Let's Bring Back TGIF!

Old 02-25-2011, 02:06 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Wave to Russia for me okay, ya darntootin!

j/k
Old 02-25-2011, 08:10 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Shellcrusher View Post
Wave to Russia for me okay, ya darntootin!

j/k
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Good one, Shellcrusher...
Old 02-25-2011, 08:55 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Old 02-25-2011, 10:25 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Re: Let's Bring Back TGIF!

Thanks shellcrusher for the topic..........

My Friday isn't any different than yours except for maybe the time zone.

My sponsor is celebrating 19 years of sobriety tomorrow and he asked me to speak for him. I am so amazed at how an alcoholic -like us- can achieve any lasting sobriety, especially after spending all those horrific years chasing our tails. I guess everything can work out in the end, only if we allow it too -like my sponsor does one day at a time.

I've been rehearsing in my mind what I am going to say. I spent three hours now trying to come up with anything good to say about him and cannot -just kidding. He is a great sponsor and is worthy of any and all accolades, especially after having me as a sponsee -can you say spazoid.

Sobriety is a gift and everyone is worthy of that gift no matter what. My prayer this Friday as it is every day goes something like this: If you remain in the presence of sober minded people, you safeguard your sobriety one sober friend at a time.

~God Bless~

Happy Friday Everyone...Yeah... it's the weekend.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:54 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

*tuffgirl and theuncertainty can see Russia from their houses*

Old 03-04-2011, 11:31 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

That's right! It's Friday again.
I'm doing pretty good today. Bought myself 3 new suits cause the old ones are looking a bit rough. I'm pretty tired and looking forward to some sleep.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:43 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

I am going to do some more cleaning of the apartment today. I am trying to sort everything, and redecorate as if it is mine, and so far it has been helping immensely.
I am also going to do some more reading, and kitten cuddling.
I will also take another spin on the exercise bike, I think.

Saturday I am having a friend over, to talk, and eventually we'll eat dinner.
I'm looking forward to Saturday.

Sunday, probably more cleaning and organizing. My parents and two youngest brothers will be up later this month, I still haven't said anything to them about XABF, not sure if I will before they arrive or not, but I do want everything to be presentable. It's good motivation, in addition to the improvement to my mood.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:57 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I am gearing up to possibly make an offer on a house tomorrow. Been emailing with my banker - who is at a hockey tournament with his kid today (thank goodness for the IPhone) and I think I am ready to make the plunge. I'll do a second walk through tomorrow. I am so darn excited AND terrified at the same time! What of someone makes an offer today and beats me to it? What if my RAH divorces me (he is not supportive of this)? what if the furnace craps out a month after I move in? What if I lose my job this summer when my contract is up?

Yeesh - I need to lay off the coffee for a while...

Another sunny day in Alaska...so clear I can see all the way to Russia! I'm going for a ski at lunch.

Happy Friday, all.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:40 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl View Post
I am gearing up to possibly make an offer on a house tomorrow. Been emailing with my banker - who is at a hockey tournament with his kid today (thank goodness for the IPhone) and I think I am ready to make the plunge. I'll do a second walk through tomorrow. I am so darn excited AND terrified at the same time! What of someone makes an offer today and beats me to it? What if my RAH divorces me (he is not supportive of this)? what if the furnace craps out a month after I move in? What if I lose my job this summer when my contract is up?

Yeesh - I need to lay off the coffee for a while...

Another sunny day in Alaska...so clear I can see all the way to Russia! I'm going for a ski at lunch.

Happy Friday, all.
Most of those worries you can't control. The one thing you can is get your realtor to require the seller to include/buy a 1 year warranty on all items in the house similar to the furnace, water heater, etc. That should be part of your offer. A year warranty covering mechanics and general plumbing costs roughly $500 in the lower states. After a year is over you've probably dealt with everything you could. Don't be afraid to put a little pressure on the sellers during your offer and this includes staying open to further negotiation after the inspection results come back.

Watch out for the bears.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:30 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Shellcrusher View Post
Most of those worries you can't control. The one thing you can is get your realtor to require the seller to include/buy a 1 year warranty on all items in the house similar to the furnace, water heater, etc. That should be part of your offer. A year warranty covering mechanics and general plumbing costs roughly $500 in the lower states. After a year is over you've probably dealt with everything you could. Don't be afraid to put a little pressure on the sellers during your offer and this includes staying open to further negotiation after the inspection results come back.

Watch out for the bears.
Yeah - thanks for the reminder that I am worrying and fretting over things I can't control...its easy to go all the way out there. My boss added to this list, "What if on the way home from work today you get run over by a city bus?" Ha ha! Made me see the nonsense in the worrying.

And thanks for the reminder of a home warranty. I am going to include that in my offer if I make one today. I had forgotten about that...but it would be great to have in place for some peace of mind!

I am much less freaked out today and far more excited!!
Old 03-11-2011, 08:16 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

It's that time again. Friday!
Realization dawned on me today that with the AW visiting her mom it will mark the 6th weekend straight where we've not be together as a couple for the weekend. Perhaps we're taking a break from each other but I kinda think we don't like being around each other at all. hmmm Definitely something to ponder.

I'll be with my boy tomorrow. We're planning on swinging and park time. He's visiting his grandma on Sunday so I'm going to work on my soil for the gardens. (If the weather holds nice)
Old 03-11-2011, 08:22 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

Tonight I will be packing because...

I will be spending the weekend with my aunt and uncle. I can't wait!
Old 03-11-2011, 08:42 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

not so TGIF, there's another blizzard coming.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:00 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pixilation View Post
not so TGIF, there's another blizzard coming.
Good time to make some chili.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:18 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I have the day off today, and plan to actually take the day off this time - no work allowed. Just do things I enjoy.

Chili sounds good right now....hmmmm...I do enjoy cooking...
Old 03-11-2011, 11:43 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I will meet a friend from University I haven't seen in... 8 years?

He has some kittens and I am thinking, I might offer to spay/neuter all of them. I am not sure how he found them.

Later tonight I plan to take my second box class.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:30 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

spring break!!!!!
Old 03-18-2011, 09:52 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

hmm
It's Friday again. Feels like I'm counting down to a doomsday today. The AW is on a binge. She's not off the charts but her passive aggressive behavior is in full swing, she's making me sad and I'm not happy about it.

I wish it was Sunday night and I'm sleeping before I got back to work on Monday.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:58 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Woohoo! I am decluttering, I have 3 bins and several boxes/bags full of stuff to go to a swap(where I will NOT bring home even close to the amount that I am leaving there)

Anything left at the swap gets donated, so it's a win/win for everyone.

then when I'm done with that, I will be spending more quality time in my attic, cleaning it out further and bring more stuff to my sister's house for storing until I move out(making it easier to move out, less stuff to haul away)
Old 03-18-2011, 10:14 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I am decluttering/cleaning, too.
Took my 3rd box class. It is great to be around sweaty guys punching stuff. It is great to punch stuff!! now I am exhausted!!
Oh and also I bought an organic hair dye. Tomorrow I will have a haircut with an excellent stylist!
Sunday movies with a grilfriend and her baby. Pizza.
Monday, its day off and its the Equinox so I will go to a welcome ceremony and conferences all day.

!!