# 122 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Very cute kitty, Toronto.

It's past my bedtime, so night Whiners
Old 07-11-2010, 09:43 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
part time member

She must think she's living back in the Great Depression as she's VERY stingy with her money, and she has enough of it to not have to be so tight with it...
I found the same thing with my father. I think that it is just the way that they were raised and can't do anything different. I know that he thought that I wasted money. I would buy something and he would tell me that I didn't need it...used to make me mad. Try not to let it get to you because things aren't going to get any better and you can't change her!
Old 07-12-2010, 03:04 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

my first sponsor was a cheapskate,

and was well off,

though he taught me an important lesson,

a financial fear is the same for all,

as it's just a feeling,

real or fancied

and man, did he whine whenever he had to fork over any loot!
Old 07-12-2010, 03:58 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good morning whiners! I'm glad I mowed the yard yesterday cause it's raining today! No whines yet so I'll take a rain check too, until later.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:56 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
To Life!

My mom was a tight wad too. And it wasn't until she passed that I discovered that she had *lots* of $$$$ stashed here there and everywhere. No, not in her mattress. But, different banks, IRA's, CD's, etc....
OY! I have a BIG whine to go with it, but, I think it best to let...it...go.
Sometimes, whines can turn to resentments, ya know? ;>)

Anywho, Trevor is in the "8th floor" again. Couldn't, wouldn't, didn't stay straight. Didn't do what he *knows* he has to do. One excuse/lie after another. No bed at the detox - again. He's been trying to get in for @ a week, calling twice a day. So, at @ midnight last night, as he was stuck in Providence, (I was not going there to pick him up), he put himself into the hospital ward. First good choice he's made. Please say a lil prayer if you don't mind...or send your vibes to the universe...or whatever you do.

I have a new round of medical tests to go through this week. A peripheral eye exam showed a problem. I was seeing a dark field when it wasn't supposed to be dark, and "stars" in that dark field, when there were not supposed to be any -- but only on my right eye.

It's the right side of my body where I'm having *all* of the problems - headaches, neck problems, arm pain, leg pain, arm and leg numbness....
Eye doc said he wanted to see me in 6 months. But, he doesn't know what's going on. And I wasn't happy with that. So, I called my doc. He set me up with some type of occular test and another test with a cardiologist. He wants to see if there's a blockage somewhere, since this is all happening on the right side.
He also wants me to to call the neurologist.

All this crappola started when I hurt my back @ 11 years ago. My arm, leg and head began hurting along with it. We *assumed* it was part of the back injury. The other stuff came along shortly afterwards, and it *seemed* to be part of the same thing. But, that *could* be a "false cause." Just because one thing happens following another doesn't mean that the first thing *caused* the second thing to happen. So, that's why doc is doing all these tests.

I haven't gotten the results of my brain and neck MRI's back yet. Neurologist went on vacation. grrrrrr.....I left a message with the secretary about the eye test anyway as my doc asked. I guess I'll be hearing from her this week, if she's back from vacation. And, I broke my eye glasses too, but he was *also* away on vacation! I have been wearing cheaters for the past week. :>( Waaaaaa......

But, it's a wicked BEAUTIFUL day out there today! Here's a pic of someone boating behind my house on the upper Kickemuit River.

So, there are my whines de jure, Well, I guess I gave a "whine-a-palooza!" LOL! :>))
And here's a great big ole for everyone out there in Whiner's land! May we all have a JOYOUS day!

Shalom!
Old 07-12-2010, 09:08 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Just talked to someone at the medical unit of the BMV and they haven't even started the investigation yet!! They are short staffed and a heavy caseload so it may be a while before they interview me and her. After the interviews is when they send the letter for her doctor to fill out... so I've got a 'whole lot of waitin' goin' on..' I just hope she doesn't have an accident before the investigation is underway... sigh...
Old 07-12-2010, 10:58 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Teach, it sounds like they might want you to have a venous doppler test? did they mention that you might need a vascular work-up? so sorry to hear.

i am just catching up on the reading, haven't been around since yesterday AM....I also need some "propping up from friends...online real-life, surreal, ghosts, whoever is available....

yesterday should have been happy family get-together, instead I managed to feel stressed out and extremely depressed....I am mad, sad, bad,cad, ....so i am working through my issues that need tissues....i'm glad i took off from work today, so i can wallow and whine.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:16 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Least, i just wanted to let you know....your feelings and impatience with your mother is completely normal response....i've gone through that phase too.

my mother's advancing dementia is getting worse. she is comepletely disconnected from reality. She no longer has any concept of time, needs help cleaning up in the bathroom, is inappropriate in what she says and does in public and generally very rude and biotchy....my bro's friend (who just lost his mom at the age of 98), told me to try to remember the REAL person my mother was, not this illness.....boyoboy i felt like i was being tortured yesterday in a fancy restaurant.

I agree i would rather take a bullet than end up like my mother...what a rotten deal....work your butt off, live healthy and long and lose your mind, wind up being crazy.

and then on top of all this, I feel SO GUILTY for being stressed and impatient.

i'm being nice to myself today....i'm going to color my hair, water the garden and go to petsmart....watching a rerun of "Everybody Loves Raymond"

it's times like this i feel so
Old 07-12-2010, 11:38 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
cmc

Hiya whiners.

I've been feeling down in the dumps and haven't been in the proper mood to whine. (too whiney to whine?)It's from stress I suppose....my usual stressors plus missing a good friend whose birthday would have been today. I'm taking good care of myself tho...so as they say somewhere "no worries" this too shall pass and soon I'll be feeling better. It can't stay like this forever...it never does.
So here's my feeble attempt to share a whine: I'm sure y'all will understand that this is the best I can do for now.
whine
Old 07-12-2010, 12:06 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Fandy, it's true, it's one of the most awful things to endure, watching that. I have thought about how to avoid the situation in myself if I have it in me too ("what would I do?"). What a lesson in life's unfairness that I remember. My mother was "early onset," that's why I got to deal with it when I was in my late teens/early 20s. It was extremely frustrating by the home/clinic stage, to come home and hate myself even more than I did before I went to visit, for my emotions. Her release from that life/condition is the only thing that made me feel better, because it also released me from all the crap feelings and resentments. Meanwhile, I was very busy destroying myself by that point, but at least I was relieved she was no longer in that state. When I look at my eyes (since I quit), I'm reminded of the glow her eyes had when I saw her right after dying. Like the sick brain was gone and the mother was there again, and lifting upward. That was probably the most thankful moment I remember having, to be able to see her eyes like that again, instead of that distant, not really there look. Experiencing all of that is a way of seeing how wonderful and awful life can be, that "of all people," something like this could happen to her; major smack in the face. I got some of my best traits from her, which I'm not an expert with, but I make the best of it.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:22 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

whine

Even a tiny whine is better than none at all...

Teach, sounds like you've got your hands full lately. Please take good care of yourself in these trying times.

Toronto and Fandy, it's that 'not-all-there'-ness that gets me the most. She's never been very secure in herself and has always been a fearful person, but it's so much worse now and this person is 'not' the person my mom used to be. It's awful watching her slip further away, and denying it the whole time, which makes me think that deep down in her gut she knows something is happening to her... and is afraid of it, afraid of the loss of control and abilities. The only good thing in all this mess is that I've been able to stay sober. Before I would have been numb the whole time and of no help. At least I'm in my 'right mind' to deal with this... Before I would have been trying to forget, now I'm trying to remember...
Old 07-12-2010, 01:22 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

thanks Toronto....yes, it's "the lights are on and nobody's home" phase...and it gets worse every week. and i know it must be frustrating to her too, because she is constantly confused.

on top of this, Mr. Fandy rears his spineless self on email...right now I am thinking evil thoughts; hoping his car explodes or he gets stung by a million jellyfish and his mother keels over, falls down the stairs or chokes and has constant pain and suffering.

(forgive me, i am just venting, i am so frustrated and just plain P.O'd).
Old 07-12-2010, 01:32 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

For all the Whiners who are in the dumps, and for those who worry or wait or are in a funk, me any my bunny slippers bring hugs....

Old 07-12-2010, 01:37 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Ha ha, that reminds me of my one encounter with a jellyfish, and I did get stung. I can't think of the accurate nautical or geographical term for this, but it was in a fresh water bay of the Mediterranean (French Riviera). I'd grown accustomed to the area and lost that creepy feeling I initially had about the sea grass and whatever else was around. Little crustaceans and whatever. It was really pleasant water. I was able to just lie on my back and float and spin without sinking quickly. Well, at one point I started to get this stinging sensation on my shoulder and I couldn't figure it out. It got more and more intense with each second, and I looked and saw this bright thing next to me and realized it was "une meduse," the word for them in French. I couldn't believe how painful those awful things were. I can't remember what my friend got for me (topical or what) at the pharmacy, but it took care of it nicely, because I don't remember the pain lingering much afterward. Fifteen years ago, to the month, folks!

So yeah, medusas on Mr Fandy wouldn't be great. Mr Fandy had better watch it.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:42 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

So... not a very big or important whine, but woke up today, happy for it to be Day 11 and feeling good... and I'm sick!

Have already been dealing with sore back (whiplash from a car crash a few weeks ago), and now on top of it being *that* time of the month (so I am terribly grumpy), I have a sore throat and itchy eyes! And I have so much work to do today! (At least I work from home, so can hang out in trackpants and a hoodie.)

ARGH!

Old 07-12-2010, 01:53 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
cmc

Congrats to Larkspur on Day #11

I hope you're feeling better soon.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:58 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  
part time member

Oh my....so many worthy and sad whines...I had my smilie to paste before I saw Ann's but sending it out anyway...I believe everyone needs it!

My whine is that Mr. LTT called and said he is coming home tonight (grrr he said Tuesday...I was looking forward to another night alone with the tv remote...ha..ha..) and I have to go pick him up!

carry on...
Old 07-12-2010, 02:52 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Got my grandson for a couple hours so mom can take a nap. Poor little guy is teething and not feeling great - feverish and cranky and drooling enough to drown himself. He's entertaining himself with toys pretty well but is obviously feeling crappy. Boyohboy, it's been a long long time since I dealt with that stuff. So glad the kids are grown and past that kind of stuff. Too old to handle that for any length of time these days...

I just love him to pieces. He's smart and cute and so sweet with my dogs. Pets them gently and finds them so interesting. I'd forgotten what it's like being around a one year old, the 'newness' of everything and the joy of discovery and interacting with his surroundings. Such fun to watch!
Old 07-12-2010, 03:00 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

My sympathy to all who are suffering today, with things they can't control or change. I know you'll come through it ok - & the sun will shine again. Fandy says she's wallowing and whining - and sometimes it's necessary to do just that. For years I tried to shove negative feelings down like they weren't happening. (Tried to drown them too.) I'm glad you all came here to share what you're going through. You're not alone.