Notices

Class of June-Part 2

Old 06-25-2009, 02:22 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Yay spen! It's day 25 for me today as well.

Just wanted to check in and say hello quick. I'm about to leave work for the day...and then head to the gym. I'm so glad tomorrow's Friday! This week has gone by SO incredibly fast for me though...so I can't complain!
Old 06-25-2009, 02:23 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Hi there everyone,

I'm just letting you know that I'm still alive and I appreciate you being concerned about me
I do pop my head in and out of here to see how you guys are doing, I can't help not to....you've become my extended family.
Hubby and I are still doing ok.....we're still applying for jobs and waiting for the phone to ring...no luck yet.
We're getting ready to go to my Mommy's house to install her window A/C....she is desperately in need of cool air.
I just wanted to let you guys know that your in my thoughts and heart....I wish the best for you all.
When I feel that I'm ready to come back, I will be here....and hope your still here too
Still Wuv Ya All,
Hugs,
:ghug
Kimmy XOXO
Old 06-25-2009, 04:55 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Hi all, sorry for the late posting, think I'm going to have to try and post earlier if possible. Hope everyone is okay and have had/are having a good day!.
Chama- Good to hear that the therapy went ok- ok in a way, that is. I understand what you mean about coming out of therapy and feeling lighter, it's like you got 'rid of' a weight, or things that were in your mind, right?
I don't know about the time difference either- I guess we could work this out- I mean, if its say... 12 Midnight over here, what time is it where you are?
Thanks again for the congrats.. how many days/weeks/years are you at?
Take care!
Old 06-25-2009, 07:25 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Hello to you eoghanacht...i am bnme in the united states i used to correspond with a guy from england, when i was getting up over here for work, he was going to bed...or vice versa...i think...it's now 9:30, p. M...if you are here now ..what time is it there?.....hope to hear from you soon, for i will be going to bed soon!!....oh and by the way...i'm pretty new here, i don't have a drink problem, i had an opiate addiction, i love the people here, hang around you will too....they are all awsome!!!.....
Old 06-25-2009, 07:33 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Wow! spen71 and Lindsay, you're both getting really close to the big 3-0; awesome!

Jade19 and ADAAT - I'm extremely happy to see you guys are still here

Eclipse, I hope things are going smoother for you - best wishes!

Chama, did the nap help? I know the feeling. Tomorrow night is a Friday night - you should treat yourself to something fun, even if it's a solo event.

Gaaargh, there were more posts by others that I wanted to get to, but I gotta jet for a few hours. I'll try to get back later.

Take care everyone!
Old 06-25-2009, 09:45 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to pop in and say hi and that I have had no desire to drink but I am all still turned around. Awesome to be reading all your posts and ADAAT we miss you girl. Chama, awesome about your therapy. I am so happy but I am a bit delirious due to lack of sleep...LOL....I will write more tomorrow. Sweet dreams everyone!!!

HUGS!!!
Reb
Old 06-25-2009, 09:46 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Chama, and what I meant by awesome about your therapy is that in most of my toughest sessions things that needed to get worked on did...hang in there and keep facing forward!!!

HUGS!!!
Old 06-26-2009, 05:15 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Shoot..............i'm always on when no one else is............hope everone has a great day.....may be going shrimping with my hubby on our boat tonight, i'll surely be sleeping tomorrow....but if not i'll check back in when i'm @ home, i'm off to work....."gotta make the donuts"!!!! Remember that guys????...that's as old as farrah....and michael jackson!!!have a good whatever!!!......day night....who knows!......bnme
Old 06-26-2009, 06:01 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Good Morning!

OK, I looked it up. London is 8 hours ahead of me here in California. So while it is Friday Morning 5:45am for me, it is currently 1:45 pm Friday afternoon in London. That makes it only 6 hours difference for bnme. So when bnme wrote above that it was 9:30pm for her, it should have been 3:30am the following day in London. Eog, are you in the same time zone as London? If so, then subtract 5-8 hours to get the US time. % for New York, 8 for California and somewhere in between for the in betweens.

In answer to your question Eog, I am on day 35. My day 1 was on May 23rd. It's written under my name, above my avatar on the left hand side. While technically this group is for people who started in June, I actually started in late May. But I didn't join SR until a few days after that and since the Class of May was already so established, I just joined the June group because I really wanted to get the chance to get to know people from the begining. You know what I mean?

I didn't end up taking a nap yesterday. Really didn't end up feeling much better, but didn't feel much worse either. I skipped the happy hour. Around 4pm, I reallly knew I didn't want to go, but was still feeling guilty because I know it's not good for me to isolate when I'm bummed out. But then 2 of my closest friends texted me saying they weren't going either. One was sick and the other just got fired So I felt better about canceling myself. Spent the evening talking to my upset friend (letting her vent, poor thing!) and went to bed early.

I'm feeling better this morning. Up at the crack of dawn (really wish I could sleep in a bit) but sober and while not overwhelmingly happy... I guess 'fine' is the correct word. I'm fine! And fine is fine with me! I've got to spend some quality time at the dmv today (blah!) taking care of a car registration and make some changes to my car insurance which renews tomorrow. So send me som patience please! Plus hiking with a friend in the afternoon and then dinner with a different friend.

Hope all is well with everyone else!
Old 06-26-2009, 04:09 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Hi all. Not too good at the moment. I will reply to what Chama and Bnme wrote to me, on saturday hopefully. When I say not doing too good I mean there is a party next door to us (in the next apartment/flat). And I can't stand parties (not just for the obvious). It's really late and my partner is trying to sleep. So it doesn't help. I am still sober but I am p****d off and fed up, sorry.
I might hang out in the chat room for a while if anyone reads this while I am still awake, hoping that the fools next door will shutup soon.
Take care.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:36 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Sorry about the loud neighbors Eog! I know that's annoying! Hope they settled down and that you ended up getting a restful nights sleep!

Glad you're still sober! I am too!
Old 06-27-2009, 06:21 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Good Morning everyone! I just got back from my boyfriend's house, had breakfast, coffee, and now I'm about to get ready to go workout. Afterwards I'm going to shower, do some shopping...and eventually head back to his house to lay out and play with the kitty. I love that damn cat...haha. It's ridiculous. I'm so used to being around dogs, (my roommate has three, YES THREE) so a kitten is a nice change of pace. I'd upload a picture on here of Soph and I if I could figure it out...it keeps telling me the file's too large?

Chama...I can relate to having 'off days'. I will often have days where I just don't feel RIGHT. Sometimes I really just feel the need to be alone...I don't know about you but I really value my alone time sometimes! Don't feel guilty for needing that time.

Today's day 27. I feel wonderful...and despite having a few urges from time to time, I've learned to stop and check myself. I truly think about what the end result would be if I decided to drink. I've been there many, many times...and I don't want to go back! My desire to remain sober is much stronger than my desire to drink. For once I can truly say that.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 06-27-2009, 06:39 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Did anyone see farrah's story?......if u didn't u missed a spectacular story of her journey fighting for her life!!!..........we all need to go out and embrace the beauty of the day.......you can see clips if you google farrah's story.....it's really something to see!!!........i am going to go out today with some of my grands and children and float down the river on a tube...so much fun!!.....have a blessed day everyone....much luv, bnme
Old 06-27-2009, 06:41 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Hey lindsay!!!.............AND MY GRL CHAMA......
Old 06-27-2009, 06:49 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Good Morning!

Funny little twist Eog... I went to bed before 10pm last night and woke up at 5am... I had a text message from my downstairs neighbor asking me to keep it down (around 2am) Of course I was sound asleep at that hour (and live alone) so it wasn't me. But funny that my neighbor was surely pissed off at me at 2 am this morning for being too loud. LOL.

I've of course texted her this morning explaining that it wasn't me. We have a good relationship and in the years that both of us have lived here, this is a first, so I'm not worried.

But also funny that even though I'm completely sober, I still feel some nagging guilt as if I had been drunk last night and perhaps played the music too loud and don't remember it. Like emotionally I'm having that "what did I do last night?" sorta feeling even though logically, I know I was simply having a nice sober sleep.

Good morning Lindsay! Sounds like you have a nice day planned. Kittens are the best, aren't they?! I have a siamese that just turned 16. I've had her since 6 weeks. Love her!

Yes, alone time is very important to me also. I spend a lot of time alone and I really enjoy it. If I'm too social, I can start to feel overstimulated. My problem is more that I start to isolate if I get bummed out, and I know it's bad for me. So sometimes I have to force myself to get out and about. Once I do, I do start to feel better. Today I'm supposed to meet some frinds at the beach (it's gonna be a hot one today) but again, I just don't think I'm up to it. I have a few hours to decide.

Hope all is well this morning and everyone manages to stay cool!
Old 06-27-2009, 06:51 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bnme247 View Post
Did anyone see farrah's story?......if u didn't u missed a spectacular story of her journey fighting for her life!!!..........we all need to go out and embrace the beauty of the day.......you can see clips if you google farrah's story.....it's really something to see!!!........i am going to go out today with some of my grands and children and float down the river on a tube...so much fun!!.....have a blessed day everyone....much luv, bnme
That sounds like a lot of fun! Hope your surrounded by love and laughter!
Old 06-27-2009, 09:01 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Chama and Lindsay....I am so glad you guys posted about being alone.

Today is totally one of those days for me. I got a text asking me to meet for a street festival tonight. I really want to go, but don't want to go. I really don't trust myself to not drink at this point. I also feel lonely today. Could've been the rain earlier? I just feel so BLAH! Tired and lazy.

I did manage to go to the gym today. I made a really good chicken curry. I tried cut back my smoking. I finally broke down and bought a mini-pack of cigs today. I have had 2 cigarettes today.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:41 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!
Just checking in briefly. I hope everyone's Saturday went smoothly; if it didn't, then

Today went well for me - spent more than I should at the farmer's market, worked a few hours of overtime to make up for the spending, and got my hair colored and highlighted. I feel refreshed and ready for day 19! I'm going to the local gay pride festivities with some friends (my group tries to hit up all the festivals in town in the summer - last week was the jazz festival, next week is 4th of July stuff; it's gonna be a busy few weeks!) where I plan to spend more money :P Luckily, there's plenty to do there to keep me occupied for most of the day, so even though I'm sure it'd be the type of day where I would normally have "had a few", I think everything is going to be fine.

It's quiet around here...... I hope everything's okay. Maybe it just slows down on the weekends. Ah well. Take care everyone!
Old 06-28-2009, 05:33 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Good Morning! Just checking in! Day 37 for me.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 06-28-2009, 07:03 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Hello all....I was away from my computer again all weekend....I feel like I have no time to do anything!!! Hope everyone is hangin in there...I have to read back to see what's going on with everyone...but I hope all is well and still moving foward.
The "alcoholic" voice in me is starting to speak up again.....I have no control over these thoughts that pop into my head....I won't even be thinking of drinking and then out of no where my thoughts are taken over by the idea of it. Of course I recognize this, I have for years...It still just amazes me that something that makes me so miserable and has ruined so much in my life still can invade my mind and try and get me to go back to it---and for a spilt second I actual ponder it.....I know this time I can not ponder these thoughts, I can not even allow myself to continue the thought about it, cause eventually I will do more than just allow myself to think about it, I will talk myself into thinking its ok to actually do it. So pathetic, I can't believe what a hold it has over my subconcious. It's like I can't control my own thoughts sometimes.....BUT I can control my actions, and that's what i have to concentrate on until these haunting thoughts leave.
Thanks for listening STAY STRONG....and remember all the reasons you want to change your life.....I hope this gets easier as more time passes!!!