Notices

Clean House Time Again Part 2

Old 01-01-2007, 06:55 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

HAPPY NEW YEAR.............We made it through another year and what a joy it is to see the new year come through.......

TODAY I HAVE 21 YEARS OF RECOVERY IN AA and I am proud to be here............................I still feel like it was just yesturday that I can to this place.......But No matter how many years you have behind you it still feels new.........except that someone like me has been hanging out a longer time..........Yes....I still have moments when I would like to go out and drink like the rest of you......but my willingness to hang in there kicks in and I find other things to distract my mind..................go to meetings , talk to friends in recovery, call someone that is willling to talk and stay in the now of my recovery...............Read the Big Book from cover to cover and so much more....................Work the steps and start at the beginning.................All this works..........

Hugs and love to you all and I will check in later...........

Little Penguin
Old 01-01-2007, 11:49 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Oh, what a day this is......The sun is out and recovery just keeps getting better.......................BUT remember this......you will always have bad days and no one day is ever like the other.....................Keep coming back......I know you can do it ........Just look at me.....21 years in this boat and I keep coming back hoping for a new direction each day...........................If you believe , it will happen........................God is my direction........and so are all you special people in Recovery............Thank you for giving me that chance to clean my inner house each day........................WHAT A BLESSING.........

Little Penguin
Old 01-01-2007, 07:10 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

The day is almost over and yet the step study is never ending ...........there is always something to do ........

No matter how many years you have the day is never ending.....The Big Book is waiting to be challenged.........the steps are always there for more work....harder than you ever know.....................you can handle it and pass the information on to others..................Clean House as often as you think about.............You are doing good and have come back to keep reading in a place you trust...................

Keep coming back ..........and do your work in recovery one day at a time...........................you have what it takes to make each day count and the years go by in your life........

LOL.........Hugs....Little Penguin
Old 01-02-2007, 07:41 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Another day marked in time and what a wonderful thing......................Recovery is the best place to be and for all those that are still struggling .....you are in the right place...................Keep coming back and know you can make it one day at a time................

Today start with lots of meetings and know you are welcome with open arms from others...............Lots of Hugs wait you inside the doors of recovery...............understanding hearts of others that have been there just like you and me..............

Don't be afraid to keep coming back even if you do not feel this is your place to be for the moment.................New friends wait for you each day and you just have to show up and be willing to do the time and crack that Big Book open and start your program off on the right foot..............

Love you all and keep coming back as you will find all the Hugs you need here.....

Little Penguin
Old 01-03-2007, 09:32 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

For all those of you that are still having trouble with your program............The best thing to do each day is find a quiet place to read and work the steps...........then get to a meeting and stress what is on your mind with the meeting discussion.....

You have lots of friends there that want to touch base with you and new ones that want to know who you are............

You can get all the Hugs you want and talk about how your life if really going and what changes you can make to better your program...................

Go on a walk today to clean your inside house within you........This is the best way to do it and the fresh air will do you some good at the same time you get some exercise........................You can do it.........KEEP Coming back.........................Little Penguin
Old 01-04-2007, 01:27 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Having trouble with all the free time you have on your hands....?

get to a meeting and listen to others talk and then say what is on your mind.................it helps.......

When time allows do some writing and work the steps........Read your Big Book.......best cover to cover..........Do some foot work on what you need to get through yourself........

One thing I find helpful is the Mountain Climb through the days of recovery......this is writing down the first day of your recovery and walking yourself up to today......Where are you today compaired to the first day.....?

Notice how much you have gotten through since then......

Clean House with yourself and your program.......see what you need to work on from there.........

This is enough to work on for one day or two......You can do it and take your time..............Not need to rush any of this.....

Hugs to you .......Little Penguin
Old 01-05-2007, 08:18 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

WOW.......where have the days gone this week........The new year has taken off pretty fast .........

But no time to sluff off on your program.......keep working those steps, Cleaning your house.......and know you have the best spot in the house being in Recovery................

I am thinking of you all today and know there are days that your program can seem a bit rough ......or you just don't want to work it and do the worse thing possible................................Stay here and now and know this is a better place than where you first came from..................Recovery is your new home and you need to make yourself a comfortable place to sit and relax..........grab that coffee and stay in the now just for today...............

Little Penguin
Old 01-06-2007, 04:21 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Been reading to see what everyone was up to......sounds like some of you have trouble staying in the now....and keeping your program going......................Well.....it is time for that walk up the mountain I think..........

Get your stuff ready for the climb and know that the pool is at the top if you get too hot...........I will race you all there....

I have the shoes to make the climb and know the way....just follow me......be sure to have your paper and pencil with you.....will need it for the short breaks to work on steps and other important recovery stuff along the way.........

A part of recovery is to work every inch of it till it really sinks in...................Keep coming back and know you are in good hands in Recovery.....................Little Penguin
Old 01-07-2007, 03:47 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Ever think of cleaning house before a relative dies????

I am ......but not sure this is the right way to think about cleaning house......................I can work the steps and do the best I can ....and not worry about if I can get to the part I need to talk to a family member........

Recovery stuff is important to us all.......But trying to get some of the foot work done to accomodate a dying family member is wrong................Do the best you can just for today and go from there.....................This is your life and God is not pushing you to get things done in a timely manner........

Keep your mind on what is important for the moment ......tomarrow is another day...........

Keep coming back .........your support is here for you......................Hugs.........Little Penguin
Old 01-16-2007, 05:25 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

trying to keep a positive mind and do the steps at the same time.......................Hard to do when tired and need lots of rest..............................Keep up with your own work and don't try to do someone elses work in the program..............Only you can make progress on your own......................God will reward you for your effort......................Keep coming back...........
Little Penguin
Old 01-18-2007, 03:32 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Thinking of other things other than your program....?

Welcome to the club......we all get that way......and the best things to do are stay busy with work.......work the steps......get to some meetings........and be good to yourself...

Life has so much to offer and most of us let that offer go out the door with other things...........But not today........

Today ........do what you have put off for so long.........

Work your program in a way you have never done before........

You can do it .....ONE DAY AT A TIME.........

LIttle Penguin
Old 01-24-2007, 07:05 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

What a day it will be to clean house............having a hard time keeping up with your own recovery.? no fear.......

you are in the right place and working on clean house is one day at a time........................get to a meeting then find a place to sit and work the steps.........this is where clean house comes.

Get in a walk and know that the fresh air and exercise will get you started on thinking about what you need to work on for your personal self...................watch kids play in the park and notice how others around you are rushing around in their own little world............slow your world down...........stay away from the phone, tv and other items that make the world what it is today...............try doing without all this and see how your recovery works......................

Little Penguin
Old 01-25-2007, 09:45 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

tough day today ? when you know the day just started.......

Hit a meeting and then go on a walk to clear the air.......You can do this and get all the hugs you need from friends in the program.................Don't isolate yourself.......get out and connect with others in the program...........this is important today and every day..............................
Little Penguin
Old 01-27-2007, 06:57 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Time to have fun people...........The days are going by too fast and soon summer will be here....................Get busy and clean your inner house............this is the day to start.......get that special place you feel real good in and relax..............have that recovery book in hand with paper and pencil...........Now pray to God asking for inspiration and a little patience to get through this thought work......You can do it and set your mind on what you need to .............center your thought on Recovery and what is important to you today..........what are your goals for the future and helping you become that better person to make a difference in your life................................Just take it one moment at a time......one day at a time...................you can do this .......I know you can.................Be good to yourself.....................need help.......get to a meeting and center yourself on what you need to in preparing yourself........for your quiet times you need to get your life back when working on the steps and cleaning your house.............................LoL.........Litt le Penguin
Old 01-28-2007, 09:09 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Another day of the weekend to get lots done.........Sunshine today? Well....even if not you can have fun doing all the Recovery things you didn't do yesturday.............

Sit back and relax...................time to clean the spider webs out of the corners and wipe down the walls......Spring is coming and you need to do lots of house cleaning that you let go during the winter time...........................

No feeling depressed.........enough of that.......get up and let the program do the walking for you today..............get to a meeting and take a friend with you...........it is always nice to have someone you know along for the ride and get them introduced to the program if they need a change in their life........................sure you still have friends out there that you left behind to get your own life in motion........Reach out and help a friend once you are settled with your feet on the ground.............you may want to ask your sponsor for a bit of help with this.............

Have a good day and take it one moment at a time......be good to yourself and notice how good it feels to be doing what is important in your program .....Just for today...............

Little Penguin
Old 01-31-2007, 02:48 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Been away from the program too long.....? Need a lift in your life just for today.....?

You are in the right place and first you need to get some exercise...........................first get some fresh air......then sit back and grab that pencil and paper.......

Now you are on the right road to doing what is right for today.......................Now work the steps and clean house........................the spiders are taking over and you need to wipe them away......................Make a clean sheet for yourself.......................get your feet in the right direction and get to meetings...................touch base with your recovery buddies and let them know where you are today with your program...................................

Lots of Hugs for you....

Little Penguin
Old 02-01-2007, 06:59 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Thinking of the cleaning house thing.....?

Don't think.....get started.......lots of you are stumbling around thinking of what needs to be done...........Get the work done and know that you are not alone..................

We all have a tough time getting started.......So I suggest getting to a meeting and then work on your steps.........you will find your way and may stumble..............that is ok......it happens..........

Hang in there and don't forget to get out and stretch those legs and at the same time get some fresh air...................Stay warm...............................Little Penguin
Old 02-03-2007, 06:14 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

A little frustrated today.....never fear....God is watching out for you and reminding us all that we are not alone.........

catch a meeting and see the friends that need you most.......get all the hugs you need to keep your day going............

work the steps and know you have help when you need it most.......................Little Penguin
Old 02-09-2007, 06:55 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Slow moving today......? No energy?
Keep coming back and know that the program will help you get through the days............Meetings are good......reaching out to others in the program is wise........and being good to yourself.....................Work the steps and clean that house within..........climb the mountain to a better life...............................Little Penguin
Old 02-10-2007, 09:44 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

The sun not shinning in your area or your little life....?

Get some work done and think about your program a little .....You can do it and get to a meeting .......this is your connection in life........................don't let it go.........you need all the program stuff to keep your life in order..........................Clean house and keep the dust off ...........dust collection adds to the spider webs..........You can do it and the step work is important........................Stay with the program and know you are not alone on this..............

Little Penguin