Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 115

Old 04-22-2022, 05:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Morning Gratitude Part 115

last part here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-114-a-20.html (Morning Gratitude Part 114)
Old 04-22-2022, 09:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks Dee!

Grateful to get back to Grats!
Grateful for a sober Saturday wake up! Brilliant.
Grateful I can go through a bad day without wanting to ‘pick up’.
Grateful for the Grat Pack and SR and all who sail in her!

Old 04-22-2022, 10:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Grateful.
Old 04-23-2022, 02:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

to be alive
Old 04-23-2022, 03:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Grateful the moving truck is unloaded and returned,. We just have things all over the place
I hope everyone is well
Old 04-23-2022, 03:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Grateful to not have woken up hungover
Grateful for family time today sober
Old 04-23-2022, 04:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for this new chapter monsieur Dee

Grateful to be sober and clean on this Saturday morning ☼
Old 04-23-2022, 04:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Grateful to see everyone in here. TinMan, welcome!
Grateful that even though I feel kind of awful and sick to my stomach this morning, I have the satisfaction of knowing it’s not self inflicted.
Grateful Alpine made it home.
Grateful for the weekend.
Old 04-23-2022, 04:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

So grateful for Dee and the new thread! Mags, I love that "thanks" graphic.
Happy to see Tinman and Canadian Koala
Fearless, I hope you were able to wrap up early yesterday, you seem really busy lately!
Alpine, yay! The drive is over, and you have your sweet Riley back (although it sounds like your MIL loved spoiling him).

Grateful for coffee, even when it's a little blah like today.
Grateful to see all the trees blooming, bright greens and pink.
Grateful to have a little bit of mental clarity about a rough patch at work. I'm very prone to catastrophizing, but trying to focus on just navigating this "season" with the knowledge that it will pass in due time. Grateful that the s**t hit the fan at the end of the week, so now I have the weekend to reset my thinking and get myself organized.
Grateful for the latest season of Better Call Saul (unfortunately the last).
Grateful to be up early and feeling fairly motivated.
Grateful I was able to drop off Chik-fil-A for my younger son yesterday, and that he still appreciates little things like cookies.
Grateful my older son is being proactive about figuring out some college stuff on his own.
Grateful to be thinking consciously about my eating habits and auto-correct.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 04-23-2022, 05:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Thanks, Dee!

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 04-23-2022, 10:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Alpine - Glad you made it & are back with (chunky) Riley.
TinMan & CK - Hello!
Tried to catch up - missed a lot in those days we were without power.
Aly - Hoping your back pain is less.
CBS - Congrats on your 16+ months!
Deserto - Happy you have a new roommate - sounds good!
Fearless - I loved The Valuable Time of Maturity. I agree with all of it.
Grateful to be back to normalcy.
Grateful for the brave little daffodils that lived through the big snow.
Grateful for vaca plans - probably just to the beach this year, but still will be nice.
Grateful for a routine checkup in early May. It's forcing me to watch what I eat so I won't be horrified when I get on the dreaded dr.'s scale. (Which often malfunctions, just as the bathroom scale does.)
Love to all.
​​​​​​​
Old 04-23-2022, 10:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

PS, s and 💗 I'm sorry you seem to be going through some tough times. Sending good vibes to you. You are just lovely and kind, like so many people here.
I may rest today. I haven't been feeling well again. My back really hurts. I think I'm going to be getting another Radiofrequency Ablation. It seems to help, but when it wears off, ouch! I have to do laundry tomorrow. I hope the loads are too big! My mom said she'd help me if the loads were big. I don't feel right about lettling her help me.
Grateful for waking up with a new attitude. I got really mad at my mom yesterday and I'm afraid I didn't behave very well. I really have to watch that. She's old, but she can really get under one's skin sometimes. Sometimes I think I resent her so much because of the abuse I grew up from her. Unfortunately sometimes it's all I see when I look at her. I am also her least favorite and my youngest sister, who is her precious favorite and a complete addict and jerk and violent. I don't get why mom really seems to dislike me so. My dad and I were really close and that made her furious too. It's really too bad. She's a beautiful woman but has a problem. She grew up with horrifying parents. Even at 84 yo she looks really good. Now she's skinny, after losing weight in the nursing home. Good for her! I love her but she is difficult at time. I suppose I am too and I feel like I owe her amends, but I'm afraid she won't accept it. I'm seriously thinking of moving as our relationship is getting worse. I worry about my car making a long trip though. I do want a new car! Lotto tickets!
Grateful for the Grat pack. You are all so special to me.
Looking forward to tomorrow, Hevyn! 💗

Thank you, Dee!
Old 04-23-2022, 02:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Thanks for the new Part Dee. today I'm just grateful that I'm still alive - everything being what it is, at least I'm still breathing. asking for prayers for my cat franny she's got a problem with her red blood cells.

Vet is going to give her steroids for two weeks to see if that helps.
Old 04-23-2022, 06:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Tinman!
Thanks Dee!
(((pj)))
((((aly))))
Alpine, nice that everything is unloaded. Though I understand the next part - getting everything organized - is also stressful
Least, poor Franny. I hope the treatment works and she’s ok
Hev, glad you and the daffodils survived
Numblady, I hope you are feeling better by now
Palmer, yes - things have been busy. Some of it is self inflicted. Ok, most of it is, not just some. The reason seems to be because of catastrophizing my life. Or, waiting for the other shoe to drop. Worrying that when that happens, I won’t have time to meet my work goals. So I work ahead. My goals for 2022 were assigned a month ago, and I’m 75% done. Lol. I’ve always been like this. Ever since my mom got very ill and I was just always waiting ready for her to die at any moment. I never wanted this to interfere with my life so I poured myself into school, and later work. But she didn’t die until I turned 40. By then, I had developed this pattern of living and thinking. It’s not a terrible thing. On the other hand hyper-vigilantly always scanning my environment for the next worst thing that can happen creates anxiety. Not sure this makes sense. I’m trying to focus on the NOW. My life is very good NOW. So what is the point of worrying what bad things could happen? My therapist really has encouraged me to reflect on this. Also, I’m thinking about how I was totally unprepared for many crises in my life, yet I always figured it out, even though it wasn’t perfect, and I came out stronger. I know I have resilience and that is good to remember.

By the way, just started watching Better Call Saul a couple weeks ago. Only in season 2 and loving it!
Grateful for seemingly endless bingeable series to watch
Grateful for a fun time and breakfast in Napa with a close friend. Grateful I don’t automatically equate Napa with wine like I used to
Grateful to say goodbye to the neighbors and give a gift. Planning to stop by one more time Monday for sonny boy to say goodbyes since he was with a friend today
Grateful to welcome the new neighbors moving in next week. Will miss the other ones but honestly even though I always thought of the potential, we never became that close. Have already met the new folks. Close in age and seem nice. Enjoy hiking. Grateful to think of friendship possibilities. Or at least feeling good about knowing they’ll be good neighbors
Grateful to be sitting in living room with Charlie looking at the view from the big windows and listening to jazz
Grateful for the beautiful Marin and Sonoma landscape. I never want to leave here. I am so blessed
Old 04-23-2022, 10:14 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Grateful to see dolphins today.
Grateful I was able to move my room to get away from the neighbor who was talking loudly throughout the night.
Grateful for company at meals with other divers.
Grateful for the beautiful sunset.
Old 04-24-2022, 03:42 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I am still trying to catch up with all of you and what's going on in your l lives so soor if I don't acknowledge you. I am grateful to be back with all of you. Give me couple of days and I should be up to speed
Grateful Mr. Alpine was able to get his work station in the apartment up and running. He is still working for the same company and will be flying back every 4 weeks initially
Grateful to be back with Riley. He has been spending the nights with Grandma.
Grateful to have seen my mom yesterday. Mr Alpine was not believing me when I was telling him how much she declined since he saw her in November. When he visited with her he agreed with me that declined quickly. I will save details for Whiners, I don't want to take away gratitude
Grateful to watch Riley run around my MIL's back yard full speed then plop down in her garden
Grateful that on walks with Riley he likes to stop and smell the flowers he finds.. he definitely likes take his time and smell the flowers in life.. I can learn a lot from him.
Old 04-24-2022, 04:26 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Oh yes, many thanks to Dee for the new part and everything else he does around here!
Prayers going up for Franny.
Aly, I am sorry things are so rough with your mom. It seems like if you can’t move you absolutely need some breaks if you are to continue caretaking like this. I hope your sisters step up (seems unlikely), you can move, or you get some help from a local council on aging or similar org. You can’t do this alone. No one can or should. Sending big hugs.
Alpine, I’m sorry about your mom and as far as I’m concerned you always do an admirable job of staying caught up.
Speaking of caught up, just saying hi and lots of love to everyone else!

Grateful for daffodils. Hev, I feel like they have proliferated everywhere but maybe I’m just noticing them more. They don’t bloom so much here like they do where it’s a bit colder but when i was back home in AR, they were seemingly everywhere.
Grateful to be feeling somewhat better today.
Grateful for going over to a friend’s birthday with just me and the kids. The kids swam and the adults were actually able to converse. I also really appreciated how everyone there seemed to be very much a normie. I think when I would go to these things with my husband i felt so left out and other. But really it was he who was pounding the drinks. Most everyone else has one or two and if it’s really crazy, three.
Grateful to be meeting in person with my sponsor today. Scary but exciting!
Grateful for this group. So much.
Old 04-24-2022, 05:45 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Aly, sending hugs. That sounds like an incredibly tough situation with your mom - agree with NL that you really need and deserve a break.
Fearless, I can completely relate to everything you wrote (except working ahead, I'm an anxious procrastinator!) So happy you're getting into Better Call Saul, in my opinion the first couple of seasons were a little slow but it's SO good now!!!
Alpine, it really sucks when our parents decline. So happy you have Mr. A for support.
NL, what a great feeling to be around normies and feel comfortable. Good luck with the sponsor meeting, I hope you guys click!
Least, sending all my good vibes for your sweet cat, I hope they are able to resolve her problem.

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful to wake up in a clean bedroom. Grateful to be thinking about all the time I seem to spend cleaning - I can never get on top of it. Definitely first-world problems due to the size of my house, but I'm actually allowing myself to think about moving to a smaller house. Definitely within four years.
Grateful my younger son came and woke up his dad for an early morning workout. Grateful he's developing some good routines at a young age. Grateful his neck injury from Friday's lacrosse game wasn't too serious (at least it doesn't seem like it).
Grateful the weather is getting to the point where I truly have NO excuses left to avoid walks.
Grateful I made an apple pie yesterday, even though it lasted about 2 seconds.
Grateful I woke up fairly early, even though I also wish I could have slept for another hour or two!
Grateful to be sober.
Old 04-24-2022, 08:08 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Alpine, sorry your mom has declined. Spend as much time being in the moment with her. As dementia progresses, the present moment is all they have ❤️
CBS, how are you doing?
Turps, sounds like you are having a fun time!
Numblady, glad you feel better and got out
Palmer, yes, I agree about Saul. Season 1 especially dragged. We are just at the end of S2 and things are ramping up. I love that Lenny from Lavern and Shirley is in it. He’s so cucko. He’s a good actor!
By the way, I feel the same about my house. I am torn. I feel that someday we should move to smaller single level house, but I love this house so much and don’t want to move. So I’m getting back to the present and enjoying where I’m at right NOW!
Grateful to find I’m not the only one a little freaked out about the stock market. But I can’t control this and I’m in it for long term so just riding it out like the experts say. It’s not like this is the first time this has happened 😜
Grateful for lemon pound cake from Trader Joe’s
Grateful for a new duvet and sheet set. So pretty. Cogs will have to adjust to the different feel. It’s not snagable material like the old one that they could easily scratch
Grateful to go for a run this morning, a hike with Mr F later, then a walk later with friend. Grateful for a sunshiny day
Old 04-24-2022, 10:57 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fearless - I focus on the next worst thing that could happen far too much. I agree it's imperative to live in the Now. Why do we sabotage ourselves?
Aly - Hope the laundry chore wasn't too miserable & you didn't hurt your back. I missed just one wash day due to power being out & it was as if a family of eight moved in & stuffed the hamper with their clothes. I'm sorry your mom has been difficult to cope with.
PalmerSage - I hope things go ok at work this week. I read about your end-of-week drama. Glad your son wasn't hurt too badly. Yes - we must walk - it's warm here, and yet.......
Tursiops - Seeing Dolphins - that would make everything much better.
NL - Hope the sponsor meetup goes well.
Warm and sunny - MrH did a bunch of yard work whilst I did laundry. Empty hamper day.
Grateful for the nice weather and warm up.
Grateful for using willpower to leave the news turned off.
Grateful there are no candy eating occasions coming up. If it's here in the house I can't leave it alone.
Grateful to be able to open windows.
Grateful for the ever-wonderful GP.