Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 122

Old 02-18-2023, 02:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Morning Gratitude Part 122

last part here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-121-a-21.html (Morning Gratitude Part 121)

D

Old 02-18-2023, 02:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Shotgun! Grateful for a great day with Mr A
Old 02-19-2023, 01:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Morning all

First of all - grateful to Dee for the new thread and for all that Dee does (Thank you)
Grateful for a beautiful, crisp sunny day
Grateful that I don't drink. Coming back home last night on the tube was a gnarly horror-show of inebriated souls :-/
Grateful for a day off
Grateful for resources to learn from on Youtube
Grateful for another day of life in the world

Free - good luck with the exam. I'm busy with studies too so I'm with you!

Hevyn - 'sort of sticking to the diet' sounds pretty good to me. Down with perfection I say ​​​​​​​
Old 02-19-2023, 03:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Echoing what Jack says: Grateful for a new thread and all of your help and support….Thanks Dee!

Grateful to be a part of this recovery group with you all….and grateful for another hangover-free Sunday morning!
Old 02-19-2023, 03:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Grateful Mr. A and I our borrowing a trailer and have taken a few more things over to the house. We will only be bringing necessary items because we don't want to have to move them again when the wood floors get installed which is in May. We will be taking a few more things today.
Grateful for the sun yesterday
Grateful for Dee with all he does
Grateful for my sense of humor..well actually Mr As too, he kept saying something ( repeating a little saying) last night which made me laugh each and every time. Then he did something else which made me laugh as well.
Grateful for my friends here, you are definitely helping me as a navigate through through these difficult times with medical issues and my sobriety. couldn't do it without you
Old 02-19-2023, 04:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Morning Gratitude-

-SoberRecocery Forums. The mods, my caring peers, stickeys, sobriety and all dedicated to an individual's' personal growth.
-A big THANKS! to Dee
-for the regular flyby of a large murder of crows that use the building occasionally as a landmark. There's a third floor patio where I can catch them flying just a meter or two above me. Love birdies. tweet tweet.

Old 02-19-2023, 06:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee!

Good morning Zen, Alpine, and Jack!

Quick fly by, gotta get to Denver before the storm. Test tomorrow.

Grateful for sleep aids
Grateful to sleep well last night
Grateful for coffee

Grateful for SR and all of you/us
Old 02-19-2023, 06:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Safe travels Free, leaving early should have you avoiding ski traffic too.
Old 02-19-2023, 06:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Free, good luck with your test tomorrow. I will think of you in Denver tomorrow 😊
Grateful for grat and run. Have to deal with some trip stuff adjustments. Should have listened to my instincts the first time
Old 02-19-2023, 07:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee for the new thread!
Jack we have a sunny crisp day here too.
Alpine a sense of humor is such a good thing. Glad Mr. A can make you laugh.
Zen I love birds too. Starting to identify everything I see using my handy Roger Tory Peterson Filed Guide when I am stumped.
Free good luck on the test!

Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for a quiet morning. Just me and the pets. My husband was away last night.
Grateful for a raucous Tae Kwon Do birthday party for my granddaughter yesterday. They did a great job running it and the kids seemed to really enjoy it.
Grateful my tabby is getting on my lap more and more.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Old 02-19-2023, 09:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee!
Alpine, Mr. A sounds delightful. Glad you have his companionship and support.
Zen, thank you for the visual of your murder of crows! I love the gift of bird appearances.
Free, good luck with travel and the test!
Fearless, good luck with the trip reshuffle.
Jack and CBS, it's a crisp sunny day here too! So beautiful.
Grateful for a fun day with my grandson yesterday. He got to experience the delight of free food samples at Costco. Grateful I could support his mom in the evening too ... she's going through a rough patch ... two little ones, everyone just now getting over being sick for weeks, and three months of lack of sleep. Her depression is in full force. I'm hoping things will ease up for her soon.
Grateful for all the (non-monetary) riches in my life.

Old 02-19-2023, 10:12 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Jack - Yes, I find 'sort of' is good enough in most cases.
Grateful for our Dee, always taking care of business.
Zen - Hev was actually alive when that record came out. Not saying how old .
Free - Glad you got some good rest.
Grateful for freshly baked sourdough bread (not by me )
Grateful MrH went through his million CD's & is giving away many. They needed their own room.
Grateful to admit I still have much to learn about everything.
Grateful for all of you.
:

Old 02-19-2023, 11:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good morning 🌞

Jack - 'gnarly horror-show of inebriated souls' is a very apt description of drinking.

Purps - Happy Sober Sunday!

Alpine - so glad Mr A is helping keeping your spirits high.

Zen - I've never seen a murder of crows..... that's probably because we have Ravens where I live (but everyone calls them crows). Ravens must be more solitary, couple types. What a sight that must be!

Free - hope you miss the rain, godspeed!

Fearless - hope everything gets sorted ok. Safe travels to you also.

CBS - so many birthday options for kids nowadays. I've never heard of a Tae Kwan Do party....was it a theme, or just a party with her Tae Kwon Do friends?

Turs - so lovely of you to help out and be supportive.

Hev - that's alot of CDs!!

This morning I am grateful for:
- getting some projects done yesterday which have been piling up.
- the big, beautiful tree in my backyard which provides great afternoon shade.
- My son showing me his new toy, a portable speaker. He looked so cute moshing away with glee 😂.

Best wishes to all ❤️.
Old 02-20-2023, 02:44 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hevyn, now I have the song Taking Care of Business in my head
Free, hoping you made it safely through the gauntlet drive..I know how bad that drive can be with both weather and traffic, and wishing you the best with your test
Turs, grateful for your story of your grandson and samples at Costco. Made me smile
Grateful Mr. A and I spent the first night together in the house last night
Grateful We got to sleep in our own bed after 1 year 3 months
Grateful to have moved the necessary things to the house..Except the grill..I have to have my grill..lol
Grateful for my coffee
Old 02-20-2023, 02:46 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

[/url]
Old 02-20-2023, 05:14 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for the new thread. Thanks Dee!

Grateful for a brand new week of sober adventures.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 02-20-2023, 05:17 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Alpine, bwahaha on meme! So glad you got to sleep in your own bed after so long, with Mr. A.
Free, hope the test went well. I share Fearless’ curiosity about how you are handling it all!
Turs, I am so glad your grandson’s mom has you and the other grandmother for support and that everyone is taking her depression seriously. What an agonizing time—post partum, sleep deprived, in the seemingly endless carousel of illness and physical discomfort.
Zencat, I feel like Rockin’ Robin is one of those songs that will almost always put you in a good mood.
Hev, that is a LOT of CDs.

Grateful for Dee and all his quiet miracle working.
Grateful to be back home and in my bed last night.
Grateful for an amazing connection at one of the meetings where someone thought she recognized me from other meetings. Turns out we used to work together and she said i had been on her heart and she wanted to reach out to me over the past couple of days. And there we were in another town in the same session with her just one row behind me.
Grateful I have today off and I’m taking it. At least mostly.
Grateful (???) my dog gave me some built in motivation to clean out the van when she went number 2 all over the place on the drive home from the kennel. Then stomped around in it.
Grateful my friends have been helping me learn to stick up for myself so I can tell the kennel it seems like they didn’t really walk her as much as they said they would.
Grateful my parents have stayed here this long. And that they are headed home tomorrow.
Grateful for a weird dream where I was part of a team of people planning to pull of an armed robbery. But then the night before I started having second thoughts. And I had to tell one of my fellow robbers that I wasn’t going to go through with it and I didn’t care what the consequences to that were and if they were mad at me. I kept hearing this line from one of the speakers over the weekend about self esteem comes from doing esteemable acts. And then some guys heard me talking about it and were obviously going to turn me in for an attempted armed robbery plan. But I decided I didn’t care. If I went to jail, if everyone hated me, I was going to do the right and brave thing. I think I can take from it not doing things I don’t actually want to do to please others — though , side note, the whole plot was my idea in the first place. So weird.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 02-20-2023, 05:38 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good morning, peeps!

Alpine, I don’t get it, the meme. Maybe it’s the super weak Hampton Inn coffee. NOW THAT IS HARD TO HANDLE BEFORE A 10 hour test 😫

NL, glad you are home.
Alpine, I forgot to mention, I’d be sitting in that camp chair in your new house alone too.

I went on the hotel treadmill last night before dinner, it felt good besides my lingering headache and runny nose.

Grateful for 6 hours sleep
Grateful the hotel doesn’t smell like smoke, but pigpen came through on an elevator (smoker), and I almost vomited. I hope that person can quit soon for their sake.
Grateful the 1-2 🦶🏼🦶🏼 (yes, you read that right) of SNOW, begins tomorrow night. I hope we can head home tonight, but won’t if it’s too dark, all the mountain visitors will be rushing back to Denver, frequently causing accidents in scary places, plus the elk and big horn sheep tend to be next to the highway at night.
Grateful the grounds I thought were in my disgusting coffee were just floaters inside my eyeball 😫

I get through hard times by just breathing. I’m going to start stretching again now that I’m healing from the hard hit(s) in December. I try to sense my surroundings with my eyes closed. Sense what my body is telling me, and **** out those annoying thoughts and feelings. Doesn’t always work, but it does most of the time. Just for 2-3 minutes as needed.

House won’t be ready until October. Will have another foot of snow on lot by then

love to all
Old 02-20-2023, 06:04 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hev you are right, life long learning is such a good thing. We may be wise because we are older but there is still new stuff to learn.
Zura Tae Kwon Do is a Korean martial art similar to karate. My granddaughter has been taking classe for several moths. She has become a better listener and is more confident since starting it. They did a great black belt demonstration and some of the masters ran the party with lots of enthusiasm.
Turs so good of you to help out your DIL(?). I hope she and the whole family feels better soon.
Alpine so glad you got to have your first night in the house in your own bed.
Free safe travels back home.

Grateful Patty just got in my lap. But I am going to have to move her in a bit to get my breakfast ready.
Grateful for the day off, but actually might work a bit so I can leave early on Wednesday for my birthday trip to the beach.
Grateful for my oat milk latte.
Grateful the red beans and rice I made yesterday turned out great. Leftovers tonight!
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for all of you.

Old 02-20-2023, 06:28 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Dee, thank you for the new thread, and everything else you do!
Alpine, I love that meme. I'm really happy you were able to sleep in your new house, finally.
CBS, TKD has such a great impact on so many kids - that party sounds like so much fun.
Free, I hope you can get through this and your test goes smoothly - thinking of you.
Zura, I love your never-ending stream of projects - so inspiring!
NL, for some reason your comment about your "fellow robbers" made me smile, I can see why they would be confused since the whole thing was your idea - LOL
Hev, we inherited a bunch of CDs from my parents, thanks for the reminder to get rid of them!
Turs, I love your little adventures with your grandkids, and ditto NL that your DIL is so lucky to have you.

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful for a holiday on this Monday.
Grateful to be submitting a big work deliverable, and to kind of not give a #$%& anymore what people think of it.
Grateful I finally made some progress to clean the kitchen.
Grateful for a nice family brunch to celebrate two birthdays.
Grateful to be sober.