Grateful that I accept my husband is on spectrum too
Grateful for enough money for groceries whenever we want
Grateful for my sobriety decision
Grateful for SR
Grateful for synchronicity 😁
Old 03-20-2022, 10:51 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Free - So far I only get the schlep, not the fold. Will have to work on that.
Mags - Glad to know Daisy is doing ok. We love her.
Intro - I'm happy you are sleeping better. That's been a problem.
Numblady - A kitten is sure to ease the sadness. I agree, though - sadness needs to be felt, not stuffed down. Suppressed emotions are damaging. I have unresolved stuff from way back when that I never dealt with. You're a wise mom.
PalmerSage - Bread - yes - all of it. Pump, Rye, Cinnamon Raisin, Sourdough. I love Pretzel Rolls too.
Sweet compliment from your niece. It makes us feel so good to be appreciated.

Grateful for getting stuff done indoors today, since it's raining. The dreaded closets, for example.
Grateful there's still time to lose some weight before summer, & I don't have to look like a beach ball.
Grateful we didn't need the heat on yesterday.
Grateful to be part of the GP.

Old 03-21-2022, 03:17 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for a brand new week of sober adventures.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 03-21-2022, 04:22 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Grateful for all the caring and compassionate responses I've gotten from my colleagues at work around my grandpa (and cat).
Grateful not too terribly much work had piled up while away.
Grateful my son and his friends orchestrated their own play date yesterday. They were at a local park for 5 hours having a Nerf gun war. He smelled so bad when I picked him up -- but how wonderful that he was out in the beautiful weather than inside screaming at video games.
Grateful I even had the house to myself for a while.
Grateful my daughter can do dance without a mask now. So much easier to breathe.
Grateful for solid sleep. Wish I had time for more of it, though.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 03-21-2022, 05:10 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Fearless, has your husband ever mentioned thinking he might be on the spectrum? We've had similar thoughts about my older son, but now that he's 18 I'm not totally sure.
NL, I love the Nerf battles outside! So fun, and way better than the video games. I'm also happy that your work didn't pile up too much - possibly a sign from the universe that it's OK to disconnect?
Hev, I've never given pump a fair shot, but I love rye. My mom used to make the best toast from very thin rye, crispy with lots of butter.

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful I finished most of the laundry, including assorted uniforms.
Grateful I told my husband no last night about something I really didn't want to do - holding my ground and not constantly trying to appease him.
Grateful he made breakfast and dinner for the kids yesterday.
Grateful for a telework day today.
Grateful to be thinking about two presentations this week that came up WAY faster than I realized. Grateful I will definitely be able to pull together quality slides in time.
Grateful presenting has started to become second nature - kind of - sometimes.
Grateful I'm not in the same place work-wise that I was 1, 2, or 3 years ago.
Grateful for bright sunny skies.
Grateful to be sober.

Old 03-21-2022, 06:39 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Grateful my guests are gone and home safely
Grateful for bread talk, I found some rye flour while in AZ and grabbed it
Grateful for coffee in bed
Grateful for a solid nights sleep after hand feeling well enough to detail the kitchen, and I mean EVERYTHING-refrigerator (egg yolk solids were under the vegetable drawers, 🤢🤮. Coffee machine cleaned with vinegar, burner bowls soaked and scrubbed, wooden cabinets cleaned with Murphy wood soap, and even the top of refrigerator. Countertops cleared off, scrubbed, then Weismann granite cleaner and polish applied.
Grateful we no longer have to wear masks volunteering at the theater

Old 03-21-2022, 06:41 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

The Challah my daughter and I made Saturday. Soooooo yummy. PM me for recipe.
Old 03-21-2022, 06:42 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Palmer, Mr F has not directly mentioned the word spectrum or high functioning aspergers to describe himself. Our son was diagnosed on spectrum, though, and Mr F often talks about how he and son are so much alike, and that he had the same challenges when he was younger. They share the typical traits like social awkwardness, repetitive behaviors, singular interests. Sonny boy is more sensitive and less emotionally withdrawn than Mr F and I think that’s because he had so much therapy at a young age. In Mr Fs gen, spectrum wasn’t recognized yet and he also grew up in a dysfunctional home. Anyway, I know he tries and I have compassion for him because I know he has anxiety and this is not easy
Good luck with your present ration. You will kill it!
Grateful March will be over in two weeks. This is a very busy month. Grateful for remote work!
Old 03-21-2022, 06:47 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

PS, I used to do presentations at work, when mine were good, they were excellent. I had a nurse leader mentor that stretched my limits. After she left, I was left to the wolves. I’m so glad you can handle them so well.

NL, your description of your son, the joy and smell he had, and the freedom of alone time you alluded too, brings back memories. 🙃

Aly, hope your birthday was special yesterday, YAY for spring and spring birthdays! 🌺🌸💐🌿🐿

Mags, Hev, Fearless, FBL, Intrvtd, anyone posting I missed, and all the lurkers here, so grateful for you all.

Special prayers for least 🙏🏼
Old 03-21-2022, 09:19 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Magsie

Free, Bread looks yummy!

Grateful I had a day off from mum in law and dementia course today.
Grateful for a healthy meal, chicken salad.
Grateful for sobriety and all it brings.
Grateful for all the Grat Pack
Old 03-21-2022, 09:20 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Very yummy!
Old 03-21-2022, 09:48 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Hello GP. We had a great time on our canoe camping trip. My granddaughter was a very good sport and did so well for hr first camping adventure. We were blessed with good weather. I struggled to be without my phone. I clearly have a problem. There was a weak signal but my phone could not stay charged because I was taking pics and videos. Anyway, it was good to turn my phone off some and just be in the moment. Mother nature provided so much entertainment for us. We saw beavers, geese, great blue herons, great egrets, tons of turtles, snakes and we heard coyotes howling and owls calling.

Aly happy belated birthday! I hope it was great.
Free that bread looks delicious!
PS I hope the presentations go well. Sure sounds like you are very adept.
NL I am glad you had the house to yourself for a while. I love that myself.
Mags I hope you enjoy your day off from caring for your MIL. You deserve it.
Hev I think we will one day move the washer upstairs too. If this is our forever home we will need that.
Turs I am so glad your grandbaby is feeling better.
Fearless thanks for sharing about your husband and son being on the spectrum. It is so nice to have this safe space to express feelings and concerns.

Grateful for a good night's sleep. Did not sleep great in the woods with a tent full ;0)
Grateful our weather turned out great, not a drop of rain.
Grateful for all the wildlife sightings.
Grateful to be home safe and thinking about our next camping adventure.
Grateful for toilets, running water and a comfortable bed.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for the GP and SR.
Old 03-21-2022, 11:14 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Free - That is some gorgeous looking bread.
CBS - Your trip sounds wonderful. I need to get out there & away from the news. It's so needed right now.
Aly - Can't believe I missed your birthday yesterday, on the first day of spring. Hoping it was enjoyable.
PalmerSage - Remember Grossinger's Rye? It was thin. I don't think it's made anymore.
Grateful I have stuck to my diet for a whole day.
Grateful to plan a trip to the resale shop with junk I'll never miss (yet held on to forever).
Grateful for my white noise machine.
Grateful for our lovely group.
Old 03-21-2022, 12:24 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Thank you, love! ^^^ 💗☮
Old 03-21-2022, 04:44 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Free, that Challah looks amazing!
CBS, glad you enjoyed the canoe & camping trip -- how great to see and hear all that wildlife!
Fearless, interesting about your husband. It sounds like you are holding that with a lot of compassion & kindness.
Free, glad your hand is feeling better.
I'm grateful for an enjoyable road trip to see my brothers.
Grateful that although I missed Mr. T on this trip, that is because of the love we shared. I happened to visit a couple of places where we had some special memories, and it was painful for a little while. Grateful I know now how to comfort myself, and know that the sad feelings usually pass quickly.
Grateful to come home to the GP and catch up on all your grats!
Old 03-21-2022, 10:08 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Magsie

CBS, pleased you had a marvelous trip, lovely to be out with nature and all it offers.
Tursiops, pleased your road trip went well with special, bittersweet, memories of Mr. Tursiops
Grateful for my morning coffee
Grateful I’m sober
Grateful for all your Grats.
Old 03-22-2022, 03:55 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful to reflect on 12 years and 9 months of continuous sobriety today.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 03-22-2022, 04:08 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Aly, HBD!!! Belatedly. I hope you were able to do something nice for yourself. Or that someone did that for you, though it seems you are left to your own devices too often to provide your own care and concern. But I’m sending you a big piece of virtual cake and a warm hug.
CBS, glad the camping was a success albeit with less than optimal sleep (this is why I struggle so much with camping…I never sleep).
Fearless, thanks for sharing about Mr. F. You have a really compassionate way of looking at it.
Free, wow that challah looks so good!
PS, way to go on the saying no. It’s definitely not something that comes very naturally to many of us I think.
Hi to everyone else of course!

Grateful I was able to mostly sleep through a storm last night.
Grateful for the rain, without damage. People very nearby were posting about tornadoes and the weird sky but barely over a mile away our sky cleared and looked, well, pretty normal. So bizarre.
Grateful that having grown up in KS for the first part of my life, I feel pretty good about knowing a tornado sky.
Grateful i have therapy today.
Grateful for dental hygiene and how good it feels to brush my teeth.
Grateful for quiet time before the chaos of the day.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 03-22-2022, 04:33 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Aly, happy birthday! I hope people did some nice things for you. You really deserve it.
Free, the bread looks great. I still have the sourdough starter my coworker gave me in the fridge, it seems complicated!
Turs, so happy you had a good trip.
CBS, you're my hero with camping, especially that you were happy to see snakes?
Hev, I don't remember Grossingers, does it not exist anymore? I think she used seeded Jewish rye, not sure of the brand.
Fearless, I agree with the others that your husband really picked the right person - it's so great that you have so much compassion and understanding for his challenges.
NL, I'm so happy you were kind of able to sleep through the storm. Tornados sound so scary, not a thing here in the mid-Atlantic (we have other fun stuff though).

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful that although I have two presentations (plus a meeting with the big boss) tomorrow, at least I can knock them out in one day this week. Hopefully I didn't suggest that I'm actually good at presentations - I'm just much more used to them than I was before!
Grateful that my brother is taking the day off to take my dad to his catheterization tomorrow.
Grateful I was able to take the day off to take my husband to his treatments on Friday.
Grateful my younger son is enjoying lacrosse.
Grateful my older son is enjoying track.
Grateful for my sweet dogs.
Grateful for an office day, to mix things up.
Very grateful to be sober.
Old 03-22-2022, 04:42 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Free, that bread looks amazing. I gained 5 pounds just looking at it.
Grateful for another day
Grateful for Riley and Mr. Alpine
Grateful things are still moving forward with the sale of our house. Just a few more things to deal with. Keeping fingers crossed.