Notices

Rejuvenate yourself! Weekender Thread Mar 27 until...

Old 03-29-2015, 07:25 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Littlebear, post away! Glad you're back on the bus and 42 days. That's great. Posts can be as much or as little as you wish to say. Just like Mec said.

Mec, sounds great to live by the beach. I hope your talk with the company goes well tomorrow.

My dad should copyright his stuff. He has one copyright for a photo he took for encyclopaedia Britannica. He's had an interesting career track. I have thought go prod him to get his stuff out there.

Bernie, the dog ate my homework excuse? And suffered an allergic reaction to it? I suppose it could happen. I'm betting it's bliss to have the kitchen almost done. I remember when I had my stove finally working afterwards. Bit of gratitude never to take it for granted again. Like the kitchen sink.

Well, plans had included church and then Chinatown for my brother's birthday but no one seems to be moving to get ready for church. Son woke me up at 5 a.m. crying, he had a wretched earache. He's in bed with a heating pad and says he feels better. Daughter started crying over some thing and then started crying harder asking "why does NY nose always bleed when I cry?" She didn't like my suggestion to stop crying. I got out of bed to find a trail of cotton swabs from son trying to clean his ears and blood droplets. I'm glad I'm sober and can deal with it. Otherwise I think I'd be in bedlam.

Strat, I'm glad it was only a dream. Good look on studying!

I want bisquits and honey.

Non, your description of the gum smacking jerk made me laugh. One of those "you owe me" people. Thank him profusely for allowing you the very great pleasure of doing his taxes.

Time to see what's up around here
Old 03-29-2015, 07:38 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  
Court jester

I still have my Christmas tree up. I'm thinking if I just let it go, it's one less thing I'll have to do over Thanksgiving break.

I'll just keep changing the name. It was a Christmas tree, then a President's day tree, then a Martin Luther King Jr. tree, than a Valentine's day tree, then a St. Paddy's tree, now it's an Easter tree. This could work! This could really work!
Old 03-29-2015, 07:41 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  
Court jester

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post

It looks like Russia is a go. She wants to go to Crimea
Is there a river in Crimea? That would make perfect sense.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Mec, those bikes with the big tires? Apparently (according to some 16 year old boys I know) they're really difficult to ride - as in, you'd better do your leg work and cardio for a while before going. I talked to them right after a one mile ride though, so maybe they were just being whiney. LB, yes, those bikes.

Mesa, I have cell ISP, too. Sometimes the internet is slow, and YouTube is always slow, but my little ROKU works always. I think it somehow loads the entire video quickly. I dunno, but it rarely buffers - like my brand new hp does.

Non, if I were that 60 year old woman I'd be mortified. Then I'd be pissed at you and probably give you a piece of my mind. Then in quiet moments, I'd think about it and it would be one more push in the right direction. But, danger Will Robinson

Welcome to our corner of the interwebz, George. That was my father's name. I like you already. You're a runner! Great way to stay sober.

Strat, you've got this on the studying thing. One thing at a time. You're smart and you are going to do well. A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. That's all you can do
Old 03-29-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

christmas tree still up ! in my worse drunk days when cleaning didn't get done much i just moved mine into my spare room 10 months of the year or covered with a sheet and put in the corner of the shed with all it's decorations still on

Yer you found the kinda bikes LB , they look pretty cool , good for snow , sand and loose stuff …
i can see myself going along the sand on one of em, doesn't give off a racing vibe either which i kinda like , more business like but still fun ..

m
Old 03-29-2015, 07:50 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Smile

Well guys, the biscuits were great (the things I find myself saying in sobriety never cease to amaze me!) I never considered myself the cooking type. We had peach and blueberry preserves and honey to put in those warm bs quits too. We also had BACON and eggs and grits of course....I am a southern guy. The house guests said it was so good they may never want to leave. So breakfast for tomorrow is stale fruit loops and sour milk.

I hope y'all are having a nice Sunday.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:51 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

firm legs, buns and cardio sounds just the ticket Bimini, i have no particular place to go on a bike and i don't like going fast, i feel a nit on and exercise bike that doesn't go anywhere so maybe it'll be a good trade off between the two

LoL , m
Old 03-29-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

m, they're probably geared like the low end on a mountain bike, you have to peddle around 10 times for the wheels to go around once! ouch! I may be exaggerating tho. I know I need to get a hybrid cause my mountain bike needs to be in 10th gear to ride on the streets at coasting speed- oh my. and yes, I need to get the bike out too. Lazy winter last summer.

Getting and staying sober was distracting. Now it's time to start cashing in on it.
And by that I mean picking up newer interests or dusting off the old ones. To think my bike is over 15 years old and is still like new is a crime. At least my fishing rods get used a lot.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:11 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Going to see my friend in a half hour. Read my cards. Com'on money money money! Eff love. Money!

I think I am going to make my absolute favorite lemon poppy muffins. They come out so light and tasty!!!

Talk later.

Glad to see everyone doing well.

If we hit 500 by the time I get back someone yell to a mod to flip this bus!!!
Old 03-29-2015, 08:13 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

LB. wut?

Lazy winter last summer.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:18 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I totally get the "lazy winter last summer" remark. I treated last summer like a winter, also. In other words, not much gets done outside during the winter. Exercise, yard work, fun with kids playing games, etc. toooo busy drinking or planning to get much done last summer. This summer will be different. It's not quite warm enough where I am yet to do much outside, but I'm doing stuff already anyway.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:27 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

last summer I did the bare minimum - but yes, I laughed at myself when I saw that, decided to not correct it for the chuckle...

b-ball coming on soon, I wish it would get warm outside...
Old 03-29-2015, 08:32 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

At this point I'm rooting for whatever team will help my brackets score better. I'm in the middle of the pack among the group I gamble with. But lots can still change. Oh and Wisconsin, of course.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:08 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Tee hee Bmac (good song too)

Scotland and both Ireland have football internationals today do good luck TomTom, Purple & Behan

LB I can't see the Rouble recovering in the short term but at least your dollars will go a long way

Hope you get to Chinatown Ruby

Weather keeps changing here every half hour.

I have been welding the subframe of my old Lancia - three old guys have spent all day watching me while they drink beer and smoke roll ups. Proper old school I guess but some of their opinions are borderline medieval
Old 03-29-2015, 09:27 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Oh - I finished "Bloodline" last night. It is a Netflix original series, Sony produced.

It was good. Just long enough at 13 episodes. I can't see how there would be a season two, though.

****(four star) would recommend. Especially if you are in the cold NE U.S. - it's set in the Florida keys. As previously stated, lots of drinking and drug scenes - if that sort of stuff bothers you.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

It's is ice-raining here in WI. I don't feel like doing much. Went shopping this morning right before the bad weather started. The power steering of my old car is making a terrible noise and I have to see what the $damage$ is going to be. Watching tv...Columbo Marathon to take my mind off of it. They say when it rains it pours...I am praying it pours good news and my car will soon be drivable again. Til then it feels good not to have to go anywhere. I am very content being here with you all. Not stressing about something I have no contol of. Isn't sobriety grand!!! ♡ the way my mind is calm, cool and collected.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

well, I've been busy behind the scenes...

Crimea is right out. I told her. Still a lot of tension there and my papers might be questioned, the whole stupid registration thing... russia is a trip ( a diiferent place). still very much like the days of old in some aspects... not for the faint of heart for sure unless you stay in the big 'tourist' locations. Otherwise it is a completely different country than you see on tv or read about.
And yes, they like to drink. If you have seen the last of 'House of Cards' when they are "toasting" everything. It really is like that. Fortunately we don't drink.

oh yeah saoutchik - ruble is half what is was five years ago... it's probably gonna be another ten years if it ever comes back at all... I doubt I'll outlive pudding head, so sell now I say...
Old 03-29-2015, 09:56 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Woah! So much to catch up on.

Non, I agree that you should let it go. I wonder how many people (pizza delivery guy or FedEx guy) smelled alcohol on me during the day. I was always well aware that I might have smelled, so I constantly rinsed with mouthwash.

Dog with an allergic reaction? That is so good that is bad and not believable. He gave himself away by saying he would be absent, not late. Usually, you drop your dog off for the day at the vet's office because people have to work!

God that post really got to me because I made so many lame excuses. Nobody believed me and I knew it. One time I said my grandfather died when he was actually alive in the hospital. I didn't even have plans to visit. These were people who I saw only during the school year. When he became terminally ill a month and a half later in the summer, I drove four hours one way to visit him for several weeks. I woke up early in the morning, sober. And drove home sober on the same day. I had to stay sober during that time and it was okay.

The sick thing is that I was a bit relieved that I could say he died and post a pic of him when he was younger on Facebook. At his service, my aunt and my cousin were drinking at the bar like guppies. It was 11 AM. My aunt died six months later from alcohol-induced heart failure.

I am so glad to be done with lying.

I hope your children feel better, Ruby. It is great to be capable of taking care of your children. That has been the best part for me. I played Barbies for two hours with my daughter yesterday and it was great.

Happy sober Sunday, everyone. Today is the first day I have woken up feeling happy to be sober.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:13 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
It's is ice-raining here in WI. I don't feel like doing much. .
Just left Southern Wisconsin.....freezing, wet and awful. Thinking about how cold I was....when out of nowhere 2 wild turkey's stepped out and were walking calmly into my car's path, and I was going 60 mph! Hit the horn and the closest one flew up and the other turned around and started walking in the other direction....Whee that was close....
But what beautiful birds! Maybe a bit dumb....but beautiful! Sure didn't want to hit those!
Old 03-29-2015, 10:20 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

weasel, anyone who has ever said money can't buy love never had real money...
go money -

Game on in one hour...