Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 115

Old 04-30-2022, 12:52 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Aly - The Departed soundtrack was great. I had it too, don't know where it went. I think the book club sounds like a plan.
Alpine - Whoa - that Moose encounter must have been terrifying. I think we are both about 4 hrs. from the Adirondacks?
Britbird - It's so wonderful to wake up with no hangover, no regrets or remorse.
Vik - That's great your accounts are working again & your money is back. Great to see you here!
Numb - I love Md. - Chesapeake Bay, St. Michaels, Annapolis. MrH & I lived in Ocean City for 6 yrs. Sounds like a wonderful time.
CBS - I hope you will avoid getting sick & can keep your appointment.
Grateful for a gorgeous sunny bright day. (Still cold with frost warnings, but we know warm days are coming.)
Grateful someone bought the furniture we had stashed in our garage - stuff we bought for the ill-fated apartment adventure last year.
Grateful to talk myself out of awfulizing/catastrophizing when I woke up this morning.
Grateful for everyone here. Go GP!

Old 04-30-2022, 02:35 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to get my 10 frozen meals today.

Grateful for Billie lying at my feet.
Old 04-30-2022, 04:14 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Fear, Mountain lion!!, We never saw one with all the hiking we did out there. I am sure they saw us. I would have to take a pass unless I was in a car.
Hevyn, we are about 3 hours from there
Old 04-30-2022, 07:55 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Just catching up now that I'm home again.
CBS, I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope that both the burial and planning for the memorial will bring you some comfort. It's so hard to lose one's mom.
Grateful to be back home.
Grateful for the opportunity to go on the trip and go diving ... it was bittersweet at times and my gratitude practice was not always in top form ... felt a little sorry for myself being without Mr. T. .. but I know I am fortunate to still be able to travel and to carry many sweet memories of him with me.
Grateful to see the GP keeping the grats going.
Old 04-30-2022, 10:16 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
Vik, good to see you here! I hope you get that all sorted. IT stuff can be a nightmare. You know my Grandmother was 100% Swedish, mostly hailing from Southern Sweden, so I did that ancestry and I have a large amount of Swedish DNA. I feel lucky and lucky to meet someone from Sweden. I'd love to go there, during the summer, sometime. It looks lovely.

Thank you for all your expressions of concern. Hopefully this thing will just run it's course. It is a drag, literally, to go from feeling ok to feeling terrible. I need to go to the library and the post office for my mom today. There are a few women who work at the library that I have become friends with and I really like them a lot. One of them has started a book club and has some of the authors there sometime. I'd like to go. They are lighter books, so nothing too intense right now. I really like the woman running it too. Even though I haven't got the book, it's out, I may go anyway. At least something a little different and meet some new people who are hopefully sober.

Grateful I made amends to my mom for something I said that was not very nice. It feels good to say I'm sorry when I'm wrong, esp when the person accepts your apology.

Grateful for the Grat Pack and all the wonderful people we have here. Love and peace to you all. 💗☮💟💞
If you were to visit make sure it's during easter or christmas, that's when we got must. julmust, påskmust. . I feel lucky to have met you all . my family is from the southern part of sweden as well, my maternal grandmother, grandfather and mother as well. The same goes for my father and his parents.
Old 04-30-2022, 10:55 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Hev I don't ever want to feel that way again, I keep a couple of particular horrid mornings after the night before at the forefront and its a great deterent.

Yes I have seen others post too about gratitude and I'm so glad I took and look and joined you all. I've only been posting a short while but find it very helpful and there's an awful lot to be said about actually spending a few minutes considering whats good in life so today I am grateful for........

Play areas, me! coffee, chat and a slice off cake 🎂 while the kids wear themselves out.

The classis Sunday roast 😋 never tire of it. Although prefer it when cooked by someone else lol.

Being sober for 4 complete months! And its getting better and better each day.

Grateful for SR overall and all those who support and offer kindness.

Have a great Sunday all xx

Old 04-30-2022, 10:55 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Hev I don't ever want to feel that way again, I keep a couple of particular horrid mornings after the night before at the forefront and its a great deterent.

Yes I have seen others post too about gratitude and I'm so glad I took and look and joined you all. I've only been posting a short while but find it very helpful and there's an awful lot to be said about actually spending a few minutes considering whats good in life so today I am grateful for........

Play areas, me! coffee, chat and a slice off cake 🎂 while the kids wear themselves out.

The classis Sunday roast 😋 never tire of it. Although prefer it when cooked by someone else lol.

Old 04-30-2022, 10:57 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Yes I have seen others post too about gratitude and I'm so glad I took a look and joined you all. I've only been posting a short while but find it very helpful and there's an awful lot to be said about actually spending a few minutes considering whats good in life so today I am grateful for........

Old 04-30-2022, 10:57 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Opps sorry! Phone trouble.
Old 04-30-2022, 11:03 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

It's okay. bleep happens
Old 05-01-2022, 03:46 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Glad for some coffee with sweetener and milk
Old 05-01-2022, 04:54 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Grateful for another sunny day here. Who would have thought
Grateful to be sober and especially last night when on a "conference" call with my pain in the butt sister that likes to yell, be condescending, etc. I was able to handle it better. All I can say is wow about her. She is out of control on many levels.
Grateful for coffee
Grateful for morning time with Riley and Mr. Alpine with sitting on the couch
Old 05-01-2022, 05:23 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

CBS, I am so sorry so much of the planning is falling on your shoulders. I hope you may at least be able to give some of the tasks out to others. Hope the covid passes you by as well.
Turs, bittersweet indeed. Seems like a pretty perfect description and seems very understandable. I’ve come to think of gratitude not as something that erases the bad stuff but just helps us see it’s not all that is out there.
Free, I’ve added that book to my list. Or, I should say, I tried to. I’m experiencing some of the tech goblins that seem to be plaguing Vik and Britbird!
PS, yes you should totally do your trip! It’s so nice around here. I had no idea it was that close to you.
Hev, I bet this was such a cool area to live in!

Grateful for sober sleep.
Grateful I again didn’t cave. I would say it felt last night less like temptation and more like annoyance everyone else was drinking and getting kind of sloshed in some cases.
Grateful to wake up without a hangover.
Grateful we all did a yoga class out on the lawn yesterday. I thought I would just do it on my own but it ended up that four of them joined me too! I guess one person sat out but she was over in a lounge chair nearby.
Grateful for a short little bike ride
Grateful for all the wonderful food—especially some fancy cheeses and Mediterranean things.
Grateful for seeing some very striking blue birds.
Speaking of wild animal chases, grateful we didn’t get bit by some kind of herding dog who was chasing us on our little bike ride. I’ve had some pretty rough dog chases on my bike so I was happy this one was primarily interested in showing off his herding skills.
Grateful for all of you, so much.
Old 05-01-2022, 05:25 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

CBS, I hope you can keep your appointment too, but if you do get sick hopefully it's not too bad.
Fearless, I tried Ozark and just couldn't get into it! Maybe I should try again.
Aly, making some sober library friends sounds so great! I used to do book clubs when they were mostly just an excuse to drink. Also hope you feel better soon!

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful to help my son get some of his stuff organized yesterday.
Grateful to be getting texts from some moms in the town we used to live in - my older son went to a play there last night, and it's so nice to hear that he's friendly and polite "out in the wild."
Grateful my younger son is really helpful around the house.
Grateful to be able to look down and see my adorable dogs running around the yard.
Grateful to be taking some space and time for myself, since I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed lately.
Grateful for Trader Joe's, headed there now!
Grateful to be sober.
Old 05-01-2022, 06:54 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Hev I feel ya on the catastrophizing. I need to continually catch myself and stop going down that rabbit hole.
Turs is there an online grief support group? I lost my brother Feb. 28 and my mom April 22. I need some support. I don't have a therapist.
Vik I hope to go to Sweden some day. My son has been there. 7 of my 8 great grandparents came from Sweden in the late 1800s and settled in Jamestown, NY.
Britbird congrats on 4 months!
Alpine I am sorry your sister was so unpleasant.
NL you are brave to go on that girls trip. Stay strong.
PS good on you for taking time to yourself.

Grateful I found a bio on my mom that I was digging for yesterday. It was written by her retirement community and has some info that will be helpful for writing her obituary.
Grateful for 500 days sober today.
Grateful for sunshine.
Grateful for a good night's sleep.
Grateful that so far I don't think I have Covid.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Old 05-01-2022, 07:01 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Grateful is what i meant with glad .
Grateful for the ham i got in the fridge. Gotta get some mustard for it though
Old 05-01-2022, 07:07 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CBS62 View Post
Hev I feel ya on the catastrophizing. I need to continually catch myself and stop going down that rabbit hole.
Turs is there an online grief support group? I lost my brother Feb. 28 and my mom April 22. I need some support. I don't have a therapist.
Vik I hope to go to Sweden some day. My son has been there. 7 of my 8 great grandparents came from Sweden in the late 1800s and settled in Jamestown, NY.
Britbird congrats on 4 months!
Alpine I am sorry your sister was so unpleasant.
NL you are brave to go on that girls trip. Stay strong.
PS good on you for taking time to yourself.

Grateful I found a bio on my mom that I was digging for yesterday. It was written by her retirement community and has some info that will be helpful for writing her obituary.
Grateful for 500 days sober today.
Grateful for sunshine.
Grateful for a good night's sleep.
Grateful that so far I don't think I have Covid.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Really sad to hear that about your losses. Remember to stay strong.
Old 05-01-2022, 08:44 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Tursiops - I'm so glad you had a good time (even though bittersweet), & that you're safely back.
Brit - Yes, the Sunday roast. Miss my mom cooking it. Congrats on your 4 mos.! I felt so much better around that time.
Numb - It was lovely there. MrH retired from being a chef & had a job offer in the Catskills (NY) so we came up here & never left. Sounds like you planned the perfect trip.
CBS - 500 days - congratulations!
Vik - Enjoy that ham, After you get the mustard, that is.
Grateful MrH seems to really enjoy mowing the lawn. ?
Grateful I go to the dr next week & will be forced to face my weight gain. Will pre-weigh just before going so it won't be too much of a shocker.
Grateful it'll be safe to plant flowers at the end of the month.
Happy May to the GP.

Old 05-01-2022, 08:54 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Triple that, britbird 😊
CBS, you have a lot going on. That’s too much loss in a short period, and now covid on top of everything. My heart aches for you. I’m trying to think of grief support resources. Was your mom on hospice? If so, the agency usually provides support for a period of time. I had twelve weeks of counseling through them. Free. Of course, since grief involves many complex issues and often combines other losses cumulatively, I was able to talk about prior deaths along with my Dads, including siblings and mom. It was very helpful. I did end up going back to therapy afterwards. Oh, also if you are still working (I can’t remember if you are retired or not) your company might have an EAP or mental health wellness resources. You could check with your HR? Surrounding you with lotsa love ❤️
Palmer, TJs is on my list today. As is Target!
Numblady, I’m glad you didn’t cave. When you describe the scene there, I can’t help but think of a Bravo tv Housewives ladies get away episode 😂
Turps, so great to see you back!

Grateful for a good time with family in law yesterday. We celebrated a sixteenth birthday. It was quite a reunion with Mr Fs sister having not seen her ex, the father of the kids, in several years. They are both with other partners now. Things went well between them. But the Dad’s health is deteriorating from cancer. One of his sons, our other nephew, has grown bitter and estranged. He and his family were not there. They are moving to another state next month. We are trying to arrange a party. I could go on about the family drama. My sil broke down in tears throughout the day over several sad memories over the years. One thing I am grateful for is the time the younger cousins, including sonny boy, spent together innocently playing video games, board games, then outside in the son seemingly not a care in the world. Just being in the moment and bonding. Also grateful that not a single person at this get together drank alcohol. At least three are recovered alcoholics.
Grateful sonny boy asked me to make lasagna tonight. He is open to trying new foods again. He is still challenged with sensory issues that affect him around food and eating. I make a mean lasagna so I’m hoping he likes it
Grateful to get out for a long run
Grateful for you
Old 05-01-2022, 09:11 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

CBS, I highly recommend grief support groups (I'm in three of them!). I suggest you google the hospice organizations in your region. They typically offer free grief support groups, in person and online -- usually they're open to everyone, even if your family was not a client of that particular hospice (or any hospice). There are usually a variety of groups -- some for general loss, and others for specific losses such as losing a parent. As Fearless mentioned, if your family was connected with a particular hospice, they may offer additional resources such as individual counseling. It's especially hard when one experiences multiple losses in a short time ... but it really does help to talk with others who are bereaved too.

Grateful I had a semi-normal night's sleep! Feel a bit funky from jet lag but that will pass.
Grateful to be in my cozy home.
Grateful to be seeing my kids this week.
Grateful to reconnect with other family members.
Grateful for dumplings and pizza.