Notices

Stay Sober Weekender Thread until 6/1

Old 05-30-2015, 03:17 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Bus riders, wait up!!! And thanks for the lift.

Since all quality discussions lead to Matthew McConaughey, here's this:

Matthew McConaughey, 2015 Commencement Speech: University of Houston

Just a taste...
"So…let’s flip the script. Instead of creating outcomes that take FROM us, let’s create MORE outcomes that pay us BACK, fill us up, keep your fire lit, turn you ON, for the most amount of TIME in your future"
Old 05-30-2015, 03:46 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

The obvious Song choice below for LBrain...

In a moment of clear-headed Sobriety while at the Dog Park yesterday, I realized I don't want to deal with Dick D. Public in selling this House. Struck up a convo with a Gent wearing a Cap that said 'Germany', and we swapped numerous Int'l Travel Stories. As the Rain and Lightning moved in 45 minutes later - while our Dogs ran around - I found him to be the sort of Independent Agency Realtor I could do Business with. Serendipity 101, eh?

Well-intentioned Folks are really emotional in this Seller's Market, and I need someone to run interference for me to sort them out. And, ensure their Banks have OKed their Loans, etc.. Been there. Done that. Looking forward to skipping playing Realtor one more time. There can be a potential Mine Field in choosing our preferred Young Couple out of the fray of qualified Buyers. Say the 'wrong' thing, and it can inaccurately appear to be illegal Bias. Homie, here, don't play that, but I need a Legal, Arms-length Filter on a couple of House-related issues in order to keep an important Body Part out of the Wringer.

Drove home in the pouring Rain feeling good about the World, and getting my Life back over the next month. This way, I can continue to focus on getting some niggling House Repairs done, and swerve around any potential Stress-related Triggers. Not that there are any these days in my Life. The ~$25,000 Realtor Commission I'll be paying out is worth it. I figger that cost is about the same as some uber-high end Rehab Joint, which I skipped altogether when going Sober. So, I'll pay a Pro - in the form of a Realtor - to avoid Rehab. We all like the sound of our own Voices, and I increasingly liked the sound yesterday of this idea.

Keeping it simple. Whatta concept!

- 'Back In The USSR' - Sir Paul McCartney ~ Live
Old 05-30-2015, 04:06 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Happy Saturday Weekenders!

I spent nearly all day studying yesterday for the series 65 exam (Investment Adviser). Then I took a practice test. Not the result I was looking for. I will be studying all day today, too. Or, until I feel that my study is not productive. I might be reaching burnout.

The test is working my nerves. Questions like: what is the maximum penalty for providing intentionally misleading information to a client? Really? I have to know that to provide investment advice? I can't just know that it's illegal? You can just tell me what the penalty might be at my trial - which is never going to happen because I am not going to do it!

Ahh well, no sense fighting the exam - it is what it is.

Looks like a gorgeous day. Might go for a long walk. It's the only approved activity for me for another week (post-surgery). Should help clear my head.

Keep it safe and sober Friends!
Old 05-30-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
I am never leaving the Jersey Shore...I need to get rich quick and buy a beach cottage. Night all.
Yeah, I am getting that beach urge. Going to set up a weekend trip for us--good task for me today.
Old 05-30-2015, 05:19 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Good morning! Leaden skies here and very damp. Everything is sort of wilty. It's currently raining. Just the kind of day I'd drink away with a bottle or several of wine. But not today. Gymnastics class for daughter. Children already squabbling. Perfect day for laundry and assorted cleaning projects.

Brain, good to see you. I'm glad you made it safe and sound.

Weasel the buff. I admire your dedication to staying fit. It was fun sharing your vacation with you. Seems like it just started yesterday. I agree that routine has been my friend and ally in sobriety. Substituting good routine for the bad.

I don't think I'm still fully awake.
Old 05-30-2015, 05:24 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Will I ever be able to sleep late again? :-)
I wake up before 7 am every Saturday and Sunday. Definitely better than waking up at 11 hungover but is 8:30 too much to ask? LOL!
Old 05-30-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Good Morning Everyone!!! Feeling blessed with a clear head and a clean conscience. Thankful that the incessant nagging of the AV has been quiet and under control lately. Amazing what you can do on a Saturday morning without a hangover. Already worked out, wrote a letter i've been putting off and did a financial report for a charity i'm involved with and its not even 7:30am yet. Take care of all of my friends. Stay strong and hang tough.
Old 05-30-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

The road looks smooth today with blue sky's am staying on this fun bus today.
Old 05-30-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lily123 View Post
Nice job AllieKat=)

Mesa Man- Peanut butter and Sriracha? Two things I enjoy- I may have to experiment tomorrow...

Getting Smarter- my husband and cat snore. It makes me laugh pretty hard sometimes when they're both going. A pet pig?
I do have a pet pig. He's was supposed to be small but he's not. He's small compared to a farm pig. Can be a hand full but I love him. Loads of personality. (Don't get a pet pig unless you want a perpetual 2 yo)
Old 05-30-2015, 06:32 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

I want a pig....I am giving up Bacon in honor of your pig
Old 05-30-2015, 06:37 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hahn... Back from one of the best workouts I have had in many months. I just feel so happy to be Saturday!

Gonna sit and write for a bit. Then clean the house some more. Hot dogs on the grill today. A walk around the back cove... So I can kick Olives butt in steps!

And enjoy your company!

I love the fact you have a pig GS.... And I will not be giving up bacon in honor of it. Just saying....
Old 05-30-2015, 06:39 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Whaaat? Give up bacon?

Trying to find some energy to do anything. The weather. Feeling a little overwhelmed with the cacophony of stuff to do that is calling my attention. I think I need a list to work from. Being so scattered is so frustrating.
Old 05-30-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Off on a little overnight trip with the fantabulous Mrs B to visit my homettown. I hope everyone is having a good saturday so far!
Old 05-30-2015, 07:00 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Della l commend you on giving up bacon but if you can't my pig will understand. My crazy father gave him bacon once and I was told he loved it.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Good morning, weekenders.

At my wits end today. Fantasizing about divorce. It's weeks and days like these I wish I was single again. Tired of the uphill battle with him over stupid s$k@ that shouldn't be wasting my time. Just fed up. I give up today. I wish I could understand how a person WANTS to collect things that continue to pile up. If I had known this early on I still wouldn't have believed it would be a real problem, but it is. He will flip his lid if I get rid of his "stuff" but it is making me miserable.

On top of it, his buddy who NEVER calls to make plans called a couple hours before we are to arrive at another of our friend's for lunch... It is an inconvenience and I let him know it. He justifies his buddy of course, because he rarely comes over. I am so mad right now.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:24 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Potamus, I hear hoarding is as bad as drinking...addictive.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:32 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Yeah, guess it is, Trach. It's definitely a hard habit to break.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:39 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Another 24 for me and 36 or so for my wife. I'm so stoked for her. Rain day here. She's sleeping in with daughter. I'm piddlin'. Rain today and I'm ok with netflix again. Glad the madness of the last month+ is passing. Lotsa mess to clean but none being made today. For that I am grateful.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:42 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Whaaat? Give up bacon?

Trying to find some energy to do anything. The weather. Feeling a little overwhelmed with the cacophony of stuff to do that is calling my attention. I think I need a list to work from. Being so scattered is so frustrating.

Miss Ruby.... I gave up procrastination years ago. Why? Cuz it's the "cacophony" of little sounds that takes me down everytime. Do them now and I feel so much better later. Now... Go gettem!

I love that word! I forgot it until you so wonderfully reminded me!
Old 05-30-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Hang in ther soberP! We are here for you!

Anattaboy... Good attitude! Don't let the rain get ya down and good for working hard to get things together. Glad you are here with us.