Blogs

Notices

Bedtime Gratitude Prayer

Old 09-05-2004, 08:22 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Tonight I pray for the people in the path of the hurricaine. Please keep them safe. I also pray for the sick and suffering addicts/alcoholics inside and outside the rooms of recovery.
Sherry
Old 09-06-2004, 10:31 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
sam082602

Dear Higher Power,

Please help me to have more love, patience, and tolerance towards & with Russell from now on!! Please help me find a decent paying job with decent hours as soon as possible!! Please keep my family & my friends safe & sound!! Please help Carmen to have a wonderful 34th birthday tomorrow!! Please help me get a good night's sleep tonight!! Please help me to be nicer & less b***hy!! Thanks for another clean and sober day!! Amen!! Love, Samantha

Old 09-08-2004, 09:08 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
sam082602

Dear Higher Power,
Thanks for another clean and sober day; and thanks for the opportunity to look for a job. Please help me get the Whataburger job if it is your will and if it is not your will, then please help me to get a job that is your will as soon as possible. Please help me to be nicer to Tiger, Russell, and others in general. Thanks for letting me chair a good meeting tonight!! Amen!! Love, Samantha

Old 09-09-2004, 03:28 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Hey Sam,
Sounds like you haven't been feeling so good lately. Your higher power will answer those prayers for you. Just keep the faith and stay strong. I'll pray for you, too. Monday is a pretty special day for you, huh? Have a great weekend.

Dear Higher Power,
Please be with Sam. Keep her safe and healthy. Relieve some of the burden she is feeling and let her know that she will be just fine. Also, please be with me and help me to make healthy decisions. Help me to let go of this anger I feel toward Jeff. It's too early for me to be in a relationship, anyway. I suppose that's why you showed me his true colors. Thank you for showing me the truth before any deeper feelings evolved. Remind me daily that I don't need a man to be whole!
Amen
Old 09-09-2004, 08:11 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
sam082602

Smile Hello, SherBear5104!!

I am okay, just my liver acting up and me not getting enough sleep!! Thanks for caring!! Yeah Monday is going to be awesome!!

Dear Higher Power,

Please let things go well with the blue card tomorrow; and please let me definitely have this job at Whataburger. Please help Russell not to go out and blow all of the money tomorrow or this weekend. Please help me be nicer to everyone especially Russell, Kazy, and Tiger!! Please keep Hurricane Ivan away from Florida & my brother and his family; and away from Virginia & my mama, Dalton, and Kayla. Please help me get a good night's sleep and help me wake up refreshed tomorrow. Please help me get started on my fourth step so that Carmen and I can get busy with my fifth step. Please guide my thought process, my fingers typing, and my words when I email some step work to Bernadett. Thank you for another day clean and sober!! Amen!! Love, Samantha

Old 09-09-2004, 08:22 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Glad to hear your ok, Samantha

Here's some flowers. May they bring a smile to your face!

Dear Higher Power,

Please be with Ted as he is struggling with this disease. Be with Everett while he is in jail. Open his mind back up so he can see that there is help for him. Let him know that he never has to use again, and he can live a better life. Be with my friends in Ft. Myers, and keep Ivan away. Keep them and Samantha's family safe.

Amen
Old 09-12-2004, 11:16 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

My Gratitude goes out to the friends who have helped me feel better about myself. I pray that they get all the blessings they deserve.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:54 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
sam082602

Hello, ya'll!! They changed my antidepressant so I can have a sex drive again and a little less weight gain and they up my dose from 100 mg to 200 mg on my trazadone so that I can maybe get some restful and decent sleep. I pray that everyone is doing God's, not theirs, will today!! Love, Samantha

Old 09-14-2004, 02:02 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Hello family,
I pray that God may spare the life of my friend, KiKi, who decided to go back out. He is in surgery right now for the beating he endured yesterday morning. If it is neccessary for him to leave this life, please comfort his family.
Old 09-15-2004, 05:21 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Let me turn this thread into a confessional for a moment, rather than a gratitude list. I confess that I haven't read all the posts like I usually obsessively do. So if I seem out of touch, it's because I am!

I am grateful, however, for Sherry and Sam keeping this thread going; for my rockin' home group; for my sister-in-law Hilary; and much more!

I am also praying for Sherry's friend KiKi, and for my friend in treatment.

Love to all, Eddie :rose
Old 09-15-2004, 08:29 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
sam082602

My prayers are for Kiki and Sheri and to finding myself a job and to stop being sick

Old 09-16-2004, 08:00 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
tha toastah

i am gratefull for the email i got today, from a friend i used to use with, saying shes a week sober.

I am gratefull for the fellowship, and the feeling of belonging it brings me.
I am gratefull for my loving parents.
I am gratefull for the chance to make up for my mistakes
I am gratefull to have discovered my spirituality
I am gratefull for my 89 days of sobriety.

I am a gratefull recovering addict.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:42 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
sam082602

My prayers are for Ted, his sister, Kiki, Sheri, Eddie, my man, me to find a job soon and me to stop being so sick!!

Old 09-16-2004, 12:55 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

My prayers are for KiKi's family as he did not survive the blow to the head from a baseball bat. He used to say that if he went back out, he would end up dead because he had already been in jails and institutions. I hate this disease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I also pray for Ted, his sister, Eddie, and Sam. Watch over my friends and myself. Keep us away from the devil. Let us keep the desire to stay clean strong. Watch over us.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:44 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Sherry,
I am so sorry about your friend and my prayers are with you and his family.
Love and hugs, Eddie Z.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:48 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Thanks Eddie,

What a reality check it was for me. I just saw him about 4 weeks ago. He relapsed 3 weeks ago, and now he is gone. It just made me see that this disease really can kill you quickly. I know I have another run in me, if I chose, but I may not have another recovery. I think I'll stay in recovery and not play with the devil.
Old 09-17-2004, 06:33 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
tha toastah

so true.

only 3% of active addicts dont die of an o.d or drug related crime.

its not worth finding out if youre part of that 3%.. cause the chances are slimmm
Old 09-17-2004, 12:30 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
sam082602

Prayers are for all those suffering!!

Old 09-17-2004, 06:27 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
No expectations!

You're welcome, Sherry!

My thanks to HP for Sherry, tobstah, Samantha, lurkings, and Dan!

Love to all, Eddie
Old 09-17-2004, 09:12 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

My bedtime prayer is for the sick and suffering out there and in the rooms.

I pray that I never forget the things I've been through in active addiction.

I pray that God will keep Eddie, Sam, Tobstah, and all my friends at SR safe.

Sherry