View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 07:29 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  
HumbleBee

When it rains it pours.

First, thank you for all the well wishes. They mean alot to me. So do all of you!

My reading glasses fit over the lesser bandages now so at least I can be online to read and type.

HUGE Friday Whine: Sir Raven has another abscess on his cheek. It's the second one since March!

The removal of the first one cost me $350! Vet was a jerk. Insisted the abscess was caused by an animal bite (Raven's an indoor cat). He opened it up, drained it, stitched it and put a tube in for further drainage.

I don't know if it's standard medical procedure, but he gave me Meticam as a pain reliever (through a pre-measured syringe) to give Raven at home. If you google Meticam and cats, the internet *screams* about how it's lethal for cats; dogs are one thing, cats...not so much.

I don't play know it all to the vet; I know how much it pissesthemoff and you can't take everything on the internet at face value anyway. I like to have some info in my back pocket though.

Anyway, the abscess is back (same location) and I've made an appt with another vet. Thankfully, they're able to see Raven today but not until 4:15.

The girl at the vet office asked me if I thought the recurrence was dental related. Duh....maybe, but that's why I'm making an appt with a vet.

I had already done my anal research (back pocket info stuff) about abscesses in cats before making the appt for today and they are, in fact, very common and can be dental related.

Jerk vet #1 didn't do any xrays so I'm sure that'll be in order today. Can you say ka-ching???!!!???

Poor lil' guy. I can tell he's in a lot of pain. Glad he'll be seen today. Not glad about the $$$$.

I gotta laugh tho...the two us together look like a freak show act for the carnival....me with my bandages on the left side of my face, Raven with a swollen abscess on the right side of his face. What a pair...

Sigh...tgif...not so much.

Lauren, if it's any consolation, I forget my own birthday these days. Even with not drinking for a long time, it's astounding what I'm gradually losing total recall over.

My sister complained that her husband always forgot her birthday and their anniversay (married 25 years)...now that they're middle-aged, forgetfulness seems to be par for the course! lol.

Wish me luck at the vets please. I'll keep you posted...