View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 01:20 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  
Rose335

Hugely grateful for Italian delis. Rusty and Courage get thee behind me! Pasticciotti (new to me, btw, where have I been?) and that illustration. Wonderful. OK there's no real rush, I can start my healthy eating plan tomorrow. Or the day after. Or the one after that. Now where have I heard that before!?

Nonsensical - I would make an educated guess that we are all grateful for another chance to get it right. You are not alone.

Numblady - Catawampus is my new favourite word (after pasticciotti). Oh I'm so with you and Fearless on shameful alcohol memories. I've actually got a top ten of alcoholic memories that I occasionally put through a roll call in my mind. I guess that's me remembering my lowest potential, Austerities. They include, of course, the literally falling flat on my face ones and the excited totally tedious endlessly repetitious conversation (mine) ones. Wonder I had any friends really but then again they were drinkers too. In the main we weren't terrible people, at least not at the beginning of an evening, just increasingly stupid, clumsy and boring ones. But that was then. This is now.

Fearless - 4 hours sleep is no fun and just what you need to mentally trigger every possible worrying outcome in your life. I'm sorry your dad is struggling. Speaking from experience, getting older somehow seems to happen suddenly. Almost like one minute you're not, then you are. Obviously it's better than the alternative but wouldn't it be nice to freeze time now and again. Truly hope you get a better night's sleep tonight.

Hev - Wallmart, Dollar store and the Tractor Store. Words to conjure with!

Water ox - another hangover free day. So pleased for you.

Aly - glad you're feeling a bit better.

Daisy - I won't share with you the cost of my new waterproof coat. Nothing there for either of us to feel grateful for.

Endorse what least and FBL remember to say - grateful to wake up sober and for another sober day. Sometimes feels like a small miracle.
Grateful for a lovely day out yesterday with someone I worked with for many years. In fact back in the day I was on her interview panel. She is a very optimistic, fun person to be with even a bit of a party girl and she's planning a big do for a special birthday that's coming up. I tell you all that because she has never had an alcoholic drink in her life! Hard to imagine. It's not a big deal for her. She says she just never felt like even trying one when she was young and she still doesn't. So she hasn't. Almost makes it seem simple.
Grateful to be going to see a film, the new Judy Garland bio one, with my friend this afternoon. I find myself quite enjoying adult company!
Thankful to have had the flu jab yesterday even though it means winter is definitely on the way.

Good day to all.