Let's Bring Back TGIF!

Old 05-13-2011, 02:02 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

5.13.11 - Happy Friday!
I started the process to get a dog. So a little puppy is on order. Boston Terrier!
No big plans for me this weekend. Maybe more flowers and veggies. I have some shelves to put up in my closet. Stuff like that.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:05 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Against my better judgment, I'm taking on someone else's kids overnight. Gorgeous summer day, we'll probably barbecue and play outside until the sun goes down (around 11 or so)... Love summers in AK...
Old 05-13-2011, 02:08 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Happy b'day, CanFixOnlyMe!!!

Not sure what will pan out... AH came home drunk for lunch, mowed one strip of the lawn, asked if I want to go out and have some clams or oysters (read: drinks), and then overreacted to a discussion we had which became an excuse to go out, so his car is not in the driveway. Hmmm, wonder where he went.

I plan to walk my dog, and my BIL's dog next door, tidy up the house and go to a 7:00 Alanon meeting.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:10 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Present

Happy Birthday CanFixOnlyMe

I always have good luck on Friday the 13th's. I love breaking trends

I meditate on HP and what my spiritual mission is, each week, every Friday, with a group of people from around the world. I look forward to Friday every week because of this.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:28 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Shellcrusher View Post
5.13.11 - Happy Friday!
I started the process to get a dog. So a little puppy is on order. Boston Terrier!
No big plans for me this weekend. Maybe more flowers and veggies. I have some shelves to put up in my closet. Stuff like that.
I have a Boston Terrier! They ROCK! Good choice...great dog for kids.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:37 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MeredithD1 View Post
Happy Birthday CanFixOnlyMe

I always have good luck on Friday the 13th's. I love breaking trends

I meditate on HP and what my spiritual mission is, each week, every Friday, with a group of people from around the world. I look forward to Friday every week because of this.
Thanks for this, Meredith--and your autosignature with the roses and the quote was very reassuring...
Old 05-13-2011, 02:37 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Getting my DIY mo-jo back!

After a week of sitting around feeling sorry for myself because I can't have life on MY terms...last night I bought a new cordless drill...no more asking the RAH for tools!

Today I bought the remaining light fixtures for replacement, and I have heavy items to hang, a dresser to finish painting, and several more walls that desperately need fresh paint! I used the drill already and I LOVE it...not very good with it yet but that'll get better with practice.

It is a gorgeous warm, sunny day so taking the dogs for an off-leash run is on order. I'll bring pepper spray for the wildlife!
Old 05-13-2011, 02:54 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl View Post
I'll bring pepper spray for the wildlife!

:uzi2:
Old 05-13-2011, 02:55 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Oh jeez it's Friday? Long term unemployment does that, forget what the hell day it is. lol
Friday is my dedicated TV night to watch Supernatural.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:36 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

My other three roses came in the mail today! So guess who was out gardening on her balcony. I love them already. And one of them already has buds on it!
My balcony is going to be gorgeous this summer.

Also working on the kitty condo for Peaches some more. It doesn't look particularly professional or anything, but Peaches seems to like it, and that's what matters.

Going out on a day trip with a friend tomorrow.
No particular plans for Sunday, but this time around I like it like that.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:01 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Another Friday in the books. What's on the plate? I know lots of you folks had some successes to some degree. Perhaps peace is on the plate?

I have a new puppy in the house. The AW is working her recovery pretty hard. The boy is finally sleeping through the nights again. We're not getting pounded with rain today.
I'd say things are shaping up to be pretty good. I'm looking forward to some rest tonight and hoping that the puppy doesn't cry.
We also have a monster of a concert to attend tomorrow. I'll be up way beyond my bed time but it should be great! The boy is heading to Grandma's tomorrow so we can sleep in Sunday.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:06 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

I have a crappy weekend planned, and it is cold and rainy, but the good news - alcoholism is not a factor so I'm counting it as a win anyway.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:57 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

My only plans are box from 7 to 8 tonight. Then kickboxing from 12 to 2 tomorrow.

And Sunday morning I will chat with camera with my sister and my mom. My niece is due in one week only! I am so excited!

Alcohol is not in the picture so that is a win for me, too.
And work is not in the picture either so that is another win.

May visit the organic store I like.
May check out houses. Did I tell you I convinced my mom to live in the same city I live in?
May wash the cats.
May try to put some order in the apartment.
May study.
May paint.

Its all about me, eh
Old 05-20-2011, 03:40 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

I am going to my best friends 40th birthday in South Caroline! Going to drive to Gainesville tonight and continue on tomorrow.

Taking my 3 girls and gonna have a road trip!

Think I will turn my phone off so I dont get texts from Ah!
Old 05-20-2011, 04:07 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Girlfriend is bringing me some lasagna tonight! Not sure what id do without her.

Gonna walk to get my groceries & get my hair buzzed off. Should be interesting

Bowling on Sunday

Then the usual laundry, running, cleaning, cooking the next weeks meals...

Just gotta stay busy and away from booze! Gonna sip my tea during bowling lol
Old 05-20-2011, 04:12 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TakingCharge999 View Post
May wash the cats.

I think I'd put that one at the bottom of the list.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:46 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

I intend to relax this weekend.

Not sure exactly what that means I'll be doing, but I'll figure that out as I go along.

Tonight, that means reading You Are Here, once I've unwound from work. It's a short book, I might even finish it tonight.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:09 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Ah Friday - I have been waiting all week for quitting time on Friday! I am so behind at work I will get some done this weekend, but tonight I am just relaxing. Got some flowers to plant in my pots. Taking the dogs for a walk. Reading. Enjoying my solitude instead of feeling overwhelmed by it.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:19 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

You are all awesome!

LOL, well its SO hot down here that I think the cats might enjoy some fresh water.. I usually use a mousse for "dry wash" but a vet told me they might benefit from a bath once every month or so... gladly they have their soft paws so I will finish unharmed for the most part... I know the feel much better clean and fluffy afterwards, and I have a natural herb that I use before to make them very sleepy and relaxed.. so as you notice.. I got my bases covered LOL

I will check out that book too StarCat!!

I bought a small canvas and am now sketching some small drawing for a girlfriend...

Came back from box, I even "ran" 20 minutes afterwards... got slightly better after sucking at it the last few times. The guy I like was there and we trained together... by the end he made small talk...asked me if I had a boyfriend... and I said I was single... the other day he TOTALLY caught me checking him out. Sometimes he takes his shirt off... (I told you its really HOT down here..)

Talk about motivation to go to the gym. Aw, it made my night. Now of course he is like 10 years younger than me hahaha I think I am a cougar :/ but its really nice, to talk with healthier guys... and if they happen to look great...
Old 05-20-2011, 07:23 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

FRIDAY! Been very down in the dumps this week so looking forward to boardgame + frozen yogurt night tonight with two of my friends. Then work work work all weekend and keep my head busy thinking about ANYTHING on the planet other than the x.