Notices

Rejuvenate yourself! Weekender Thread Mar 27 until...

Old 03-27-2015, 01:51 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

I used to watch Smallville, but never finished series. Apparently, a batman prequel was pitched to studio execs first, but they went with Smallville instead.

I must confess, my favourite escapist tv show has been the Buffy Angel universe. Seen every single episode.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:31 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

I'm in the office but leaving soon. Thank you everyone! I'm hanging in there but monstrously tired today.

Happy Birthday Kzaug! Sober birthdays are the best! You don't wake up the next morning feeling even older than you just turned!

BigS, I'd say a lot of hand washing, clean off things you don't think to clean off. Faucets, door knobs, tv remote, telephone, computer key pad. Don't share cutlery, cups, bowls or plates. I hope your girlfriend feels better soon. Flu is not fun.

Behan, I loved Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the movie and the series. Never watched too much of Angel.

I read that David Duchovney and Gillian Anderson are signed on to do a limited XFiles multi episode tv program. Don't know any more than that.

And if you are posting Homey the Clown? The funeral and clown story brought to mind the Mary Tyler Moore Show episode - Chuckles Bites the Dust where Chuckles the Clown, dressed as character Peter Peanut, is killed when a rogue elephant attempts to "shell" him during a parade. From his eulogy "And what did Chuckles ask in return? Not much. In his own words, 'A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.'"

I'm heading out of the office and towards home. I am picking up Mr. Ruby's paycheck from his employer then heading home. There will be 500 posts by the time I get there as it is Friday traffic. I think we will break 500 on Sunday. My head is spinning at the rapid fire nature of posting. Hard to keep up but I"m going to do my darndest. This thread and everyone here? LIFESAVERS!
Old 03-27-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

What??? Who could be afraid of a clown?

Old 03-27-2015, 03:03 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

You lot and you 500 posts , LoL .

As long as we help new people through the difficult weekends and support each other, rally ourselves through , sometimes just touching base and saying hello , describing what a sober weekend looks and feels like then i don't care if the thread has 20 or 2000 posts .

Hope people are getting through friday evening in the uk ok ? i always found some relief at 11pm when our local shop shut .

Good evening , m
Old 03-27-2015, 03:04 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Happy birthday kz.
aw ruby you are amazing.... glad you had the donut.
well i'm ill again... currently lost my voice ..... which has caused so much laughter to everyone i meet!.... work 'mates', take away people(the delivery driver whispered back to me when i said thank you!), well i can't begin to tell you how much laughter i have caused ....even to tele sales people!
bye for now.xx
Old 03-27-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  
Do your best

I love gotham & agents of shield i used to collect comic books occasionally still do

Loved guardians of the galaxy cant wait for age of ultron, captain america 3 & Thor 3

And ultimately the infinity war part 1&2 itl be a few years but i cant wait
Old 03-27-2015, 03:22 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Checking in. Another busy day and got in without too much of an issue. SR chat meeting tonight.

Speaking of germs, there were people hacking and coughing around me everywhere today. I sometimes wonder what is going through people's head coming in when they are super sick and can't even talk. I am taking emergen-C and trying to stay away as far as I can from sick people. I hope you stay healthy taking care of your gf BigS.

Bim's story reminded me of an experience that I had maybe two weeks ago at subway. Some guy had an absolute meltdown since he had to repeat his order more than once. I was rather stunned watching a person melt down over having to repeat an order for a sandwich.

Lilac-it's good to see you!

Lbrain-maybe you can flip a coin to decide which side is shiny or maybe shine a flashlight and then choose.

Ruby-I am glad you ate a donut. Keep hanging in there. 500 posts? That would be a record if we managed that today.

Kzaug-happy birthday! I hope it's a wonderful b-day!!
Old 03-27-2015, 03:27 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi everyone,

Something unusual has happened here - I've just watched an England football international completely sober! Friday night too.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Hi Ruby, nice to see ya today!
Thx Trach! I'll be having nightmares today lol!
Hope ya have a night, M!
Petals, isn't laughter great for the soul?
Ty for bday wishes!
So I said to the hubby "I better watch out w/the amount of junk food I've been eating because I didn't wantfood to become my new addiction."
Hubby replies back "Yea, wish ya would make s_x ur new addiction!"
Glad to see he still has his sense of humor! Lol!
Old 03-27-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Well done Saoutchik! I know watching sport and drinking can be inextricable. The more you do that, the more you loosen the association. I have yet to watch a game with friends sober.

Mex, I went out to shop earlier for groceries, panicked, and came straight home! I felt that Friday night excitement.

Soberwolf: I remember the original Marvel secret wars comic series! Mrs B bought me a Batman comic circa Oct 1986 for my last birthday, with a forward by Stephen King! I love the artwork!

B
Old 03-27-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Even I had a case of the fridays. Went to see Tommy. He is doing well. He was super dehydrated and need fluids. They put him in detox for three days and he is still to weak to leave. So no coffee this weekend. But he is his typical odd ball funny self.

Time to lay in bed and watch tv for a while. Really bored!!! But sober!
Old 03-27-2015, 04:41 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post

sorry Olives, sometimes you have to face your fears...

Old 03-27-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

I am in need of support. I had a terrible, terrible day. I found out a project that I have been working on for months is likely to not be approved. This has been pro bono work.

I had some terrible emails and a shouting match with another person whom I am working on the project. Every moment of the day was stressful.

I am so stressed and I really feel like drinking. Bad.

I don't want to hear the standard "You'll make it worse if you drink..." If you could, please tell me about a s**tty day you have had while you were getting sober. Anything: funny, interesting, sad. I just want to get out of my head and know that I can get through this without drinking.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:49 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

a song of inspiration,

like that funky guitar too...

Old 03-27-2015, 04:49 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Thanks Behan

Your guys have much tougher opposition on Sunday
good luck
Old 03-27-2015, 04:53 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

pouncer: At about 90 days sober for me I find out I am OFFICIALLY FIRED from my job.

It made my resolve to stay sober even stronger. In the old days it was, "I'll show them and get drunk." Now it's, "I'll show them and stay sober!"
Old 03-27-2015, 05:08 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
In the old days it was, "I'll show them and get drunk." Now it's, "I'll show them and stay sober!"

I had both of those thoughts going on in my head today. Then I realized that an argument with a particular person was not worth blowing my sobriety over.

I still am thinking, "I really want a drink. Everything would be okay in 10 minutes if I had a drink(s). I cannot get through this if I don't drink." I am also thinking if I can get through this sober, than I can get through pretty much most situations sober.

Thanks for sharing your experience, Brain.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:22 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

You came here for support, Pouncer. You got this!

Last night, I had a surprise visitor. The man who introduced my husband & I to H ( & the only other person we used w/. ) Hadnt seen him since last summer because he's been in jail. So, he came over to celebrate w/his new drug of choice, meth. Got rid of him fast!!!
Old 03-27-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

This guy didn't have a good day either Pouncer. Hope it cheers you up a bit.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:54 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Meth? In my Wife's Home State of Michigan? Say it ain't so, Joe...

I can't say that my Polish ILs back there caused me to drink. But, they were a mighty convenient excuse back then. Especially come time to clear out their 1950s Bungalow of The World O'Crappe they'd accumulated. I'm surprised the Attic Rafters held. We filled 2 - 24' Roll-Off Dumpsters with Crappe, and that's with MISTER A-R, here, flattening and packing everything to minimize 'dead Air' in the Dumpster loads.

We did find >$20k in Cash and Bonds hidden in the strangest places, however, so that offset all the weirdness. Taped to the bottom of Dresser Drawers. $100s in old Utility Bill Envelopes. Busted A all day. Drank heavily at night while I looked up old Insurance Companies on my Laptop, and took copious Notes on all the Mystery Family Files we found. Couldn't/wouldn't do things this way again, but that was then...

Gave away mounds of stuff to Battered Women Shelters, and Senior Centers. Cleaned the Joint. Prepped it ourselves. Researched Comparables on the Market at night via Laptop. Sold it myself to a Couple walking by who saw my Homeboy 'For Sale' Sign. All this in 2 weeks, as forecast.

To this day, this is our Theme Song of those times. Oh, and Happy B Day kzaug2014 from me and Missus Yooper!-)

'I Wanna Be Sedated' ~ The Ramones

-