Notices

Rejuvenate yourself! Weekender Thread Mar 27 until...

Old 03-27-2015, 04:33 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

I love love love Bar Harbour and York Beach in Maine.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:37 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Checking in. Watched U of A eke out a win against Xavier. Wasn't quite as intense as the UNC Wisc game BigS alluded to, but it was still a nail biter. Looks like traffic is all sorts of messed up here today, so I am trying to figure out a route in.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:57 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Checking in. Back to day 1. Gave in to drinking during a move to a new state (from Colorado to Utah. at least i still have mountains)

Looking forward to a sober weekend. This thread has been tremendously helpful in the past!
Old 03-27-2015, 06:18 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!
I'm in for my 2nd wkend!
Lilac, glad to have you here!
Old 03-27-2015, 06:27 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Hi lizella! Welcome! 2 months is fantastic-
Old 03-27-2015, 06:29 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Do your best

Happy friday afternoon
Old 03-27-2015, 06:32 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Good morning all - Lilac, we are happy to have you and welcome! Weekends can be tough and that's why we have this thread! Stick close, there's a lot of activity and support here.

I had an unpleasant start to my "morning". At about 3.00am I was awoken by my intercom buzzing. This means someone out on the street is ringing my doorbell. Clearly, I know nobody who would be doing this and I assume it's some kids playing a prank or a drunkard who has the wrong house. After a few minutes of constant buzzing, I got out of bed and went downstairs. Angry. I got on the intercom to communicate with whomever was outside the gate. In Spanish, I said a few choice words. A mumbled and drunken voice apologized and I hung up.

As I start to drift back to sleep at 3.30, the intercom rings again. I wait for a few minutes. Then it starts AGAIN, constantly. I get up, walk downstairs, and get on the speaker one more time. To be certain it's not a neighbor in distress or a friend of someone in this complex, I ask for the name of the person they are trying to reach. They simply respond with an apartment number. I know everyone here, so I ask again for a specific NAME. More drunken mumbling. This time, I said that if this happens one more time that I will come out with a baseball bat.

I hate making threats like that (especially since I don't have a baseball bat) but it seemed to get the job done. My buzzer did not ring again. That said, the damage has been done and I'm a bit tired this morning and grouchy. Damn drunks.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about that, BigSombrero. I would be livid if that happened to me and I'm glad the person finally left you alone. That was good thinking on your part telling them you had a baseball bat. Maybe you can get a quick nap in this afternoon if you get tired?
Old 03-27-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

lilac! hunker down for the weekend. make this one count as the last first one sober.
Good to you again pouncer! Congrats on 2 months Lizella! Kz is in the house for weekend #2.

wow, use guys were busy last night, I could have been to the gym and back already but decided to read every post. woke up at 7A, got up at 8.30. nudge-nudge, wink-wink.

Congrats on getting your kindle back nons.

All you clown haters – I almost posted an insane clown posse video last night, but I didn’t want you all jumping out of windows…

Strat I was looking at your recipe, then I was wondering, which side of bacon is the shiny side, it looks the same to me.

cotton balls, chalk boards and basketball games – oh my!
Okay try this. Ever get those wooden ‘spoons’ that come with Dixie cups? Flatten out the paper wrapper and pull it between your teeth. That should send you. Or just flatten the paper straws come in and try it And if you have metallic fillings in your head, try chewing on crumbled up aluminum foil. Just here to help.

good to see you back Trach - hope you're feeling better.

sorry Olives, sometimes you have to face your fears...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
bridges.jpg (13.6 KB, 49 views)
Old 03-27-2015, 06:41 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

150 posts already!

Old 03-27-2015, 07:02 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

here's one for Big Sombrero!
Happy Friday Everyone! It's spring, basketball tournament going on, baseball is just starting, and there are a dozen robins hanging around my yard.

I know it's not cricket, but happy spring to you on the other side of the pond too.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:15 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Hey ~

A Baseball Bat seems like a moderate 'disincentive' to this Wild West Guy. Here's how they handle Disputes in Grand Rapids MI. You can screw with some Folk's Bacon. However, it's not advised. Mebbe it was just a case of misplaced anger over what her Salon did to her Hair.

Woman Shoots Up McDonalds That Left Bacon Off Her Burger

-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Krusty & Gun.jpg (14.7 KB, 47 views)
Old 03-27-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

I was in a Burger King many years ago and the guy ahead of me was yelling - loudly - at the counter person because his burger was "wrong." I tend to get in other peoples' business way too often, and when he said, "It's not rocket science," to the employee, I said, "Yeah, it's a 99cent lunch." Probably not my finest moment. People overreact to cheap food. I guess years of working in the restaurant biz gave me a little sensitivity to the workers?

I was at the zoo and in line for ice cream in the food court. The guy ahead of me got mad about them being out of a flavor and he would not stop ranting. Swear words and everything. There were probably 8-10 people waiting behind him - and a room full of families eating. I tend to get in other peoples' business way too often, and I said, "It's not that big a deal." Then he went off on me, calling me a nosey b!tch etc.

Yeah. I'm gonna get shot in some Taco Bell because the salsa isn't spicy enough.

DO NOT play Judy Collins at my wake. Please and thank you.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Oh my! All sorts of shenanigans! Jerri, I loved your comment. "I leave you kids for a second and all heck breaks loose."

Pouncer, way to go. Hi kzaug!

Twal, I'd love to take the kids to north Conway but it will be a driving trip tho I have made the drive to New Hampshire straight through in the past. My first husband is from Berlin, NH and I've spent a lot of time in the area. It's beautiful up there. Been over 20 years since I've been.

Well BigS, I'll lend you a baseball bat. I'm in complete empathy with you. Nr. Ruby called me at 2:30 a.m. to come get him. He was too drunk to drive. I'm glad he didn't drive but really, this is enough. Time to seriously make alternate plans.

I gotta go. I did get my errant husband in the snow. Disgusting because he'd been sick. Could barely walk and was semi coherent. But I'm tired. This is messing with my sobriety but I ate a chocolate donut and feel better.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Lol Bimimi that story it's classic!

Ok Brain literally gagged over the aluminum foil.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:56 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

What US company produced the first canned ham in 1928? Smart quiz question this morning on the radio. I threw up my hand, figuratively, and yelled Hormel. The tenth caller did not have the correct answer but I did. Thanks to our prior SPAM discussions.

Lilac, welcome to the weekenders. We are fun and move fast. Don't be put off by that. It's a great bunch of ultra supportive and slightly loony people.

Weasel, Send in the Clowns at your mother's funeral.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:05 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

This did not post before.... Kills me every time!

Old 03-27-2015, 09:09 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Hi Della, Strat, Happy, SoberW, BigS, Twal, Brain, Mesaman, BiminiB last, but never least, Ruby!
And to those on previous pgs., a big hello!
Great thread! I love to laugh ( food for the soul! )
I'm feelin particularly perky this morn., as this is the 1st b-day I've celebrated drug free in 10yrs.! N, if ya count the prior 15yrs. of on & off again drinkin....who knows lol!
Happy Fri.!!!
Old 03-27-2015, 09:18 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

BigS, lack of sleep drives me absolutely batty! I'd take a nap!

Mesaman, what a lunatic! N happened far too close to home for comfort!

Ruby, so sorry to hear bout Mr.Ruby!
Old 03-27-2015, 09:21 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday!!!!!!! I hope it is your best year ever.