Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 122

Old 02-25-2023, 04:30 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Jack, glad you are on the mend
least, glad you’ve earned the right to sleep whenever 🤓
Old 02-25-2023, 04:47 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

CBS, oh you are making me want to go to the beach.
Fearless, good job making lemonade on the trip!
Free, ditto on what you said about reading all the posts. I love starting my morning that way even if I don’t do individual responses.

Grateful:
-for very solid sleep. I think the vaccine I got (tetanus/dtap) is making me tired and hurting my head. They said it shouldn’t really do anything but feels like it has laid me out a bit.
-that I can do yoga at home and have such a vast selection of classes and teachers
-that I can do meetings from home
-for the kids being with their dad more this weekend
-for a day with no commitments, just a lot of to-dos
-for friends giving me comfort over a big mistake i made at work
-for the GP and SR
Old 02-25-2023, 04:50 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Free, I love your way of thinking..I like to bring our own meals too
Grateful I heard back regarding the referral
Grateful I am retired so my schedule is very flexible for these appointments
Grateful for homemade pizza last night
Old 02-25-2023, 04:57 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 02-25-2023, 06:26 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hello Grat Pack.
Grateful for another day at the beach. It is cloudy but we have had 2 gorgeous days. Still looking for dolphins.
Grateful for no commitments. I did bring down a box of my mother's old photos that I may look through. And we will try to take a walk on the beach when the rain subsides later.
Grateful for 800 days of sobriety.
Grateful for this condo rental. It has everything we need.
Grateful for mother nature and all her beauty.
Grateful for the GP and SR.
Old 02-25-2023, 09:53 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

CBS, happy 800 days, and so glad you're getting this break at the beach.
Alpine, grateful you heard back on the referral. We're with you in spirit.
NL, hope the vaccine effects ease quickly.
Jack, glad you're feeling better.
Least, glad you can rest!

Grateful for a day with no commitments, just quiet time to myself. Grateful tomorrow is mostly quiet too.
Grateful we've gotten more rain (and even a little snow!) as we need it.
Grateful for time with grandbabies last night.
Grateful my friend came through shoulder surgery just fine, and grateful she has two friends staying with her to help her recover.
Grateful for all of you. I read every post, every day. xoxo
Old 02-25-2023, 10:30 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Free - The wedding throw is so beautiful. Wonderful job.
Grateful it's staying light outside longer. Not pitch black while having dinner.
Grateful for good quality frozen dinners. (I remember the TV dinners of old in the metal trays. )
Grateful to begin some summer travel plans. Visiting sister in Virginia (near DC), Maine, Outer Banks, possibly Florida Keys.
Grateful for today's posts. Enjoy your weekend, GP.
Old 02-25-2023, 11:21 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hev, the Mile High Comics place is the largest comic store in the nation. SB could have spent all day there 😊 Glad you are planning travel. Love Florida keys
Turps, glad you are thinking about travel too. Plus you got to spend time with grand babies
CBS, happy belated birthday! Enjoy the beach
Numblady, hope the vaccine effects have worn off. Glad you got support around the work mistake. I hear you on that one
Alpine, glad you’ve got the referral
Least, so nice to be able to sleep whenever you want
Jack, something about what you said about being grateful for unwritten future resonated with me. Perhaps we should be embracing the unpredictability and life mystery’s
Grateful to be selected to be a mentor
Grateful to resolve a billing issue
Grateful for rare snow here where I live. Planning a drive to go check it out up on the mountain
Grateful Charlie woke me from a terrible dream that I don’t remember, just that it was terrible. He snuggled up next to me and let me spoon with him. Grateful for his soft purring which soothed me back to sleep.
Grateful to do a little bit of work so Monday won’t be overwhelming
Grateful to make beef stroganoff in the crockpot
Grateful sonny boy has such an awesome group of friends and their parents. So lucky
Grateful for each of you ❤️
Old 02-25-2023, 01:36 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hevyn, I am loving it being lighter later too. It is a bit different from where I moved from, especially in the summer.
Old 02-26-2023, 02:51 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hey all

Having a lazy morning -coffee in bed :-)
Grateful for a really fun night last night with a friend who also really needed cheering up. We laughed a lot
Grateful for the British Library - a great place to go and work quietly for free
Grateful for a nice compliment from a friend yesterday
Grateful to my sister who is being a massive help sorting out some family stuff at the moment
Grateful to be in a cheerful mood
(Heard a great quote today: If you ever get tired of being sober, your misery will be refunded)

NumbLady– I hope the effects of the vaccine wear off - that's annoying

Alpine - glad you got news with the referral and you're managing the schedule

CBS - 800 days!!!! That's is spectacular and brilliant and you should be so proud. Thank you for your example

Tursiops - glad you got somequiet time - it's so nice, so important. We're human beings, not human doings :-)

Hev - loved reading about your summer travel plans. Would love to see those places

Fearless - You'll be a great mentor :-)
Old 02-26-2023, 03:06 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Good morning all!!
Grateful I slept fairly well
Grateful we brought over from my MIL's wood to burn and used our fireplace for the first time in our new to us home. Loved it!
Grateful for the crockpot barbacoa that I made for dinner last night and now there are leftovers for a few more meals
Hevyn, we want to go back to Main too. As for The Keys in the summer...You are way tougher than me. I do not like the heat or humidity. Can't wait to see some pictures
Grateful, all medical things aside, that we hope to do more canoe camping this year. Just have to wait and see of course. I may have some limitations with my leg.
Grateful for all of you
Old 02-26-2023, 03:59 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Grateful to wake up sober and clean this morning.

Have a nice Sunday Graters!

Old 02-26-2023, 04:43 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hev, YES on the frozen meals being so much better these days. I am regularly paralyzed by the selection but also happy to have found some Indian food that I think is really good and makes for a perfect little lunch. It’s not all that cheap but I like that it is so simple and allows some more variety.
Jack, love that quote.

Grateful
-for a quote I heard yesterday about when the person was drinking the problem and the solution grew at the same rate
- for this quote from the book I am reading (the Good Life): “On one hand we sense a time famine and feel that there’s just not enough time in the day to do everything that we need to do, let alone that we want to do. On the other hand, we tend to think that in some unspecified future we will have a time surplus, as if we’ll get to a place in our lives where the kinds of things capturing our time right now will cease to consume us.”
-to have contact with a lot of friends yesterday, mostly by text but also a phone call
- to be trying a new recipe tonight and for the time and bit of mental bandwidth needed to plan something like that
-for my ex handling my son’s bday party. He would never help with any of the kids’ bday parties and then would just complain about what I planned so this is a welcome change. He waited until the last minute to invite my son’s friends so it’s a small crew — but I haven’t had to do anything and that is about all I can ask for.
-for all of you.
Old 02-26-2023, 05:40 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Good. Morning GP

Hev, I’m like Alpine, never Florida for me either, I’m a cooler weather lady. Thanks the afghan was fun to make— my daughter is moving to Virginia, near DC…….small world
Jack, so cool some friends keep coming to you for guidance and sharing their drinking issues
Fearless, for a moment, I thought,” WHO is That?” I cracked up when the person you were spooning was your kitty 😅🤣😁
Turs and CBS, it’s nice to not have comittments
NL, agree, my temporary retirement is just PACKED. Sounds like a good book, and so,glad your support system is widening with sober friends. My ex also stepped up after divorce. He also told me once “You were RIGHT”. Why didn’t that happen when we were married?
CK, hello, friend !

Old 02-26-2023, 05:46 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Grateful,got,to hug daughter and meet SIL. They look like babies to me 😬😍
-for coffee
-for quilt and quilting supplies back (pleasant supplies on quilting supplies and cutting boards)
-for a fairly decent night sleep in hotel
-for meeting some old time friends tonight as I will NEVER come back to this state in the midwest
-for letting my anger out only slightly re:ex husband, asking at dinner last night, “so, is it illegal to ‘arrange’ an accident for my ex husband?” “Oh, it is? ☹️. Ok. Never mind”. No sewing cabinet to pick up………😡🤬

Love to,all
Old 02-26-2023, 05:48 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Turs, shoulder replacement is the easiest of all the replacement surgeries as it is non weight bearing glad to hear friend is doing well, and that your area received rain
Old 02-26-2023, 06:01 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hi all,coming back in after another unplanned break. Why is it so hard for me to get back into a routine?
Hev, your comment about getting back up again has caused me to have the song "Tubthumping" stuck in my head...helllp.
CBS, happy birthday!!! I love the photo and your comment about listening to the ocean while you fall asleep.
Free, I hope you have fun with your daughter!
Turs, I live vicariously through you and your solo trips.
Fearless, it sounds like you definitely made the best of your trip, where so many things didn't go as planned.

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful to get some things accomplished on a quick trip to see my older son at college. Grateful to stay mostly calm while he kind of melted down.
Grateful to come home and have easy interactions with my younger son - kind of like a palate cleanser - ha!
Grateful my husband's PET scan results are pretty positive.
Grateful my husband is golfing today, so I can get things done without running commentary/questions/suggestions.
Grateful for my sweet dogs.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 02-26-2023, 06:52 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

:wavey Hi everybody. Wishing all wellness and hope.

Grateful
  • Coffee.
  • Cat.
  • SR comrades of a noble cause.
  • Health even with a small cold today.
  • An active wellness practice.
  • Free solar heating today from east facing windows.
Old 02-26-2023, 08:13 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

PS good to hear from you. Glad your husband's PET scan was mostly good news.
NL I need to try some new recipes. I have a rotation that is getting kind of boring and we are trying to eat less meat too so we need more vegetarian meals.
Jack great that you were able to cheer up your friend.
Alpine we are going canoe camping with our granddaughter in a few weeks. Weather permitting. We are going to Merchants Millpond. We went there last year. It is a beautiful Cypress swamp near the Virginia NC border.
Fearless what kind of mentor are you going to be?
Turs my mother had both of her shoulders replaced. One at a time and it went well.
Hev the Outer Banks are beautiful but the surf is pretty rough and the wind is usually quite strong there.The lower NC beaches are a little more tame. When the kids were little we found the Outer Banks too much for them. But it is a great place for surfing and windsurfing and inventing aviation!

Grateful for a relaxing long weekend at the beach.
Grateful to be heading home and my youngest is making dinner for my belated birthday gathering with both daughters. She also has two 8 week old kittens that she is fostering. Fun!
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful we took a lovley walk at a botanical garden yesterday.
Grateful my husband and I are so compatible after 38 years of marriage.
Grateful for SR and the GP.

Old 02-26-2023, 09:35 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Beautiful pics CBS!
NL, grateful that your comment about The Good Life book sent me down a rabbit hole to a Ted Talk by the author. The thesis is that the key to the good life is our relationships -- not just with partners but with friends, family, community. That was a good reminder for me today. Sometimes I dream of skipping off to the south pacific to go diving for like .. 3 years or something, because I love it so much. But I need to remember that much of my present happiness is due to the relationships I've been cultivating, and I don't want to leave those behind.
Grateful, speaking of relationships, to be gathering for bagels with the kids this morning.
Grateful for a quiet weekend.
Grateful for more rain.
Grateful for my health.