Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 114

Old 04-01-2022, 06:35 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Alpine, you sound great. Glad you are back in your own bed with Mr Alpine
Turps, so nice to hear about the beautiful things Mr T left you ❤️ It made me think about the things my dad left for me. He didn’t have a lot and we had gotten rid of almost everything before he died. I have binders full of his poetry and other writings and lots of pictures. Part of sonny boys future college education paid for. His spirit. His Baylor sweatshirt made into two bears and a pillow thanks to you 😊
Grateful for memories
Free, the Grand Canyon trip sounds awesome!
Numblady, grateful your boss is understanding
Grateful to run into an old friend yesterday. Haven't seen her in 4 years. and plan coffee
Grateful for one meeting where I’m just in the background today. The other I’m taking the lead role and nervous. Grateful for time to plan
Grateful for mine hours of sleep. Wide eyed a d bushy tailed!
Old 04-01-2022, 07:31 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

When my Dad died I had my brother mail me out all of his ties he had and made a quilt out of them
fear, I am sure you will do great
Old 04-01-2022, 08:20 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Grateful for all of your posts
Grateful to come across a post from least, a sign she is feeling better
Grateful husband is reviewing our upcoming trip and found some glitches he can kind of fix
Grateful didn’t fall yesterday skiing
Grateful to be in bed with coffee on SR
Grateful for new resolve to just start trying to grip things even if it hurts like 4ell, I have just over two weeks to get that down,
Grateful for new resolve to do Pilates and stretch every day until then
Grateful the world seems to be opening back up

Old 04-01-2022, 09:19 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Grateful for a really good night's sleep.
Grateful my pinched nerve is calming down.
Grateful for my yard and the birds that come to visit.
Grateful for a zoom discussion/support group this morning.
Grateful that loneliness has a cure... I just need to reach out more.
Grateful for my watercolor paints.
Old 04-01-2022, 09:53 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

NL - Scanning! - you're a wild woman. Party on.
Fearless - How lovely to have your dad's poetry & writings. He lives on.
Grateful that I, too, slept well.
Grateful the dream I had of a cat catching birds on our lawn turned out to be just birds being very loud. At 5:00am.
Grateful for a decadent cream filled donut. I'll be good the rest of the day though.
Grateful for the GP.

Old 04-01-2022, 11:09 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Grateful to wake up with a different attitude today. Feeling more upbeat. Thankfully! Maybe I just needed a few days to lick my wounds.
Grateful to see Least posting here and there. Praying for your wellness and healing, dear one.
I have to do the dreaded grocery shopping today. I wish I didn't have such a phobia of the bigger grocery stores. The little ones don't bother me so much. Oh well, I'll just have to take a deep breath and dive in.
I guess my sister, the one I talk to sometimes, is coming over tomorrow and wants to maybe go to lunch. I just don't feel like doing much of anything lately. I seem to be so low energy the last weekish. I find my sisters so draining to be around most of the time.
Tursi, sending love to you. I feel lonely sometimes too. Maybe a by product of loss. Hang in there. Sending love and prayers to you as well. You've had a lot on your plate. Take good care of your self
Grateful for the Grat Pack. Love and peace to all. 💗☮
Old 04-01-2022, 10:56 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful for a sober Saturday morning, I love it.

Grateful for being part of SR and the Grat Pack
Old 04-02-2022, 01:37 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

grateful to be alive, growing and healing.
Old 04-02-2022, 05:05 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Grateful to see PhoenixJ here posting.
Grateful for coffee.
Grateful for days where I don’t have to set an alarm, even if I feel guilty when I do sleep in.
Grateful for dinner at friends’ house and to not at feel tempted really at all toward alcohol.
Grateful for my eyesight. It’s not perfect but thinking about people like father in law and my grandpa who have/had macular degeneration. I’m just lucky.
Grateful to have some old friends that I can turn to. Saw some of them yesterday and just leveled with them about how alone I feel. It felt better to just unburden some of it even if it doesn’t change anything (although one of them even offered to pay my bills if I really get stuck … I would never do that but it is just sweet, and I think she meant it).
Grateful Alpine is where she belongs.
Grateful for coffee.
Grateful to read Turs’ and Fearless’ post about what their special people left them.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 04-02-2022, 06:03 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

For all the Nutella lovers, have you tried these from Trader Joe's? Ridiculous!
NL, I'm so happy your current boss is a reasonable and caring person - you were long overdue for that kind of situation. I can really empathize with trying to communicate through speaking rather than writing. Hev nailed it a couple of weeks ago by saying that it helps to get your thoughts out without being interrupted, too.
Aly, I'm glad you're feeling a little better, and I hope your sisters can find a way to be more supportive when it comes to your mom. Do they feel like they are super busy or something? I went through a very minor period with my brother, where he seemed to think that I should do everything for my parents, because he has three kids instead of two and they are younger than mine. I realized that part of it was that I projected an image of being very together when I really didn't feel that way. In any case, please try to take any little moment for self-care. Thinking of you.
Alpine, getting back into your own bed must have felt AMAZING after such a long time - so happy to hear you sounding so upbeat and well.
Turs, that's a lovely list of "things" from Mr.T.
Free, what kind of doctor is Dr. Free? My husband is overweight too but since he's in sales (tons of eating out, drinking, travel, entertaining) it seems like the norm for many.

Grateful for coffee, even though it's a little weak.
Grateful to be back in my bed after a fitful night of sleeping in an Airbnb. It was my first experience doing that, and while I would do it again, it was a little weird to be in a carriage house on someone's property with the owners so close. We have another one planned for Thursday night, but a hotel for the last college on our tour. I was so excited because the $400/night price was knocked down to $100 when another prospective parent gave me a coupon code!
Grateful for time to bond with my older son. We had more conflict than I would have expected at the beginning, I think because I can be kind of overbearing about school and planning for future careers (as opposed to "finding myself" like so many people did when I was in undergrad in the 90s). He really warmed up later in the day and we left on a high note.
Grateful I got a little exercise from walking all over campus.
Grateful for some alone time when we got back while my husband was at my younger son's lacrosse game. Grateful they tied instead of losing like they did last time.
Grateful for a great FaceTime call with my 11-year old niece for her birthday. She is my "mini me" in so many ways, I just understand her and love her so much.
Grateful my brother invited my parents over to celebrate the birthday.
Grateful I can hear my husband unloading the dishwasher - pretty exciting stuff.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 04-02-2022, 06:03 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Grateful that while here in bed I see the sun reflecting on the walls
Grateful to have visited with my neighbor yesterday that has terminal cancer and does not have much t time left. Such a nice guy
Grateful I got a bunch of packing done
Grateful to be sober
Grateful for all of you
Old 04-02-2022, 07:19 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Grateful to read all your grats. Very little time to comment. My iPad needs to be recharged!
Alpine, love love the tie blanket
Palmer, glad you reconnected on a positive note with son. I gotta get me some bambas. Have not tried. Love Nutella
Aly, hope the upbeat feeling hangs around!
Grateful for an in person meditation in a while
Grateful for a long hike planned in a new spot
My heart and smile emojis aren’t popping up anymore. Strange
2%. Gotta run. Love you all!
Old 04-02-2022, 08:00 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 04-02-2022, 08:31 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

PS I am glad the college visits ended on a good note.
NL that is great that dinner out with friends did not tempt you to drink. I am invited to a big wedding in June. A friend's daughter. My friend and I used to be big time drinking/tennis buddies. Several other friends in this group are going and I just don't think I can do it. It will all about alcohol. There is also travel and hotels involved so it will be expensive.
Aly I hope the grocery shopping went well. I find my anxiety level is lower if I limit caffeine. Yesterday I was a little more anxious than usual because I did not sleep well the m=night before and had more caffeine than usual.
Hev I am glad you had good sleep.
Turs I am so glad you are good about reaching out and seem to be managing your grief well.
Free are you going to do Pilates classes or online?
Fearless I hope your meeting went well.
Alpine so glad you are with Mr. Alpine. When do you get to be together for good?

Grateful for two tennis matches this week and two wins.
Grateful for a sunny sober Saturday.
Grateful for SF and the GP.
Grateful my youngest daughter is planning to go see my mom again.
Grateful for technology even if it is really frustrating sometimes with all the passwords and such.
Grateful that I am trying not to worry about my messy house. I will clean when I can. Other things are more important.
Old 04-02-2022, 09:07 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

not posting much lately cause my right hand is numb all the time and two of my fingers dont work very well so its hard to type.

grateful that bro brought billie to visit today. she laid on my bed amd left some dog hairs to make me feel more 'at home'. she licked me all over. no cure for sadness like doggie kisses.

this place wants to send me home next wednesday, ome week after getting here!!!!!I I;d love to go home but I know i'm not ready. insurance just doesn;t want to pay for me amymore. health has nothing to do with it, its all about profits!!!!

still in a lot of -pain.

love you all. (((hugs)))
Old 04-02-2022, 09:10 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Aly, thanks for the support.
Alpine, glad you can be with Mr. Alpine.
NL, thanks for the reminder of how precious our eyesight is!
Palmer, glad the college visits ended well.
Grateful for another massage this afternoon to try to calm down my pinched nerve.
Grateful for a zoom with an old friend last night.
Grateful for sun today.
Old 04-02-2022, 09:19 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

more prayers and support least
Old 04-02-2022, 11:23 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Good to see PJ!
Least, sending prayers. So glad you got to see Billie.
Grateful my mom is sleeping in as she woke up not feeling well. I hope it wasn't something I bought at the grocery store yesterday. We've both been dealing with not feeling well off and on. Mom had Covid in the nursing home and I wonder if I may have had a touch, I never tested for it though. I had a lot of tests for a while. They say Covid can have odd after effects too. Like Post Acute problems, I think. So we may be tossing that around.
Still glad to be feeling better. (Fearless &#128151 emotionally. Gratefully.
Grateful for you all. Hang in there Tursi. Love and peace to you and everyone. 💗☮💫
Old 04-02-2022, 02:54 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Aly - I'm glad you're doing a little better. Hope Mom is going to be ok.
PalmerSage - Glad the trip went quite well. Your son will always remember this time - & your loving concern for his future.
PJ - Nice to see you posting!
Least - Wonderful that Billie stopped by for a visit. Hoping you'll be able to stay beyond Wednesday. That's ridiculous.
Grateful I had chance to check on the grats, though it's been a busy day.
Grateful for bright sun today & hundreds of birds.
Grateful we can have new carpet in bedrooms - scared to find out the cost.
Grateful to know you'll all be here when I sign on. I appreciate each & every post.
Old 04-02-2022, 05:29 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

CB, we are now together without any more separations with exception to when he travels for work which has been fine and no problem at all.