Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 115

Old 06-03-2022, 08:11 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

NLWow, that is a lot to deal with and a lot of disappointment too. Big hug to you and your family.
Old 06-03-2022, 09:13 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

NL, so sorry to hear of your daughter's covid news. Hoping she gets well soon and your son still gets to go to camp.
Palmer, pressure canning isn't too complicated, but one does have to read the USDA guide and follow the steps carefully so as not to give people botulism. Once you have the right equipment and have done a couple batches of it, it's pretty straightforward.
Grateful for a couple of social outings today -- tea/picnic with a bereavement group, and lunch with a couple people from church who are recruiting me to volunteer on finance committee.
Grateful for good sleep last night.
Grateful for time with my grandson last night. I gave him a bath, during which he dumped water on my head, so I got a bath too.
Grateful for the grat packers.
Old 06-03-2022, 10:28 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Alpine - I remember thinking the shag was very cool at the time. (Around the same time as the avocado green & harvest gold appliances....)
PalmerSage - Yes, the area carpets aren't cheap - and sometimes they don't stay in place. We had a Lab who refused to step a paw on wood floors, so we had little carpets scattered everywhere. (He was worth it, though. )
Numblady - At a time when we're kind of relaxing about Covid - to have that happen is so unfair. I can imagine the huge frustration. I'm very sorry. As parents we're supposed to be wise, stay calm, etc. - but your feelings are justified.
Tursiops - Bath time sounds fun - and soggy.
Grateful all my flowers seem to like me & are growing.
Grateful for a sunny, cool day & a breeze.
Grateful to have lost about 5 lbs. Must keep going this time.
Love & hugs to all.

Old 06-03-2022, 01:57 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for my daughter and son in law. they have done so much for me.
Old 06-03-2022, 04:07 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Grateful to catch up on all your posts
NL, hope your daughter feels better soon, and that son can get a negative test and go on his camping trip.
PS, you are such a strong and compassionate woman, you amaze me when you have so much on your plate as well.
Hev, yes, neutral colors are best. 🤢 avocado green and gold appliances, shag carpet, refrigerators, etc. I’m 60, remember them all well not fondly
FBL, grateful for your steadfast presence here
Alpine, glad your mom noticed the flowers and enjoyed the fresh fruit. Canned fruit ? 🤢 yuck! Tell your sister those items are for world end emergencies……..😶
Turs, glad your sleep,is getting better
least, happy that you are settling in and are closer to your daughters support
CBS, hope all is well
CP, glad you are here with us, isn’t gratitude like a magic potion of positivity?
Old 06-03-2022, 04:10 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Grateful that although I don’t feel well, pretty sure it’s not covid
Grateful to chainsaw a little today, and push myself
Grateful our contractor asked for an extra ditch to be made under our driveway, he got stuck in knee deep mud yesterday and fears the large equipment will get stuck without the extra prep and delay.
Grateful for good coffee today
Grateful I have enough energy to make dinner tonight, Chinese dumplings and homemade fried rice, and strawberry salad with poppy seed dressing.
Old 06-03-2022, 04:19 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Free that dinner sounds awesome. I am intrigued with your salad.
Old 06-03-2022, 11:48 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

NL I'm so sorry your daughter has covid, it is so disappointing when plans get changed because of this. We had the same at Xmas and I cried 😢 as we spent nearly all of December isolating as it spread through us all and back then it was 10 days full stop until they changed the rules end of December. I just felt so sad that my kids couldn't do anything festive or fun 😞 then both had chickenpox not long after, felt angry again! But it will pass, hopefully mildly and quickly for her and as you say these things can't be changed even as annoying as they are and hopefully some of the plans can be rearranged.
that books sounds fascinating and has some rave reviews! I'm going to check that out. I'm currently reading Briony Gordon's glorious rock bottom, its not for the easily offended as bad language and quite honest and descriptive accounts of her behaviour but it is very powerful and I can relate to alot of what she sais about how she felt after drinking, overall a very good book so far.
Free dinner sounds delicious and yes please tell us more about the salad and I hope you feel better soon.
Alpine thats lovely, flowers can make a mums day.
hev our first house had an peach suite in the bathroom and swirly carpet in the living room and quite frankly I hated it lol. Well done on the 5lb thats brilliant.
Turs picnic and lunch out sounds perfect I hope you enjoyed it.
fearless sounds like singing went well, Aaron Paul looks a little knee weakening inducing so sounds like you played it cool lol. Never seen breaking bad but alot of people rave about it here so its on my to do list.
CP glad your resolve is strong and the weather is better, hope you enjoyed your walk.
sorry if I missed anyone.

Grateful my tools worked yesterday, been a rubbish week what with one thing or another and all the jubilee celebrations have set the AV off big time but I used my tools and totally grateful to be sober this morning and feeling more positive.

Grateful im going out for dinner tonight.

Grateful for hay-fever tablets, its really annoying me this week!

Grateful I cut the grass yesterday.

Have a good day all. Xx

Old 06-04-2022, 01:59 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another weekend. Grateful that I no longer waste them, getting wasted.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 06-04-2022, 07:06 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

NL, that totally SUCKS about Covid. No way around it.
Hev, I absolutely love that you set scatter rugs around for your lab. I probably wouldn't do that for a person, but I definitely would for a dog. My smaller dog has started sneaking up and hopping in bed with me at night while I'm reading. She's so sweet and snuggly, I wish she could sleep with us but then her sister would demand it too, and that would be a disaster.
Free, thank you so much for your sweet words.
BB, I need to check out that book! Another amazing author is Mary Karr, she writes the best memoirs I've ever read. Highly recommend The Liar's Club as there's a lot about drinking, and then she also wrote Lit, going into more depth.
Turs, yes! Anything involving temperatures and food safety scares me - better stick to the freezer.

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful for waking up in the middle of the night last night with racing thoughts, because it reminds me of how rarely that happens these days.
Grateful for some really great news about my husband's cancer - the treatment is working great!
Grateful for some time with my younger son yesterday, he really is the sweetest kid (I'm not biased in the least, how dare you!)
Grateful my husband is taking my car for a tune-up since I have a long-ish drive tomorrow.
Grateful for a meeting with my boss yesterday - I really like her, but don't always feel connected to her. I was showing her a draft doc that had her official photo on it, and she asked me to change it to a picture of Sandra Bullock, which we did, to mess with the other people in the group. So funny.
Grateful for a new sweatshirt in a bright color I would probably never wear outside the house.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 06-04-2022, 07:10 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Britbird, so glad you shut out the AV through the rubbish week
Least, I’m very happy to see you and to know you are getting settled in
Aly, I miss you. I hope you will check in.
Numblady, I am extremely sorry about your daughter getting Covid and the disruption to life and all the plans that have been so thoughtfully coordinated and anticipated. That is crazy! I can’t imagine how your daughter must be feeling, and son too. Mostly, I hope your daughter is ok and recovers quickly. But all those plans getting screwed up. Ugh! What this generation of kids has had to learn to deal with! Grateful for your strength and staying sober. I agree with what clearpath said
Turps, I love what you do for your family and grandkids. Lol about the bath
Hev, there’s something I wanted to say and forgot 😊
Grateful how we are all learning and relearning to live on life’s terms in sobriety. It is so hard sometimes. But aren’t the rewards great? We are the lucky few ones
Grateful my presentation went very well yesterday. I was not as nervous as I usually get. I was well prepared and worked on my confidence before hand. Mr F texted me the Stuart Smalley video from SNL - I’m good enough, I’m smart enough and doggone it, people like me. Lol! If anyone needs a boost before a big meeting, it’s a good one. 😂
Grateful for my beautiful cogs curled up on each side of me
Grateful to take sonny boy clothing shopping yesterday. His idea. He’s worn the same one sweatshirt and two pairs of jeans all year. He’s going through this new phase finding his look. Grateful Target has tshirts with all the old rockbands he likes. He loves Mr F/Dads music from the 70s - Rolling Stones, led zeplin, plus smashing pumpkins and Green Day.
Grateful to go for a run in a bit and that the weather has cooled
Grateful to also plan a long solo hike his afternoon after a walk with a friend
Grateful for you all!
Old 06-04-2022, 07:12 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Palmer, such awesome news about Mr Ps cancer treatment
Also, I love Sandra Bullock!
Old 06-04-2022, 07:25 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Palmer, that is awesome news!!
Brit, good for you for shutting down the AV
Turs, that kind of cooking scares me.
Grateful I slept well, even though my dreams were yucky with my not so nice sister in them
Grateful for a nice evening with Mr. Alpine and homemade pizza
Grateful for a nice cool breeze as I sit here
Grateful I overcame several frustrations yesterday and did not let the AV take control.
Grateful all the hard work Mr. Alpine does
Grateful for a place to sleep and for food in the refrigerator, and fresh water to drink
Grateful for freedom
Old 06-04-2022, 09:58 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Free - Hope you're feeling better today.
Brit - We've enjoyed watching the celebration on TV. I know what you mean about being tempted at times in the early days of recovery. Holidays & vacations were especially challenging, but I grew to love being free of the obsession.
PalmerSage - No - definitely no scatter rugs for a person. We never knew why he was so afraid to slip - we got him at 18 mos. & he was a big boy. MrHev would have to pick him up & carry him into the vet's office for checkups because there was no carpet & the floors were highly waxed. Kind of inconsiderate, I thought.
So grateful to know that your husband's treatment is working well!

Fearless - Nice to know sonny has excellent musical taste.

Grateful MrH is loving being a homeowner so far. & is enjoying yard work. ? We always rented, & this is a bit scary - anything that goes wrong is on us now. Grateful for the privacy & to know this is the last stop after moving so much.
Grateful for a new birdbath. Looks bronze but is resin - birds are loving it so far.
Grateful to read all your thoughts & feelings. Grateful for you.
Old 06-04-2022, 10:33 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Well unfortunately, the Goat Squad did not show up the other day for the consult. They are not great at communicating. I hope I hear from them soon. I am really excited about the possibility. It is quite expensive though.

Fearless I am going to look for the Stuart Smalley video.
PS I am so glad the cancer treatment is working for your husband!
NL I am so sorry your daughter has Covid. I hope she does not get very sick. I can relate to the frustration of plans being ruined. I don't take that well myself. But hopefully, once you accept it you can move on and make the best of it.
Hev I am glad you are enjoying home ownership. It is a big deal.
Alpine I am glad you had good sleep in spite of not so good dreams.
BB I hope your hay fever gets better soon. I guess the mowing set it off.
Free I hope you fell better. And that dinner sounds amazing.
Turs I love bath time with my grand and she sometimes gets me wet too.

Grateful I bought a juicer and made my first juice yesterday. Beet, cucumber, spinach. lime, celery and apple. Today I may try a more simple one. I like to mix it with sparkling water and call it a mocktail.
Grateful that I will be picking up my new bike tomorrow and my husband and I are going for a ride on the Greenway.
Grateful that it cooled off and is not so humid.
Grateful that I finally got all the paperwork mailed to the attorney for my mom's estate. Now I wait for the Letters of Administration from the courts so we can start settling things. It takes a long time to settle an estate apparently.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful a friend has offered her beach house. We hope to go next weekend.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Old 06-04-2022, 01:08 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

PS, I'm so glad to hear your husband's treatment is working!
Alpine, glad you persevered through the frustrations and did not let AV take over.
CBS, it's amazing how long estate work can take. It can be very frustrating and resources are tied up for awhile. I'm still not done with Mr. T's, one year later -- will be five more months before probate closes.
Grateful I did a massive spring clean yesterday (well, not that massive, but I dusted everything in the house, which felt massive). Glad to have a clean house today.
Grateful that I eventually went to sleep after being awake hours and hours for no reason I could discern.
Grateful I'll be watching the grandbaby this afternoon.
Grateful I can gratiwhine here! Love the GP.
Old 06-04-2022, 01:15 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Just stopping in mid-day to say Hi and thanks for being you..all of you, I appreciate it.
Old 06-04-2022, 03:43 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Administrator

We continue here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...art-116-a.html (Morning Gratitude Part 116)

D