Notices

Class of June-Part 2

Old 07-03-2009, 10:01 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

I dunno Waterfountain...wish they would pop in and say hi to us...I hope everyone is just soberly living life and has gotten to busy like Spen =) So good to see you Spen and I am glad you are doing great!!!

Hope everyone has a stress and temptation free weekend...I am a bit nervous for myself....MISS YOU JUNEBUGS!!! =)

~Reb
Old 07-03-2009, 10:04 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by spen71 View Post
Well i am still sober. Sorry I do not post as much but I am busier now than I have ever been in my life.
Same here, actually. I was never this motivated to actively participate in my life while I was drinking. So I've been out doing things more - living life rather than numbing it down. Today is a vacation day where I plan on laying low, chilling out online, eating whatever I want.... chores can wait until later

Happy Friday!
Old 07-03-2009, 10:20 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Reb,
I wish the same! We haven't heard from ADAAT, Eog, NB, or Jade09 (and I know there are others too!)in several days - I hope they're getting along okay.

I think I'll make some sushi today. Mmmmm, smoked salmon and asparagus sounds good.... think I should add cream cheese and make it a Philadelphia roll? Tough call.... *giggle*

Oh, and I made raw flax crackers! They turned out GREAT! I also bought some nori-roll snack sticks and a granola bar (all raw) from a fantastic website. So, I'm all set to have a fully raw day or two next week! I'll have to figure out some meals of course too, but snacks are soooooo important to have when trying out a new diet.

Here's to aiming for healthier days!
(day 24 is 3/4ths done! Whoo!)
Old 07-03-2009, 11:05 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

OMG!! Sushi sounds amazing right now...I say go for the cream cheese!! Let me know how it turns out...can't you steam veggies for a few minutes and they are still considered raw? What about beans? I was thinking like a bean salad...high protein, low fat type thing....I love healthy food!!

I talk to ADAAT on email and she is doing good. She pops in here to browse every now and then but she is not ready to come back just yet. She is hanging in there tho. I wonder what happened to jade09...NB....I hope they are ok....

Keep me posted on your lunch!! I am gonna go for a run....

~Reb
Old 07-03-2009, 01:41 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

I'm still here!

Today's day 33. I actually had to work today...I have off Monday instead which is odd...I swear everyone else has today off! Anyway, I'm about to leave work shortly here. Three day weekend, yay! I plan on just laying low. I don't have anything too exciting planned...just working out and getting some sun! I'll check in later.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:24 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Today has been the best I have felt for over a week now. I actually noticed myself smiling when I woke up....not sure why but my mood flipped just like that. Still have a cold and haven't slept much but today was a good day. I knew it would get better I'm just glad to finally see it. One week sober today

Have a good and safe 4th weekend everyone.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:10 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

CONGRATS on 7 DAYS!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!! Awesome job Chameleonboy!!!

Hope everyone is doing good!! I had a rough craving day today...but I went for a run and then it was gone....ending day 5 tonight...feeling good....

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!

~Reb
Old 07-04-2009, 05:44 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Good Morning all! 6 weeks for me today. Yay!

Hope everyone has a wonderful, safe and sober 4th of July! (Even those who aren't in the US! )
Old 07-04-2009, 09:16 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Hi Chama, CONGRATS ON 6 WEEKS!!!!

HAPPY 4th to all and thanks to all who make it possible =)

Hope everyone has an amazing day!!! On day 6 today...going for another run, oddly I have lost about 10 pounds in the last 2 weeks and it seems to be speeding up without the booze =) I only need 10 more to go....YIPPIEEE!!! Heart has calmed down a bit and I can feel my blood pressure dropping...I LOVE this feeling!!!!

Love you all!!!!

~Rebecca
Old 07-05-2009, 12:42 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone Just wanted to pop my head in & say hello. I am always in the "newcomers to recovery" section, reading & sharing. Sometimes I forget that our June thread has been moved here.

Anyway, things are great here. I had a great week & probably got more done this week than I have in months. The last few days have been amazing, I talked with my HP for the first time since I was a little kid. Sitting on a rock by the beach with the ocean lapping at my feet. watching the sunset & asking for help. The tv series "the Cleaner" helped me to start talking aloud again, its a great series. PM me if you would like the link to a site that has all of the series & movies too hehe. (one of the moderators removed a link I posted in another thread thinking I was promoting it).

Had a great day today, made pancakes for my father & we watched some tennis/golf at my place for a bit (would usually be hiding out & hungover in the past) then we went out to a beautiful park and played tennis for a few hours (my best playing in years... maybe ever). Then we had lunch & played chess together... man, it was great. I am so close to him & love him so much & find myself thinking/worrying about what it would be like if I ever lost him. My feeling & thoughts are on hyper drive, it feels overwhelming at times. After that I biked up to another park to see a Jazz festival, had a lot of fun outside of being invited to the beer gardens & for drinks a few times.

I am out of work as of the last month or so & have been trying very hard to build my own company with a partner. we have some good ideas but I think we may be too different to work together.. money is getting tight. I am going to have to make some big decisions soon.

Well that is it for now, I did my mass update for the week lol I look forward to your updates. Be good to yourselves, we can do this

Take Care,

NB
Old 07-05-2009, 08:54 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Hope everyone had a safe sober and wonderful 4th of July. Just checking in. I'm not feeling overly chatty, but I am fine.

Waterfountain is coming up on a month... right?
Old 07-05-2009, 11:18 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Reb-I used to feel awkward at AA meetings sometimes too. I went to many different meetings. I was in Chicago, so I had a lot to choose from. Some were not awkward at all. Others were. There was one that always had around 50 people and they would always pass around a microphone. YIKES! I always tried to strategically sit where I thought the mike would never come. I never did speak much at meetings. I am more of a listener. I think a sponsor is a good idea too. My first sponsor didn't work out. She was really busy and really didn't have time. Nevertheless, a sponsor would be great!

Show up at meetings early (even 5-10 minutes). That gives you some time to talk to people. People often approached me. Sometimes nobody did.

What's an IOP?

The only thing I can relate to your relationship is a four year relationship I had with another alcoholic. We really enabled eachother and were eachothers best drinking buddies. We were so forgiving of eachothers stupid drunk antics and never made the other feel bad about drunk actions. We just kind of laughed it off and forgot about it. Whenever I would try to quit drinking, she would usually be on board and want to quit too. One of us would cave and the other would cave too. TOXIC I can't imagine how difficult it must be to have a significnt other right now. Some of the other newbies with partners would probably be able to give some better advice.

About the job....I immediately think "No", but I think you should rely on someone with more sobriety under their belt.

Congratulations on one week today!!!!!!

You've lost ten pounds in the past two weeks??? You're my hero! LOL I can only hope that I lose ten pounds in the next few weeks. My tummy is smaller, but not too much.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:34 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Hello everybody! I have been busy (productive and social) the past few days.

BNME247-I hope your 4th went well. I am sorry for your loss associated with the holiday. You wrote: WE HAVE TO REALIZE THE BOOK IS ALREADY WRITTEN WE ARE JUST PLAYING OUT THE CHARACTER.....IT'S OUR MAKER'S NOVEL.......SO PLEASE TRY TO MAKE THE BEST OF IT AND ENJOY That is sooo true!

Welcome Chameleonboy!!!! I think the major thing that got me back in here was actually seeing myself on camera drunk! Not a good thing to see, but, then again, maybe it was the best thing I could see! Congratulations on 8 days today! I'm glad you are feeling better. Keep posting on here.

Waterfountain-Good job on staying strong at the concert! I recently had my first outing where I declined alcohol. It went much better than expected. Glad to hear you had a great time sober. Watch your bank account grow too.

Please pass some sushi and flax crackers my way...yum!

Lindsay congratulations on making it to your one month mark! I know I am chiming in late, but what the heck!

Chama WooHoo 6 weeks and one day today!
Old 07-05-2009, 11:55 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Heyhey. Hope everyone had a nice 4th of July! I laid out all day and saw The Hangover with my boyfriend. All that I've been hearing is how good it is...it was funny but I didn't think it was THAT great.

It's funny because I've actually loss track/stopped counting what day I'm on...36 or so today? I'm feeling great though.

Congrats on 6 weeks Chama!!!!!
Old 07-05-2009, 05:10 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Happy Belated Independence Day everyone! I never made it into any of the forums last night (signed on, but never got to type >.<), so I'll try to make up for it now!

Reb,
Congrats on 6 days! Are you at a week tonight? If so, AWESOME! Keep on keeping on hon!

NB,
Wow! It sounds like you've been having some fantastic sober time - kudos for sure! I am happy to hear it; and I wouldn't let your future deadlines get you down now. I understand they can be a great motivator, but also run the danger of being overwhelming. Take your business decisions like you've been taking your sober time, just one day, sometimes even one hour, at a time.
If you don't mind discussing it, I'm curious, what kind of business are you planning on starting?

Chama,
Meh, we are all sin waves when it comes to chatability (<-not a word, but I couldn't think of what would be correct there). You are correct! Tuesday = one month, Thursday = 30 days! *Excited*. Hope to see you on here later tonight

Bjork,
Ah, I'm glad your first refusal went well! No one has given me any trouble or reacted any differently when I've declined this last month. I think it might have something to do with always having a nearly-full, large bottle of water in hand. I assume that they assume (that sounds like the beginning of a riddle) I'm dieting or doing some new eastern/zen/new-age/misc type thing, since I've been known for expanding my horizons in similar fashions in the past.
.....Though, I imagine that if you'd have any drink in your hand, it'd be super easy to decline a drink offer by simply raising your bottle of water (or soda or juice or whatever) and saying "nah, I'm good". I think I'll pass that on as advice to the thread here, for all us newbies

Lindsay,
Whoo hoo! You're getting up there in the sober days - congrats!
I think I'll catch that movie when it hits the movie channels. I like Ed Helms a lot, both from the Daily Show and the Office - so I figure I'll get a kick out of some of the flick.
I'd like to talk more with you, since we're both the same age, have been sober for only a short time after long stints of heavy drinking, and seem to be in significant relationships with interesting, and frustrating, boy-men

All right, I'll be back later folks. The boyfriend and I have plans for a while, but I'm crashing here at home tonight - just me and that cat. I hope some of you guys come back tonight; if not, take care and best wishes!
Old 07-05-2009, 09:23 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Hey everyone!!!

Bjork, thanks so much for the awesome words. IOP is Intensive OutPatient...I am doing well on my own right now but figure I have some things I need to work through and figure that was the best way to go. =) I go in Wednesday, a bit nervous.

I didn't take the job. It just didn't feel right and I knew in my gut that I couldn't do it. I just figure that my HP has a funny sense of humor but something better will come along.

Waterfountain, I am on the end of my day 7!!!! WOOHOO!!! I am so excited just to have a week and can't believe how good I feel. I have had a few of those "thoughts" come into my head but I usually feed it with food and they disappear....I also play back days 1 through 3 and that usually snaps me back pretty fast.

I had a great 4th, went for a run, bowled a few games (something I haven't done in YEARS) and then we went and watched a fireworks show. My hubby is trekking along with me as well and is on day 7 as well =)

Hope everyone is doing great!!

Thanks so much for everything!!

~Reb
Old 07-05-2009, 10:20 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Rebecca!!!
Congrats on 1 week! Both you and your hubby... that's fantastic! I'm so glad you didn't take that job. I know it must have been tough but I really think you made the right decision! Good for you. I'm so pleased that you're taking care of yourself.
:HONYSparkler:
Old 07-05-2009, 10:53 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Hey Chama!!! Thanks so much!!! Can't wait to get another day under my belt =)

I was really torn about the job but in the end my gut instinct won out and I feel pretty peaceful about it.

You have no idea how excited I am to see those emoticons =) I feel so silly but I can't stop grinning!!!

Thanks Chama!!

Reb
Old 07-06-2009, 05:01 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

HERE'S TO ALL OF YOU!!! I HAD A GREAT 4TH WITH MY FAMILY....EVERYONE WAS SAFE AND HAPPY!!!IT'S NOW MONDAY.....I HATE MONDAYS,,,,BUT I AM ALIVE AND FREE.....WILL BE CHECKING IN.....GOOD TO SEE MOST ARE DOING VERY WELL...BNME
Old 07-06-2009, 06:17 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Good Morning all!

Reb - Gosh, it's so easy for us to 'own' all the negative emotions and labels but so hard for us to take in the good, huh? Please try not to feel silly. You worked hard for those 7 days, try to feel proud of your accomplishments, k? I'm proud of you! Hope you and hubby had a little celebration... heck, make yourselves a little cake, put some candles on it and sing happy birthday to each other! LOL! More emicons for you in 6 days my friend! Good job!

Bnme - Good to see you and glad that your holiday went well! How many days do you have now?

I hear you on Monday! Blah! I've got just duty today... double blah! Oh well, I'll pack a book and my patience and get out of there ASAP.

Hope all is well!