Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 114

Old 03-25-2022, 08:57 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Fearless, thank you for your support and for checking in on my. It means so much to me. Sending love to you too, soba sista! Love you! 💗☮💫
Old 03-25-2022, 10:03 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Fearless, thinking of you as you remember your mom today.
CBS, thinking of you on the loss of your brother. It makes total sense that you would still be feeling numb, it having happened with no warning. And the anger is a normal response too. Hugs to you.
Thinking of Least this morning.
Grateful that the pinched nerve in neck/shoulder I felt in bed last night, seems to feel ok when I'm up and moving around. Hope it shakes loose today.
Grateful for watercolor paints which are bringing me a lot of joy.
Grateful for the Chestnut-Backed Chickadee which visited the yard today, hadn't seen him in awhile.
Old 03-25-2022, 10:44 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

FBL - Hoping the eye op. goes smoothly.
PalmerSage - I forgot you had tried the fasting. Maybe I'll give it a shot if you've had success. Although, MrHev loves to cook dinner - would it be fair to take away one of his favorite pastimes?
Alpine - What a nice reunion it will be!
Fearless - I'm grateful too for our family here. I'm the older sister.
Thoughts are with you as you remember your dear Mom.
CBS - I have a cookie problem too. Also a cheesecake problem.
Aly - Grateful for you, too. Hoping mom is doing better & your stress level will go down.
Grateful for Robins in the yard - looks like they're looking for a nesting spot maybe.
Grateful for a relatively quiet neighborhood, except for the one person who blasts music & makes windows shake. Grateful I can hear though.
Grateful we have gathered more stuff for the resale shop. Down to bare bones.
Grateful for all of you & our camaraderie.

Old 03-25-2022, 11:04 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful for a sober Saturday morning.

link for Whinys

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ur-whines.html
Old 03-26-2022, 03:33 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful that my eye procedure was a success! My vision is back to where it was post cataract surgery...better than ever!

Grateful to get an update on Least. She's currently in the hospital, but is okay. I hope she knows how much the Grat Pack misses her posts!

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 03-26-2022, 04:57 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Grateful for another day
Grateful for the rain
Grateful to hear the birds on my walks
Grateful for all of you
Old 03-26-2022, 05:44 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Grateful to FBL for the update on least! And so grateful the surgery was a success.
Grateful to read several of you thinking about/trying intermittent fasting. Maybe I will try it some day too. For those of you who have tried it, did you read a particular book or follow a particular guideline??
Grateful for a very nice memorial service for my grandfather. It makes such a difference when the officiant knows the person, and in this case, my grandparents were members of the church for FIFTY years so they were well known to the minister.
Grateful I made it through the day sober. When everyone was gathered at my cousin’s house yesterday evening, no one was pressuring me at all but I just really wanted to feel altered. It is hard for me to explain how I simultaneously feel on a fundamental level that I do not want to mute my life with substances and that I cannot create a life I don’t need to escape with the life sucking influence of alcohol still holding sway—and yet in so many individual moments feel a compulsion to be as anesthetized as possible. I don’t know why I am white knuckling so much right now — but I am.
Grateful for a nice walk yesterday afternoon. In hindsight I should have just gone on my own and listened to a podcast because I ended up in a bit of a fight with my sister. But oh well.
Grateful everyone here can probably relate to the complex and sometimes difficult dynamics within a family.
Grateful for church volunteers who serve lemonade and coffee.
Grateful for the Air BnB my mom got. Out my window are a network of bird feeders and there is lots of activity. Wish I knew what any birds were but alas.
Grateful to hear one of my cousins has quit drinking. I was a little worried about him back around the time of my brother’s funeral but it seemed like maybe that night was just an anomaly. Anyhow, however he got there, I’m grateful for it. (I didn’t get a chance to talk to him — just heard through my sister after he had left town).
Grateful for some yummy Indian food last night.
Grateful I got one of my grandpa’s antique harmonicas to take home, along with one of my grandma’s quilts, though I’m not sure that is going to fit in my bag
Grateful for all of you.
Old 03-26-2022, 06:55 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Turs I hope your neck feels better today.
FBL that is great that your eye procedure did what it was supposed to do. Also thanks for the update on least.
Hev I love your positive spin that you are grateful you can hear in spite of what you hear from the neighbor's sometimes. My neighborhood is quiet except for barking dogs, usually mine, so I have to be sensitive to it and get him in.
Alpine I love hearing the birds especially the Barred owls that live nearby.
Mags thanks for the Whiners link.
NL I relate to a lot of what you said. I struggle too, between wanting to be sober but also wanting an escape sometimes.

Grateful that my doubles partner and I won our tennis match yesterday and our team won.
Grateful for the weekend. I hope I can get a lot done and get some R&R. Not drinking will help ;0)
Grateful for my sobriety. 464 days.
Grateful my granddaughter is sweet.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Old 03-26-2022, 07:13 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the thoughts about the guests. Didn’t get to post yesterday. Caught up on all of you. We saw a movie last night called The Adam Project, and for orphans like me (both parents deceased) and anyone else who’ve lost parents, partners, etc., so important to say the things you want/should/need to before they pass. My prayers for comfort and peace for all of you in that regard, for peace and fond memories.

Prayers for least, that her team is intelligent and compassionate, and that her body gets the nutrition and mobility it needs to heal quickly.

Happy for the house, CO, is a hot place. No where else on earth do we sell in one day but here it seems, Alpine.

PS, hope your hubby is feeling ok today after his treatment. I realize sometimes it’s a day or two later it can hit hard.

FBL, glad you have your sight restored! I’m thankful for all the people who went to medical and nursing school, and can care for patients with the latest and greatest technologies.

Im not sure about IF. It can wreak havoc on your metabolism unless you combine rigorous exercise with it, and that’s hard to do…….pun intended, exercise caution with that 😁
Old 03-26-2022, 07:15 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Aly, we live in a condo with front loading machines. The guests here keep the doors closed😫. Whenever I walk by I try to open them to prevent MORE mold from happening.

Mags, it’s so good to have you on this thread.🥰
Old 03-26-2022, 07:19 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Grateful for horrible sleep, makes me appreciate the good nights when they happen.
Grateful the tourists will be gone soon.
Grateful for coffee
Grateful for my retirement too (NL)😜
Grateful that perhaps the jerks upstairs might leave tomorrow, and grateful they don’t live here full time.
Grateful for walking two days in a row.
Grateful for a special dressing I put on my hand incision, it helps prevent zingers.
EVER so grateful my guests are gone
Old 03-26-2022, 07:34 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

NL, it sounds like your grandpa had a really nice service, and you were able to hang out with family. You guys have had a lot of togetherness lately! I can also relate to wanting to feel altered sometimes in the moment, but the longer I've been sober the easier it's become.
FBL, thanks for the update on Least and letting us know how you're doing.
Fearless, I'm thinking of you and the loss of your parents, especially your mom right now. I can also relate to kind of wanting to fire friends sometimes. When I was drinking, I was really conflict-averse, and I still am sober but to a much lesser degree. At our age, it's so much more about authentic connections and supportive people - and of course a sense of humor never hurts!
Hev and CBS, yes - cookies and everything else I can get my hands on sometimes! Today I weighed myself because I want to be accountable, even though I went off the rails eating-wise last night.
Mags, thanks for the Whiners link - I'm going to check it out!

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful for sleeping in, even though it was a pretty fitful night.
Grateful my older son was waitlisted from a school instead of being flat-out rejected.
Grateful he only has one more to go, and it's a big one - then allowing him to make a decision and getting on with our lives.
Grateful for a relaxing night.
Grateful I was able to take the day off work for my husband's treatments, and that they went smoothly. Grateful for nice nurses and NPs.
Grateful my husband took my younger son to lacrosse practice this morning.
Grateful the sun is shining (or trying to!)
Grateful to be sober, and for all the great folks here.

Old 03-26-2022, 07:56 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Turps, I hope your neck and shoulder feel better today
Aly, back atcha sober sista!
Grateful least is being cared for round the clock. Healing vibes for speedy recovery!
FBL, glad your eye op was a success!
Numblady, I’m glad the memorial went well. I’m sorry you are white knuckling it. I’m so glad you stayed sober despite the discomfort. Every time you resist the AV, you are developing a stronger neural pathway to long term sobriety and it will get easier over time
I also have seen some mixed information about intermittent fasting. I’ve read it’s not good for people with a history of eating disorders or with diabetes. Though I’ve read it can help prevent diabetes by controlling blood sugar, just not after it’s full blown? Like free said, and she’s a nurse so probably knows best, it should be combined with other healthy practices like exercise and good nutrition. For myself, I like to refer to the IF as time restricted eating instead. The term “fasting” has a bad wrap. My mom had a severe eating disorder. My approach is simple. I don’t eat after 6 pm at night and I don’t eat again until 8 am. That’s considered a 14 hour intermittent fast. I have more energy and have more nights where I sleep better. Somehow I think I feel more cognitively aware. But again, I pair this with a holistic healthy lifestyle. Numblady, I can pm you some Information
CBS, congrats on the tennis, and the 464 days!

Grateful for friends coming for dinner
Grateful for nice weather
Grateful for fresh blueberries with healthy granola and DF yogurt
Grateful for a long run soon
Grateful everything passes and for new beginnings
Old 03-26-2022, 07:58 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Thank you for commiserating, Palmer. Glad you took yesterday off to be with your husband and glad his treatments went well!
Old 03-26-2022, 10:07 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

FBL, so glad your eye surgery went well.
NL, glad your grandpa's memorial went well. Totally understandable that you might want to check out ... grief can be overwhelming, and then there's the stress of hanging out with family during the services. Good on ya for not giving in.
Grateful this morning for a burst of creative energy, I've been doing like two watercolor paintings a day.
Grateful my brother is ok after a trip to the ER, unknown issue but seems they've ruled out serious things.
Grateful my neck & shoulder are much better.
Grateful for the GP.
Old 03-26-2022, 11:08 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

FBL - I'm so happy the op went well for you.
Numb - I'm glad the service was meaningful. Congrats on making it through a challenging time - I'm so glad you didn't set yourself back by drinking.
Free - Say what now? Rigorous exercise?
Grateful to plan for new carpet in bedrooms. Current stuff must be original - old & no longer fluffy.
Grateful when my son is in a lighthearted mood, which isn't often. Grateful he never used alcohol to 'cope' with his depression the way his father did.
Grateful for movies to take our minds off the current news.
Grateful we are here together & trying our best to rise above stressful times & rough patches.
Love to all.

Old 03-26-2022, 11:52 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Grateful for a lovely day.
Grateful I hope to get out today or tomorrow to do a little shopping. I feel like I have to get out of here for a while!
Free, I always leave our w.m. lids open too, for all the good it does. When you have to share these types of things with people who don't care, can be infuriating. Really.
Have a wonderful day all. FBL, so glad your eye surgery came out well! Wonderful.
It's so nice out here today. We are very lucky, some days.
Old 03-27-2022, 05:08 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Fearless, would love some info in a pm if you have a chance. Also, I’m really sorry about your mom and glad you were remembering her—but still sorry.
Free, I will check out the Adam Project. Thanks for that.
Aly, hope you can get out of the house some today.
PS, glad you could take off for your husband’s treatment and that you are close to some resolution on older son’s college.

Grateful for all of you here. I like Hev’s phrasing of us all being here doing our best.
Grateful this headache is not from drinking though could be from the related issue of dehydration. Flying always seems to make that worse. And at one point in the flight I tried to take a drink from my water bottle and the pressure had built up like a little geyser. It seriously gushed all over my face and clothes. I tried again and basically the same thing happened. Was super glad there was no one in the middle seat and the lady by the window didn’t seem to notice. It cracked me up.
Grateful for a very friendly crew and passengers. One guy I noticed stopped to thank the flight attendants he saw for serving everyone—and he stopped to thank the pilot for a smooth flight. What a role model! I am extroverted but sometimes just end up being awkward when I try to do or say something like that. Like it ends up being an affectation—or seeming like one.
Grateful my son is at a sleepover, although I know he’s unlikely to have really slept much.
Grateful this day is relatively open.
Grateful to be here.
Old 03-27-2022, 05:26 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

FBL, happy to hear your procedure went well
NL, IF works for some however if you have certain medical conditions it is contraindicated..diabetes like what was mentioned. Also thyroid disorders. I typically do not eat anything past 630pm and then usually have something around 800 or so. Not to tell you anything you didn't know
Free, yes, we had the house on/open for 4 days and got 3 offers so that is a very good thing.
Turs, that is great!
Grateful I am getting my motivation and drive back. I was in a major funk for the past week or 2
Grateful if all goes well I get to see Mr. Alpine Tuesday night, It will be a bit strange
Grateful that I was able to get a stray hair cut away from Riley's eye. He lost one eye this past summer and I did not want anything to happen and with me being gone my MIL is puppy sitting.
Grateful for all of you
Old 03-27-2022, 06:33 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Grateful for coffee
Grateful to go two hours west and golf today, hike tomorrow.
Grateful my usher volunteer gig was fun last night, and somehow I got a second wind
Grateful I got a can of Raid and got the bug out of my 🤬🤬🤬🤬yesterday, I was soooooo crabby and mad. Still weird to feel the feelings and not drink, but no thoughts there.
Grateful for SR, the internet, and my SR family. You ARE my HP (and nature)🥰