Notices

Rejuvenate yourself! Weekender Thread Mar 27 until...

Old 03-27-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Old 03-27-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Trach I thought we were friends.

Pouncer I talked with my attorney Tues and found out I won't be able to get any kind of license for 2 years. I had a DWI 9 years ago and one in Jan so they are treating it as a felony. I will have 5 years probation and hefty fines. I work 30 miles from my home so it's tricky not driving. Not once have I thought things would improve if I had a drink. I could have killed someone or I could be sitting in jail. My glass is half full. We can get through so much more than we think we can sober.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi Pouncer,

One of the things about not drinking is that you feel stuff a lot more. I'm a common or garden salesman and since i've been sober i've come to re-learn or understand that my job is quite stressful and involves a lot of rejection and disappointment.

In the past I did what I expect a lot of people on this thread did, I reached for the bottle to make the bad feelings go away.

Except they don't really go away do they

Pouncer stay sober and use the situation to your advantage. Obviously I don't know the nature of your project but since things rarely run smoothly anywhere you can always remind people of it in future - the next time something doesn't go right

And on top of all that Mesa Man is your corner and ain't bad
Old 03-27-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Best i can do Pouncer:

Old 03-27-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Mesaman, the Ramones are gods!!!
Old 03-27-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Della,

That is really horrible. I have to say, that is worse than my day. I am so sorry and I hope you work out your transportation issues. Can you put a breathalyzer in your car so that it won't start if you are drunk?

Saoutchik,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am feeling emotions that I have stifled for most of my life. It is like having to grow up for the first time.

I cannot reach for the bottle. I have promised myself and most of all, my family. I cannot betray their trust. I promised.

One relapse could be the end of me. So, I guess I will have to go 'round and 'round every time I have a craving. Drinking...it just can't be done.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:02 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Pouncer go to the grief forum and reread the post about the people who lost a mother to alcohol I know you saw it and it touched you maybe now is a good time to see why you are quitting. I don't know how to copy and paste from my Kindle.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:42 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Petals, I hope your voice returns soon. I've had that happen. While it's annoying, it's also convenient if you don't feel like talking to someone. You can just clutch your throat and croak "I can't talk."

Pouncer, I've had a really rotten few weeks and there are a few times I've wanted to drink to make it go away. I've found myself looking at bottles of wine when I go buy cigarettes. I've thought about it and realized it wasn't that I wanted to drink. I don't want to experience the taste. I want my physical misery to match the mental pain. So I'm working to equalize them in some way. I'd rather elevate my mood than to be even lower. I don't know if that's what you're looking for. I don't even know if that makes sense. Ice cream always helps. I've started doing push ups at night.

Endgame, my mother always wanted me to make sure I had clean, intact underwear on. Now that I'm an adult, I've come to realize just how silly that is as if I'm laying on a stretcher in the hospital after suffering some horrible accident im sure the state of my underwear will be the last of my concerns. Nor will the staff cringe in horror at the fact that the elastic is coming out.

I have to read to my son. Later!
Old 03-27-2015, 07:49 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
Trach I thought we were friends.
Della-psst....Trach is a clown in disguise...he's on their team.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:07 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Pouncer ~

Homey D. Clown was introduced up Thread. 'In Living Color' was one funny '80s Show! Loved it.

Watch a few of these to put Yo Funk In Da Trunk. It's in even on glitch_y Videotape, which adds to the charm.

Homey D. Clown ~ 'In Living Color'
-
Old 03-27-2015, 08:28 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

This is for Saoutchik. If your daughter ran into this balloon, named balloony, I'd be scared too. This is from an episode of the cartoon Phineas and Ferb, which I think is wonderfully funny.

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
Old 03-27-2015, 08:35 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Loved In Living Color. Such a talented family. I can still remember the theme and the Fly Girls.

Strat that turtle is freaking adorable. I have finally found a clown I like!
Old 03-27-2015, 08:41 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Della, I can remember that JLo was a fly girl. That was a while back.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:49 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Ya think? I think it just hit me how old I am.

My mom was the same about underwear..Good forbid I was dying in not pristine undergarments...prolly why I rebelled and gave up on them..don't have to worry about what the Dr's will think of them if they aren't there.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:18 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
Pouncer go to the grief forum and reread the post about the people who lost a mother to alcohol I know you saw it and it touched you maybe now is a good time to see why you are quitting. I don't know how to copy and paste from my Kindle.
Della,

I did that again, it helped. My mom called right after to deal with my late grandfather's estate.

My mom has two sisters. Her older sister (Aunt K.) suddenly died of heart failure 10 years ago when she was 52. One night she went to get a glass of water, then fell suddenly on her bathroom tile and died. It left my cousins without their mother to share important milestones as adults. My cousins have had long-standing addiction issues and are not doing very well at the moment.

I always looked up to Aunt K. I thought she had it together. She was thoughtful, her house was always welcoming. I never knew she was an alcohol addict. I just found out. She had spinal surgery and was also on medication and essentially died from alcohol-induced heart failure.

My mom's other sister (Aunt M.) was living at my grandfather's house when he died. She too died suddenly of heart failure just two month ago. She went into her room and locked the door. When the pest control guy came, my cousin went to get his mother. Her door was locked and the pest control guy ended up breaking down the door. She had been dead for two hours. She left a disabled son who depended on her. They also ran toxicology tests and she also had a drug and alcohol addiction. We thought she was in recovery, but she hid it well. Aunt M. also died of drug/alcohol induced heart failure. I just found out about the toxicology results.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:22 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
Court jester

Because it's Friday night and I'm sober.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:50 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Strategy, love the pic of cat taking a bath in aquarium and the pic for our favorite turtle :-)
Old 03-27-2015, 11:50 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

I always imagine the person who has upset me pouring me that first drink.
Stops me cold.

Keep tracking team .. This is better than being wasted.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:42 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

High Five Bmac as a under 100 poster K and i try to look out for you guys and try and make a point of saying hello ,

Behan , friday night excitement ? hmm good to back away slowly from that edge , no need to push yourself . the groceries will be there this morning , i hope you made it through

Bored but sober K ? hmmm what plan can you put into action to change the weekend into something more exciting ,i like painting i'd recommend an art class .

Pouncer , i came home to find my mum lying in bed complaining of chest pains , i packed some clothes and we drove up to A&E … seeing my little old mum sat round in that hospital was the most humbling experience i've had , the biggest trip into powerlessness . I was 3 months sober and eternally grateful i was so i could be there for her .

Trees i'm glad you've rediscovered tiredness

lovesunrises , so glad you're on number 9 what was the best thing the thread did for you can we apply that for other newly sober people ?

hi lilac glad you're back with us on the sunny side of the street
Old 03-28-2015, 12:46 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Saturday morning coffee is going to happen any moment NOW ..

Who's going to join me for a new sober day today ? we got everything to gain and nothing to loose by being sober

A bit of Gerry R with a recovery song for the morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXW-sL5gzHQ