Notices

Rejuvenate yourself! Weekender Thread Mar 27 until...

Old 03-28-2015, 01:40 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone especially you Mec as you are probably the only other person awake.

Just jogged to Three Mill Island and back via Olympic Park. Not going to eat mega calorie English breakfasts this weekend. Muesli with banana plus coffee
Old 03-28-2015, 01:40 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

gym!!!
Old 03-28-2015, 02:13 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Morning all. Right that's it. I'm forcing myself to go to the gym!

B
Old 03-28-2015, 02:36 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning Behan

Weasel - you're up already, that is impressive sir - I salute you
Old 03-28-2015, 02:53 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I want English Breakfast.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:03 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Lumme! Some early risers here. Morning Trachemys.

Daylight Savings for us in the British Isles this weekend.
Don't like missing an hours sleep but I certainly enjoy the extra hour of daylight in the evening. I don't see why we can't stay on BST all year round
Old 03-28-2015, 03:07 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

I got a lot of homework done yesterday. It's a good thing! I have to study vocabulary words and a crapload of crazy verb conjugations by Monday night. I've had to get my husband to block SR from the house so I won't be distracted (I'm posting from McDonalds right now--2 hours of free WiFi).

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, KZAUG!

Old 03-28-2015, 03:22 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sounds tough Gilmer - I hope it doesn't take too long. I'm guessing that you are an English teacher. You are very diligent to be working at this time. It's still only 10:20 am here.

Trachemys - the radio show I listen to on Sat mornings is being broadcast from Claxton in Georgia this morning. Who knew that the world has a fruitcake capital
Old 03-28-2015, 03:35 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Ha! Every Christmas they sell Claxton fruitcakes in the supermarkets here!

I am not an English teacher, Saoutchik. I am in seminary (for personal enrichment) and am working toward my masters in biblical studies. Right now I'm taking Hebrew interpretation, which means I'm actually scraping through reading biblical Hebrew at this point. It has been months of grueling work trying to learn the rules of Hebrew (it still is a lot of grueling work!), but now I am finally beginning to see a payoff. They say Hebrew is one of the toughest languages to learn--and they're right!
Old 03-28-2015, 03:36 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Back from gym.... So this new effort toward fitness... My fabulous at fifty efforts... Well I got runners knee. Go figure. From running even! Doc said yesterday that my gluteus maximus, while remaining aesthetically pleasing, is weak. The longer I have been running, the more tired in become, the more inward or outward my knee moves from center and causes internal rubbing which in turn causes pain. A few daily PT exercises and I should be back up and functioning in no time. Ok… I lied. He did not say the aesthetically pleasing part. I did. Well others have. Oh… Never mind…. My point is I feel great and can keep on chugging. Chugging is probably not a good word to use on a drinking site. My bad.

Soz a little knee rejuvenation this morning. Now how to fill a sober Saturday?

Side note…. My cats are effing with me. I know it. At first I wasn't sure. Got the new couch and they have assigned beds. Henry on the left and Chuckie on the right. Put down new cozy beds and now Chuckie is on the left and Henry is on the right. I adjusted. Go in the cat room and Henry is eating out of Chuckies bowl and vice versa. Now I am sure. Three can play at this game.

K
Old 03-28-2015, 03:37 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Saturday morning roll call!!!

Folks new, maybe less than 100 posts, or if your AV is calling, speak up. Say a simple hello. Are you ok this morning?

How will you face a Saturday sober? How will you handle being sober at drunk time?

Lots of combined sober time here to help you along!

Ken! Here! Sober!
Old 03-28-2015, 03:38 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

well Pouncer, sorry to hear about your Aunts and past experiences. You can change how that history turns out in the family by becoming one who does not succumb to the ills of alcohol. You can do this.

OK, I'm with weasel this morning. I told the missus last night if I'm not home when she gets here I'mat the gym - they open at 7. Time to get get ready. Bfast after gym
Old 03-28-2015, 03:39 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Here!!! Lol about the cats!
Old 03-28-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Gym done! First time I ever went on a Saturday morning! It not only helps with my physical health, but also helps burn off stress feelings and my crazy catastrophic thoughts that I used to silence with alcohol.

Thanks for reminder about about British summer time Saoutchik! I cant wait for the grand stretch in the evenings.

Lol Ken. I'm sure your knees are fabulous: they used to have beautiful knee competitions in UK seaside resorts.

I hope you enjoy the gym LBrain.

Gilmer, that sounds like a fascinating masters! And learning Hebrew! Very impressive!

I mean to continue this day as I started: keep active.

B
Old 03-28-2015, 05:15 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Good morning eveyone! Well its a wonderful Saturday morning but I woke up at 5am....don't ask me why, since I'd rather be sleeping in. I plan to be at the store at 730 when they open to get ingredients for crockpot chili con carne. Craving it. That's unless I go back to sleep. I have no plans for today until tonight. ..
Weasel, I've got a knee injury also. ..it's a drag and I'm trying to ignore it cause I dread medical bills. ..it have a high deductible. But it doesn't fit in with my life style which includes long daily walks. Hopefully it will resolve itself.
Ok...gonna read or something. I'll see you all later.
I hope everyone has a glorious Saturday!
Old 03-28-2015, 05:35 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! I'm playing golf today with my father, his neighbor, and my cousin. My cousin always brings beer with him and it's not a big deal because I don't like drinking while playing golf. It's afterwards that scares the heck out of me! We always go out to eat and my cousin and myself get wasted. I would then go home and even get more annihilated usually until I passed out.

I'm just thinking this through before I go. I'm probably just going to play golf and then go home. It's too much for me right now to go in a restaurant/bar atmosphere. I don't want to get caught in the old cycle of drinking every single day. Well, have a great sober Saturday!
Old 03-28-2015, 05:39 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
Loved In Living Color. Such a talented family. I can still remember the theme and the Fly Girls.

Strat that turtle is freaking adorable. I have finally found a clown I like!
Haha...yes! I forgot about the Fly Girls on the show. Wasn't Jennifer Lopez a Fly Girl?
Old 03-28-2015, 05:45 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

I am in for the first time ever!!!
Old 03-28-2015, 05:46 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Good plan Twal. I still avoid some social settings I know eventually I will be fine with any of it just not right yet.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:49 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Hi Lilly! Hop onboard!