View Single Post
Old 05-01-2022, 08:54 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Fearlessat50

Triple that, britbird 😊
CBS, you have a lot going on. That’s too much loss in a short period, and now covid on top of everything. My heart aches for you. I’m trying to think of grief support resources. Was your mom on hospice? If so, the agency usually provides support for a period of time. I had twelve weeks of counseling through them. Free. Of course, since grief involves many complex issues and often combines other losses cumulatively, I was able to talk about prior deaths along with my Dads, including siblings and mom. It was very helpful. I did end up going back to therapy afterwards. Oh, also if you are still working (I can’t remember if you are retired or not) your company might have an EAP or mental health wellness resources. You could check with your HR? Surrounding you with lotsa love ❤️
Palmer, TJs is on my list today. As is Target!
Numblady, I’m glad you didn’t cave. When you describe the scene there, I can’t help but think of a Bravo tv Housewives ladies get away episode 😂
Turps, so great to see you back!

Grateful for a good time with family in law yesterday. We celebrated a sixteenth birthday. It was quite a reunion with Mr Fs sister having not seen her ex, the father of the kids, in several years. They are both with other partners now. Things went well between them. But the Dad’s health is deteriorating from cancer. One of his sons, our other nephew, has grown bitter and estranged. He and his family were not there. They are moving to another state next month. We are trying to arrange a party. I could go on about the family drama. My sil broke down in tears throughout the day over several sad memories over the years. One thing I am grateful for is the time the younger cousins, including sonny boy, spent together innocently playing video games, board games, then outside in the son seemingly not a care in the world. Just being in the moment and bonding. Also grateful that not a single person at this get together drank alcohol. At least three are recovered alcoholics.
Grateful sonny boy asked me to make lasagna tonight. He is open to trying new foods again. He is still challenged with sensory issues that affect him around food and eating. I make a mean lasagna so I’m hoping he likes it
Grateful to get out for a long run
Grateful for you