Old 03-27-2015, 09:18 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  
Pouncer

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
Pouncer go to the grief forum and reread the post about the people who lost a mother to alcohol I know you saw it and it touched you maybe now is a good time to see why you are quitting. I don't know how to copy and paste from my Kindle.
Della,

I did that again, it helped. My mom called right after to deal with my late grandfather's estate.

My mom has two sisters. Her older sister (Aunt K.) suddenly died of heart failure 10 years ago when she was 52. One night she went to get a glass of water, then fell suddenly on her bathroom tile and died. It left my cousins without their mother to share important milestones as adults. My cousins have had long-standing addiction issues and are not doing very well at the moment.

I always looked up to Aunt K. I thought she had it together. She was thoughtful, her house was always welcoming. I never knew she was an alcohol addict. I just found out. She had spinal surgery and was also on medication and essentially died from alcohol-induced heart failure.

My mom's other sister (Aunt M.) was living at my grandfather's house when he died. She too died suddenly of heart failure just two month ago. She went into her room and locked the door. When the pest control guy came, my cousin went to get his mother. Her door was locked and the pest control guy ended up breaking down the door. She had been dead for two hours. She left a disabled son who depended on her. They also ran toxicology tests and she also had a drug and alcohol addiction. We thought she was in recovery, but she hid it well. Aunt M. also died of drug/alcohol induced heart failure. I just found out about the toxicology results.