Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 115

Old 04-26-2022, 04:28 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful to read your grats here every morning.

Grateful to have my eye issues all sorted now. It's been a 3 year odyssey that I'm glad is over!

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 04-26-2022, 09:49 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Prayers going to a friend of mine who fell off the wagon pretty badly. Grateful she saw her doctor and is in rehab now.
Prayers for my relationship with my mother. I'm not going to bug her any more about certain things that seemed to come to a cathartic burst last night. I don't want to think about it anymore. Of course, the AV moves in when you're feeling vulnerable or HALT, which I was all of them. We have to care enough about ourselves to make sure we are care well for us!
Grateful for all of you. I think we may be kind of hot today. I should try to get some things done today. I didn't sleep well so whether I get anything accomplished remains to be seen.
Great day to all!
Old 04-26-2022, 10:06 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Brit - Must check that one out. Thanks.
Numb - Very helpful & reassuring response from sponsor.
Alpine - I love it that you went canoeing. Still a bit chilly, but it's good you got started.
FBL - Must be such a relief to have the eye troubles behind you.
Aly - Grateful your friend got help. Prayers going up.
Grateful for the healthiness of yogurt - though I'm a little sick of it.
Grateful melatonin seems to have helped.
Grateful when the truth is known.
Grateful for every one of you.
:

Old 04-26-2022, 10:28 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

grateful to wake up sober.
Old 04-26-2022, 01:31 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hi there Grat Packers. So much to say and so little time. My mother passed away on Friday night. Earth Day. Which is somehow fitting because she was a lover of nature and animals especially. We buried her today. She wanted a natural burial at a nature preserve about an hour north of her home. It all went well. Just 10 family members. Next month we will do a celebration of life for more people.

I have missed you all. I was visiting her twice a day up until the day she died. She only suffered the last few days. I hope to get caught up soon. Heading back home tonight on the train.

Grateful for the staff at the preserve that did a great job for my mother's natural burial today.
Grateful to be heading home after being gone 13 days.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful the train is only running 45 minutes late.
Grateful my daughters have taken care of our pets while we have been gone.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Old 04-26-2022, 01:35 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

CBS, so very sorry. Sending love and prayers. Thankfully you were there for her. I'm just so very sorry. My sincere condolences.
Take good care and we are all with you.
Old 04-26-2022, 01:39 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

It really is a good book, I've read a few now and that's definitely the one that's hitting home for me the most.

grateful to have got some fresh air and exercise today.

Grateful to have cleaned the car today, it was driving me mad how messy it was.

Grateful to be going to bed early.

Hope everyone is doing well 💗
Old 04-26-2022, 01:47 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

CBS I'm sorry I was typing and didn't see your post 😔 so apologies

I'm so so sorry for your loss, losing a parent is such a terrible hard thing. I'm glad you mum had a send off that was perfect for her from what you've said, I lost my dear mum and her send off was exactly what she wanted and I think we take great comfort from that during the hard times, thoughts with you at such a difficult time and be kind to yourself after a very tough time.
Old 04-26-2022, 01:53 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

CBS, I am so sorry. Big hug to you
Old 04-26-2022, 02:53 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

CBS I'm very sorry for the loss of your mother. how fitting that a lover of nature should die on Earth Day.
Old 04-26-2022, 08:30 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

grateful to be sober, over 2500days...

ME!

despite stuff happening , so much better than those lonely. dark drinking days
Old 04-27-2022, 03:39 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

(((CBS))). What a fitting tribute. So very sorry, though. I am glad the suffering was limited but I imagine even a few days can feel like a lot when seeing someone you love suffer. Hope the train ride was peaceful and you will go easy on yourself when back.
FBL, so glad to hear that the eye issue is better.
Alpine, you sound like a devoted canoer! So glad you could find a quite accessible spot.
Aly, prayers going up for your relationship with your mom.
least, prayers for your pain.
PhoenixJ that is awesome!
Hev, good for you eating that yogurt
Brit, isn’t going to bed early the best ever?
And hi and love to everyone else here!

Grateful travel was uneventful. Just kind of long.
Grateful when we arrived we went almost straight to a reservation I had made at a recommended Indian restaurant. It did not disappoint.
Grateful to turn in early and sleep at least okayish for being in a strange place.
Grateful that even though they don’t have coffee in the rooms, there are two big machines that make coffee on demand.
Grateful we don’t even have to be to the conference until the middle of the day so we might sneak in some shopping. Not that I need to be spending money but I have no shoes that are very workable. Even my tennis shoes are so old that the inside foam is just worn down to nothing.
Grateful for some time to do yoga (although what I mostly want to do is go back to bed).
Grateful for all those who work in the hotel service industry.
Grateful for the GP.
Old 04-27-2022, 03:48 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

CBS, I'm so sorry about your mom, although it sounds like you were able to get there in enough time to be with her for a little while. It must be a relief to have that part behind you, and to feel like you honored her and comforted her during her last days. Of course, the grief process is probably just beginning - thinking of you.

PJ, 2,500 days is a HUGE accomplishment, even (especially?) when things just kind of suck.
NL, that's an awesome comment by your sponsor - mutual awkwardness is a great place to start!
Aly, I'm glad your friend was able to get back on track, rather than continuing to fall into the black hole we've all experienced.
Alpine, it's great that you and Mr. A are finally reunited and are doing fun stuff together.
Fearless, I feel the same about my teens vs. some of the things other parents have to deal with (knock on wood!)
Free, thanks for the reminder about a soft bed and hot water - very grateful for those too!
Hev, isn't there key lime yogurt? Might be worth a try even though it is NOT the same.

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful for a beautiful morning, and lots of green everywhere. Grateful to live where I do.
Grateful for an honest conversation with one of my colleagues, who used to be a friend, then wasn't, and now might be again? We were able to hear each other out, and get some things off our chest. Hopefully it will result in changed behavior on both of our parts.
Grateful that a presentation scheduled for yesterday was cancelled. Grateful that my last one for this week is today, and then I should be able to catch up on some important stuff.
Grateful for morning quiet, even though my husband constantly sets his alarm for an early time and proceeds to keep hitting snooze, while I wake up on the first one and can't get back to sleep.
Grateful my boss isn't a micromanager.
Grateful to be able to celebrate my mom's birthday today.
Grateful she is so easy to please.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 04-27-2022, 03:51 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

PJ, that is so awesome!!
Brit, going to bed early is one of my favorite things
Grateful for another sober day
Grateful that my MIL loves Riley and prefers to have him sleep with her at night. Yes we miss him but it makes her happy to have a nighttime buddy and he seems content.
Grateful for the rain and little snow this morning, I know it will heat up soon enough
Grateful I still have..had some KeyLime pie left in the fridge so Mr. Alpine and I had a piece last night. I took a piece over to my Mom the other day and she was not feeling the best and did not even move off of her chair so I left it in her refrigerator and when I spoke with her yesterday she said she could not stand long because of her pain but could stand all day if I brought more pie over to her. ( she eats standing up sometimes)
Grateful for all of you
Old 04-27-2022, 04:33 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 04-27-2022, 06:48 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Aly - Prayers for your friend, glad they are in rehab now and getting help. Prayers for your relationship with your mom. There is a FREE podcast about boundaries. Beyond Bitchy. Worth a listen, you can scroll to the topic title you like, then go in about 30 seconds to pass the dumb intro and commercial sponsor stuff.

FBL - so glad for your steadfast presence here

Hev - yogurt, yeah, I get it…..ODAAT, keep up the good work! (Pretend you LIKE it, it tricks your brain 🤓❤️

least - so glad to see you here regularly 🥰

CBS - so sorry about your mom, seems like everything went smoothly. Safe travels home.

Brit - GLa dour sleeping better, will have to scroll back about book unless you care to restate the title again 😜

Alpine - Glad you are at the new place, boxes all around or not, and that Riley has mutual affection for your MIL. Big prayers for your moms reduction in pain.

PS - glad you had that talk with coworker. It takes two to listen, actively listen, and institute behavior change. I think that’s a great positive!

NL- glad your trip is safe and sober! Our anxieties about being sober in groups in early sobriety is SO much worse than reality. I’m with you in the coffee…….MUST HAVE ☕️☕️☕️

PJ - glad to se you! I hope those meds start kicking in, those antidepressants take so long

Old 04-27-2022, 06:54 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Good morning gratters!
There was so much I wanted to say yesterday morning to each of you but there was a distraction and I didn’t end up posting anything
Hi Britbird! Glad to see you here. I downloaded that book. I love sober recovery stories. It’s been a while since I’ve read one so I’m due 😊
Numblady, love the comment about the awkward in me. I used it with a slight variation yesterday. Someone asked if what they said seemed weird. So, the weird in me honors the weirdness in you 😊
Hev, how lovely to have popcorn for lunch. Popcorn with Reece’s pieces is sometimes a special treat I give myself on Friday nights. That day can’t get here fast enough!

CBS!!! I am so sorry. I’ve been thinking about you a lot lately. I hope you are surrounded by support and taking care of you during this time of loss ❤️
Aly, you would not have admired me or my family yesterday morning. Mr F and I got into a very strange big fight. I was thinking of ideas to start an article for work. I was deciding whether to use the butterfly effect or the domino effect in explaining a topic and was considering the differences. I asked Mr F his opinion. I don’t know. I guess it was either too early in the morning or not a good time, too much caffeine. Not really sure. But somehow this ended up in a very heated discussion. Isn't that cray cray? Fortunately, we quickly got over it, he apologized and we moved on. Then last night we laughed about it 😜
Grateful I decided on the butterfly effect
Grateful to get my second booster yesterday. Just a little soreness last night but it didn’t effect my sleep
Grateful to visit a friend after getting jabbed. Fun short visit. Grateful her autistic son seems to be doing better
Grateful to reflect on memories with the neighbors last 10 years. They left yesterday and the new folks are moving in now. Feeling just a little sad. Change does that to me. Just another form of loss. But I am looking forward to getting to know the new peeps. The man is same age as Mr F. Hoping he makes a new friend.
Grateful for better call Saul
Old 04-27-2022, 06:55 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Grateful for coffee
Grateful for the trip, all the nature, and to realize we are so insignificant. Seems like climate change has been happening for eons, and we can’t stop it. To think the top layers of Grand Canyon were sea bed, and also some layers in the middle. Each inch of layer is 1000 years!
Grateful got up and atom, our conch shell wake up call was 0530 each day on river
Grateful for my sobriety. Nobody noticed I wasn’t drinking booze! So don’t need it to live or have fun. Glad I’m making those pathways in my brain and retraining it.
Grateful for all of you.
Grateful for Moms……We love them even if they are mean, or we weren’t/aren’t their favorite. It’s a thankless task to be a mom, that’s fore sure. I miss my Mum. It’s been 24 years.
Old 04-27-2022, 06:58 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hi Fearless, thank you for that poem, I found it when reading through posts and catching up. I copied it, read it to husband, and sent it to my MIL.

Havent seen Better Call Saul.

Yes, cray cray. I’d pick butterflies too. Big hugs that the withdrawals in the relationship are balanced with some credits this week.
Old 04-27-2022, 10:36 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

PJ, huge congrats on your sober accomplishment!!