from lugging and have a strange craving for bananas.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:54 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

At the store I go to most often they ask if you want help out to the car with your groceries and take them out and bring the cart back. It's a great store. And no Aisle 6 crap either....
Old 07-13-2010, 04:30 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Least, wow, it's been a long time since somebody at the grocery store offered to bring groceries out to the car. Probably 25 years. I rarely see anybody bagging anymore either. Of course we have to pay for the bags now too, which doesn't really bother me. The scene has changed now, and it's OK to walk in with your own method of leaving with/carrying them. The norm used to be that you were shady if you walked in with any bag solution of your own, and the store's plastic bag was a sign you made it through the honest way. I never would have stuffed little cat food cans in my winter coat when I was younger as I walked out the store, because of how it "looked," ha ha.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:36 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It is hard for my eyes to read huge blocks of text. I can't read some of the new posts cause it's just too hard to focus without some blank spaces here and there...

don't mean to sound crabby, it's just hard for me to read...
Old 07-13-2010, 04:53 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 07-13-2010, 04:54 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

D
Old 07-13-2010, 05:53 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

This is for you, least.

To all whiners experiencing bad things in life (((whiners)))

Isis's (that doesn't look right) butt is up against the keyboard....scratch that...she just stretched and changed the page. I'm not sure what she hit.

A bird crapped on my shoulder yesterday.

Isis, I love you, kitty, but you're not making typing this out any easier.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:13 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

fands, maybe Mr Fands could get some lessons from King Bubba?

keep us whiners informed teach!

queeny, now you have the arms to pick up LTT's new avi luggage!

offered to bring groceries out to the car!!!

hell, here they steal the car!

good one aunt dee!
Old 07-13-2010, 06:40 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

no one ever helps load groceries here! you also mostly have to do the self checkout too.

everyone runs into the bathroom when i go in..today Fandy insisted on"helping" me put on my make-up...this means he struts back and forth in front of my mirror and bumps my arm as i am trying to apply my lash-boost and mascara...i try to deter him with the ionizing hair-dryer.

Sammy was almost a big snack for the 2 old english sheepdogs that are visiting across the street...it is thundering and lightening here so we did our fast walk tonight...no critters.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:01 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I forgot that when you work you have to do things like laundry at night. Early morning doesn't work because Bubba is working late shift and gets home about 4 am to go to bed and I don't want to wake him Not sure I like that, but like my job so will work it out.

Got a "new do" yesterday and it won't "do" what the stylist "did". Figures.

Night night Whiners! Sweet whiny dreams.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:18 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Got a "new do" yesterday and it won't "do" what the stylist "did". Figures.

I know! Why is that anyway?? I don't get a hair do, I get a hair don't!
Old 07-13-2010, 08:21 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  
part time member

This is how I take care of the dos....

Old 07-14-2010, 03:26 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

queeny,

sorry to hear the new do aint do'n

did it come with instructions,

may KB can read them to you

fands, good news the sheepdogs didn't get their snack
Old 07-14-2010, 04:12 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

A little mousse, a lot of spray and the new do will be good as new....I hope. This weather can make my hair big if I don`t tame it down a tad.

Happy Whiner Wednesday!!
Old 07-14-2010, 04:38 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

I can whine good today...CAT RACING at 5AM....i left a box in the living room....they love it too much, jumping in and out flipping it. it is raining steadily here for a change. Sammy absorbs water like a sponge. I haven't really experienced walking him in bad weather, it has been over a month with practically no rain...he does not like to be wet and walk.

Interesting news on Qnexa...it should be on the market by October? if it gets FDA approval? the stock is certainly looking positive....Just think I can be thin, beautiful ..and have energy....(HAH, i wish)....I am so sick of carrying around this extra 30#...I haven't stepped on the Tanita (which boldly flashes my weight and body fat for extra humiliation), but I am certainly moving a LOT more with the dog and I figure no alcohol saves me at least 1,000 calories a day....I no longer crave the chocolates and cookies as I did at first...I never actually sit down untila after 8PM....hmmm?

oh well, keep plugging away....off to work
Old 07-14-2010, 10:30 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'd much rather have "big hair" than skanky seaweed hair like mine is in the humidity.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:04 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

I spent 1/2 hour with the Ionizing Conair "pro-styler"....you would never know it....my hair is so pouffed up I am 2 inches taller.....Sammy is 2 inches wider in the humidity.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:14 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

When my friends were ironing their hair back in the day, I was considered lucky. Can't get away with the long, straight look now....would love to have some curls, even kinks.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:21 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Sammy is 2 inches wider in the humidity
I have a pic in my head of a 'big hair' dog! Take a pic of the puffed up Sammy for us! I'd love to see it.