Blogs

Notices

Let's Bring Back TGIF!

Old 05-27-2011, 09:08 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TakingCharge999 View Post
When I had a car accident and couldn't move much for weeks my cats kept cuddling next to me all the time... it was a tough and lonely time, they made me smile and still make me smile.... I hope your dog changes its opinion about cats... not all are bad

Or maybe they were just using me as a pillow lol
It seems for them EVERYTHING is a pillow!!
Cats or dogs, both have the wonderful knack of being there for you during the good and bad times. My dog (cat issues and all...LOL) has seen me through some of the darkest times in my life and through it all, has loved me unconditionally....he makes me smile, makes me laugh, he is my best friend in the world, like Dolce and Gabanna (love the names) are for you.

Think my dog is "Cat-Dependent..."....LOL...and my 60lb mutt uses me as a pillow as well, crowds me out of bed, steals my pillows.........
The Following User Says Thank You to Linkmeister For This Useful Post:
TakingCharge999 (05-27-2011)
Old 05-28-2011, 03:01 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Friday

Unfortunately, working on Saturday is causing a little break in this long weekend. Yet I am grateful to have Sunday and Monday off. I used to work third shift, so I still look at it as having late Saturday afternoon and night off.....

Am looking forward to the pool being ready and a cookout.
Maybe a movie and bowling w/hubby.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lala03044 For This Useful Post:
anvilhead (05-28-2011)
Old 06-03-2011, 03:44 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

YAY it's Friday again! Decided to bump this thread because it's always nice reading about something other than the A's!

Had a pretty nice day today which included handling some paperwork and going to the gym. I'm excited to slowly start getting back on my running schedule! Just relaxing a bit now and then excited to see a friend for drinks and/or baking tonight!

Tomorrow I've got work in the morning and then dinner at a relative's home for a cousin's graduation so that should be nice. Followed by more working on Sunday! Yipeee!
Old 06-03-2011, 03:59 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Contemplating going out to "First Friday" to see some art and maybe have a glass of wine. It's either that or dealing with six loads of laundry. Oh the choices, the choices...
Old 06-03-2011, 10:46 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

I had an awesome day!!! Met a very high end interior designer who loves my work...YAY!!! AND, he wants me to do some decorative painting in his house. I'm in a very good mood today!
Old 06-03-2011, 11:10 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Went to the gym. Ordered pizza, watched a Hulu movie. Currently crying from missing the 85% that was good in our relationship. Reminding myself that someone who thinks my values are silly, or that I'm overreacting when I express them, is NOT someone I want to be in a relationship with. Admitting that I'm a serial monogamist, and committing to being single - whatever the hell that means.

Gratitude list: Progress.

- Sad Sack Sylvie
The Following User Says Thank You to Sylvie66 For This Useful Post:
marie1960 (06-10-2011)
Old 06-10-2011, 10:06 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

6.10.11 - Friday
It's going to be a sweet day and weekend.
My first boys weekend in over 2 years.

Headin to the hills later today.

The lad is with his grandparents.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shellcrusher For This Useful Post:
GettingBy (06-10-2011), jayscott (06-10-2011), LaPinturaBella (06-10-2011), lillamy (06-10-2011), theuncertainty (06-10-2011), Tuffgirl (06-10-2011)
Old 06-10-2011, 10:19 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Have a great time, Shell.

I have to work this weekend - but by choice. I have one project lagging painfully behind and it is time to sit down and get it wrapped up. Not only do I need it off my plate, but others need me to finish my end in order to move forward on their end. It's time.

I also have some painting projects on the new house...that'll be my down time!

Happy Friday!
The Following User Says Thank You to Tuffgirl For This Useful Post:
lillamy (06-10-2011)
Old 06-10-2011, 10:32 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

How can it be Friday again??? This week just flew by!

I'm involving the kids in a reorganizing project at home. Really, what'll happen is that they sit and sort through their stuff and go, "OH, Mom, look at this yo-yo! I haven't seen that since..." while I do the heavy lifting.

Over the weekend, we're doing a fundraiser run and maybe going to the Renaissance Fair and hanging out with friends.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:10 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

DS has been invited a mini-golf birthday party for a little girl in his class this afternoon. Her mom offered to pick up DS before and drop off after since I have a meeting today. DS picked out his clothes last night for the party and told me he was going to wear his "handsome" shirt for the party. After the party Grandpa, my Dad, will be picking up DS and his cousins and they'll be heading out to Grandpa's lot to work on improvements to their club house.

So tonight, I'll enjoy a nice quiet drive out to Dad's and then will have the best pizza in town - or maybe the best Mexican food, not sure which yet - with 3 silly boys who will most likely be covered head-to-toe in dirt and sawdust from Grandpa's lot.

Tomorrow is my nephews' birthday party, and it was scheduled between their two birthdays so that it happens on my one Saturday, so DS can attend. They picked rollerskating. (I didn't even know there was still a rink in town!)
The Following User Says Thank You to theuncertainty For This Useful Post:
LaPinturaBella (06-10-2011)
Old 06-10-2011, 11:24 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

This weekend is just me and little man. We've got a playdate group on Sunday, looking forward to getting out and meeting some other grown-ups. Might go to the zoo on Saturday if the weather improves!
The Following User Says Thank You to jayscott For This Useful Post:
LaPinturaBella (06-10-2011)
Old 06-10-2011, 12:48 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

I'm still getting settled into my new house. I've got a bike ride with a friend in the morning and my daughter and her husband are coming over on Saturday evening. Sunday will be yard work (which I enjoy), meditation class and a meeting.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:55 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Today grocery shopping for food to bring tomorrow night to Ravinia to see Moody Blues with a whole bunch of people and Sunday my sister and daughter are going downtown to an Art Fair but first having lunch at my daughter's place. Can't wait for it to begin!!
The Following User Says Thank You to fedup3 For This Useful Post:
marie1960 (06-10-2011)
Old 06-10-2011, 01:39 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Hmmm... I don't know what I'm doing this weekend! Putting together a bedframe seems to be the only thing. I usually do a nice long run on Saturdays; I could do a practice run for the 4th of July 10K. Play with the new cat (!), clean the apartment, read a novel, shoot hoops with my kid. Nice!
I will not be attending this week's pity party.

- Sylvie
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sylvie66 For This Useful Post:
jackien41 (06-10-2011), LaPinturaBella (06-10-2011), roxiestone (06-10-2011)
Old 06-10-2011, 01:51 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

I just sold a ton of stuff at our neighborhood garage sale... made enough money to pay for "Pizza Friday" AND canolis for dessert!!! YEAH for us!! The kids are going to be stoked!

The bonus... is that I got all sorts of "junk" cleaned out of the house so I won't have to worry about moving it! And, the house is cleaner/neater for showings :-)

I'm planning nice long bike rides for Sat/Sun morning! Already put in 70 miles this week!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GettingBy For This Useful Post:
LaPinturaBella (06-10-2011), roxiestone (06-10-2011)
Old 06-10-2011, 10:00 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

I have been relaxing...feeling calm and not stressed for the first time in months. Knowing I have income coming in on a regular basis is a giant relief. And wouldn't you know it, now that I have a regular job, I've received 4 possible painting jobs!!! LMAO...I'm gonna be one busy, tired woman in the very near future, but so grateful that I won't have to be constantly worrying about finances. And it doesn't hurt to have a very sweet cat snuggling up to me...I'm taking care of him for a few weeks while his people are in Africa.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LaPinturaBella For This Useful Post:
MeredithD1 (06-17-2011), Sylvie66 (07-15-2011)
Old 06-17-2011, 09:58 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

6.17.11 - Friday

What can I say? It's Father's Day weekend and I'm a Father. I'll be doing some of the stuff I like to do and I'm sure a good chunk will include playing ball with my son.

It's my weekend. It will be a good one.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shellcrusher For This Useful Post:
jackien41 (06-17-2011), LaPinturaBella (06-17-2011), MeredithD1 (06-17-2011)
Old 06-17-2011, 10:07 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

My friend from across the state is coming up tonight for a convention tomorrow.
I'm going to be leaving work in 2 hours to meet her at her hotel. We're going out to dinner, and she wants to see my apartment, and we'll have a good chance to catch up on things. I am really looking forward to it.

Hopefully the weather is lovely, so I can get some swimming in over the weekend. The pool is open during the week now, as well, so I need to make sure I stick to a good work schedule so I can get home in time to spend an hour or so swimming.

And of course spending some time with another friend, not sure what we're doing yet, but whatever it is it will be fun.

Nothing for Father's Day per se, but he's coming up on Tuesday next week (and staying overnight for another conference), so we'll be having dinner together.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:11 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

I am heading to Lowe's with my paycheck (I love payday, even though that feeling of being flush with money doesn't last long these days!) for a gallon of deck stain and a new front door knob. Those are my projects for today...a rare day off...and a sunny one to boot. Think I'll take a bike ride later, while I wait for the stain to dry.

Happy Friday, all!

P.S. Just had to add - my Dad bought a new airplane so I doubt he'll be around for Father's Day. The older he gets, the more he prefers we downplay these types of events so he can go live his life. The old me would have been hurt by that. The new me thinks its awesome that at his age, he can prioritize for himself and be selfish about it. I think, at age 70, you have earned the right to do whatever the heck you want with your time. I'll send him a nice text message, and he'll be perfectly fine with that.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tuffgirl For This Useful Post:
GettingBy (06-17-2011), LaPinturaBella (06-17-2011), StarCat (06-17-2011), TakingCharge999 (07-15-2011)
Old 06-17-2011, 10:43 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

I said "yes" to meeting a girlfriend for dinner instead of coming up with some random excuse so I could just stay home and isolate myself.

And I'm going to my Al-Anon group in the morning.

Then Dad's on Sunday for a family BBQ. :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to booksnlattes For This Useful Post:
TakingCharge999 (07-15-2011)