Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 122

Old 02-26-2023, 09:44 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Jack, it’s good to know we can get our misery refunded if we want to. But why would we? Lol. Seriously, I love that quote and I love your wisdom here!
Numblady, that is a good piece about time surplus/time famine. So true. I’m really glad your ex came through with the bday plans even though it wasn’t ideal
PS, glad for your husbands PET results and good to see you
Zencat, like the wellness practice ideal. I need to re-implement mine
Free, lol. I am having a love affair with my cat Charlie
Turps, I guess I missed that about the shoulder surgery. Sorry to hear that. Good to know others have commented about personal or friends good experiences.
CBS, the mentoring is through a work program. Wow-38 years is amazing!
Alpine, crock pot barbocoa. Sounds delish. Glad you are thinking about a canoe camping trip. Fun!

Grateful when a door closes, another one opens. Always
Grateful to buy sonny boy something he wanted on Amazon and it made him so happy
Grateful the beef stroganoff did not turn out. I know what to do different next time to make it better. Grateful if we never made mistakes, we’d never have opportunities to learn and improve
Grateful to catch up with close friends yesterday, to hear very good news about a lot going on in their life when things have been so difficult in so many ways for a very long time
Grateful to once again be reevaluating some friendships that don’t serve me. Glad I have a lot of friends and can choose who I want in my life
Grateful to be meeting up with friend and her daughter to go to a beauty expo and lunch
the daughter is a young teen learning to use makeup. It is very cute. My friend asked if I could help teach since she wears no makeup at all. I won’t leave the house without lots of it
Grateful for my sobriety
Old 02-26-2023, 10:06 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Alpine & Free - Um, yeah - you're right. No Fla Keys in summer. Will wait 'til fall.
Jack - When I was in London many years ago I never thought to go to the library. Wish I had. Loved your city.
PalmerSage - Tubthumping - yes, that was my intention. Wonder what happened to Chumbawamba. Grateful your hub's scans are mostly ok.
CBS - We've been to Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills, Nags Head - but it's been years. Thanks for the reminder. The pics are gorgeous!
Fearless - Same with the makeup. I've toned it down over the years - no blue eye shadow or dark red lipstick.
Grateful for more sun today.
Grateful MrH joined a gym & will be swimming, etc. I might ease into it at some point - no long term commitments.
Grateful it isn't a Sunday from the past - hungover & miserable thinking of Monday.
Grateful for all the good stuff you've shared today.
Just plain old grateful.

Old 02-26-2023, 11:43 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Good morning all 🌞

Hope everyone is well ❤️

This morning I am grateful for:
- some lovely edible goodies from the patch.
- finally getting into a grove with preserving the produce.
- watching my chicken eat a corn cob. It tickled me so to watch her working out that if she put her claw on it it wouldn't roll away as she pecked. Simple things.
- for being 'swooped' by a large orchard swallowtail butterfly while watering (my orchard). It was funny thinking it was a bird when it was in my peripheral vision then seeing it was just a flutterby 😂.

Best wishes and love to all ❤️.
Old 02-26-2023, 03:11 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am grateful for having a decent night's sleep, after waking up at 4 am for no reason.

Grateful that when I went back to bed, Billie was still in her snuggle position waiting for me to come to bed...
Old 02-27-2023, 03:00 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Grateful Free got her quilt and quilting supplies back. This made me smile. Can't wait to see some pictures
CB, that looks like a lovely place to go
Fear, I do not have too many friends myself, that is partly because I tend to be a bit of a loner. However, the older I have gotten I too have reevaluated people in my life and if they don't add to it and only detract from it I try to keep my distance..inclduding family members. Grateful you will be helping with the makeup, I have never worn it myself so I would be at a loss if I had a daughter that wanted to learn.
Grateful Mr. H joined the gym. That's probably going to help with his recovery from knee surgery
Grateful we picked up a cheese cake yesterday for my birthday today
Grateful to see baby chicks at a store yesterday. So darn cute
Grateful we live in a rural area..no crowds, no traffic, beautiful countryside
Grateful for leftover barbacoa
Grateful for all of you
Old 02-27-2023, 03:36 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Grateful I'm here sober to celebrate our friend's birthday!

Old 02-27-2023, 03:53 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Morning all

Having some building work today so I'm gonna have to stay indoors all day with a whole lot of drilling and hammering, so I'm grateful for dinner with friends this evening - I'll be more than ready to escape by then!
Grateful that a student cancelled this morning. I need the money but I'll take the time
Grateful the sun is coming out as I type this
Grateful for some nice things to look forward to this week
Grateful to my parents for all they did for me and my sister growing up.
Grateful for a nice Zoom catch-up yesterday with an old good friend
Grateful to be alive and sober

Alpine - the Happiest of Happy Birthdays to you!

Free - lovely you got tohug your daughter. There should be more hugs in the world

Zencat – loved reading your post. So much nature. It sounds lovely

CBS – Great photo. What's all the dangling weedy stuff called. I love it

Fearless - "when a door closes, another one opens" - thank you for this
Old 02-27-2023, 04:16 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

GP,

Happy, birthday, to you, ALPINE, Happy birthday, to youuuuuuuuuuu!!!!

What a wonderful gift you are, to so many here, and in your immediate life.

Big, big hugs, to you today, as you celebrate the gift of life you have been given.

We are ALL so grateful for you ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍🤎
Old 02-27-2023, 04:21 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Grateful for-

​​​​​—the GP
_ SR
—coffee
—reconnecting with old friends last night, and their willingness to see us last minute
—for a lovely time with my daughter, and her husband is lovely
—for rubbing my daughters baby baby bump
—for peace, something I’ve longed for and chased while drinking, and find quickly now I am choosing sobriety
—for decent sleep after tossing and turning for a while

Old 02-27-2023, 04:22 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Alpine, Happy Happy Bday!!! You are a rock star.
Free, does that mean your ex just got rid of the sewing cabinet? I’m so sorry if that is the case.
PS, I’m so glad for whenever you do come by. I completely thought of that song too. Glad Hev put it in our heads. It also reminds me of a funny thing on the Simpsons. All I can remember is it was Homer botching the lyrics. That kind of stinks about the running commentary when you’re doing stuff around the house. But I’m so glad the PET results are overall positive.
Jack, I’m impressed you can do any building! I wish i knew stuff and things
Turs, that sounds like a pretty decent rabbit hole to go down. I didn’t know one of the authors had a Ted Talk. May have to look that up. I’m definitely liking the book and it’s both motivating me but also putting into stark remove how lonely i have been for so long. Having someone I shared my life with who was utterly unavailable to me as a support and who actively degraded me, combined with ongoing struggles with the kids especially my son and then the struggle to find the time to do the things I want to do while working a busy job, trying to raise said kids, and maintain this house…it’s a lot. Whoa sorry that went on and was whinier than I intended. Sorry!
Fearless, I think it’s good to reevaluate relationships like that. I had this dream that I was doing just that and had kind of written off one friend but then she showed up literally while another friend was crying and saying she didn’t want to see that friend but I’m so conflict averse I just worked on trying ot make them both be okay with being around one another. Uhhh, clearly I have lots of opportunities for improvement here.
Zura, loved the image of your little hen working out the corn cob puzzle.
least, that sounds so delightful snuggling with Billie.
CK, awesome meme!
CBS, my recipe was not really a success. And it had meat in it but i am with you on needing new recipes. Or just any recipes my kids will eat. I got this magazine of hte 100 most popular recipes from all recipes and i figured that would be a good place to start but honestly I haven’t had the greatest luck with recipes that are popular on that site. I’ll give a few more a try and we’ll see.
Hev, that’s good about the gym!
Hi to FBL and anyone and everyone else

Grateful
- my daughter asked to spend the afternoon with me and I of course took her up on it. Spent more money than I intended but as they get older I realize I’ve got to grab time together when they are up for it.
- my son was in a peaceful mood last night
- for friends hosting my son and I for dinner tonight
- for Cadbury mini eggs
- that I successfully finished a (virtual) group ride. I have tried this one several times and not even been able to complete it.
- to get a work deliverable that is time sensitive out the door last night
- for refrigerators and freezers
- for the GP
Old 02-27-2023, 04:40 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Thanks for the Birthday wishes. I greatly appreciate it!!
Old 02-27-2023, 04:47 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for a brand new week of sober adventures.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 02-27-2023, 05:02 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Here 2 days in a row - is this a new record?
Happy birthday, Alpine!!! CK - always love to see an Office gif.
Talking about frozen food, my family absolutely lives on weekday meals from Trader Joe's, especially when my kids were little it absolutely saved me (and supplementing with fresh vegetables because I used to be really good like that - not so much anymore!) If anyone needs suggestions, I'm your girl.
Fearless, I feel like stroganoff is a rare word to hear these days - my dad absolutely LOVES hamburger stroganoff, as do my husband and son, so I make it pretty often. It is extremely unhealthy but of course, tastes great.
NL, that is so profound about loneliness and just overall lack of support. I'm so happy you're making such positive changes for yourself. I can relate to so much of what you share.
CBS and Hev, love the talk of the OBX. We've been going to Duck and Corolla since our kids were born, so many happy memories with my ILs. And CBS - congrats on the 800 days and a long and compatible marriage!
Free, so happy you're connecting with old friends and family during your travels.

Grateful for coffee. Even "meh" coffee is pretty good.
Grateful for a telework day.
Grateful I cleaned my bedroom yesterday. It had really become a cluttered mess, which makes me so stressed out and just overwhelmed. I felt so much better after it was done.
Grateful to be getting my car back from the shop soon. I'm tired of driving loaners for most of the time I've had my new car (or so it seems).
Grateful my husband has some travel planned this week, it allows me to spend 1:1 bonding time with my younger son.
Grateful to be sober.

Old 02-27-2023, 07:06 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Zura, grateful for your always cheerful attitude and humor
Alpine, super big happy birthday! Enjoy the cheesecake!
Free, so nice to catch up with old friends and enjoy time with family too
Grateful least has Billie
Numblady, I am conflict averse too so I get it. I’m getting better handling family conflicts more calmly and firmly yet lovingly. I think I have the ability and confidence to be more direct with certain friends if they say or do something hurtful. But if it’s such a pattern, especially if I’ve said something about it before, I figure why waste my time- the person isn’t going to change. Alcohol (and marijuana) is responsible for a lot of this. I feel I’ve grown mature in my sobriety but those who continue to drink or use have increased their use and it affects their behavior. It is sad but it also makes me so grateful I quit. Grateful for my friends who are teetotal for whatever reason
Palmer, yes, perhaps it’s better the stroganoff wasn’t great 😂
Grateful for all those bonding with their teens while there’s still time ❤️
Grateful to accept my family the way we are. Not every family needs to have the same routines to be happy. Just like our individual selves, we are all unique units.
Grateful to switch things up and spend time in the am in the living room and admire the open space view instead of the family room with the blinds closed. Daisy adapted quickly and came right in here to join me on my lap 🐱 😊
Grateful to be back to work today and for remote work
Grateful for things that stay the same but also for things that change

Old 02-27-2023, 09:51 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Alpine - Hope your birthday is going great! Sending you lots of love. Please have many more.
Zura - What kind of chicken or chickens do you have? My niece has Orpingtons. She's named them all & claims she can tell them apart.
Numb - It's fine to sprinkle a few whines in with our grats. Cadbury mini eggs? I've only seen the regular size. Must search.
Palmer - My cousin loves Duck the best. I imagine there will be a lot more hotels & restaurants in the area since I was last there 20 yrs. ago.
Grateful I don't have to go out in the snow that will arrive later today.
Grateful birds are at the feeders, getting ready for the storm.
Grateful for a hangover-less Monday.
Grateful we are all sober & clearheaded as we grow and learn.
Old 02-27-2023, 10:10 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Happy birthday dear Alpine!
NL, I hear ya on the loneliness. I was never really able to cultivate a good social network in the past. And I don't even have the excuse of raising kids -- Mr. T's kids were grown when I joined the family. But with work, hanging out with Mr. T, hobbies, and taking care of a house, I just didn't get to it. Now that I finally have the time, and the motivation due to losing Mr. T, I'm finally building a real network for myself (mostly through volunteering with my spiritual community). Grateful for that.
Palmer, true confession, when my grandson is visiting me he lives on nothing but Trader Joe's mac n cheese Well, he'll also eat avocado and fruit, thank goodness.
Free, so glad you connected with your daughter and her husband.
Zura, thank you for the mental image of a swallowtail butterfly!
Jack, hope that hammering isn't too bad.
Grateful for a lovely brunch with the kids and grandkids yesterday. Grateful Mr. T left me his family.
Grateful for time to paint last night.
Grateful for more rain.
Grateful for this group.
Old 02-27-2023, 11:04 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

HaPpY Birthday Alpine! I hope you are having a great day.
Jack the stuff on the live oak trees is called Spanish Moss. I think it will only survive on trees within a certain distance of the ocean in tropical and sub tropical locations.

Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for a nice belated bday dinner at my daughter's along with kitten playtime.
Grateful my work day is almost over. Mondays are stressful.
Grateful to be home safe from our long weekend.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Old 02-27-2023, 05:03 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Good morning 🌞 (just 😂 )

Feeling super stressed and overwhelmed today so I will just send out a general well wish to all! And ofcourse happy birthday Alpine and belated wishes to CBS for a few days ago!

Oh and heaven - I thought I was getting Isa Browns but turns out they were a cross breed from a commercial chicken/egg company but they look like Isa Browns. I believe your daughter probably can tell them apart....but then again I'm sure my son was mixing up chickens when we had more then one. He was very adamant he was a ight ofcourse....I was sceptical. He tends to not pay attentiin so I'm sure I'm right!! 😂

This morning I am grateful for:
- better coping skills and increased self care.
- really enjoying the flavour of my tomato, onion and lettuce (which is actually green not barely green like the supermarkets). Makes I worth the effort. Even if I had it on white bread with 'plastic" cheese, store bought mayonnaise and processed meat 😂. I'll get there lol.
- deep breathing.

Have a wonderful day everyone ❤️.
Old 02-28-2023, 02:21 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Grateful for my family here on SR and the birthday wishes and yes Hevyn, it is my plan to have many more
Grateful we stayed in last night vs going out for dinner because as I was cooking a snow storm came rolling in.
Grateful for the chicken tinga I made last night and now that I am not cooking for my MIL too I can add more spice/heat to it. Yummm
Grateful for the text messages I got from a couple of friends saying happy birthday.
Grateful we..or I should say Mr. A made a fire in the fire place last night. I love watching the flames through the doo. They say several relaxing things are to pet a dog, watch a fire and look at a fish tank. I got all but the fish tank so I should be pretty relaxed.
Old 02-28-2023, 03:58 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Grateful for-

​​​​​​—coffee
—good nights sleep at hotel - didn’t know it was possible, but it IS rare
—ALL of you! ( I miss the thanks button😫
—that others recognize plastic cheese, nitrate ridden lunch meat, etc. My kids have never had it ((Zura 😁
—for heading home today
—for realizing I don’t want the job I’ve been vying for for six weeks. People in my country in high political office had an easier time getting their positions, it seems, jeesh
—getting another response for a less paying job that is three days a week, hopefully can interview before I leave town again

lots of LOVE ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️