View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 03:46 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  
MesaMan

The obvious Song choice below for LBrain...

In a moment of clear-headed Sobriety while at the Dog Park yesterday, I realized I don't want to deal with Dick D. Public in selling this House. Struck up a convo with a Gent wearing a Cap that said 'Germany', and we swapped numerous Int'l Travel Stories. As the Rain and Lightning moved in 45 minutes later - while our Dogs ran around - I found him to be the sort of Independent Agency Realtor I could do Business with. Serendipity 101, eh?

Well-intentioned Folks are really emotional in this Seller's Market, and I need someone to run interference for me to sort them out. And, ensure their Banks have OKed their Loans, etc.. Been there. Done that. Looking forward to skipping playing Realtor one more time. There can be a potential Mine Field in choosing our preferred Young Couple out of the fray of qualified Buyers. Say the 'wrong' thing, and it can inaccurately appear to be illegal Bias. Homie, here, don't play that, but I need a Legal, Arms-length Filter on a couple of House-related issues in order to keep an important Body Part out of the Wringer.

Drove home in the pouring Rain feeling good about the World, and getting my Life back over the next month. This way, I can continue to focus on getting some niggling House Repairs done, and swerve around any potential Stress-related Triggers. Not that there are any these days in my Life. The ~$25,000 Realtor Commission I'll be paying out is worth it. I figger that cost is about the same as some uber-high end Rehab Joint, which I skipped altogether when going Sober. So, I'll pay a Pro - in the form of a Realtor - to avoid Rehab. We all like the sound of our own Voices, and I increasingly liked the sound yesterday of this idea.

Keeping it simple. Whatta concept!

- 'Back In The USSR' - Sir Paul McCartney ~ Live