Notices

Class of June-Part 2

Old 07-19-2009, 04:25 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

WOOHOOO!!! CONGRATS ON 30 DAYS!!!!!

And Lindsay, I have 20 days, working on 21 today... =)
Old 07-19-2009, 06:40 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

My sobriety date is June 8, 2009. I am looking for friends here on SR. Wanted to say hi and see if I can get some directions on how to integrate myself into this wonderful group.

Thanks!
Old 07-19-2009, 06:49 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

No big monies
But my mom and I had a blast!

WHOOOO!!!! Congtats Bjork! Here's to at least 30 more! *ice-water w/lemom-cheers*

Reb,
I hope the rest of your day 21 goes over well - happy three weeks!!!!

Welcome, wantthatfeeling! I really love this group of people - June appears to have been a motivational month for us; there have been ups and downs, but there's also been tons of support and encouragement to go along with it all. So sit down, relax, and stay awhile

I'm off to spend the rest of the night with my boyfriend - he's just getting back into town after 5 days away. *happy dance*
Talk with you folks later!

Best wishes,
WF
Old 07-20-2009, 02:16 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Welcome Wantthatfeeling!! Just come on in and keep posting. Glad to have another person in the class of June! What have you been doing with yourself now that you are sober?

Waterfountain- Have fun!!!! ;0)

Today my student had to cancel tutoring with me, so I am going to the market and then the gym (earlier than planned). After that, I am going to the grocery store.

I have been cleaning all morning and will finish when I get back. Then I will watch The Bachelorette! It's still not on the site I download it from. Don't tell me anything PLEASE! I guess now is a good time to mention that I have a 1-2 day delay on The Bachelorette and Big Brother LOL

I was noticing that my hair was drier than usual. I thought it was ONLY b/c the water was hard here. I googled it and realized another reason to remain sober (alcohol also dries out your hair). Oy vay! Looking forward to better hair soon!

Enjoy your day. I'll check in later.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:31 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone & welcome Wantthatfeeling ;-)

So great to see everyone's sober time getting longer & longer. Things are good here & I had a wonderful weekend with family & friends as well as mountain biking & tennis.

I had to say no to few parties & events that I knew were going to be booze fests but it had to be done. I am starting to be able to listen to my internal self & say no when I need to (I used to be a pretty bad yes man in the past...especially if booze was involved).

I hope everyone is doing well.

P.S. Bjork or anyone else that is looking for movies or tv shows to catch up on I use www.ninjavideo.net just thought I would share.

Take Care,

NB
Old 07-20-2009, 08:05 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

24 days sober and I have been through too much this last week. I don't know how much longer I will be here, not because of drinking but because life is going so fast around me.

Alcohol, the way I drink it.....is not living. I started out using it to not feel the overwhelming onslaught of life coming at me.....now I have no desire in anyway to separate myself from the amazing awe and wonder of life.

Thank you for giving me this moment of your lives while I was getting back up and trying in my awkward way to be a part of this. I am now at peace with truth. Alcohol is a dead end lie. I am better then what alcohol has to offer.

Take care everyone here. You have been kind to me, and I thank you for it.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:21 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChameleonBoy View Post
24 days sober and I have been through too much this last week. I don't know how much longer I will be here, not because of drinking but because life is going so fast around me.

Alcohol, the way I drink it.....is not living. I started out using it to not feel the overwhelming onslaught of life coming at me.....now I have no desire in anyway to separate myself from the amazing awe and wonder of life.

Thank you for giving me this moment of your lives while I was getting back up and trying in my awkward way to be a part of this. I am now at peace with truth. Alcohol is a dead end lie. I am better then what alcohol has to offer.

Take care everyone here. You have been kind to me, and I thank you for it.
Hi ChameleonBoy, so glad to see that you are doing well
Old 07-20-2009, 08:13 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

HI all and WELCOME Wantthatfeeling!!

I am so excited I made it to the 3 week mark..didn't think i could do it honestly..I slipped so many times before...

Interesting about the hair Bjork...I wondered why my hair was so dry and brittle..I was really starting to lose it towards the end there. I hope it comes back nice and glossy! LOL I am huge BB fan!! Darn that Ronnie!!! guh!

Anyway I am so glad to se sooo many posts today!! You guys are the whole reason I am here and I am so lucky to be a part of this fabulous group!!

ChameleonBoy, I hope you check in every now and then and I hope you keep kicking some booty!!! We'll miss you but life is calling and you got to answer =)

Hugs everyone!!
~Reb
Old 07-20-2009, 11:02 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Did somebody say Big Brother? I may have spoke to soon about not spending as much time here......I confess, Big Brother is my weakness. I can go days without watching TV anymore.....until Big Brother starts.....my other addiction.
Originally Posted by bjork View Post
I have been cleaning all morning and will finish when I get back. Then I will watch The Bachelorette! It's still not on the site I download it from. Don't tell me anything PLEASE! I guess now is a good time to mention that I have a 1-2 day delay on The Bachelorette and Big Brother LOL
Same here Bjork, I work Sunday and Tues day nights to I watch all three shows on Thursday nights. I just watch BB from the CBS site. Big Brother 11
Ok.....back to work for me.

Ronnie--->
Lydia--->
Russell--->
Old 07-21-2009, 12:18 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Hello everybody!

CONGRATULATIONS REB!!!! You are doing great! Yep, alcohol and smoking dry your hair out. I was fine until 35. Seems like maintenance gets a lot more intense in your mid-late 30's LOL

Chameleon-You are so right about Ronnie. Lydia drives me crazy. She was all for the underdog until she became a part of the "Jessie harem". Now she's becoming a bully (everything she cried about and said she hated in the beginning). Russell....not sure if he's just stupid or playing? I love Jordan and Jeff! I abhore Chima I have been watching after darks too. I've got to stop and just watch the show.

Today is day 32 for me (2 weeks no cigs).

Ummm....this may be TMI for some, but I am constipated for the first time in my life. UGH! I'm going to hold off on cutting the caffeine out of my diet.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:59 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Jut a big ole hey everyone and thanx!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2009, 07:43 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

haha...I'm a big BB fan too! I love that it's on 3 times a week...especially during the summer when there's nothing else on tv! I've got my boyfriend hooked on it. He has DVR so he always records it for us. I've also got him hooked on the Bachelorette...haha...but that's almost over!

I can't stand Ronnie!!!!!!!! He's so annoying.

I'm feeling a little irritable today, probably because it's approaching that time of the month. ugh. I hate feeling like this. I'm dragging big time and just...a &%*$& in general. I haven't had any cravings lately, but I have had some..."i wish i could drink like a normal person" thoughts. I hate those!

How's everyone doing today????
Old 07-21-2009, 10:03 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Hey Lindsay! I have those thoughts about normal drinking too. I can't help but feel a little jealous. It might be wrong, but it's how I feel. Ronnie is annoying and is WAY TOO COMFORTABLE right now. However, I think he may just get away with what he's doing. ??? Bachelorette, just watched it and I can't believe Reid is coming back!!!! WOW!!!

Irritable??? That time of the month??? Ummm, light up the grill for steaks and get the chocolate drip going! Hope you feel better soon!

+ =
Old 07-21-2009, 04:45 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Lindsay,
I hear ya! I'm approaching that time too, and my fuse seems to shorten every day as my "moon time" gets closer. I too get the jealousy/wish I could drink like a normal person thoughts from time to time...
I had my first drinking-related nightmare last night. I dreamed I drank a lot of mixed drinks while at something with someone (don't know who, and I can't remember if it was a movie or what), and just that one night of drinking put me in the ER with dire problems with my pancreas and blood pressure. It was terrible! And it has certainly left me shaken enough that I physically shake my head "no!" at the mere wanton thought of drinking.
... weird that I would dream that on my 6 WEEK MARK!

I hope everyone is doing well. I'll try to get back on later tonight, but I have no idea how long my condo association meeting will run. Ah well.

Be well, and best wishes!
Old 07-21-2009, 09:46 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Oh waterfountain, I had one of those too, not last night but a few nights ago. I woke up sweating thinking I had blown it all!!!! ughhhh

Now onto BB, I CAN NOT believe he put Jordan up!!! AGGGHHHH I can't stand Ronnie, I hope he goes soon!!!

Anyway, I am sooo tired but will write more tomorrow..

Night all!!
HUGS!
Reb
Old 07-22-2009, 12:30 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

I started a Big Brother thread in Cafe Central so we could discuss the show! Come tell who you think is going to be eliminated this week....Jordan or Laura?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ther-11-a.html
Old 07-22-2009, 12:36 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Hello everybody!

Waterfountain: Wow....what a horrible dream! I hope you don't have any more of those. I haven't had any phantom drinking dreams in quite a while. Your post reminded me that I used to have them. Sometimes I would even wake up with alcohol on my breath (so I thought). I hope tonight's rest is more peaceful.

I am getting myself ready for a 4 week trip into the mountains. The isolation kind of has me in a panic. However, I have quite the checklist of things to keep me busy. I will be working for 4 hours every day (7 days/wk) One day I am planning to ride a bicycle to Austria. It's only a 4 hour ride. LOL Knowing that a change of environment can make me have cravings makes me nervous. but, I guess knowing that that is a trigger alleviates the chance for relapse.

Hope everybody is having a nice day!
Old 07-22-2009, 11:13 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Hello? Hello? Hello?

Echo Echo Echo

Crickets chirping......

Well, it is going to be a hot one today! It's supposed to get up to 97. I don't have AC as I really haven't needed it. Italians have alternative ways of keeping their places cool. I have let the cool air in, closed the shutters so air can still come thru and the sunlight is out. My apartment is now a cave. Let's hope it stays relatively cool.

I leave for the mountains in 3 days! Yikes! At least it will be much cooler there.

Hope everybody is doing well today!

No alcohol=34 days
No cigs=16 days
Old 07-23-2009, 06:44 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Bjork,
lol, both my cubicle at work and my home are caves :P I just prefer the darkness... I hardly ever turn on more than a low-watt lamp or two.
I hope you didn't melt today!

3 days and then you're gone for a month, huh? Wow.... I envy you! I wish I could get away into the mountains for even a week, especially at this point in my sobriety! What a treat! Then again, I am really into the whole east-asian, monk, Taoist, Buddhist, Walden, spiritual-journey type stuff, *giggle*
I know you're a little nervous about it; that's okay! Know that you've got us back here cheerin' for ya!

Day 44, over and done *happy dance*

Doing pretty good. No thinking or dreaming about drinking today; no anxiety; no depression.....
I have been feeling a little depressed though. Well, more like some combination of depressed and apathetic. *shrug* I figure it will pass. Just looking forward to another sober weekend!

Best wishes everyone *waits for the echo*....

I hope you junebugs are doing okay! It's getting kinda lonely in here...

Later!
Old 07-23-2009, 11:22 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

CONGRATS on 44 Days Waterfountain!!! and Bjork your going to have an amazing time!! I would relish in the beauty all around you and just think your going to remember the WHOLE thing!! Can't wait to hear how it all goes!!!

I have been battling the 100+ heat here, it's driving me insane!! Too hot!! I keep thinking my a/c in my car is broke! LOL

I am starting day 25 today and I am just freaking loving it!!!

It has been so quiet in here...I wonder what has happened to everyone...hopefully they are just to busy living a sober happy life!! =)

I am so ready for the weekend! My husband and I are playing tourists in our own town...we went to The Alamo and Riverwalk last weekend and it was hilarious!! I found an old fanny pack at the thrift store and we totally went as the tourists!! Loved it! This weekend we are hitting some art exhibits and trying some restaurants we saw on "diners, drive-ins and dives"....

Anyway, I am off to bed...hope everyone has an amazing weekend!!

HUGS,
Reb