Notices

Living in Sobriety-Part 6

Old 07-18-2009, 02:17 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Originally Posted by stone View Post
I am glad I missed the appliances talk, I might start talking about ******* just to even things out.

Hi Sax.

Aww Least, personally I can understand why you are upset, if you have depression and anxiety people telling you to "pull your socks up" can be quite hurtful. I have had the same thing happen to me and didn't like it but I know that it was said out of care and concern...people can be quite brusque out of worry for you. I hope you come back soon.

This forum is full of good threads for people who wish to discuss and share about different things. There are several threads, maybe this one does not suit least at the moment..This paticulary thread is for people trying to live in sobriety. That means having s-h-i-t-t-y days like rowan, bee, me or anyone else have as well as good ones......but at least we are trying to change and work a programme. Working an honest programme means working an honest programme. Tomorrow I could feel like drinking and I know I can come here and share that, but I will hopefully move out of that place or at least try to eventually. I am glad for honest feedback, and its what has kept me sober. I dont want anyone massaging my disease. I also hope Least you decide to see things differently for your own and your kids sake.

Also there is not much point least in pm me to say you are leaving sr now over this.......this place is full of threads for you to post on. lis is only one!

On the happy life theory........My husband just came through cancer, my family were in bits but the thing that pulled us through was the programme and a positive attitude. life can be really hard for me, I know darkness, and I dont wish to live there> I have choices thanks to AA
Old 07-18-2009, 02:37 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really hope you don't leave SR over this least.

You know me - I talk straight - and I've never seen truer words than these, S.

I am glad for honest feedback, and its what has kept me sober. I dont want anyone massaging my disease.
You may not like what you're hearing, but you need to make changes least - noone else can make them for you. We can support you, but you have to do the work.

No one should be as unhappy as you seem to be by your posts, or for so long - you deserve better than that.

I know it's not all alcoholism for you - I think getting regular counselling - not just addiction counselling - might be a good start.

The balls in yr court S.
D
Old 07-18-2009, 03:21 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nelco View Post
This forum is full of good threads for people who wish to discuss and share about different things. There are several threads, maybe this one does not suit least at the moment..This paticulary thread is for people trying to live in sobriety. That means having s-h-i-t-t-y days like rowan, bee, me or anyone else have as well as good ones......but at least we are trying to change and work a programme. Working an honest programme means working an honest programme. Tomorrow I could feel like drinking and I know I can come here and share that, but I will hopefully move out of that place or at least try to eventually. I am glad for honest feedback, and its what has kept me sober. I dont want anyone massaging my disease. I also hope Least you decide to see things differently for your own and your kids sake.

Also there is not much point least in pm me to say you are leaving sr now over this.......this place is full of threads for you to post on. lis is only one!

On the happy life theory........My husband just came through cancer, my family were in bits but the thing that pulled us through was the programme and a positive attitude. life can be really hard for me, I know darkness, and I dont wish to live there> I have choices thanks to AA
Of course everything you say is true....but....

Personally, I would be looking at my side of things and not just putting it all on her. Was I unsympathetic, condescending, impatient, brusque etc...tone does matter, even when you are telling the truth.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:09 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Good Morning LIS and I say that through gritted teeth this morning. Enough Said!!! Onward to Sobriety, even if it is only my sobriety, I may say something you might not like but I do say it out of love and friendship. I am selfish, yes I help all of you just so I can stay sober.

Personally, I would be looking at my side of things and not just putting it all on her. Was I unsympathetic, condescending, impatient, brusque etc...tone does matter, even when you are telling the truth.
[B]YOU ARE DEAD WRONG HERE PAUL, SOOO VERY WRONG!!!![/B]
I don't believe that when this thread was started was meant as a DOWNER thread it is a LIVING thread. If it was constantly negative, I would not post here I would find another thread to do that on. Same goes if someone is not happy here with the truth, go find another thread, there are hundreds here. Like a smorgesbard, something for everyone. Take what you need and leave the rest!!!!

I woke up this morning after going to bed at a very late hour/early morning hour and after drinking my cup of coffee, I am pretty much okay. First thing I read, lol is about you Ro drinking the bug I can't laugh this hard first thing in the morning, my eyes still aren't focused!! But what a wonderful way to start it off, with laughter. I hope all of you have a day filled with laughter.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:11 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I apologize for being such a whiner and being so aggressive. I have explored every avenue for solutions and there don't seem to be any, that's all. No, I won't leave SR, then I'd have nowhere to go at all. It is tempting to drink over all this but I won't. That would just make it worse, and I don't need things to be any worse.

I am trying to LIVE in sobriety but feel like I'm just existing. I apologize again for being a pain in the @ss.

And I must disagree: Paul is not 'wrong', he's just got a different opinion, a different way of seeing it. It's not 'wrong' just different.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:22 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you decided to stay least - and I'm glad you didn't drink

Don't give up on looking for solutions tho - there's always a way forward - I really believe that.

D
Old 07-18-2009, 04:55 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

It is a beautiful morning here in Jersey, rained all night, but it has stopped. I am going to my HG meeting this morning, need strong coffee, so everyone will be drinking strong coffee . My son went to gf's house for weekend, so I will be able to clean his mess downstairs, then hopefully getting to those humongeous weeds in backyard.

Ro today is your get together, hopefully the weather is working with you.

Nel what are you and hubby doing today?

Lizabeth Hope you have a great day.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:03 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Morning all!

Oh, Bee...I would have been mad too. Hopefully, you got back to sleep quickly with the ol' pillow over the head trick!

Ro, ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww 'nuf said......

Stoney, you know we love you don't you? we were just having fun with the wordplay....

Hi Nelsie, Mari and Dee. You wise ones....

And Least, I'm glad you came back. Please understand that people here are making suggestions based on their knowledge of alcoholism and on their own personal experience. There is ALWAYS a solution. It may not be what you think and it may be hard to see, but it's there. I think the killer (for me) is inaction coupled with attitude. If I don't think I can change, I won't (attitude). By staying in the problem, I focus on myself. By searching for the solution, I am taking (action). This is what has worked FOR ME and that's all I can offer.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:13 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Good morning Lizabeth, always a pleasure to see you

Today I am grateful that I was sober last night and my daughter knew she could depend on me.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:21 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Yep..ain't it the truth, Buddy Bee. AND let's be grateful that there were NO bugs in our coffee and that Stoney is still speaking to us! Heehee

Off to my Step meeting...Step 2 today...WILLIE ALERT>>>>>
Old 07-18-2009, 05:28 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Good morning, all (here, at least!).

Bee -- I was able to pick my son up last night, too, without any "worries."

It's a good feeling. It also feels good to have my kids turn to me after visiting relatives asking if I can take Dad's keys!
Old 07-18-2009, 05:37 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Have a great meeting Lizabeth. Came to believe that a power GREATER than ourselves, could restore us to sanity!!! Good one.

Liz it is the best feeling when you know your kids trust you again, our behavior was not good when drinking but today to have that trusting relationship, for me its the best!!!

asking if I can take Dad's keys!
Ha Ha I remember all too well, when my kids would say, "you know what Mom, I'll drive" Today it is a pleasure to drive them places sober.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:38 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Ro -- just read your bug account and sprayed coffee all over my laptop!!!!
Old 07-18-2009, 05:39 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

My HG this morning is a discussion and its one of many double digit sobriety peeps. So much wisdom, strength and hope in that room. I have cried many a times there, they are such a great group of people. It's my favorite meeting.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:42 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Thank God for my kids, Bee. I keep trying because of them. Hate to say it, but I've never really cared enough about myself to start.

I know I may not succeed if I'm not in it for me, but I'm trying anyway. Saw a thread elsewhere here about being motivated by shame. That's me to a "t."

I'll take what I can get.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:43 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

This thread makes me smile because of so many positive, funny posts. I feel like I am sitting around with good friends, I laugh so much here, I hurt when you hurt, I feel what you feel, thank you all for being so positive. When this thread was started, it was to be free of any drama and I hope it will stay on that path, I hate drama!!!! So onward we go peeps to a positive life in sobriety.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:44 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Liz stick around honey, be positive in everything, because everything is a gift today.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:53 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Oh, I'm good today Bee. Just telling it like it is for me in general.

It's a beautiful a.m.. I'm listening to the birds outside my living room window, enjoying the cool breeze brought by last night's rain.

Glad I'm here and sticking around. Good friends, tons of support, and much to learn....
Old 07-18-2009, 05:55 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Okay I'm outta here, enjoy your day.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:31 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Originally Posted by stone View Post
Of course everything you say is true....but....

Yes I have looked at my side of things Stone and everything sits perfectly fine with me, and No I was not unsympathetic, condescending, impatient, brusque etc..., Just honest !! I personally have offered solution after solution and sympathy after sympathy....and much patience. Please read back over the posts since living sober started. This is a killer disease and I take mine serious as you know from the "serious" thread. There is a solution. I need this thread as much as everyone else who joined it. It was started for a reason and I think Bee made that clear.