SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Stay Sober Weekender Thread until 6/1 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/368288-stay-sober-weekender-thread-until-6-1-a.html)

Weasel1966 05-28-2015 01:55 AM

Stay Sober Weekender Thread until 6/1

Hey weekenders! Lets stay sober this weekend shall we? How we gonna do it? Why together of course!!!!

:ring

Hop on the sober bus to ride for what seems to be a very loonnggg weekend for this guy.

We meet every weekend to show that living sober can be done with a balance of fun with our seriousness. That being sober does not mean the end but a beginning.

*Ring Ring*

“The first bell is the bell of mindfulness, calling to me and you.

It says stop what am i doing right now, take some breaths, feel my body, am I holding it tight and tense? Relax… calm down… life is a journey and not a destination, make the journey as glorious as possible.

The second bell is the freedom bell and I'm ringing it for you to let you know freedom from drink and drugs is available to you, come and hear us calling out to you.” ~ by our own Mecanix!!

Welcome to your weekend!!!

:bus:bus:bus:bus

Nonsensical 05-28-2015 02:02 AM

Shotgun!

ZaBoozer 05-28-2015 02:04 AM

Blast Non, Well I am in. ;)

mecanix 05-28-2015 02:07 AM

Good morning all :)

saoutchik 05-28-2015 02:19 AM

Bum! 3 people in front of me. Thought I stood a chance this morning.

Currently sitting in motorway device station at Newport Pagnell. £12.50 for a double expense and a sandwich:cries3:

Weasel1966 05-28-2015 02:45 AM

Well can I have permission to bring my vacation along on the weekends bus ride?

Did NOT do 30k steps yesterday... Did only 25.

Today will be an exercise of sitting still. I need to recognize when I am anxious and I think I don't do that well. Plus it's freaking vacation for Petes sake. :D

So I drove down and parked by the water. Windows down. Sea gulls squeaking. Birds chirping. Watched the sunrise.... That very one below....

Congrats non! You all should have guessed I would be early today.

http://i61.tinypic.com/egpyfb.jpg

Della1968 05-28-2015 03:14 AM

Beautiful!!! Morning all today is my Friday which is good because I swear 90% of my participants had a problem this week! I work in subsidized housing and one couldn't understand why her unit would fail inspection ( umm no roof ? )

GroundhogDay 05-28-2015 03:23 AM

Good morning all. Two more days of work for me. Need to make some weekend plans.

Thepatman 05-28-2015 03:59 AM

Reporting in

BernieE 05-28-2015 04:05 AM

Morning! Lovely pic, Weasel. Wish I were there. It's a lovely morning here, too, door is open to a riot of birdsong.

Something's going on with me this week, anxiety is up to a new level, work anxiety based on frustration and a feeling of futility. Couldn't get to sleep I was so wound up. Life is a journey...

Another cabin weekend but without guests or children. I plan to spend some time floating on the boat reading a novel.

OCDDan 05-28-2015 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 (Post 5393686)
tight and tense? Relax… calm down…

Hi Weas,
maybe a sweetish massage??? the school does them for thirty five bucks here.. enjoy your time off.

dan

ishallnotwant 05-28-2015 04:15 AM

Jumping on for the weekend! Yabadabadoo Mecanix!

Weasel1966 05-28-2015 04:31 AM

Great to see everyone!!!

BernieE... great way to break that anxiety up a bit. I have trouble sitting still.

Home now and plan on getting everything in order so I can relax knowing things are clean. I can be very OCD that way and having things done will help.

Patman and OCDDan... glad you will be joining us this weekend. Please jump in and share how you are doing.

Della Della Bobella...:D

Gilmer 05-28-2015 04:34 AM

I'm in!

Ruby2 05-28-2015 04:35 AM

Happy Thursday everyone. I'm in. I'm dealing with that phenomenon where the four days of work following a three day weekend seem to stretch forever.

Weas, what a lovely and peaceful view. A great way to start the day.

I'm trying to wake up. Eventually.

OCDDan 05-28-2015 04:53 AM

other than getting dwi number four, getting busted for calling in sick drunk and getting my friend pregnant by mistake, everything is spectacular, just got out of a hot bath, getting that massage after work, cutting the grass at my girlfiends house then visiting the therapist at seven tonight. (then friday will be here, yay!) count me in for the ride!

Weasel1966 05-28-2015 04:58 AM

OCD... thats a lot for sure. But sounds like you set the support up you need. Or will need.

Feel free to post as much as you need to here this weekend.

OCDDan 05-28-2015 05:02 AM

Thanks Weas, see ya in about twelve hrs..

saoutchik 05-28-2015 05:02 AM

What a busy boy you have been OCDDan.

Well done to you and Patman for checking in on the Weekender Tour

Olive1 05-28-2015 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by Ruby2 (Post 5393823)
I'm dealing with that phenomenon where the four days of work following a three day weekend seem to stretch forever.

Yes. Exactly. Here too. Very unsettling.
:)