# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

30 Days and Under Part 2

Here is the last part:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...r-club-21.html
Old 11-13-2008, 05:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
being me

Hi all! Looks like we have moved on to part 2! And 25 days for many of us now. I really think the weeks are big for me. Making it out of the 2 week thread, very new, 3 weeks, wow! And to have 4 weeks coming up this weekend, unheard of for me since I smoked my first bowl! Glad to see more folks joining this thread too.

psuge, that is great you feel so good after 5 days off drinking. I know I felt very fragile at that stage, but feel stronger with every day sober.

doll - you have over 2 weeks already, like I said, for me, I love counting the weeks! way to go!

My class went really well today, thanks for the kind wishes! I am soooooooooo happy to be through the first day without incident. Now I am struggling with wanting to go out and get a drink with dinner. Again, my out of town habits. It was really bugging me on the way home, and then I thought "so you want to be hungover teaching class tomorrow?" No way! That helped the craving, and posting here makes me think rationally again too. Sober dinner = Successful class = happy me!
Old 11-14-2008, 04:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

Hi Shanman, really missed you yesterday - how are you?

Into day 26, but yesterday evening was tough-going again. I went to a meeting, which helped, and when I got home I had gallons of fizzy mineral water waiting for me in the fridge, with frozen pieces of lemon and lime in the freezer.

I wish this wasn't so hard. I know I must be addicted, because, if I was not addicted, I'm sure it wouldn't be so difficult to go without a drink.

Not sure if I'll get access to a computer over the weekend, so, just in case, have a great weekend everyone!

PB
Old 11-14-2008, 05:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Grrrr!

Just a little note to say well done for getting through the first day of your classes without drinking - brilliant! I really loved that phrase in your post - "sober dinner = successful class = happy me". I like it!

Paddington
Old 11-14-2008, 05:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I just finished an extended out of towner in a very uncomfortable place. When it got really hard I just found a place to hide. The longings and the in your face urges come and go. They do go!!!!!!!!

Hang in there Grrr and Paddington.

It's worth it

Ed
Old 11-14-2008, 06:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey folks! TGIF... and 26 days for me. Feels great to say that.

I am finding that I keep getting triggered from TV/Radio. I usually just change the station but man... it's tough to listen to drink special ads, or see characters drinking on TV and not want a drink too.

I'm really glad it's Friday. Looking forward to relaxing this weekend. I am getting a start on making my holiday cards this weekend and I am really looking forward to it. Fridays are generally pretty tough for me to get through, just because it's a day that I always drank. I'm going to go to a meeting tonight and talk to my sponsor. I feel better when I know I have a plan.

I am really getting excited for Christmas. I am looking forward to putting up a tree and decorating my apartment. I know it's still a little early, but I love the holiday season and everything about it! Puts me in such a great mood!

I hope you all have a great day. Congrats to all of you on your sober time... ODAAT!
Old 11-14-2008, 09:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

grrrr - So glad to hear your class went really well. You did the unfamiliar
by not picking up a drink when you were so used to it. That is awesome.
I know how hard it can be. Believe me I know! Had an experience yesterday that I wrote about in the 45 day and under thread. It was a tough one, but I did make it. Yeah to the no more hangover club!

Paddington - I like your point. Isn't it true. If we ever wonder whether we are addicted or not, well your statement makes it crystal clear. If not, why is it sooo hard to not pick up a drink at times? I love it. Thanks for letting us
know you might not have computer access this weekend. I'll be thinking of you, but at least I won't worry if I don't see any posts from you.

Hi Ed - Thanks for sharing. I relate to what you have to say too. Yep, I had to go find a place to hide yesterday also. For me it was jumping into bed in yucky old sweats, with a book at about 5:00. I was really worried I'd just give up and go to the liquor store. I had to make it hard for myself to not act impulsively and it worked. I woke up sober this morning. It was really tough last night though. You are right, it does pass and it does change.

justforme - Congratulations on 26 days. I'm glad you are looking forward to the holidays. Maybe some of your excitement and cheer could rub off on me. Pretty please? I have a difficult time over the holidays. It's not all about drinking for me, it's the depression, and empty hole that comes with it year after year, no matter what I seem to do. I can think of a handful of "good"
holiday seasons in my life. Ok, postive attitude here. Maybe this is the opportunity to really do it different.

I have to echo just here: Great day to all and yep it really is ODAAT!

Take care.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
being me

Hi everybody! It is so amazing how much I can relate to everyone!

Paddington - I have been thinking a lot about how much I must be addicted. I totally agree, this would be easier if I wasn't. I wouldn't be so tired and physically affected if I wasn't. I think it just makes my resolve stronger not to drink, but I had no idea I was so caught up in alcohol.

Ed - Thanks for sharing! I am glad you got through your trip too. I am going back home this evening.

Justforme - I was so triggered just going to the restaurant Thursday evening. Everyone in there seemed to be drinking and the gentleman at the table next to me started discussing how they like having wine in the evenings! Jeez! I just drank my hot tea and kept focused on me.

mtnmagic - I hope you check in here soon today! So glad you found a way to stay sober and chase away the negative thoughts. You are a great inspiration here ODAAT!

27 days for me and many of us. I am also excited about the holidays, sending some spirit out to everyone-----I can't wait to start my xmas shopping now that my class is finally finished!
:thankf - That turkey is hilarious!
Old 11-15-2008, 08:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi grrrr - So glad to hear that your class went well. Happy shopping. Thanks for sending some holiday spirit. Let's hope it rubs off on me this year. Day 27 for you and a few others. We are just moving along aren't we. It certainly is amazing and just shows me the power in supporting one another.

Doing better today. I'll make it through without picking up a drink. Hope you have a great Saturday.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
being me

Coolio, good to hear that magic.

I guess stress never goes away.. sigh... I am dealing with my old landlord who won't return my deposit money. So annoying!!! I am having to spend all this time finding legal documents so I can allow her to make payments to me. ARG. Sorry, just had to vent.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

No matter what today holds, we can get through it sober.

Life is going to be life no matter what. Drinking doesn't stop life from happening, it just causes it to snowball into more problems. Today we are sober and present for anything that we have to face.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Very wise words Hope. Thank you!
Old 11-15-2008, 08:55 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

day 3 for me. the headache is definitely the worst part. But I'm here, and I'm trying to keep busy. No pills for me today!
Old 11-15-2008, 09:26 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi all... I am so sorry I haven't been on here much since Wednesday. Work has been really busy for me lately. I feel bad that I haven't been able to read or post much!! ;(

I actually have to make this quick as well because I'm gonna eat lunch with my husband and son, than I have to go to work. I will be working until late tonight... so I'll come home and go to bed. But I don't have to work at all tomorrow... so I will definitely be on tomorrow cheering/supporting us all on!

Have a wonderful day friends!!!

:ghug
Old 11-15-2008, 09:31 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good for you kissmeimamie - 3 days is fantastic. Sorry about the headache and all the other stuff that goes on while detoxing. It can be a bear, I know.
Keep it up, keep posting, all over the board if it helps. We are here for you and it will get better in time if you don't use. You can do this. Be gentle with yourself and hang on!

Shanman - enjoy lunch with your husband and son. I'm working tonight also. I'll keep you
in my thoughts and we will both stay sober just for today, ok? I know we can do it.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:47 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

grrrr...Did you find the legal documents that you need. I hope so. Funny how we can actually stay on task and accomplish things these days. Well at least sometimes, right?
Old 11-16-2008, 08:44 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

how you feeling amie... the headache still there? I know it will go away... hopefully sooner than later... please keep coming here for support!

Day 28 for me... WOWZER... this is the 4th Sunday that I will remain sober!

I woke up super tired today... but I worked all weekend, so understandable. After a cup of coffee and playing with my son I am ready to tackle the day... might catch up on my Tivo while my son is sleeping. I've always focused on keeping busy that I haven't just "relaxed" and done NOTHING for a while. So that might be the plan. I'll keep you posted!!!

XOXO
Old 11-16-2008, 11:57 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
being me

Shanman - Yay! I am doing nothing today as well! Maybe some laundry, but otherwise, couch and TV are on my agenda! 4 weeks is awesome!!!

Amie - I Hope you are feeling better today, glad you posted here. I woke up with quite a headache and have still been dealing with that lately. I do see my health getting better with time though.

I did find the legal docs I needed, but now my old landlord is ignoring my emails again. Whatever, I am not letting it bother me today, she was crazy to live with and now crazy to deal with. Such is life.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:28 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congratulations to all on your clean and sober time!

:ghug3
Old 11-16-2008, 04:31 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I DEFINITELY RELAXED today... I was able to get though 1 tivo show of Cold Case, than took a nap for 3 HOURS... haha... I was/am tired. I didn't want to get up but my little guy was ready so I had to be ready too.

I just realized that my 30 days falls on my Husbands birthday!! We will be celebrating more than just his birthday on Tuesday!!

Going to get some 'grub' with my hub... haha... I hope everyone had/is a great Sunday!