Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 41

Old 07-15-2010, 12:10 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

HumbleBee, my wishes for a speedy recovery.

Teach, you did the right thing. STick to your boundaries.

My only whine is that it's hot again, very hot, and I'm bored and tired and don't want to 'do' anything. Don't even want to nap! grumble grumble whine...
Old 07-15-2010, 12:23 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Yeah, going to be hot here again - and they're already saying it'll "feel like" 105! Why can't they just tell us the temperature & let us decide how we feel?
Old 07-15-2010, 02:43 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Sorry about the job, folks, it's actually quite fun, working with fun people and I'm enjoying it all...just need to get my "outside work" routine back in order. I'm off now until Tuesday so will try to organize here better....organize is just another word for "control"

Queeny's new law...Never gesture for a car driven by Queeny to "go ahead" if ya don't mean it. My town is filled with road construction right now and it's hard enough figuring out which lane to be in with pylons everywhere and nice drivers let you in....as do I.

Queeny always has the right of way! That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Don't they KNOW who I am????

Teach....I am patting you on the back, enough is enough and when Teach says "enough" people better listen!!!
Old 07-15-2010, 03:00 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Work! &*(^$#%^@!

Dang, I'm doing well this week. I've made an improvement. I should be happy, but instead I'm angry.

People get on my nerves, big time. I don't mind talking on the phone...it's only a short while...but being in close proximity to the same people day after day....I really need my space.

Here's my whine: Keep it to yourself. I don't care if you hate me or have PMS or a burr up your a$$...just don't show it. Work will flow much smoother that way. Happy workers = better results.

I know this...why doesn't everyone else? Rule with an iron fist and see what you get.

There's a happy balance--the key to being a good leader is to be firm without being an a$$hole.

It is possible. I've wittnessed good leadership from a select few throughout my short life.

People who know how to rule, rule. Those who don't **** me off to no end.

That is all.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:09 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post

There's a happy balance--the key to being a good leader is to be firm without being an a$$hole.
Oh Bam, can I add that to Queeny's new rules? It's a keeper.

Old 07-15-2010, 03:09 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Get well soon, HB.

Hope everything is okay, teach. Sorry about your son.

I'm the same age as your kid. What is it with 30y/olds these days, huh? Can't live with 'em...can't kill 'em.

I feel sorry for my parents.

On a more serious note I hope he gets his sh!t together. Be easy on yourself, okay?
Old 07-15-2010, 03:11 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Oh Bam, can I add that to Queeny's new rules? It's a keeper.

Absolutely.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:11 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Bam, I've been wondering those same things my whole life. Seems like common sense, but apparently not.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:15 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

A$$holes need a program, I know "AA" has already been taken but they don't really need to be anonymous because we can spot one a mile away.

Just sayin'.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:28 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Bam, boy oh boy can I relate to this! I've had many bosses over the years and the ones who ruled with love and courtesy always got my best work. THose who ruled with an iron fist in an iron glove got my minimum effort cause they never noticed or commented on my efforts.

I'll bust my butt for the bosses I love, the rest get what they deserve...

No whines from me today as it's been a pretty good day, even with the heat. We've been inside most of the day in the a/c and quite comfortable.

Little happy Jack continues to be a wonderful addition to my canine family. Loving and loyal and smart as anything. He knows he's 'home' now and loves being my dog... and I love being his dog-mom.

(((Hugs))) to all my whiny friends.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:13 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
A$$holes need a program, I know "AA" has already been taken but they don't really need to be anonymous because we can spot one a mile away.

Just sayin'.
:rotfxko

Bam, I sense you are a bit *cranky*??? how is Isis dealing with your mood?

"AAP"....absolutely annoying people?....the kind you just want to SLAP everytime they open their mouths?...Bam, remove the sharp objects from your office.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:20 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

speedy recovery HB

SAUCE!!!

geeze teach,

good wishes on Trev!

and to you too

ohoh, you aint a Jewish F****** Scumbag!!!, no way lady!

rz's here fands!

are you having separation anxiety? lol

no slack'n aunt dee!

i liie you no gesture rule queeny

Brill-E-Ant Bamm!Bravo!!!

queeny, how bout A.H.A.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:23 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
To Life!

Thanks to everyone...
Have I ever said how much I *love* each and every one of you all?
The easy part is now -- he's in the hospital.
But, he's asking me for numbers of people who can help get him into a rehab.
*That's* a good sign!!!
However, when he gets *out*
That's when it will get tough...I know from experience....

HB,
I am *so* sorry I forgot to wish you
a *complete* refuah shleyma...
Renewal of body and spirit,
as you recover from your surgery.

I'm going to the cardiologist tomorrow.
One more test. 10 Am.
Hope this one is as good as the last one!
Then, I'll only have to wait for the brain and neck MRIs -- still.....

I've got a name for you, Ann!
How about AIS?
Stands for Arseholes In Sight!
And, let's face it, we can use it *almost* anywhere!
Except, of course, Whiners Anonymous!!!

G'Night, Whiners! Sleep well!

Shalom!
Old 07-15-2010, 09:10 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
part time member

(((whiners)))

Yeah, going to be hot here again - and they're already saying it'll "feel like" 105! Why can't they just tell us the temperature & let us decide how we feel?
I think we must vere off on the weather. Have you noticed that in the summer they do tell us how hot it is and then they add the humidity to tell you it is actually worse than your think. In the winter they tell us how cold it is and then they add the wind in and and tell us that (again) it is worse than you think. Why don't they tell us what the temperature in the parking lot is and then give us the temperature in the shade with a nice breeze. It's good for at least 20 degrees (F). They just like to keep us riled up. Sorry if I have already posted this somewhere..it is one of my pet peeves...I am making a list.....
Old 07-16-2010, 03:09 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

teach,

trev sould have a "Plan" for when he gets sprung

yeah LTT, and they get paid for reality! sheesh!
Old 07-16-2010, 03:31 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
Bam, I sense you are a bit *cranky*??? how is Isis dealing with your mood?

"AAP"....absolutely annoying people?....the kind you just want to SLAP everytime they open their mouths?...Bam, remove the sharp objects from your office.

Cranky is an understatment. I'm a little peeved that I'm still peeved this morning because of yesterday! Ugh! I just need to survive today to make it until the weekend...but then during the weekend I'll be counting down the hours until I have to go back. Grr.

Isis is Isis. I took some breaks in my ranting and raving yesterday (my mom got an earful...and besides, I listen when she complains...) to pet and talk nicely to her.

She just wants to play when she's not sleeping. When I come home she greets me...I can only pet her for less than a minute and then she goes into attack-cat mode for the next several hours. She's getting much stronger, much faster, much more coordinated and she doesn't feel as boney. I'm glad she's putting on some weight...and that weight is def muscle.

Hope everyone has a good day.

And yes, Ann, a$$holes do need a program. But if they're all a$$holes then who's going to lead them? Shoot, I'm not sure they can change. I just get mad when I'm not in a position to snap back. I def toed that line yesterday...I probably won't be able to do that again. I hate it when people in authority abuse their power. Incompetent people suck.

I really wish I was in a better mood.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:56 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Bam, when I can't say what I want to and need the job, I try to think something that will deflect their attitude from me...like teflon. Things like "she must have one miserable life to be this miserable here" or "he must be very insecure to need that much power".

Be Teflon Girl, Bam, try it for a day and tell me if it doesn't help. We have enough problems of our own without owning anyone else's mood or behaviour (it only took me about 105 years of recovery to "get" that part, lol). They own it, and if we act with thought instead of "react" we get to keep our serenity too.

*steps down from her soapbox*

Teach, my prayers are with you each day, just let yourself be led and know we all love you and care here. And you and I both know that Trevor loves you and is just stuck under that rage. When I heard Mel Gibson's horrible rants, I felt sorry for the lady (it was abusive and wrong) but I also spotted how very very sick he is and how badly he needs help. My son rarely raged, but when he did it was quite frightening...and got him thrown out of the house which may be why he didn't rage often. I have a huge boundary about that, and you do too. Speak with respect around me, or speak however you want anyplace else.

Wow, whiners, sorry for the soapbox today but I really care about my fellow whiners and wanted to throw in some support.

Okay, my whine today is about telemarketers who call at 7:30 am. What's with that? It must be the middle of the night where they are, yes? Bad enough at meal time, but worse calling so early. I try to remember that they probably need their job, but sheesh, take my number off the call list...like I asked.

Hmmm, my whine pales by comparison (not that we compare and measure whines), and I suppose if that is my biggest problem today "thank You God"...but it still felt good getting it out.

And I like all the suggestions, but Zipperman's AHA is my favourite...so when we spot one we can shout "AHA!!! THERE ONE GOES NOW!!!"

Happy Friday Whiners!!!

Old 07-16-2010, 06:58 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

I know that I only sneek in here now and again..but every
now and again it needs whinning about..I need to place it
somewhere..hopefully you all will bear with me. I do read
the posts daily..it is a quick thread to keep up to.

Here it is, I have been married for over 30+ years. Notice that
I haven't totally accepted the fact that I am now one of those
that "do have wrinkles" yet don't see them until some "young
thing" asks me.."do you need help carrying that to your car"..

Oh well-- that is another whine another day.

My Mr. L. comes home and is in a sudden panic to go to the
store..hmm..we really don't need anything to add to the nice
Caesar salad I've prepared with shrimp. He is determined to get
out of the house, ok..do what you must.

He returns an hour later and states..geez Lauren I thought today
was your birthday..it took me forever to get a card, I even went
to the jewellery store to take a look.

Ok..this man has known me since I was 17 years old, we married
when I was 24 and he doesn't know when my birthday rolls around!! Ackk....

I told him in my very cold voice of reason..look Mr. L. if you took
a look..and then realized it wasn't..and you didn't get me anything,
"Why are you telling me this?" For crying out loud the best gift
would be, that you remember and surprise me with the fact that
you did.

Ok..I love him anyway..but goodness sake..as you age you don't
need to be reminded by everyone that you are "forgettable"..
At this point I will just shake my head and wait it out until it is
my birthday and it WILL be a surprise to see what comes..

Happy anyway..

lauren
Old 07-16-2010, 07:07 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I don't really have a worthy whine yet, other than it's hot and very humid today... and it's been over five minutes since I put up my "videotapes for sale" sign and no one's come!! I need extra money to pay the phone bill... Come on people! They're only three dollars and some nice tapes in good shape too...
Old 07-16-2010, 07:29 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

When it rains it pours.

First, thank you for all the well wishes. They mean alot to me. So do all of you!

My reading glasses fit over the lesser bandages now so at least I can be online to read and type.

HUGE Friday Whine: Sir Raven has another abscess on his cheek. It's the second one since March!

The removal of the first one cost me $350! Vet was a jerk. Insisted the abscess was caused by an animal bite (Raven's an indoor cat). He opened it up, drained it, stitched it and put a tube in for further drainage.

I don't know if it's standard medical procedure, but he gave me Meticam as a pain reliever (through a pre-measured syringe) to give Raven at home. If you google Meticam and cats, the internet *screams* about how it's lethal for cats; dogs are one thing, cats...not so much.

I don't play know it all to the vet; I know how much it pissesthemoff and you can't take everything on the internet at face value anyway. I like to have some info in my back pocket though.

Anyway, the abscess is back (same location) and I've made an appt with another vet. Thankfully, they're able to see Raven today but not until 4:15.

The girl at the vet office asked me if I thought the recurrence was dental related. Duh....maybe, but that's why I'm making an appt with a vet.

I had already done my anal research (back pocket info stuff) about abscesses in cats before making the appt for today and they are, in fact, very common and can be dental related.

Jerk vet #1 didn't do any xrays so I'm sure that'll be in order today. Can you say ka-ching???!!!???

Poor lil' guy. I can tell he's in a lot of pain. Glad he'll be seen today. Not glad about the $$$$.

I gotta laugh tho...the two us together look like a freak show act for the carnival....me with my bandages on the left side of my face, Raven with a swollen abscess on the right side of his face. What a pair...

Sigh...tgif...not so much.

Lauren, if it's any consolation, I forget my own birthday these days. Even with not drinking for a long time, it's astounding what I'm gradually losing total recall over.

My sister complained that her husband always forgot her birthday and their anniversay (married 25 years)...now that they're middle-aged, forgetfulness seems to be par for the course! lol.

Wish me luck at the vets please. I'll keep you posted...