Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 122

Old 02-28-2023, 04:04 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Happy B-Day Alpine
Thank you GP I do read through but due to my ADD responding to so many of you in one post is hard for me to do. I get stattered easily. My life LOL I love it. I'll try something to be responsive

Grateful-
-Another morning sober. Meaning another morning where I see hopeful possibilities. Hangovers squash hope.
- My family & friends. I would be lost without them.
-Eggs. All this chicken talk has me hungry for some scrambled eggs this morning
-Good movies to watch
Old 02-28-2023, 04:10 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

PS I’ll totally take the TJ’s recs! I’m in a FB group for TJ’s but so far I just get overwhelmed. So many things to try! Which is how i feel when i go in the store
Zura, hope the stress and overwhelm dissipates some
Hev, maybe don’t find the mini eggs. I find them quite addictive.

Grateful
-that my son went from being completely against going over to our friends’ for dinner (it was the wrong night, i shouldn’t plan things on weekdays, i should know better than to plan things when he’s in a bad mood, seeing friends in a bad mood is not a good idea, etc) to wanting to go do the same thing every week and talking about how he and his friends can make anything fun.
-for old friends and that they are game to try and take a summer trip with us even though our family has changed, and that they were willing to think through creative ideas to make it possible (e.g. boys’ house v. Girls house
-to have only one short meeting today
-that yesterday felt like I mostly had enough time. That is a rare but welcome feeling
-for all of you
Old 02-28-2023, 04:37 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 02-28-2023, 06:24 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

NL, I hesitate to rec this because I know you're a connisseur - but have you tried TJ's dumpling selection? The chicken soup ones are my favorite, but I also love the vegetable gyoza. Other favorites include the pizzas (one has pesto and a "deep fried" crust, which sounds terrible but isn't greasy). I've never had a bad pizza from there. I've also heard great things about the Indian meals, although I don't love Indian food as a general rule so I'm a poor judge. There are so many other amazing things, but I will stop there for now. And I know people judge frozen food, but personally I think one could do much worse with the crazy scheduled we're trying to manage - AND without turning us back to drinking.
Fearless, your comment about setting boundaries and being direct while also loving is exactly what I needed to hear today.

Grateful for coffee, it was great this morning.
Grateful my feelings of depression seem to be lifting a little bit.
Grateful for telework days and office days - a combination is ideal.
Grateful for the distraction of the Murdaugh trial, a reminder that bright and shiny things are so rarely what they seem. So sorry for the many victims of this family's actions.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 02-28-2023, 06:54 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Zura, so sorry you feel stressed and overwhelmed and hope it passes soon! You have great coping skills!
Alpine, glad you can enjoy spicy food again. Ahhh, I’d love to have a fish tank too to add to the list of relaxing things.
Free, glad you reconsidered about the job
Zencat ❤️
Numblady, that sounds like progress with your son 😊
Palmer, I agree TJs has some good and healthy frozen meals. Love their Indian and Vietnamese frozen meals. I’m so glad your depression is lifting
Grateful to watch Monty Python last night with the boys. I was not allowed to watch growing up. It was considered blasphemous. Grateful for a different perspective
Grateful things are I proving with Mr F. He said some hurtful things over the weekend that he didn’t really intend to but it did some damage. Grateful I can be truly honest with him and not hide my feelings. Grateful he takes responsibility. He still needs to kiss my a— some more though. lol
Grateful it was t too bad catching up at work after vaca
Grateful for all of you
Old 02-28-2023, 09:21 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Zura - The ISA Browns look like ideal chickies. Yours are probably lovely too.
Free - I'm glad you had that realization about the job. It's so hard to know what will be best for us.
Numb - Ok, not going to seek them. Thanks for saving me.
Palmer - Murdaugh trial - not the slam dunk I expected. He's an excellent actor.
Fearless - Was it 'Life of Brian'? My son loved MP.
Grateful our wimpy snow storm is over.
Grateful to be sleeping better. The feeling of unease I normally have seems to have left.
Grateful for people who get us. There are too few in a lifetime.
Love you, GP.
Old 02-28-2023, 09:30 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Checking in on my lunch break.

Grateful for a beautiful day.
Grateful my boss gives me so much independence.
Grateful I get to play tennis after work.
Grateful for these GF Chicken Pot Pies I discovered at the local GF bakery. They are expensive but delicious!
Grateful for the Grat Pack. And Grateful for SR but please brings back the Thanks button!

Here are my daughter's(foster) sleepy kittens from the other night to brighten your day.

Old 03-01-2023, 02:44 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Free, that sounds like a great idea. From your posts, the other place seemed like there was a fair amount of turmoil, someone was just fired right? Good luck to you. Still waiting to see that quilt.
Grateful the rain snow mix didn't turn into freezing rain
Grateful we went out for dinner which is a rarity, we went for a day late birthday dinner. However, it makes us realize that we do prefer to eat at home and prefer the foods I cook. We will just stick with our favorite local hamburger place if we are out and about. Far cheaper and more enjoyable.
Grateful for sewing and working on a new quilt. It is keeping me distracted from not so fun situations. I don't want to work on anything too complicated right now because my head just isn't thinking clearly. It is a lot of work cutting out all that fabric. lol
Grateful I put a bin by the window which I have my sewing machine at and Riley pup curls up on the box to be near me and he can look out the window.
Grateful for all of you
Old 03-01-2023, 03:43 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Hey all

So I've finally succumbed to the cold that everyone seems to be catching at the moment. But...I'm grateful I only had one client today so I was able to cancel and spend the day taking it easy

Grateful for a good session with my supervisor yesterday
Grateful that the new front door is now done
Grateful for the BFI Player - some great movies on there and only a fiver a month
Grateful I've got food in so I don't have to go out
Grateful to be alive. Grateful for another day
Grateful to be sober and with all of you

Numblady – I wish I had the skills to have done the building myself, but sadly I can hardly change a plug!
(Cadbury's mini eggs. The best..........)

Palmer – great you're getting some nice time with your son

CBS – Spanish moss -so that what that is. Thank you. I've only ever seen it in films and TV programmes. It's kinda magical

Zura - I hope you're feeling better now, less frazzled. I find deep, slow breathing really helps

Old 03-01-2023, 04:22 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful to mark 5000 days sober today.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 03-01-2023, 04:26 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

GRATEFUL FOR FBL’S 5000 DAYS SOBER!
PS those recs are awesome. Great place to get started! And as for dumplings I am a lover but definitely wouldn’t call myself a connoisseur. I just love them! It’s like coffee. I’m pretty much an equal opportunity consumer. And as for people judging freezer meals, that is silly. I’m just impressed if I can even plan ahead to defrost or remember what is in there. Makes me sad when people get sanctimonious about food. Also glad the depression is maybe lifting but understandable why you might be feeling blue with your mom’s passing, the weight of your husband’s illness, your dad, and all the travails of ordinary life.
CBS, awww thanks for the kitten pic. Also my recipe that didn’t turn out great (but that was kind of my fault in this case…) but was still decent was a chicken pot pie. Not GF though.
Zura, btw also great job on the lettuce! I am with you on the plastic cheese etc. At least you have something green in yours!
Alpine, I don’t blame you for wanting to keep the focus uncomplicated right now.
Jack, hope you feel better.
Hi to everyone else I missed or who is just passing by.

Grateful
- for another light meeting day
- that my son’s new medicine may actually be helping. Trying not to get my hopes too high but he worked with a tutor last night pretty successfully and was saying how he’s able to pay attention better in class.
- that friends may offer some non-screen adventures for my son over spring break (one family taking him on a camp out, another maybe taking him to their family ranch)
- for therapy tomorrow
- that my headache is not caused by self destruction
- for the GP.
Old 03-01-2023, 05:30 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Grateful for
-seeing thousands upon thousands of sand hill cranes flying in the Midwest yesterday, with a sign nearby that proclaimed “Sandhill capitol of the World”
-getting home safely despite blizzard conditions in the mountains and a cow that broke out of the slaughter truck (yay, cow!)
-managed to get my resume uploaded for a different job I’m interested in
-for sleeping in my bed last night
-for quiet or absent renters upstairs
-for coffee
-for all of you
Old 03-01-2023, 06:53 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Free, that poor cow. Glad you made it home safe
Jack, I really hope you feel better soon. Cadbury eggs are just the best. I only dream of them now 😊
Numblady, glad your sons medication is working so far!
FBL, 5k! So great! Congrats grateful for your consistent reliable presence here
Hev, we watched Holy Grail Mon night and Life of Brian last night. We will watch a meaning of Life next
CBS, the kitties are so adorable
Alpine, I tend to prefer food at home these days too for the same reasons
Turps, hope you are doing well!
Grateful for a break in the rain and a sunny day
Grateful one sleepless night does t have to lead to another
Grateful for a second espresso
Grateful to meet a friend for lunch today. A new work friend. I don’t believe she drinks
Grateful to support another friend going through some hard life stuff
Grateful for a light work day. I really do have it good!
Grateful to break out my gardening folder and start planning some plantings
Grateful for this special place that always starts my day off great!
Old 03-01-2023, 07:14 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Busy day - just stopping in to say I'm grateful for our little family here.
Old 03-01-2023, 08:50 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Good morning 🌞

Seems I missed posting my grats yesterday. I'm all out of whack now and don't know where to start replying. I'll start fresh tomorrow morning ☺️. However big congratulations to FBL on 5000 days! 🥳.

This morning I am grateful:
- that my anxiety calmed down quickly the other day.
- for a hard but fun day yesterday.
- for the self gift of new "toys" (household appliances) to play with that might make housework easier and there for motivate me to keep the house cleaner. Unfortunately the garden gets the priority attention 😂 and nothing gets my son's attention so the poor house can sometimes feel neglected 😂.
- many seedlings to plant from the nursery. I forgot to start my brassica veg seeds on time and it's now too late to start from seed but grateful I realised my mistake early enough to put in seedlings. I will have to inspect carefully for caterpillar eggs as the brassica destroying Cabbage White Butterflies were hanging out with them at the nursery 😬.
- for everyone here, love to you all ❤️.
Old 03-01-2023, 10:05 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

FBL, congrats on 5000 days! Grateful for your presence here.
Alpine, doing uncomplicated projects, for gentle distraction, seems like very good self-care. Hugs to you.
Free, so glad you got to see the Sandhill Cranes! They are quite a beautiful sight! The cranes have been wintering in the California central valley, not far from where I live. They are starting to head back north now, so I've probably had my last sighting for the year.
NL, hopeful that your son's medication will continue to help.
Jack, hope you recover quickly from the cold.
PS, glad your depression is lifting a bit. It's very understandable .. the loss of a parent has such a huge impact on body, mind and spirit.
CBS, thank you for the kittens!

Grateful this morning for some quiet time to journal this morning. Sorted through some anxieties and unhelpful thoughts, and feel a bit more grounded.
Grateful to have a day "off" with no meetings, going to drive out to a nature area and birdwatch a bit.
Grateful for a massage I got last night spontaneously .. very soothing. Need to do that more often.
Grateful for this group.
Old 03-01-2023, 05:09 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Really late grats today. Almost bed time. But hey I made it.
Hi to all here!
FBL congrats on 5000 days! So 13.69 years!
Turs birdwatching sounds lovely.
Zura glad your anxiety did not last.
Fearless I had a not so good night last night too sleep wise. That means we should sleep well tonight.
Free so glad you are home and got to see all the Sandhill Cranes. Good luck with the job search.
NL I hope your head feels better.
Jack I hope you are on the mend soon.
(((Alpine))) I am glad the sewing is helping keep you occupied.

Grateful I was able to help my daughter who is not feeling well. I picked my granddaughter up from school and then took her to tutoring and now she is spending the night so her mommy can rest and get better.
Grateful said granddaughter finally calmed down after she got the zooms her dinner and bath. She is now doing her 1st grade homework.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for my home, food, plumbing, heat and AC.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 03-02-2023, 02:15 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Hey all

Doing a grat-n-run today. Bit behind.

SO grateful to be sober and cigarette-free
Grateful to be over that cold (thanks for the well-wishes)
Grateful for a really nourishing conversation with a friend
Grateful for SR and for all of you. It's really amazing!
Grateful that sobriety is growing slowly in the culture

Love to one and all
Old 03-02-2023, 02:15 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

CB, that is great you live close you your daughter and granddaughter to be able to help out.
Grateful Mr. A is going with me to my appointment today. He will ask questions,. He is a big researcher and question asker which is helpful.
Grateful for my sundried tomatoes, sausage, spinach noodle meal I made last night. All that was missing was parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. My MIL wouldn't like that meal so I had to wait to move until I could make it for Mr. A and I
Grateful the sun came out a few times
Grateful Free got to see all of those cranes
Grateful for all of you
Old 03-02-2023, 04:23 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Alpine I had that same thought about how cool it is CBS lives close to granddaughter like that. So good for all involved! Also, I’m so glad for you that you are in your own space and cooking what you want more. G/L in appt!
Zura you should definitely never feel pressure on the responses though I will say you are especially good at them! May those cabbage eaters stay away. I basically gave up on all things cruciferous after cabbage loopers or whatever they were ravaged so much of what i had. Then again I kind of gave up on gardening generally so there’s that!

Grateful
- that I kept my mind open enough to watch a Brene Brown talk on Netflix. I have mixed feelings about her stuff including about this talk but I have to say it was very well done and gave some good food for thought, especially around the stories we tell ourselves
-that part of the talk was about the role of gratitude in resilience and I guess just in general. Idk that’s part of my problem with these things…it all feels kind of abstract even though I know it is grounded in hard data
- for a therapy appointment today.
- for having/making time to think about how to live a happier/better life
- to choose joy and do something really silly last night which was…singing karaoke by myself.
- for the beautiful GP family.