Let's Bring Back TGIF!

Old 07-16-2010, 04:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wife2Kids View Post
I think I scare my neighbors (holy cr** Marge come and look at our new neighbor. Isn't she a little old to be doing that and why is she wearing a blindfold?)

I have been a great source of entertainment for my neighbors over the years. I've participated in the 'great race' in the backyard with the other dogs (greyhound included), hopped around on one foot cussing after I've stepped in doggy doo doo, you name it!
Old 07-16-2010, 04:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Mine is a hairy lurcher called Harvey..., i still step in doggy doo tho!!
Old 07-23-2010, 09:26 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

7/23 - TGIF!
3 Weeks into this positive energy plan. Seems to be working. If anything, it helps me set the proper path for the weekend, which helps enforce boundaries and ensure I take care of myself. Otherwise, I get sucked into putting my thumb in my butt and creeping around the shells.

Today, I must say TGIF. Problems were rife this week. My commute cigar is packed and it will be enjoyed this evening. I've also found solace in putting my lad down for the night, then retiring to my cave and playing some video games for a few hours. Man! I'm still a kid at heart.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:01 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Great Idea SC

Going out dinner & dancin' with my girlfriend. We may be like........ 40

but we still love to shake our groove thang.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:29 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Great thread!
Tonight even though it is pouring rain I will going into NYC, meet my friends and hopefully mingle with some new friends. Tomorrow I have a barbecue at my cousins and Sunday I will see my dear friend and her baby, my goddaughter for some girl time.
My life isnt going to stop because I am getting divorced.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:41 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

This week-end: rest (ok I may try to start my toddler daycare quilt/blanket project) + (of course) tango
Old 07-23-2010, 11:14 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Yes ShellShocker I am still a kid at heart to..I may be the biggest dork alive but I have a raid tonight on my online game and you know what I love it! It is all my friends and that's all I need for a good time...besides I cant be going out and shaking my groove thing when my little ones are sleeping =)
Old 07-23-2010, 11:20 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Awakening

Well it's been one long 3 week-weekend for me, and I must say I've LOVED IT.

Got my Alanon meetings Saturday at 11a and Sunday at 6:30p. Usually lunch out with the girls on Saturday. Workout, dinner/movie with my favorite person, me.

Then Sunday, is my bellybutton birthday, I'll be 50 something. So to celebrate that my adopted sister from my home group has already told me not to make plans, as she will be takin' me out! Probably for Baskin Robins ice cream, YUM!

Then only 2 more weeks of being the "kidless" dad, I go get LMC the 7th of August. God I miss that little toot. So ya for me.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:52 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Climbing hills, flying down...

Good things about Friday:

1.) caught up on my grading so I can enjoy the weekend
2.) traffic coming back home wasn't too bad
3.) we're getting the new place unpacked, took a walk through the new neighborhood, bought a DVD, and now are settling it with take out and movie. Little kitty is sleeping on the couch. Can't get better than that. TGIF!
Old 08-02-2010, 10:17 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Sorry for no topper last Friday but I wasn't online. Thankfully!
So here's my TGIF report from last week.

7/30/10 - Taking a day off from work. Spent it with my wife at the museum. One of the better weekends in a long time.

I'll be topping this again come this Friday. Stay tuned and keep the positive energy flowing.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:04 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

8/6/10 - Friday, Friday, Friday! First 1 in August

Guess what? I'm starting to not dread them so much. I have to believe focusing on the positive helps me get back to myself. It's also helping me detach somewhat as that has been hard for me to do.

I'm in the middle of a massive plumbing project. I hate plumbing but it's a nice object of concentration for me. Gives me a feeling of accomplishment. I should be done with it tonight.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:15 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

oh plumbing. geez, good for you shellcrusher.
i am alone because my daughter is in rehab.
so, i am going to a local park and the salvation army.
I love shopping at the salvation army.

Beth
Old 08-06-2010, 02:13 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Therapy 7-9 - I love the feeling of working on myself and the promise to feel NOTHING about certain people and achieve more peace in my life. This therapist makes me feel good about myself in a very real way, she SEES the real me...

I will get rid of things that give me bad memories. They are not worth it. I already have a pair of scissors to cut them and throw them to the trash bin.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:45 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Skipped last Friday again. Seems I paid for it this week. Bad story for a different thread perhaps.

8/20/10 - It's Friday!
I'm almost done with this bathroom! Plumbing completed per my last note but this weekend it's tile time. I should be done and back in business minus some painting. Hopefully I'll be back to fishing or something funner than work projects.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:04 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by Shellcrusher View Post
Skipped last Friday again. Seems I paid for it this week. Bad story for a different thread perhaps.

8/20/10 - It's Friday!
I'm almost done with this bathroom! Plumbing completed per my last note but this weekend it's tile time. I should be done and back in business minus some painting. Hopefully I'll be back to fishing or something funner than work projects.
I've redone 2 houses, basically saved them from the wrecking ball, one was almost uninhabitable. Tiling was the most intimidating, I sat and looked at my prepped/ready kitchen counters for 6 weeks before jumping in. Piece of cake, and such a beautiful, enduring project, love the tiling now.

Gonna float the river today, then off to a "dog walking class" at the local pound, so we can volunteer for dog outings. My temporary solution to LMC's dogaholism. Actually HER idea.

Then the usual Alanon meetings, lunch out w/friends, pool time, workout, etc. for the weekend. Probably try and catch a movie Sunday.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:10 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Taking my kids to the Lake. We will ride our bicycles to Farmer's Market, and will make the Bundt cake that my 10 year old has been wanting to make. We will likely make s'mores by the bonfire one night too. My Mom's cousin is at the lake and it's been a long time since I've seen her. Looks wonderful for her age (she's in her 80's) so we will just chat by the pool and hang out...Can't wait, but would rather avoid the 400 mile round trip drive, but it's so worth it. Happy Friday everyone!
Old 08-20-2010, 12:50 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I'm taking the boys to the river tonight to picnic, explore, and make smores. MMM. I will try very hard not to eat all the hershey's while they are off exploring, lol. Tomorrow there is River Boat Days (arts in the park type thing) we go to each year and Sunday we'll wash up, rest up, and prepare for our first full week of school and school year daycare.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:52 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Great thread! I can relate to TGIF and going through the dreaded spell with my husband. I TGIF just to get to the end of the day and relax! Fridays got the name in my house as "All rules off day" meaning that no one had to do anything they didn't want to do. Mom didn't cook and watched tv - kids went to bed when tired (which was usually close to their normal bedtime) and current husband drank and passed out spending the night alone mostly. Now, I come home to me - I still don't cook - I have been sitting outside reading to enjoy the rest of the summer before it is gone. Occassionally a neighbor comes out too and we chat. All in all a quiet relaxing evening.

I know I am on line right now but it extends to my back yard.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:04 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

All in all a quiet relaxing evening.
And isn't that just lovely? It is for me.
Thank you Kassie.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:46 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

8/27/10 - I'm on time this Friday!
What's the plan? Go home and get some shut eye. I was getting a sleeve worked on yesterday and it worked me pretty hard. Other than that, I think we're going as a family unit to the market for some fresh fruit and veggies and hopefully a nice long walk together. Trying to do good things as a unit versus bad things as a soloist.