Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 41

Old 07-18-2010, 07:55 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the whiney side of SR, ladyamalthea
We're always happy to welcome another whiner! As Queen Ann says; whiners are winners!
Old 07-18-2010, 08:01 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by LovesToTravel View Post
Just a note: My kitty loves wires. I think I may have caused it because I used to give him the plastic rings on the milk bottles to chew on and I also never took away the twist ties....anyway we cannot put anything on or near the floor that the cat can get at and chew. My son plugged in his ipod to the front of my (old) computer and kitty got it and that is why it is my "old" computer. Can't leave anything out for a second or he has chewed it up. Left my earphones on the floor for literally 2 seconds and came back and it was chewed up. Give kitty straws to chew on....just a warning.....has cost me dearly $$$.
Have a good Sunday...

I'm trying to keep her away from those things, but there are so many cords/wires...and she is so quick.

She's been up nearly 5 hours, she's only about 2 months old and she's still a bundle of energy.

I have a lot of 'toys' for her to keep her distracted. (yes, a milk ring is one of them)

There's almost always someone home to watch her to make sure she doesn't chew on anything she shouldn't.

Sorry about the $$$, LTT. You still love kitty, though, right?
Old 07-18-2010, 08:28 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Welcome to Whiners Anonymous ladyamalthea...it works if you Whine it.

Cheerleader bake sale whines are top quality, so thank you for sharing that here. Cheerleaders are loud Whiners in cute skirts, that's all, and bake sales require...well...baking! Something Queeny does not DO.

If you ever need to add a little drama to your whine, this little guy helps lots...

My whine du jour is that King Bubba drove me to a little town near here with wonderful art galleries!!! There stood Queeny, purse full of money, art galleries everywhere, paintings for sale at good prices....and not one of those places was open yet

So I shall return this afternoon, and see if I can't "save Bubba a small fortune" by buying only sale items.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:43 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Ladyalmathea - I do believe it's our first bakesale whine & it is a worthy one. Especially since it ended with you being sick. Good job. Keep coming back.

Bam, I love how you love little Isis. She's a lucky kitty.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:43 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Welcome to Whiners LadyA! The more the whinier, er, I mean, merrier.

The *H* words for the day...hot and humid. I'd write a whine-ku but it would take too much energy in this heat.

Besides, I've already expended enough energy on my brain trying to figure out a way to give Raven his antibiotic pill.

It's the size of an advil.

I've sliced it, diced it, crushed it, dissolved it, hidden it in food, treats...nothing works. He eats the treat and spits the pill pieces out.

And opening his mouth and putting the pill down his throat isn't possible due to the wound on his face (can't get around the wound area).

I don't think a dropper would work for that same reason...

Waaaaaaaahhhh.

Zip, hope the horse-tradin' at the flea was profitable in this heat.

Fands, hope your happy feet return soon after being used as dinner by those nasty skeeters.

Russell Crowe...Cinderella Man....my fave.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:59 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Whine-ku to welcome lady...

No whine unworthy...
We ARE what we whine and so
Whiners are Winners!

Old 07-18-2010, 09:17 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

soooo, ladyA, sorry to hear you are sick and tired, literally.

a hot and humid sunday with sunday chores await me....Bam you can wrap your wires in aluminum foil to deter the kitty chewing.

my stomach feels *funny*, i am trying to work through that nausea, do not take vitamins on an empty stomach, coffee doesn't count.

Sammy almost became a snack for the sheepdogs this AM, it was very traumatic until i scooped him up.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:19 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  
part time member

forgot to welcome lady....a big whiners welcome for you...
Old 07-18-2010, 09:24 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I love your pretty kitty too! Boy that front leg dangling sure looks long, doesn't it? Like it's stretched out longer...
Old 07-18-2010, 12:21 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone.

Yep, looks like a full-blown cold. I just slept for six hours straight and feel no better at all. At least I have tomorrow off and can sleep all day if needed.

And at least my hair (and presumably the rest of me) no longer smells like that icky combination of sweat, outside, and other people's cigarettes, pot, and who-knows-what-else (there was a bunch of boys from my school who came by and wanted a hug from me, and every one of them smelled like pot).

Bam, I hate that your cat has been sick. I'm becoming more and more of a cat lady myself (get it??? cat LADY??? bahahaha) since my dh won't let me get a dog until we have a fence, which won't be any time soon since fences are so expensive.

Loves to Travel, your cat is gorgeous.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:12 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

one of my 3 cats is my Avatar....he is the REAL Fandy....his mama and grandma are Siamese....we don't know who the Daddy was.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:09 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

I don't want to go to work.

The more jobs I work the more I understand about myself--being around other people is very stressful for me...and having to be work-responsible drives my anxiety through the roof.

I don't like not feeling comfortable.

I doubt I'm ever going to find a job I want to do.

It's weird...I want to cry right now. Seriously...I want to shed tears...and I want to hide from the world.

I'm tired of not feeling stable no matter what I do. And I'm tired of being scared.

I wish I didn't care. If I didn't care I wouldn't stress...and if I didn't care people wouldn't bother me...or maybe they'd bother me, anyway. I need my space.

I'm stuck in a rut. I work a low wage job. Sure...I'm acquiring resume fodder and if I can stay on long enough perhaps other opportunities await.

I hate being under someone else’s thumb. I’m not a sheep. Damn it, I just want to go my own way…too bad I have no means of doing so at the present time…and even if I did I don’t know what I’d do.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:18 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're struggling today (((Bam)))
I hope tomorrow turns out better than you think

D
Old 07-18-2010, 04:27 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

:ghug3 Bam, I"m sorry you're feeling like dirt at the moment. I hope it will soon pass and leave you feeling content (if not deliriously happy).
Old 07-18-2010, 04:29 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Bam, I'm sorry about your work situation. There are few things worse than knowing you have to go somewhere that will make you miserable every day. The good news is that you say you are somewhere that may offer advancement opportunities if you can just keep going... maybe that will happen sooner than you think.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:13 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Bam, Bam Bam.....i felt that way for a long time too...but i didn't have much choice, i had a mortgage to pay, not enough child support and on top of that I waitressed and or bartended EVERY weekend for the extra $$$ to make enough $$$.

i literally clawed my way up and i applied for my current position...4X be4 I finally got it....it took me a year to convince the department that I was their person.

I hope it doesn't take you as long....and you at least do not have to worry about a teenager going astray at the same time....(talk about OY)!....i took up gardening when my daughter hit puberty......i would go outside and rip up dirt and sod and make gardens.....so i wouldn't KILL HER....(jk, but boy did i feel like it, she can push my buttons).

there is always some fool in the workplace who will jerk your chain no matter how high up you are.....the trick is to push them into the background because they are NOT that important to disturb your peace of mind....we all gotta work (unless those of us are independantly wealthy...if so i apologize).

Now for MY whine dujour....my mother was impossible today....she biotched at me from the minute i got to the nursing home until the time i left....(i lasted 35 mins. only because i glued my eyes to the food network).....then i got home and was trying to calm down and relax and she calls me for round 2.....at that point, i gave up i told her that she was not "being nice" and i could not deal with her, good-bye mom.

when my mother gets more nasty I always throw my brother under the bus and blame him for her woes...then I call him and tell him not to answer his phone....because mom will forget all about this in an hour.....i know it is her disease, not my real mother, but lordy, she makes me nutz.....

my brother and SIL are going to look for a 2nd home tomorrow...in delaware....they are getting ready to retire and the tax advantages are good there? as we know, delaware is not that big....Mr. Fandy's brother also has a vacation house there..what are the chances?

The Samster is sleeping on my bed on his back, with his little feet going a mile a minute....wonder what he is chasing in his doggie dreams? he is turning into just a wonderful happy little boy...not as anxious anymore, he knows he is safe and secure.

I am going shopping this week...i have decided to replace my front door and the storm door...i think i will wait with remodeling the 2nd bathroom until next April. unless the toilet actually breaks...there is a crack in the porcel. bowl. i just don't have the energy to go and pick out tile and granite, fixtures, etc.....I have to get my buttisimo in gear to work on cleaning out my mother's house so we csan sell it....plus work is too busy.

last remodel job, Mr.Fandy did a lot of the work for helping pick things out...nowi have to do it all myself....(i hope he is miserable, i hope he has need for a big root canal and his car explodes)....sorry i am big time whining and longwinded.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:54 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The Samster is a very lucky dog to have you to love and care for him. Give him a tummy rub for me.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:00 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

too early egh?

hell yeah it was,

i'm feel'n it now!

sold today queeny, and only bought one thing.

welcome aboard ladyam

yeah it was HB

went to the puter show in town after the flea,

got me a new custom rig $$$ (A.A. paid for it)

at another booth, i got an adapter that was needed, a $4.00 part,

got the whole shebang home, fired it up, and the mouse arrow was froze, Hmmm!

then i realized the $4.00 part was defective, those damm defects again!

hauled ass back to show before it closed, and found out, the whole batch were defective!!!

will have to deal with it tomorrow!

i'm on my back up job!

nights whiners
Old 07-18-2010, 06:04 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

LTT, lovely kitty who obviously "rules".

Bam, do the best you can....whatever that is, it's "enough". Take time to breathe and you'll be okay.

:ghug3
Old 07-18-2010, 07:23 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Ck is being a crabby arrogant know-it-all.

that is all...