Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 114

Old 04-11-2022, 07:05 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

😍🥰😘
Old 04-11-2022, 10:48 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Free, the video of your daughter singing is amazing! Beautiful!
Grateful for happy times with my grandbaby yesterday.
Grateful we got a little bit of rain.
Grateful to be getting ready for a scuba diving trip.
Grateful my niece's mental health situation seems to have stabilized.
Grateful for all of you here in the GP.
Old 04-11-2022, 10:50 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Free - That was lovely! I'm so glad you shared. Wonderful voice & phrasing.
NL - Ice Cream is so soothing & comforting. Looking forward to some. (A moderate amount, of course. )
PalmerSage - Glad it was a good visit - such exciting times for him.
Alpine - A sense of humor sees us through - mine went missing for a while there.
Grateful for sun & more warm weather coming.
Grateful to get booster this week. (Still not sure it's the best thing, but afraid not to.)
Grateful to be working on another box of stuff for the resale/thrift shop.
Grateful for you all!

Old 04-11-2022, 11:55 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Free, for whatever reason I can't play the video. It says error. Hmmmm. I am sure it is user error on my part.
Old 04-11-2022, 09:18 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful for another sober day.
Grateful the tired, weariness and fog brain has left me from yesterday.
Grateful for SR and the Grat Pack
Old 04-12-2022, 03:43 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 04-12-2022, 04:06 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Grateful for the community i've found here.
Old 04-12-2022, 04:23 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Grateful to see Vik here.
Grateful to hear about the old Alpine being back. I’m glad we get to know her!
Grateful for PS’ successful college tour with son.
Grateful for times when I get to drive against the flow of traffic
Grateful my commute is minimal and regularly nonexistent. And that yesterday i got to ride my little e-bike to and from a meeting. I was pretty sweaty when it was all said and done, just happy to have been outside doing something physical.
Grateful I can move my body.
Grateful like PS to be working through my patterns of conflict avoidance—even if it’s only the babiest of steps. I’ve just been telling myself that even if I’m just a little bit honest about my thoughts, it’s better than stuffing them all down. And I may surprise myself with being able to speak more of the whole truth.
Grateful to just keep reaching out to people even if it is awkward.
Grateful my husband are really starting to work through the logistics of splitting up and it is amicable so far. I know it may not stay that way but I sure hope so.
Grateful to be here with my friends in the computer.
Old 04-12-2022, 04:30 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Alpine, I love that you're feeling silly again! I've had some laugh-til-I-cry moments lately too, they are just the best. Totally agree with Hev that a sense of humor sees us through.
Mags, I'm glad you're feeling better.
Turs, scuba diving sounds great, are you going away on a trip or somewhere local?
CBS and Fearless, I've had so many people recommend Yellowstone! Maybe I need to look it up and give it a try?
Free, even though it's April, a heavy snow sounds amazing, especially when you can just stay cozy inside.
NL, I love "just do it anyway."

Grateful for coffee, very strong!
Grateful for a fairly productive telework day yesterday, especially a meeting with a new colleague who seems to be like-minded.
Grateful to have told my husband about my son's top college choice. It's expensive, not close by, or the one my husband would have picked for him, but it is what it is. Grateful my son is practical and will understand if he needs to move to his second choice.
Grateful my brother and I are on the same page about what needs to happen to support my parents.
Grateful for a decent night's sleep.
Grateful for fresh sheets and white noise.
Grateful to be sober.

Old 04-12-2022, 06:43 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Grateful to be catching up as I missed a couple days
Palmer, highly recommend Yellowstone. Mr F and I are caught up. We started watching Better Call Saul. I know that’s from a million years ago but we never got around to it after breaking bad. We also started Seinfeld reruns from the very beginning with sonny boy. Lots of laughter
CBS and Numblady and anyone else who has lost a sibling, I can relate to the grief. My siblings passed years ago but grief still comes up sometimes at random unexpected times. Recently, sonny boy got a new buzz hair cut. He looks EXACTLY like my younger brother did. It brought up some stuff. Weird. But I’m fine now 😊
Turps, so glad you get to go scuba diving. I love snorkeling but what too afraid to try diving. I’m claustrophobic and somehow the thought of being under water like that triggers fears. Weird huh? Totally agree about hiking helping with sleep
I could have used a hike yesterday. Terrible nights sleep. Been up since 1 am. Grateful for coffee, and another one
Grateful to discuss some concerns with Mr F about taxes, finances and sonny boys chores and feel better that everything will be ok. I don’t know why I was worried. I am a total worry wart and need to STOP it now
Grateful the taxes are done and we don’t owe. We are actually getting $200 back. Lol. Will spend on a nice dinner out.
Grateful sonny y boy got outside with buds yesterday and had fun
Grateful fears about a negative reaction from boss about something did not happen. To the contrary she was complimentary. What is wrong with me? Once again, that was an unnecessary worry
Grateful for hopefully a light work day. Though I said that yesterday and stuff came up. Grateful to remain flexible
Grateful so much for all of you and you are always here ❤️
Old 04-12-2022, 06:44 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Such talent, Free. Thanks for sharing!
Old 04-12-2022, 08:10 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Good morning,

Ive lost a brother to suicide in December of 1982, and a sister about 10 years ago, she had hypochondriasm and just really willed herself to have problems and pass. It hurts. I ran the last conversation i had with my brother (apparently is was a few moments before he blew his head off) in my head DAILY, wondering where I went wrong.

I think of him fondly now, just wish he hadn’t ruined everyone’s Christmas Eves for a LONG TIME. Big hugs, CBS.

Grateful I figured out how to disguise my daughter and post so you could enjoy. I’ll try to do another soon.
Grateful for coffee
Grateful for beautiful snow falling
Grateful stepson is agreeing to have us hire a PI to scope out his never met overseas girlfriend. He’s sent her thousands.
Grateful to be going through condo locker stuff, we got it all up her in our tiny condo, and have to live with boxes everywhere for the summer.

NL, I split amiably with my ex hubby. We get along so much better. The kids will need us to be that way for years to come, weddings, babies, etc. it’s good but took a lot and takes a lot of effort and trust. Yes, I got screwed financially, but people are people. I forgive him. Big hugs there for you.
Old 04-12-2022, 08:54 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fearless - Nearly all my worries have been unnecessary. Then there was stuff I never worried about that did happen. It's a waste of our time, but very hard to stop.
Vik - Great to have you with us - glad you're enjoying it.
Free - I'm sorry you carried that pain for so long.
Catfishing - such a horrible thing, & so common.

Grateful for a sunny, warm day.
Grateful to go for a ride & see some new stuff.
Grateful my Cat Dad son adopted a new baby he found in the middle of a busy road. Approx. 9 wks. old.
Grateful for each & every one here.

Old 04-12-2022, 09:30 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Fearless Thinking of you, dear one.
Grateful for the grat pack!
Old 04-12-2022, 09:50 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Vik, so glad you're here!
Fearless, sorry you had a 1 am wakeup! Worries are hard to shake.
PS, my trip is in the south Pacific, lucky me! 10 hour flight, but well worth it for the diving.
Free, hope that PI helps clarify the situation.
NL, glad the separation process is amicable so far.
Grateful for a good night's sleep.
Grateful for therapy appointment yesterday, to help me work through the sadness that comes when I pack for a trip without Mr. T.
Grateful to remember my mom today, on what would have been her birthday.
Grateful for my health.
Old 04-12-2022, 10:47 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Turs, the diving trip sounds amazing.
Free, I hear you about living with boxes. That is and will be us for a long time, possibly a couple of years. Oh well
Grateful to get more organized for packing the rental truck this weekend
Grateful for my walks
Grateful my MIL called and gave us a Riley update.
Grateful to be back with Mr Alpine
Grateful this time next week we should be on the road.. It will be a bit tough because we have to drive separately and the trip is about 1700 miles. Long days of driving. Oh well. It's what we want. I just get anxious driving through busy unfamiliar areas.
Grateful we were able to get rid of our couch and extra matress
Old 04-12-2022, 09:13 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful for a breakfast of porridge oats.
Grateful for sobriety always.
Grateful for your inspiring Grats
Old 04-13-2022, 04:05 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 04-13-2022, 04:28 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Fearless, I keep hearing how worrying and guilt are just a waste of time and energy…and yet….I haven’t figured out a way to stop feeling them. Working on it, and asking for guidance from a HP has helped…but in the middle of the night, the awfulizer goes into overdrive (thanks Hev for the term!). Still, glad your worries have not been realized.
Sorry to Free and Fearless and every one of us who have lost a sibling. On FB on National Siblings Day everyone was posting stuff but I was just kind of salty on the whole thing—lost a brother and had my sister really not be there for me when I needed her most.

Grateful for yoga. Have found a new instructor (online) I adore. Just grateful he and the other wonderful teachers are out there.
Grateful for emergency medical personnel.
Grateful for the people who staff homeless shelters.
Grateful for my abundance. When I was riding home on Monday I saw a couple of what appeared to be very young adults in rough shape toting some belongings. After I passed I realized they were probably headed for the main homeless shelter—where, plenty of times—they won’t even have room. As much as I wish I was more comfortable financially, I have so much.
Grateful for my daughter’s sweet voice when I first wake her up.
Grateful to hear from an old SR friend from the August class. Had been wondering if he was okay.
Grateful for the grat pack.
Old 04-13-2022, 04:57 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

To those who have to live surrounded by boxes - we had a house fire about 4 years ago, which required us to move to a rental house for about 9 months. It was kind of a hassle, but it was also nice to deal with so much less stuff! I didn't worry about how the house looked, whether it was spotless, etc. and it was kind of...liberating in a weird way?
Turs, that trip sounds awesome! Also, happy birthday to your mom, my dad's 80th is today too.
Hev, that's such a great point that we end up not worrying about the things that DO end up happening! I've gotten better when it comes to catastrophizing, but I still have a long way to go. I play little tricks on myself if I wake in the middle of night. So grateful I don't get that pit-in-the-stomach feeling of total dread much anymore.
Fearless, I didn't realize you had lost siblings - so sorry - I was thinking you were an only child for some reason.
Free, that is so sad about your brother. It sounds like you've been able to move past it the best way you can. And the PI sounds like a good idea so your stepson doesn't end up on 90 Day Fiance with a crazy story!
NL, every time you mention yoga I tell myself I'm going to try to take a class online! Hasn't happened so far, though.

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful to run into a new coworker yesterday, and have a nice talk about dogs.
Grateful to stand my ground on what I know is best for my parents, especially my mom.
Grateful my younger son was able to join a local gym, and is excited about it.
Grateful I was able to set up a video doctor's appointment, even though I know I'm way overdue for a real checkup.
Grateful to be sober.