Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 115

Old 04-24-2022, 11:16 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Fearless, NL, PS, Hev and anyone who expressed compassion, thank you so much. I am so grateful for all of my friends here. Fearless, love, you've really been through the wars. Always sending love and prayers to you. 💗☮ You are a brave, wonderful person. I remember seeing Sonny with his long hair in a pic you showed me, he probably looks very handsome with his short hair. One of my handsome nephews wears his hair in kind of a buzz/fade and the twins have had long curly hair in the past. I haven't seen them in so long thanks to my horrible sister. I miss them. I hope that they are doing well at school. The twins are crushing the discus, shot put, etc. They are so athletic and they have a 4.0 GPA. Smart, kind, athletic, and handsome. They are very close. They didn't even come home for Easter. Not much to come home to but chaos. My sister is literally breaking up the family. What goes around, comes around.
So grateful for all of you and for my blessings. Actually, Hev, I'm doing laundry this morning, if I can get in the laundry room! Someone is already in there so I'm waiting. I wish I could find my back brace. Boy, when they wear off , the ablation, they really wear off!
Love and peace to all of you. I feel such a warm feeling for my friends here. You are lovely people, I'm lucky for my friendships here. 💗☮💫
Old 04-24-2022, 12:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It's hard to find anything to be grateful for when I'm in so much pain, but I guess I'm grateful that I'm still alive and still sober.

Fearless the apartment my daughter found for me in California is a one floor apartment - no stairs. I'll be glad for that.

Oh yes I'm also very grateful for being home with Billy and the cats. Those four weeks spent without them when I was in the nursing home were hell. Being forced to live without Billy's company is a fate worse than death.

But I'm grateful that we're together again.
Old 04-24-2022, 01:37 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi all

I've never tried gratitude before but I'd like to start so hope I do this right!
so today i am grateful for........

Feeling the sun shining on me.

having the energy to do gardening at the end of a busy day.

Really starting to notice my skin improving massively 113 days into sobriety.

Old 04-24-2022, 01:38 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Britbird!
Old 04-24-2022, 01:41 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hiya

I'm not sure how I made gratitude come up red 😆
Old 04-25-2022, 02:37 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Grateful 2 B sober, thus able to cope with stupid depression/stupid anxiety because stupid, stupid, stupid new stupid med isn't stupid working, stupid.
Old 04-25-2022, 02:37 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

stupid
Old 04-25-2022, 02:45 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Old 04-25-2022, 03:49 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Love it PJ! Sorry you are still struggling. Big hug to you
Hi Brit!
Grateful my keylime pie turned out good. I surprised my MIL with it
Grateful for how green it is here compared to Colorado. It is so pretty
Grateful I am at peace living with a bunch of boxes and a lot of our furniture crammed into the apartment
Grateful Mr. Alpine had ordered us paddle boards a few months back and we picked them up yesterday. Now just have to wait for the water to warm up.
Grateful the past several months are behind me. It was pretty rough
Grateful for all of you. I really appreciate the SR Grat family
Old 04-25-2022, 04:00 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Grateful to see BritBird. Welcome and congrats on 113 sober days!
PhoenixJ, grateful you are sober in spite of feeling such frustration.
Hev, bwahaha on the family of 8!
PS, forgot to say I’m sorry that sh&& hit the fan at work — hope the weekend reset has been effective.
Fearless, also glad you are looking at your hyper vigilance to see if it’s always serving you. Forgot to say that yesterday.
Least so grateful you are reunited with Billy. Prayers for the release of pain’s grip on you. I am so sorry.

Grateful I met with my temp sponsor yesterday. I wouldn’t say that it was magic and rainbows but I am glad we did it. I actually think we have a good deal in common in terms of guilt over stuff with our kids. And for now I’m just trusting the process of working the steps. I want a best friend but that’s not really the focus of the relationship; it’s working the steps and getting closer to emotional sobriety.
Grateful (and a little freaked out) that I leave town tomorrow for the conference.
Grateful for a good night of sleep in spite of wake ups and a lot of caffeine that day.
Grateful for belly laughs when I did yoga this weekend. My dog was trying SO hard to be a good girl when I was lying down in savasana. I could hear her little breath just looking at me and kind of smelling in my general direction. So she’s trying not to lick me and I’m trying not to notice her trying not to lick me. It just cracked me up, our weird little stalemate.
Grateful it is supposed to rain today. We really need it. Hope it comes true.
Grateful for Post-It notes
Grateful for people I encountered yesterday cleaning up this trashy stretch of land for earth day. I take my dog there because there are rarely other dogs but it’s this place where people routinely have gone and just backed up trucks and emptied out piles of paint cans, housing materials, mattresses, you name it.
Grateful for the GP!
Old 04-25-2022, 04:13 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for a brand new week of sober adventures.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 04-25-2022, 04:18 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Welcome Brit, and congrats on 113 days!
Wondering about CBS and hope she is doing OK.
Aly, that's really too bad about your sister, it sucks that it keeps you from your nephews.
Least, you always remind me to really appreciate animals. I hope they can get your pain under control though.
Fearless, your level of exercise is something to aspire to!!! And YES about BCS - Lenny is really good in it! In season 5, I honestly thought it got better than BrB.
Alpine, your MIL must really adore you, you're always so kind and thoughtful.
Hev, I was in the empty hamper club for about 17 seconds yesterday, then gym clothes and yardwork clothes showed up.

Grateful for coffee (really good today).
Grateful for a clean-ish house. Grateful for an empty desk in an office where I can close the door. Grateful that for my presentation today, it's virtual and my boss will do the first and last slides (my least favorite ones, ha!)
Grateful my older son cleaned up dishes without complaining last night.
Grateful my younger son got some weeding done.
Grateful for telework.
Grateful to be dreaming of downsizing.
Grateful for good problem-solving skills at work.
Grateful for Venmo, so easy.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 04-25-2022, 06:32 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Aly, awww, thank you sista! Yes, sonny boy does look handsome. This hair cut made him look five years older! For some reason, it seems like it made him more confident too. I don’t know. Maybe he’s just growing up anyway. I love my bond with him and our family closeness at the moment and I hope that never changes. So many are struggling with their teenagers now. We are not. I know that could change. But maybe all the trauma I experienced early on is enough. I’m sorry about your lack of closeness with the twins but happy about how well they are doing. Keep up those boundaries with your sister
Free, hope to see you back soon
least, sorry you are in a lot of pain.
PJ, you too
I hate that any friends here are in any pain
Grateful for Venmo too. Though I don’t dare look at my Bitcoin value there

Grateful for the warm cozy fire in the morning
Grateful it’s forecasted to be a beautiful week
Gratful since my therapy appointment last week, I’ve been less worried overall and more focused on the present. Life is good right NOW
Grateful I did some work yesterday and it has made me feel more prepared for today. Glad I like the work I do most of the time
Grateful I get another booster tomorrow. Mr F got his Friday.
Grateful for all of you ❤️
Old 04-25-2022, 08:25 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Fearless sista! 💗💞 Such a wonderful mom you are. I really admire your relationship with your family.
PJ I hope things work out for you. It sucks when you are sufferring and there seems to be no help on the horizon. Love and peace to you.
Grateful for the Grat Pack. You all are wonderful people. Love and peace to you all. 💗☮
Old 04-25-2022, 09:48 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Britbird - It's wonderful to have you here.
PJ - Grateful for your silliness - in spite of the painful time you're going through.
Alpine - Love Key Lime Pie. Can eat 1/2 of it in one day by myself. I'm glad you made it past a challenging winter.
NL - Glad the sponsor meeting went well, & hopefully good results will be achieved.
PalmerSage - Boo on the yardwork/gym clothes. Stuff showed up in my hamper this morning with a gasoline smell.
Least - Hoping so much that your life will improve when you get to Cali.
Grateful for sun, warmth, birds.
Grateful to have popcorn for lunch.
Grateful MrH actually enjoys yardwork.
Grateful to box up more stuff to take to thrift shop.
Grateful for the GP & our common bond of appreciating life, even when it's not going the way we want it to.

Old 04-25-2022, 10:16 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Hi Brit bird and welcome to the grat pack we're always glad to welcome a new member

PJ I'm sorry that the depression is so awful right now I hope the new med stupid or not starts working
Old 04-25-2022, 01:29 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Thank you for the warm welcome all, very kind and grateful to be here 😊
also grateful today for...

Treating my children with the money that used to be spent on wine.

Catherine Greys the unexpected joy of being sober, this book is brilliant and helping me so much.

Waching TV in bed.

Old 04-25-2022, 08:42 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Welcome Vic, Tinman, and Brit. Good to see you, Deserto.
PJ, big hugs from across the pond.

😍🤓

Grateful to catch up on ALL of you.
Grateful so many GPers get some fulfillment from their furry pets
Grateful for a soft bed and hot running water
Grateful to brush my teeth tonight and not have sand in toothpaste
Grateful to head home tomorrow
Grateful for my sobriety
Old 04-26-2022, 03:09 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Alpine, mmmm key lime pie!
BritBird, i loved that book too I think. all the quit lit is a bit blurred in my memory but I think that was one where also it was unexpected I would like the book so much but I did.

Grateful to see Free.
Grateful that my sponsor sent me one of the best text responses ever. I apologized for being possibly the most awkward sponsee ever in a text. And she wrote back “The awkward in me honors the awkward in you.” it was so perfect. Made me appreciate her on a whole new level. And I’m grateful for someone to check in with since I’m flying out of state. Don’t immediately feel tempted but just being in another state is a trigger since that’s when I was letting myself drink periodically.
Grateful that a work acquaintance has healed from a spinal cord injury. But it took several years and what I was also grateful yesterday was thinking of her colleagues who very patiently and very slowly would walk her stuff in from the parking lot every single day.
Grateful my daughter got all excited about an app that tracks points and penalties for stuff around the house.
Grateful for a few moments to post here before I head out of town.
Grateful for this group.
Old 04-26-2022, 03:47 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Grateful for a good night's sleep
Grateful Mr Alpine took our canoes out last evening after work. It is so nice being back here. It only took 15 minutes to get where we wanted to launch, nobody else was there, and you don't have to pay, It was raining off and on and when we were loading the boats a huge storm came through and it poured and got very windy. We saw a lot of birds and heard the frogs. Didn't see any turtles
Grateful for all of you