Notices

Part 3 - Horselover's 10 nightly gratitude items.

Old 05-29-2011, 06:06 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

nights fands
Old 05-30-2011, 07:48 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

grateful to read an article this morning on how STJohns wort,omegas, and B vitamins are helpful to some people who suffer from moderate/mild depression....(not clinical depression)....it is good to know that my personal effects are not imagined....now if i throw some regular exercise in the mix, it will also help.

grateful to think Proactive today, not reactive....

back later to catch up.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:00 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Monday evening grats:

thankful for working through some difficult thoughts today...it was easier than i thought...no wild panics,just coping like a normal person.

grateful for financial security, a good job and few practical worries....i am blessed in that respect.

grateful for hope and seeing the glass is really half full, not empty and tipped over.

grateful for good friends and fat sassy pets.

grateful for good weather, i used to say one day closer to spring...seems tobe summer now.

back in the AM for coffee and grats.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:18 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Grateful for list making. Just when I start panicking about finances I sit down and make a list and work it out. We can make it, but it will be V-E-R-Y tight while husband does this transfer of jobs. Wish we had planned it better, but he and I often fly by the seat of our pants.

Grateful for getting out and hanging up 16 more flyers today. We have them all over the City and local and everywhere I could think of. Grocery stores, restaurants, feed stores, a sign store . . .

Grateful for getting a call with regard to our house ad on Craig's. Not going to show it because they wanted to rent, but at least its feedback and people are reading our ad. Happy about that.

Grateful for deciding to skip baseball practice tonight. I've got a sore throat and son is tuckered out. He's got another friend coming for the night tomorrow so early night tonight for both of us.

Grateful for being sober another day.

Grateful for family (furry and otherwise), friends and good health.

Grateful for waking up this morning, yet being able to sleep a little later today. That was a big gift.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:28 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I might be missing in action for a few days. Not sure when we'll be packing up the router and 'puters. We *should* have internet at the new place by Sunday.

We closed on both houses today and should be moved in the new place on Saturday. YAY!

Funny: My mom and dad live about a block away from here and decided they wanted to try to sell their house so they could down-size into a condo. Anyhoo, they listed their house on Thursday and they went into contract today (just one showing on Sunday!!!). I am happy for them and also a little disgusted too.

Sending good thoughts everyone's way. Positive house selling vibes to you HL... the market seems to have done a 180 around here, hoping it spreads to your area.

Grateful for all of you
Old 05-31-2011, 02:42 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Bye Reub and many, many blessings on your move and new home. Congratulations to your folks! Very, very good news!!! I hung flyers all over today and feel pretty good right now about the whole thing. Will miss you and can't wait to hear from you when you return. xxx
Old 05-31-2011, 05:42 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

many good thoughts for you and La Famiglia Reubie...i am guessing that Mama and Papa don't want to lose sight of you? or are they staying in the same neighborhood.

safe uneventful moving...and i keep seeing the Optimum commercial that says they will be there waiting in the new house when folks move....i hope it goes smoothly.

grateful today to not worry, or work myself into a froth.
grateful for planning the right way to do the bathroom
grateful for patience
grateful for hope,working the 1/2 full glass angle
grateful for self-esteem and not being a doormat
grateful to have lots to do and feeling tired this evening...(did not sleep enough last night)
those good old RULES!
eating well and not overeating
good friends and good discounts!

see everyone in the morning for coffee and gratting.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:33 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

"grateful for hope, working the glass 1/2 full angle"

Thank you for this thread and I am going to practice this Grat today, Fandy!
(Your bathroom has inspired me for couch procurement!)
Old 06-01-2011, 04:26 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

frances mydear,check out Raymour & Flanagan if you are on the East Coast....or google them...Kathy Ireland designs or good old Cindy Crawford....very nice stuff!

Wednesday night grats;

the house is falling into place instead of falling around my ears.
grateful for peace and quiet, the harmony may find me yet!
Rules #62 and 32 of course...
good weather, very warm and i was wishing for this all winter...weel not quite this hot, but it is better than snow.
grateful for a day off tomorrow!
grateful to have a day filled with activities to focus on....cleaning out my mother's house, getting a pedicure and just not leaping out of bed to play beat the clock for work.
compassiondoes not have to mean doormat.
fat, happy pets who enjoy a cool tile floor.
being tired....
being able to enjoy each day, not dreading it...
not over -eating
Old 06-01-2011, 06:23 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Wednesday gratitude for:

1. Sticking to my diet for two days! Yay for Fandy and me and whoever else is counting their calories ...

2. Handling a difficult work situation well today. Luckily the pieces came together pretty well, but I kept my cool and used my brain. Thank you God for making sure my brain was working

3. Seedless watermelons. I used to like spitting the seeds when I was a kid. That was then ... seedless is now.

4. Getting better and better at watching out for those expectations that tend to turn into resentments.

5. Getting all my flowers potted up and some for my wonderful neighbors too. Flowers make the front porch and back yard so much more cheerful.

6. Practicing mindfulness at red lights. It was really hard this afternoon because I was late and hit virtually every red light, but I tried to let it go and focus on the blue sky and how pretty the tops of the trees were against it.
(Only swore once or twice lol)

7. Getting to know someone better today who has been hard for me to understand. Sharing a laugh helps.

8. Holding myself accountable for that mistake at work last month and doing better with that part of my job. Really happy about this because in the past, my good intentions wouldn't have lasted very long.

9. My wiggly little dog who is becoming quite the extravert at the dog park!

10. Most of all, sobriety and all the supportive people here at SR - thanks my buddies.

Have a good night, everyone
Old 06-02-2011, 06:05 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

thinking of Reubs and hope her moving and new home is making her happy and not too tired.

trivia for HL.....did you know that cherries are one of the lowest fruits on the glycemic index???? unfortunately watermelon is one of the highest sugar fruits, so i avoid it...but i can eat a pound of cherries...ieven got one of those hole-puncher pitters.

Hoping that HL has someone very interested in buying her house too....and that someone wants it NOW and has great credit for their mortgage and a big fat checkbook.

very grateful for the gardens that i have been maintaining well so far...the neighbor's cat and my mother must be keeping the deer and rabbits out of the plants....everything is still intact...usually the deer chomp everything to the nubs....my tomatoes look the best in years....last year i had the dreaded ugly, slimey tomato worm eat everything.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:29 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Interesting info re the watermelon. We just bought one yesterday and I cut up half of it and its almost gone. The kids loved it and so did husband and I. I know it has a lot of water hence "water"melon, but I don't get cravings from it like other high glycemic foods. I bought cherries also and LOVE them also. Love Summer because of all the awesome fruit to snack on. Also got another cucumber to snack on.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:42 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Horselover View Post
Interesting info re the watermelon. We just bought one yesterday and I cut up half of it and its almost gone. The kids loved it and so did husband and I. I know it has a lot of water hence "water"melon, but I don't get cravings from it like other high glycemic foods. I bought cherries also and LOVE them also. Love Summer because of all the awesome fruit to snack on. Also got another cucumber to snack on.
HL, watermelon is at the top of the list of favorites in my house... we all love it.

Hope Reub is doing great.

Sneezy, I am kinda counting calories... when I drank I didn't eat and now, I am, well, kinda a "pig" when it comes to eating. Okay that is an exaggeration, but I do love food. Thought I would start to curb my appetite and exercise more. I did have a good week so far with healthy eating and more activity.

Glad to see you going well Fandy

Hugs to all of you... and hope you find time to relax.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:16 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

very grateful that I stood up to the fast food urges today...told myself that isjust lazy!

went grocery shopping instead...i can have a healthy turkey/tomato/low-fat swiss with baby spinach and honey mustard andred peppers on a fresh roll...not greasy fast food.

and i can make myself a lighter cheese steak sandwich at home...much better options.

grateful that the humidty dropped and the temps are a steady 75, instead of 93....ac is off windows open because "they" say it will be 48 tonight.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:13 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

friday night grats:

a great haircut
gardens are watered,dinner in the oven, a good TV show to watch
not gossiping
not worrying, not wondering
not tipping over the 1/2 full glass...because then it would really BE empty.
having hope that i will improve more emotionally...at some point...i am reaching here, but i ain't dead yet.
grateful that the deer have not eaten my gardens and the flowers are blooming nicely.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:54 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Well I haven't been around in a few days and so I decided to get on when I could today.

Grateful for -

The ebbs and flows of panic leaving when I find a way to relax. Been very on edge this week.

Upgrading our package for home selling so we are now on the realtors' mls and realtor.com. Haven't received one call from a realtor since we put the sign up and in fact, have had only one showing thus far.

Finding patience when I search long enough.

Finding husband an apartment to live in while he's there and we are here. Its within walking distance to his new job. Pretty darn cool!

Deciding to homeschool son if we are still here during the next school year. That way I can take it with us and school him while we look for another home to buy and then he will not have to have 2 new school experiences. I didn't want to put him in a school while we rented and then pull him out and put him in another when we found the area to buy in.

Things that are falling together instead of apart when I pay attention to viewing them in a nonjudgmental fashion. We are, as always, being taken care of.

Groceries having been bought for the next 2 weeks and so the only expenses left are gas for the cars.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Son won his baseball games - 2 in a row! He plays today and is very excited as are we. They've been real nail biters.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:46 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

S, soulds like the full plate special

firstt things first, and being good to yourself come to mind here...

and of course, good ol'e rule 62

hugs and all good wishes blasted out hon
Old 06-05-2011, 05:02 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

s, it will fall into place if you do not worry or worry your head off....all in good time. sorry for the financial tightness...it is only temporary.

sunday grats;

grateful to take the sudden death of a colleague in stride and gear up for a wild week at work...so very sad about it....he will be missed terribly....RIP, you left us too soon.

grateful for my happy sassy pets.
grateful to be tired....i did not sleep well last night, Fandy was too bossy, Pookie too needy and nightmares on top of it.
grateful for the rules....grateful for compassion to those who truly deserve it.
grateful that i am not a doormat nor am i an idiot...(at least for today)
grateful to turn in early tonight because it will be a killer week at work (no pun intended)
grateful that i get to see my new granite this week, maybe tomorrow!
grateful that i started exercising and plan to keep it up!
grateful that i got a good haircut and do not have to spend 30 mins. romancing my blowdryer if i don't want to.
grateful for almost 15 hours of daylight! everyday.

see you all in the morning for hot coffee and gratting.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:31 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Don't think I'm worrying my head off, Fandy. Thanks for the concern.

I read this part in a book tonight and of course, the timing couldn't have been better. I thought I would share because I felt the need to - "You may run into setbacks, into circumstances that appear to be preventing you from arriving at your destination, but these are not setbacks at all; they are steps forward. In fact, they are the only steps forward possible for you to make and still arrive at your goal. Since you don't know as much as the Subconscious Mind (God), you cannot predict the part by which it will take you to your destination.

In your limited knowledge of the things and circumstances and motives of the world, you may decide that in order to arrive at your destination it is necessary for you to take a certain step at a certain time at a certain place, when the truth is that such a step actually taken would result in disaster. When you are frustrated in taking this step, you visualize the defeat of your plans and come to believe that evil has been visited on you instead of good. Thus you lose your trust in God, in the Universal Subconscious Mind and the immutable laws of the universe. You start thinking defeat and evil, with the result that they inevitably will be visited upon you."

There is absolutely one way to make the law work in your favor, and that is to trust it completely and not predict it."

This passage hit me in the face tonight and with good reason. Just when I start feeling sorry for myself because things are not going as I have planned and according to my time line, I panic. Well I am trying to change and will take this as yet another voice from God to turn it over to Him at this point. I have done everything that I can do and now it is time to be patient and enjoy today. I am extremely grateful for this message and as always, the timing is perfect.

Let go and let God!!! xxx
Old 06-06-2011, 04:22 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

very helpful, thanks for that....i will no doubt re-read it several times,probably today, tomorrow.....

it's hard to let go and let God do the heavy lifting sometimes.