Blogs

Notices

Let's Bring Back TGIF!

Old 04-15-2011, 04:23 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

Friday: Took off work early and took the kitten to the vet. Just a checkup to make sure she's healing well (she was spayed Monday). She's afraid of the vet now. I'm sure she'll get over it, but she used to love the vet.

Saturday: Maybe dinner and a movie with a friend in the afternoon. Morning I might stop by Home Depot and get some sort of mesh for my balcony. Not that I intend to let my kitten sit on the balcony, but I do want to feel safer should she manage to get out.

Sunday: Going to a Farmer's Market in the morning, maybe a movie in the evening.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:04 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

I pulled my neck this week, and my boss gave me a gift certificate for a free massage, so....I'm getting a free massage in the morning!!

Then, I found a coupon for a free spray tan, so....I'm getting a free spray tan tomorrow afternoon!!

Yay for free stuff!

Also, I have one empty page left in the journal I started this year, so I'll get to start a new journal book this weekend. Thats exciting stuff! Its the little things....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to buttercream For This Useful Post:
bookwyrm (04-16-2011), OceanEyes21 (04-15-2011), StarCat (04-15-2011), wanttobehealthy (04-29-2011)
Old 04-15-2011, 06:40 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

Originally Posted by buttercream View Post
Thats exciting stuff! Its the little things....
I CANNOT AGREE MORE!

I also LOVE how I actually can get excited about the little things.
I thought I had forgotten how to do that!
But I'll confess, I'm equally excited about my new $15 subscription to National Geographic as I was when I bought my car in January.

Little things are awesome!
(And they do great with my budget, too!)
Old 04-29-2011, 02:11 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

2 weeks have passed since my last TGIF.

4.29.11 - I don't have anything exciting planned this weekend. Based on my current situation it may be fight night in the Crusher household.

So anyone doing anything neat?
Old 04-29-2011, 02:23 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

My Fri night... I'm taking care of a sick 3 yr old which puts a new spin on why perhaps she was so mellow and agreeable last night!
Old 04-29-2011, 02:23 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

I am caught up on all my classes but the 'struggle' one
meaning that I can devote the ENTIRE weekend
to study and preparing for the final in that class.

I have an Epedeitic speech to write
a speech to write a critical paper on
and 145 study questions to complete.

but -
it's ALL I have to complete for this weekend.

So I'm putting myself on three hour intervals
(actually setting a clock)
three hours work
couple of hours for a movie and laundry
then back to work.

It should be covered and completed by Monday!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to barb dwyer For This Useful Post:
CanfixONLYme (04-29-2011), StarCat (05-01-2011), Tuffgirl (04-29-2011)
Old 04-29-2011, 02:27 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

I am going out with a gal from work.. we call it 'happy hour' but it is because we are happy for an hour ! (not a drinking kind) There are lots of great restaurants around here so we like to try new ones.

I'm also going to try to reconnect with my best friend. I've been trying but she is grieving the loss of her 5 year old and understandably is in her own world.. but it would be healthy to get her to focus on other things..maybe go for a walk or to a park.

I am really going to try to do something. I get really down on weekends as well. I need to keep my life moving along on weekends as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Babyblue For This Useful Post:
CanfixONLYme (04-29-2011)
Old 04-29-2011, 02:43 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Weekends are really busy.

Kids party at a wave pool / water slide tonight. I can’t use the water slide as I have stitches from some minor surgery today. Bummer I love water slides. Kids will have a great time.
Family karate if I can get the kids up early enough on Sat AM.
Sunday up early for the drive up to visit my wife in rehab. Long day 12 HR +- with visit and driving time.
At some point I need to find 5-8 hours to do some work I have two reports that should have been done today that I need to e-mail before Monday AM.
I forgot need to clean the house, cook, laundry and grocery shop for next week.
Weekends need to be much longer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeep08 For This Useful Post:
CanfixONLYme (04-29-2011)
Old 04-29-2011, 02:50 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Shellcrusher View Post
2 weeks have passed since my last TGIF.

4.29.11 - I don't have anything exciting planned this weekend. Based on my current situation it may be fight night in the Crusher household.

So anyone doing anything neat?
Good luck, hope it is a weekend with little conflict and some progress.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeep08 For This Useful Post:
Shellcrusher (04-29-2011)
Old 04-29-2011, 04:59 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

ooh, I get to play with my Arduino!

- Sylvie the geek
Old 04-29-2011, 05:29 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Always the consummate Friday night party animal, I'm planning on cleaning my bathroom and possibly baking some bread. And chasing the children around while they claim having to clean their rooms on a Friday night is way too exhausting after a full week at school. And they'll win. Until Saturday morning.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lillamy For This Useful Post:
theuncertainty (04-29-2011), Tuffgirl (04-29-2011), wanttobehealthy (04-30-2011)
Old 04-29-2011, 06:08 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

I have a broken-hearted 17 yr old who just called me "stupid" for telling her she was suffering from a bad case of stinkin' thinkin' over this boy. *SIGH*

I have two 14 yr olds having a sleepover.

I have a bunch of stuff to unpack still...& had to take an incomplete in a class this semester to make up for the assignments I blew off so I can maintain my GPA and not get dropped from this program, so I have assignments to finish. Ugh!

And I am just so glad its Friday because I am tired and I just want to sleep in tomorrow morning...in my new (to me) bed in my new (to me) house.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tuffgirl For This Useful Post:
CanfixONLYme (04-29-2011), lillamy (04-29-2011), theuncertainty (04-29-2011), wanttobehealthy (04-30-2011)
Old 04-29-2011, 10:57 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

A bit late for TGIF plans, but I spent an awesome day on a train to Seward, AK, and back to Anchorage, for work. And then a great evening with family and good food. I'm now drinking a coffee and hoping it won't keep me up too late. But, it tastes so good!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theuncertainty For This Useful Post:
lillamy (04-29-2011), Tuffgirl (04-30-2011)
Old 04-30-2011, 12:02 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

It was my bday today. I slept in, snuggled with my kitties and had a leisurely coffee at the local cafe on the patio. - it was great, but i know in my heart it would have been much better if I was single and mentally healthy... ... not 'waiting' for my (R)AH to feck up yet again... and unfort. I allowed myself to 'worry' what he was up to today.

Tomorrow I have school all day - InDesign Class / Dreamweaver I
Sun I have a 4 year old bday party to go to and then a Sarah McLaughlin concert with a friend.

I was tempted for a few brief moments to blow off this whole plan above for fears of what (R)AH would get up to without me there... (head shake!!!) --- it's just ending up making me crazy! ;(

I will endeavor to think of ME and stop living in the worries of what (R)AH is up to and how he is screwing up his life. I can't stop him no matter what, but I can stop my behaviors and focus on the good stuff that's going on for me.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CanfixONLYme For This Useful Post:
StarCat (05-01-2011), Tuffgirl (04-30-2011), wanttobehealthy (04-30-2011)
Old 04-30-2011, 06:28 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday - CanfixONLYme!!!

Friday night (last night for me), I made a peanut butter & chocolate thickshake, plonked my butt on the sofa and watched 6 hours of the royal wedding. Loved every minute of it

Saturday, housework, zumba, walked dog and read all afternoon

Saturday night (right now), watching contact on tv, reading SR on iphone & snacking on cheese & crackers

Sunday (tomorrow), going to a flea market with a good friend & hopefully finding a bargain
Old 04-30-2011, 11:14 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Can Fix Only Me!!!!
Old 05-01-2011, 05:24 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

Happy birthday, CanfixONLYme!

This weekend I planted an herb garden and some tomatoes on my balcony.

I bought a real drill with a cord and a chuck key, not that useless can't-hold-a-charge-or-a-bit-for-that-matter cordless drill that XABF got for me.

Did a lot of work on Peaches' kitty condo (she can use it now, although it's not done yet). Not as fancy looking as I had wanted it to be, but she's warming up to it and seems to like it, and that's what matters.

Went to a friend's house and the two of us did a lot of work around her house. It was actually fun to fix things up without XABF always over my shoulder saying I was doing it wrong, or insisting on doing it himself then getting upset when I'm not helping him. It was fun.

Actually registered as a member of the parish for the church I've been going to.

Made plans with my friend from across the state, to spend an evening together when she comes up my way for a wedding.

Cuddled with Peaches and played with her a lot.

It's been a good weekend.
The Following User Says Thank You to StarCat For This Useful Post:
bookwyrm (05-02-2011)
Old 05-06-2011, 12:21 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

5.6.11 - This week was loooong.
I'm feeling much better this go around. MiniCrusher might have foot and mouth. It's going around school. So he's getting picked up with 102 fever, took a digger on the playground and gets a doctor visit. Poor fella.

I'm planning on a hot weekend full of gardening work. The AW is on her anti-depressants, and anti drinking pill and seems to be holding strong. I know it takes a few weeks for the antidepressants to really start doing it's thing so I'm hoping for a continued placebo effect until that time.

Happy Friday. We've all earned it and I hope you all have a great weekend.

Happy Mother's Day! :day6
The Following User Says Thank You to Shellcrusher For This Useful Post:
theuncertainty (05-06-2011)
Old 05-06-2011, 06:36 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

I'm looking forward to a trip to the Museum with my Mother on Sunday!!!! Just us girls.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:08 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Happy Friday! I finished my laundry.... now what? LOL! ABF invited me to spend the night, but.... I dunno. I'm wary for sure. I think I'll spend some time making up a contract; numbers always calm me down!
Tomorrow is the Kentucky Derby!! One of these years, I'm going to go and wear the Big Hat and .... gamble! maybe.
'We'll see' seems to be my motto these days. My kids tell me it's my shorthand for 'no', though, which is pretty ironic.

- Sylvie, a vortex of swirling indecisiveness. sheesh.