Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 41

Old 07-09-2010, 07:21 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Yes, it seems we're just a li-ttle too cheery today. This must cease. It was hard to come up with a whine, but I dug down deep & found one.

There is a large spider in my bathroom and I'm afraid to go in there. I mean, this sucker is huge. I can't play the damsel in distress because there's no one home until late tonight.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:56 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Plumber guy was right on his game today and got the new taps in and no leaks anywhere...and his bill was very reasonable. So no plumber whine from me.

But I do have a whine about driving with Bubba and getting lost and showing him that the road atlas clearly indicates we should turn left...and he turns right totally ignoring Queeny and the Road Atlas. Then, when we get really really lost, he says "I don't know where we are, YOU have the map!" This is a man who is kind and sane and doesn't screw up ever...yet he gets lost more than I do when driving in the country.

We have lots of month left and a full moon to come before our quota need be met, so whine on in comfort Whiners and rest assured the full moon will bring out the howls.

Old 07-10-2010, 03:20 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Oh great, I`m the last one to post last night and the first one today....talk about whiny!!

The heatwave has broken and it is quite livable here today so am heading out to explore some flea markets and antique shops, so just wanted to bring coffee and wave good morning to my whiner friends.

Old 07-10-2010, 03:26 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

i hope it dont rain on the P.O.E. Beachside Bash Celebrating 75 Years of A.A. today,

it was look'n good, though it's get'n a little dark in the distant sky.

queeny, beware the antique peddler that say's

"lady, it's right as rain"

run for the hills!
Old 07-10-2010, 03:32 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Don't worry Zipperman, if I buy at all, I just buy something I like and not too expensive. More like "old junk" than "valuable and rare antiques".

Actually, I like finding art from this area. I got a great watercolour of Georgian Bay by a fairly well known local artist, and in a nice frame....for $20. Looks great hanging in my hall
Old 07-10-2010, 03:33 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hoping it doesn't rain on Zippermans parade today.

That sounds like a wonderful time...and on a beach no less!!

Have fun, rain or shine.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:54 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

No whines from me this early beautiful cool morning! Having my first cuppa and about to feed the doggies who are lying in my den waiting for their breakfast. Am dogsitting for my neighbors today as they'll be gone all day. Have no plans for anything other than a good dog walk after breakfast and maybe cleaning the house a bit.

Sorry for being whineless... maybe find one later today.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:37 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I have worthy whine!...i have been up since 5AM thanks to energetic cats who were stampeding through the house, they woke, me and the dog....i did animal chores and a walk...now i want to go back to bed and try to fall back asleep....i am going to turn off both phonelines.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:25 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Least and Ann, it's remarkable when that heat drops, isnt' it? It's a beautiful Sat here too. "I'll take it!"
Old 07-10-2010, 09:01 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Found my whine. I mowed the dog yard and made a third cuppa but am so bored (and tired) I don't want to 'do' anything. Might be time for a nap with the dogs...
Old 07-10-2010, 09:31 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Cooler here too. I'd become so used to moaning and complaining about the weather, I feel sort of - lost. I'm sure another quality whine will be along to take it's place, though. It's in the mid-70's & pouring - the crops were fried, we need this!
Old 07-10-2010, 09:38 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Here's a whine:

SR had a brainfart last night and I couldn't post, so here's what I was going to put:

Isis always follows me into the computer room.

I had just set down a can of diet soda...she went over to it, of course...and I went to move it away...and...

Long story short she and the can of soda fell down. Soda exploded all over poor Isis. I ran after her with a towel...trying not to laugh while at the same time worried she's hurt. Nope. All I wanted to do was towel her off....and she wanted to play! I finally grabbed her and she was still enough for me to get most of it off.

Mom didn't think it was funny because it hit the carpet...even though I cleaned it up. I thought it was hilarious.

Yesterday at the bus stop I had to reach into my pocket to grap some change, and the fem. hyg. product exploded out of the wrapper and the string was hanging out of my pocket. I almost handed the bus driver a tampon. Unused, of course.

I know, TMI. Too bad. Whine about it for all I care.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:54 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I am pleased as punch that I was ABLE to fall back to sleep after eating an english muffa with cream cheese and fruit only orange marmelade....I slept another 2 hours with NO ALCOHOL inducement and just my calcium supplement....can I whine about my "acheivement"?

woke up at 1130, feeling quite GOOD, no headache.....placed out boxes for vietnam vets donations and am assisting my friend/neighbor...we have exactly the same townhouse...2 bedroom, 2 bath versions with large florida rooms...very nicely sized for 1 person with pets, she has 2 cats....now she has been invaded by her brother and his entourage...his asst, his partner and 2 old english sheepdogs FOR A MONTH's stay....they rented out their home in the Hamptons for the summer and consequently due to some circumstances that require them to work in the city, have to stay in the area....my friend's cats are being traumatized by 3 additional people and 2 100 lb dogs in the house....

I had to chuckle though as I heard someone scream DIARRHEA as the dogs jumped out of the SUV....OMG, cleaning up THAT on a large long hair dog? i'm glad I don't have that....they have a big whine fershure.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:03 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fandy, that sounds like a month's worth of quality whining material right there.

Bam, you gave me my first smile of the day (apologies to Isis). She must feel very secure with you - wanting to play instead of hiding under the bed or something.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:14 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Ha ha, Bam. You are very capable in the TMI department. (Remember my Rabelais reference?) I don't know whether you subconsciously try to keep us all honest with it or what, but I don't really look for reasons behind it. Did the bus driver get to see the product ejecting? Better than some things that passengers confront drivers with. About a year ago in this city, some woman griping about missing her stop pulled out a hammer on the bus driver and did hit her with it. Other passengers heroically stopped her and held the __________ ________ down until the police came. I haven't been on public transportation in years. (Sorry, I'm not much of an advocate for it!)
Old 07-10-2010, 11:51 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
part time member

Only whine I have is my daughter went back to school....
Old 07-10-2010, 01:22 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

A nap was just what I needed. Slept a couple hours.

Bam, how about a recent pic of Isis? She's got to be growing like a weed these days and I want to see her cute lil self! C'mon, show us your cat!
Old 07-10-2010, 02:07 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Took a lovely drive up through cottage country, stopped by the water for a walk and to just soak up the beauty and came home and napped.

The weather makes all the difference, it's a perfect day and not a cloud in the sky.

I love summer
Old 07-10-2010, 05:31 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Bam
SR had a brainfart last night

queeny
Hoping it doesn't rain on Zippermans parade today.
nah, just a few sprinkles, it was an awesome time taboot!

hope you didn't put too many holes in the walls queeny hang'n the picture?

king bubba might have to get out the spackle! egads!
Old 07-10-2010, 05:42 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by Toronto68 View Post
Ha ha, Bam. You are very capable in the TMI department. (Remember my Rabelais reference?) I don't know whether you subconsciously try to keep us all honest with it or what, but I don't really look for reasons behind it. Did the bus driver get to see the product ejecting? Better than some things that passengers confront drivers with. About a year ago in this city, some woman griping about missing her stop pulled out a hammer on the bus driver and did hit her with it. Other passengers heroically stopped her and held the __________ ________ down until the police came. I haven't been on public transportation in years. (Sorry, I'm not much of an advocate for it!)
Wow. I live in a fairly small area...can't say that anything like that has happened here...at least that I know of.

I only use it b/c I have to.