Notices

Living in Sobriety-Part 6

Old 07-18-2009, 08:10 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

I'm here. Everyone but daughters friends have gone home. Recovery folk need their sleep it would seem - and honestly, I'm glad. I'm tired. Daughter has a migraine and is in bed with a cold cloth and her friends are giggling on the couch. My niece and another gal will sleep over. Hopefully Sar feels better soon - her cat is missing, and I think that has contributed to her headache. Jack is our hunter, the one who brings me mice and the chipmunk. He isn't an outdoor cat, but we have been giving him more freedom this summer. He's never been out after dark before and I pray he makes it home.

Stoney - you sounded weird. I hope you are okay? And when you quoted my text, it said it was quoted by Scaredykat not me which was really weird. How did that happen? And what do you mean that you feel weird?

Bee - not sure what to say about the God thing - I'm still uncomfortable talking about God with my daughter. She's been going to Catholic school and believes, I'm sure, but we don't talk about it, really. Except peripherally. Anyway. I've got one niece in my bed and a messy kitchen. Someone remind me why I cleaned?

Oh - don't know why I didn't finish that thought (this is me editing now) but about the God thing - I hope that you are able to connect with your son this way. I'll be interested in hearing how it goes, as I may need some help approaching this with my own child.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:18 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I'm sure you are glad the night is over Ro. Sorry your daughter is not feeling well. Hope the cat comes home by itself!!

Its been a very emotionally draining day for me from start to finish. I didn't pick up so it has been a good day.

Don't know why we clean for company only to have to clean again when they leave
Old 07-18-2009, 08:19 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

It's insane, really. Dang but those kids giggle a lot. I'm used to just me and Sarah here. And those fool dogs of course.

I hope you sleep well tonight, Bee.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:21 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

My daughters out again, so I will not get a good night sleep until I know she is home safe. Just you wait until your daughter gets to that age of going out with friends at night. Enjoy it while you can Ro. lol
Good night my friend.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:26 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Night sweetie. My hair stinks like campfire yuck.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:29 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I'm sure Rascal Flatts won't mind the smell tonight...
Old 07-18-2009, 08:54 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

LOL I hope I don't grope my niece she's sharing the bed tonight.

Cat returned.

Daughter's migraine has vanished.

Gigglers have departed, save for two.

I shall live.

But again, I thank my HP for Prozac, for getting me through this.

LOL when I think back to this afternoon, when I was chairing the meeting, that new gal who was there will probably NEVER come back - can you imagine? She went to an AA meeting, and the girl who chaired (me) just got out of a mental hospital! I was hoping she would stick around to talk but she bolted!
Old 07-18-2009, 09:42 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Alls well that ends well Ro.

I am still awake as you can see
Old 07-18-2009, 09:44 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

I'm on late tonight. I don't know why. It's been a while since I done that.
Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
Stoney - you sounded weird. I hope you are okay? And when you quoted my text, it said it was quoted by Scaredykat not me which was really weird. How did that happen?
Yeah, that was weird. I'm like i didn't write that. LOL

Believe- I'm glad you got a hold of your son. I don't have any advice on any of that having no children myself.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:52 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

I sent you both a Pyramid challenge on the other site. I gotta try my hand again though cuz it sucked big time.

Night girls.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:58 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Night Ro. I'll be over there again soon. Tomorrow i won't be home. Father-inlaw is in town from Michigan.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:00 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Believe808 View Post
Stone, I'm here if you need to talk.

Thank you hun, you are a sweetie. I need to talk to someone by phone though (or face to face), I will do so today.

Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
Stoney - you sounded weird. I hope you are okay? And when you quoted my text, it said it was quoted by Scaredykat not me which was really weird. How did that happen? And what do you mean that you feel weird?

I dunno what happened with the quote. I dunno how I feel weird. Just not right in the noggin, off the mental rails. I have felt pretty good for the last couple of weeks, despite headaches. I have been OK in the core of myself type of thing, now the core isn't right. I just don't feel myself. I will do the right things and I will get through it.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:04 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

hullo
Old 07-19-2009, 01:06 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Hi Cazz, how are you?
Old 07-19-2009, 01:20 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

A song to start the day wiv....

Old 07-19-2009, 01:24 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Old 07-19-2009, 04:18 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Morning Everyone. nice to wake up to music Stone, and hear about giggles Rowan.

When my nephew and son were small Rowan ,I taped them giggling and kept it. They were reading about mr. tickle out of the mr men books and giggling really hard. I still have the tape and sometimes if I am down I play it in my car and I always always end up laughing. I transferred it to cd and recently transferred on to a dvd I made of my nephew from baby to 25.yrs. I put the giggling as the backround sound to his photos from that time.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:27 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Mornin Nelco.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:29 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Today is a beautiful day and music to boot, thanks Stone.

Hi Cazz.

Nel I think that giggling cd is wonderful. I have a cassette tape of my sons voice when he was learning how to talk and on it is my husband and myself singing songs he loved, "Who are the people in the neighborhood" was a fav of his also I use to sing him this alphabet song "A you're adorable, B you're so beautiful, C you're a cutie full of charm, D you're my darling and E you're exciting and F you're a feather in my arms, G you look good to me, H you're so heavenly, I you're the one I idolize, J we're like Jack and Jill, K you're so kissable, L is the Lovelight in your eyes, M N O P I could go on all day, Q R S T alphabetically speaking you're okay, U made my life complete, V means you're very sweet, w x y z, its fun to wander through, the alphabet with you to tell you what you mean to me.

Sorry I just had to sing that out loud for me. Needed to remember them days. Thanks for giving me the reminder Nel. Amazing how I get just what I need when I need it.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:36 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Hi Donna.

I think my earliest memory is of my mum singing to me, she would sing something called "babyface" it went......."ooooooo the babyface! you got the cutest little bayface!"....and she sang it in a funny way that made me laugh my head off. I can actually remember being bounced up and down on her knee as she sang it, this added to the hilarity for me, lol.

Then I have no memories until I am about 8, then nothing from 8 to 11, then some memories followed by huge blanks again, no wonder I am weird. I was very unhappy as a child and I think I must have repressed most of my memories. How sad.