Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 115

Old 04-27-2022, 11:47 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that I made it to my very early doctors appointment and he addressed all my concerns. Grateful that the ultrasound did not find a blood clot so I should be OK to fly.

Grateful to have help packing and sorting.

Good for you PJ. I'm proud of you!
Old 04-27-2022, 11:57 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Fearless, you always seem to handle your situations with grace and goodness and most importantly love. I think you and your wonderful family really love each other and it's beautiful. So grateful for your friendship and the friendship of my other Grat Packers. You all are wonderful and I appreciate each one of you every day.
Grateful for sobriety. Grateful that even though I feel kind of upset about my mother walking away from me when I asked her a difficult question about my childhood and why something happened. Her not answering and walking away from me told me everything I needed to know and I know what I experienced was true and extremely painful at her expense and she just walked away when I asked her about it. I'm done worrying about her or anyone else in my family, whatever happens happens. Let Go and Let God. Seems to be about the only thing I can do.
Least so glad to hear the blood clot is gone! Great news. I hope you can get a great ride for you and your animals to CA. What a fun trip. I know on Pit Bulls and Parolees they take their dogs and cats all over the country to adopt them out. I just know a good ride will turn up.
Love and peace to all. 💗💞☮💫 Sending you all great vibes for the day!
Old 04-27-2022, 02:54 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

CBS - Sending love to you & your family. I'm glad the burial went as well as possible - sounds like it was peaceful & comforting.
PJ - 2500+ sober days - in spite of everything. So happy for you, & hoping things will improve.
NL - Glad the trip so far is quite nice. Hope you find some shoes.
PalmerSage - There's a Chobani yogurt - key lime - with little white chocolate chips in it. Very good. Probably too sugary though.
Happy birthday to your dear mom.

Fearless - Now I gotta try the popcorn w/Reese's pieces. Thanks, pal. Hope new neighbors are pleasant.
Aly - I hope your mom reconsiders & realizes you have the right to know things that have impacted your life.
Grateful for a busy day - went to the resale shop & donated bunches of stuff I'll never miss.
Grateful for all of you & our daily meetings.

Old 04-27-2022, 10:25 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hi

Free - its Catherine Grays the Unexpected joy of being sober, very honest and open book.
Aly - I'm sorry for your troubles with your mother and hope your OK.
PJ - 2500 days is amazing! Many congratulations.
Hevyn- I love getting into bed early 😴 although I don't always sleep early i sometimes watch TV, catch up on things and just enjoy an hour or so quiet thinking time.
Apologies if miss answering anybody directly, this is a lovely, lively thread so I'll get to know you all properly in time.
have a good day all, and yesterday I felt grateful for.....

Picking up an absolute bargain 👌 who doesn't love one of those!!

waking up after a very vivid drinking dream feeling shame and disappointed and realising it was just a dream, grateful at the absolute relief I felt and the fact it left me feeling incredibly strong (although ever vigilant of course) in my sobriety.

Grateful its nearly the weekend and i have a long one coming up.
Old 04-28-2022, 03:29 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Alpine, that must have been some kick butt pie for your mom to say that!
Fearless, I feel the same way about change. I just caught a little bit of a random documentary of a recording studio in Monserrat in the Caribbean. It went through a hurricane and then was effectively destroyed by a volcano. I only came in midway so I wasn’t sure who was talking but hearing the talk of how things are always changing always only ever for a season. It just really struck me and made me so wistful and I don’t know what else. Some other kind of -ful.
Free, that is crazy about the Grand Canyon. So hard for my tiny human brain to really comprehend.

Grateful to be up early so I can work out.
Grateful for meeting a really cool speaker yesterday.
Grateful for this terrible hotel coffee. It’s getting the job done!
Grateful for this special group.
Old 04-28-2022, 03:54 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Numblady, She really enjoyed it I can tell because she has never been one to give compliments. I think it may remind her of Florida too as she used to be a snowbird and would go down there every year with my Dad for the winters. She would always make them
Grateful for yet again another good nights sleep. Yea!!
Grateful my chicken and cilantro lime rice turned out good. My MIL requested I put this on the list of meals she wants me to make again
Grateful It looks like it will be sunny today
Grateful my MIL's neighbors stopped by and visited with us and gave a couple of ADK (Adirondack) Life magazines to have.
Grateful for all of you. Brit I am happy to see you here
Old 04-28-2022, 04:30 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 04-28-2022, 04:46 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Brit, I LOVE a great bargain too - and of course, waking up from a drinking dream, it's such a relief when that happens!
Alpine, you are so sweet to take good care of your mom and MIL. And I agree with NL that the pie must be REALLY good.
NL, great point about the coffee getting the job done, that's the main thing. I'm so shocked at these hotels not having coffee makers in the rooms though! Unacceptable.
Hev, thanks for the inspiration to go to the thrift shop - maybe tomorrow - I am SO long overdue!
Aly, that's too bad about your mom. I feel like the denial can be SO strong with the older generation.
Free, glad you're not subject to 5:30 wakeup calls anymore!
Least, awesome news about the ultrasound!
Fearless, sometimes it can be good to clear the air with a ridiculous argument and then laugh about it.

Grateful for coffee, especially reading NL's post.
Grateful that we took my mom out to dinner for her birthday last night, even though let me tell you - it was a true cluster. They seated us WAY in the back of the restaurant and we had to wind through a ton of other tables with her walker and zero sense of direction. She wasn't able to cut her food, so my brother helped but then she kept trying to cut without being able to eat anything, so we moved some stuff around. In the end, we got it straightened out and she really seemed to like her meal. On the way out, we had a sense of humor about getting her to the car safely and my mom was laughing too.
Grateful that my big presentation from yesterday is behind me. It was in person, and to a group of VERY serious public safety chiefs. Grateful that was my last one for the week because someone else is taking one this evening. So grateful she is ready and willing to jump in and do it.
Grateful for a quiet morning.
Grateful for a partial office day today, the best of both worlds.
Grateful for an office where I can close my door and everyone will just assume I'm on virtual meetings.
Grateful to be really focused on mindful eating. As Free says, retraining my brain.
Grateful my inner voice has gotten a lot less critical lately.
Grateful to be dreaming of retirement.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 04-28-2022, 05:51 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Grateful for great nights sleep
Grateful for a schedule full of subcontractor visits today
Grateful the excavator will remove snow from our lot this week
Grateful I got one Par in golf yesterday, a spontaneous trip an hour west made lovely weather albeit windy
Grateful for coffee
Grateful I ate well yesterday, no junk, smaller portions
Grateful I dusted off my grind guard and used it last night
Grateful I used teeth whitener strips yesterday

Ever so grateful for all of you!

Old 04-28-2022, 06:53 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hev, yes - do try it and let me know your thoughts. There’s nothing better than Reece’s pieces popcorn. Thinking about making it into a popcorn ball recipe
Awww, thanks Aly. I’m so sorry about that nasty exchange with your mom. I do agree with Palmer on the older generations being more prone to denial and keeping family secrets.
Free, good luck with the subs today
Palmer, congrats on that big presentation! I am preparing for a couple of upcoming ones. Still over Zoom. I have forgotten how to present in person. Lol
Numblady hoping you are enjoying some time to yourself
Brit, e too on early bedtime. I shoot for 8:30-9. It rarely happens perfectly but it always helps to wind down and get a good night sleep
Grateful my boss has been supportive concerning a new type of project I have absolutely no clue how to do. It helps that she’s admitted to being clueless on this to so we will have to go to the big boss
Grateful Mr F slept well and feels better. Within a week he had tetanus, covid booster and shingles shot. Why he did this so close together I don’t know.
Grateful to get rid of sonny boys old bed and dresser. Finally! More space in the garage and Mr F is setting up a home gym
Grateful it’s Thursday which means tomorrow’s Friday
Grateful for you all
Old 04-28-2022, 07:22 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Grateful for 4 years sober yesterday. Grateful to feel solid in that sobriety, too. Grateful to be free from all the anxiety and shame that accompanied most of those (and particularly the latter) years of drinking. Life is good!
Old 04-28-2022, 09:10 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Way to go Deserto!!
Old 04-28-2022, 09:25 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Congrats Deserto! Great to see you. Hoping Henry and you are very well.
Grateful that I slept pretty darn well last night. Felt good.
Mom and I are still trading this bug back and forth. I'm hoping it will just run it's course. Soon! I really need to go to the grocery store today, so I will force a trip a little later, maybe get some caffeine down and just do it. I've been putting it off for a couple of days. I wish I could get past this grocery store phobia I have. I'm going to go to a Grocery Outlet and then Nob Hill or something. I don't mind grocery outlet. The people are really nice there and they have some interesting things there, but not all the "usual" grocery stuff, so usually I still have to go to a regular store. It's smaller too. I have one I'm getting more used to now. It helps if the people are nice.
Feels quite warm already and very sunny out, so it will probably be warm later. I have got to take some time and find my summer shirts. Better yet, maybe I'll get some new ones! I need some new summer shirts. I've lost a little weight with this not feeling well off and on, so the other ones are a bit big on me. I hope I keep it off and continue to lose slowly. I still have a way to go. I'm always trying to lose weight so I commisserate with all of you who deal with the same issues. Grateful I can buy new shirts and for the blessings in my life I need to remember all the time. Even with the difficulties lately, I am very blessed and grateful for it. 💗☮💟💖💝💚
Have a great day to the wonderful Grat Pack. You are all the very best. Love and peace to all of you!
Feeling very grateful for this thread today. 💜
Old 04-28-2022, 11:11 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful the home health agency called me and will be sending a nurse out tomorrow.
Old 04-28-2022, 11:55 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Britbird - Enjoy that long (sober) weekend. Hopefully your weather is better than ours - we're very cold still.
Numblady - Wistful - a word we don't hear much. That's how I feel quite often.
PalmerSage - Good that you were able to laugh about things - glad your mom enjoyed herself. hmm - Mindful Eating - my mind just told me to eat a bagel & I obeyed.
Fearless - Glad to know your MrF is feeling better.
Grateful for all the posts & to know what's going on in your lives.
Grateful for our trip to the Catskill Mtns. yesterday - where we used to live. Miss it sometimes, but we were so isolated.
Grateful for a sunny day, even though it's cold & windy. Birds eating up the seed fast as we can fill the feeders.
Grateful for the brilliant & clever GP.

Old 04-28-2022, 11:58 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

P.S. Aly - Glad you are feeling a little cheerier. Love to you!
Deserto - Wonderful that you have 4 yrs. of sobriety. We are so blessed to have made it out of that misery.
Old 04-28-2022, 12:47 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Grateful that I already have 22,000 steps in and will go for another walk later.
Old 04-28-2022, 01:05 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for thinking of me Hevyn.

Love backat 'cha!!!

So grateful for you all!
Old 04-28-2022, 10:30 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Palmer- is was a huge relief! Think its the brains way of reminding me how much better life is sober and it really is.

Aly- glad your feeling better xx

Hev- nope our weather has been quite cold, people are wearing coats again lol. I think its going to be 16 degrees tomorrow so that's a slight improvement 🤣😎

Today I'm grateful for ....
All the delicious food I plan to eat this weekend.

Grateful that I don't need to calorie count because I've lost a few pounds recently so I will just enjoy it.

Grateful to spoil myself a little and not feel guilty.

Grateful for a restful night's sleep.
Old 04-29-2022, 04:13 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Grateful for my many walks yesterday including a short hike a local preserve for about an hour. A little too early in the season for birding. I think I want to get into that.
Grateful my coffee and oatmeal
Grateful for the sunny but cool weather
Grateful for all of you