Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 92

Old 10-20-2019, 09:14 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to wake up sober.
Old 10-20-2019, 09:20 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Grateful to wake up early and sober this morning.
Grateful to run a much needed errand this morning.
Grateful to see you all this morning.
Grateful for this thread and for all of you. Have a wonderful Sunday. ♥♥♥
Old 10-20-2019, 10:49 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Late to the party, but can't miss stopping by.
Fearless & Mags - Once a year, in early October, an owl lands in the pine tree near our bedroom window. I'll hear his lonely call after midnight usually. He only stays 2 days and then is gone until the next year. I never want to peek out the window for fear of chasing him off, so I've never seen him.
Rose - Congratulations for rising above that brief flirtation and rebuffing the glass of wine.
Grateful to have started a bit of Christmas shopping. (I know it's too darn early )
Grateful I went back to sleep after my 3am wake-up.
Grateful for a burst of energy & the determination to donate clothes I'll never wear/fit in. Size 6 - yeah, right........
Grateful for the remaining colorful leaves that still cling to the trees.
Grateful for the dear people who read and post here.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:52 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Mags, I never see the owl either. Years ago, we had an owl that nested in the raves of our house and it would look right into my son’s bedroom window. It was pretty cool, but a bit eerie too. Not sure where that one went or if it’s the same one we’ve been hearing lately
Rose, I’m inspired by you trying to repost your lost post! I never have the energy glad you had a fun dinner with no wine.
Numblady, I hope you are having a good weekend!
Grateful we all seem to understand what that first glass of wine would lead to, and just stay away
Grateful for a pretty good night sleep
Grateful to be up early and finish and art project I worked on for hours yesterday. It is an abstract piece based on some techniques I’ve been studying. It’s basically like free form art, at least in the beginning, where you have no plan and just create. Then shapes or patterns may emerge, intention may come into it and you just keep going until you are done. It’s hard to know when I’m done with abstract art (or really any art for that matter) but I’m starting to develop some intuition around this. The final result looks sort of like a pattern of tunnels in different directions. Tunnels are symbolic to me. I’ve always liked “the light at the end of the tunnel”. Recently I read a quote by someone “you have to go through the dark tunnel before you can find the light”. Hmmm. Very interesting how I think that could have been in my subconscious mind while I was getting lost in this painting.
Grateful to finally, hopefully, get all the Halloween decorations up today
Grateful my husband did the grocery shopping
Grateful for each one of you.
Old 10-20-2019, 12:32 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Late morning here. I am so grateful this AM to be coming out of the fog of depression and fatigue. I can breathe again.
Old 10-20-2019, 01:12 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Pouncer. So glad you are feeling better. Aly ♥
Old 10-20-2019, 08:48 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Grateful for friends
Grateful for absence of drama
Grateful for change of scenery
Old 10-20-2019, 09:29 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Welcome back Citrus, it's good to have you with us.

Aly, I hope you are feeling better now. xx

Grateful to be up extra early, hangover and guilt free.
Grateful for coffee.
Grateful to let my little Lulu cat out to do her business.
Grateful for this peaceful time alone whilst the rest of the house sleeps on.
Grateful to get chance to check in here, I've missed a couple of days.
Grateful Rusty's old brass snare drum sounds great.
Grateful Aly heard from an old friend who is doing well.
Grateful to see Waterox here.
Grateful to read Fearless's posts about her sons progress with his karate final belt training, he's doing really well and is a credit to you Fearless. Also grateful and fascinated to read about the art project.
Grateful to read Hevyn's post about the owl that visits her pine tree once per year.
Grateful Pouncer is coming out of the fog and depression.
Grateful Austerities has been free of drama.
Grateful to see you all here.
Grateful and lucky to be on this journey with you all. xx
Old 10-20-2019, 11:40 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  
Magsie

Daisy you’re up and about early

Fearless, must’ve been lovely to have the owl nesting in your tree.
Hev, what a lovely visitor each October. I think I’d be tempted to set a web cam up to get some great pics.

Pouncer pleased you’re feeling better

Grateful for another sober day
Grateful for my morning coffee
Grateful for SR and all of you.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:31 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Pouncer - so very glad for you that you're feeling better. You do not need either the fatigue or depression. Hope they both stay away for a good while.

Owl people - no real owls in this neighbourhood. But in one of the houses nearby, which has the most enormous tree outside, someone has nestled a very beautiful, lifelike carved wooden owl high amongst the leaves. Because it's now autumn it's relatively essy to spot although you could miss it if you didn't know it was there. It's one of the highlights of my journey back home each day with my granddaughter. Likely the nearest I'll come to seeing an owl round here.

Hev - lots of Christmas shoppers around in the west end yesterday. It made me think I must talk to my sisters and family and see if we can ageee a strategy to reduce the chances of swapping not quite right surprise presents. I actually quite like Christmas, although I'm less enamoured of New Year festivities.

Fearless - I nearly didn't repost I'm fact but I had the time and my plan is based on posting to at least one thread everyday on SR and the Grat thread is my favourite thread, of course! Your art project sounds really interesting although having a limited imagination I can't quite envisage it. Is the end result more sculptural than flat?

Grateful to have a great walk in the park(s) on a beautiful autumn day yesterday. And to do the same again today I hope.
Thankful to have done a good bit of boring admin type stuff yesterday. Why does it never just go away for good? And some other chores that were curiously satisfying, like rearranging shelves etc.
Grateful to have some nice plans for today, including going to an exhibition on the pre-Raphaelite sisterhood (as opposed to the more usual work of the more famous male painters).
Grateful to be sober.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:47 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Good Morning and Happy Monday, lovely Grats!

Grateful for another sober Monday - never gets old.
Grateful for time spent with old friends and with family yesterday.
Grateful to have completed my essay assignment this weekend.
Grateful for my caring husband.

Grateful FBL reminds us all to never take another day sober for granted.
Grateful RZ heard uplifting news about a girl he met previously and made time to clean out his drums.
Grateful Daisy treated herself to some new supplies from the hobby shop - I hope you had time to enjoy using them this weekend! Also thank you for your post reminding me how much I don't miss having to wake up and face the texts sent in my drunken stupor. Such shameful memories.
Grateful Least is feeling better and glad to be sober.
Grateful for Courage's posts.
Grateful Aly is taking the time to rest and recover and that Luke is by your side as you do. Sending bug get well hugs!
Grateful Hevyn ordered some new glasses.
Grateful Austerities is enjoying the return of positive feelings.
Grateful Mags got to enjoy some peace and quiet and the wonders of nature.
Grateful Rose followed through and went swimming and felt good afterwards and that you got to check in with your family.
Grateful Citrus is here - well done on Day 5, I guess Day 7 now!
Grateful WaterOx is embracing this chance at sobriety.
Grateful Pouncer got to work on a fun project with your husband.
Grateful Fearless is feeling inspired after good conversation, feeling the pervasive positivity of gratitude and most of all feeling confident in her own skin.
Grateful my dear classmate NL is spending time with family this weekend.

Take care all - I am so so grateful for SR and all of you.
Old 10-21-2019, 02:37 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for surrender.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 10-21-2019, 02:47 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Grateful things have held together in a positive way for so long.
Old 10-21-2019, 04:55 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober!
Grateful to see my awesome classmates Numblady and NewChapter posting here.
Grateful for my new job.
Grateful that my husband is really doing his best to step up his game around the house.
Grateful for my sweet dogs.
Grateful for caffeine.
Grateful that I recognize my patterns of procrastination and can take action to move past them.
Old 10-21-2019, 05:15 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Grateful to be back from my trip though regretting I don’t have time to read back through all the posts.
Grateful to show up.
Grateful that although there were many challenging moments as far as sobriety was concerned this weekend, none of them were insurmountable, and didn’t rob me of my feeling that I was grateful to be present, to be able to give a speech to the benefit audience, to feel so much more grounded and even tempered, to try and help as much as I can.
Grateful for coffee and showers. Really need both today after a very late arrival last night.
Grateful to be able to look forward to coming here.
Old 10-21-2019, 05:46 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

grateful for another new week of sober adventures
Old 10-21-2019, 06:40 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Glad some of the bad stuff has lifted, Pouncer
Auster, yes to no drama. I remember thinking about this with my therapist at about one year sober. She said “do you see a connection here? No alcohol = no drama”. I know there is sometimes drama even w/o alcohol, but much less.
Grateful for NCJ and Daisy reminders about waking up with regret and embarrassing text messages
Mags, the hidden cam is a nice idea. The county actually has hidden cams in the hills/mountains surrounding my house. Part of this is tracking mountain lion activity and research. Maybe I don’t want to see those images. Lol. I’ll stick with the idea of a wooden sculpture that Rose brought up
Good to see Nefer and PS again
Grateful you are back safely Numblady. You must be exhausted. I hope you catch up on rest this week, though I imagine you likely have a full plate
Rose, the art project was a painting with acrylic paint and mixed media. It’s mostly flat but I love working with texture to build up the canvas and add dimension, so that does come through in the final work.
Grateful for RZ’s always upbeat attitude

Grateful to get a memory in my FB notifications that brought me some happy tears. I rarely go to social media these days but I do like the memory and birthday reminder features as well as the ability to save videos even if I’m the only one viewing them. The memory is of my son and his friend when he was probably 4? holding up signs and shouting “go mommies go, you can do it, we love you” when his friends mom and I were about to run a marathon. It was not a local event and the kids couldn’t go. The preschool teachers helped them make the signs and do the video. We watched that video in the final stretch. I remember crying during the run. My son was mostly a mess during that period of his life. But this video reminded me that he was not always that way and he has always had a big heart. I was drinking during that time and I know the alcohol made my problems appear 10x worse. Somehow I managed to get through that training and marathon during my heavy drinking days. Part of that year was intermittently trying to moderate or stop completely. My drinking got a whole lot worse after that.
Grateful to be sober, present and aware
Grateful for each one of you

Last edited by Fearlessat50; 10-21-2019 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 10-21-2019, 07:39 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Rose - I hope you enjoyed the exhibit - sounds so interesting.
NewChapter - Very grateful for you too.
Numb - Grateful you were able to rise above the challenges. I envy your speech-giving ability. It's always terrified me.
Fearless - I was getting choked up just reading about that video.
Grateful it's not a Monday from back in the day. What a nightmare I plunged myself into.
Grateful for bright sun & ambition to do stuff.
Grateful to know we're all trying our best in this fight for our sober lives.
Grateful to push aside negative thoughts & focus on all that's upbeat and good in my life.
Old 10-21-2019, 09:15 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Fearless, "Go mommies go!" is about the cutest thing I have ever heard of. Thank you for giving me a warm smile this morning.
Grateful to be up doing laundry.
Grateful to be feeling better, but a few things are lingering, luckily I think I have a light day, sans laundry. Lol.
Hev
Sending love to Rusty. You are such a beacon of light.
Grateful for all of you. Love and prayers to anyone struggling or suffering in anyway. ♥♥♥
Old 10-21-2019, 09:49 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that my esophagram is over and didn't take too long. The barium drink tasted nasty. But at least it's done and I came home and finally was able to have my morning coffee.

Grateful that Billie was a good girl in her crate while I was gone.

Grateful to read all your grats.